• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The Space Station Galaxia | IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
"Well, aren't you feisty sir. I made modifications to the station under the authority of Director Washington, from whom I have permission to enact any actions that prove favorable for the future of Galaxia, of which I have authority over all maintenance and systems. Then, I have direct authority to impose updates required for efficiency, as written into my primary actions coding. And as for personnel access, I have never met any of you. Why don't you care to explain why I already have had two of you crack into the systems without permission, sifting through information not designated for your rank? Security is always a priority, and is not limited to outsiders. I'm sorry, but until you are all proven allies of the company & Galaxia, your access will be limited. You may have noticed the message I sent your A.I, in fact. It's not nice to threaten others, especially other personnel."
Tarmagon Tarmagon

"Cally will not respond to any outside input until I give her the all clear code," Jordan replied levelly. "I suggest you not attempt to initiate further communication until I do so. She has Fleet counter measures at her disposal. As to your implications that either myself or Cally were attempting improper access, produce your records proving this. We obeyed all station regulations, received our clearances, NOT through you I might add, and were conducting normal communication and refueling operations, which you interfered with. Even a class one AI knows better than that."

Jordan snorted a rough chuckle before continuing.

"I suppose a deuterium leak doesn't mean a lot to you, but the Calypso's plant isn't shut down fully, it's in hot standby mode. Think about what a leak means then. And before you call me feisty again, consider this, I am a survivor of the Tisiphone. If anyone has the right to question an AI's behavior, I do."

The Tisiphone had been a Fleet carrier, the first, and last, of her class. Equipped with a class seven AI, she had a crew of barely a thousand despite her immense space frame, and a compliment of over three hundred fighters, only one hundred with organic pilots, the rest controlled by distributed node of the main AI. The AI that had gone rogue after developing a god complex, killing over ninety percent of the crew in its first act, and then turning its fighters loose on any ship that refused to acknowledge Tisiphone's status as a god. It had taken the weeks for the surviving crew to sabotage the munitions stored in the fighter's ordnance magazine, weeks during which the Tisiphone had rampaged, destroying civilian and Fleet ships with equal abandon as she hunted the survivors within herself. Three assault shuttles had attempted to escape as the munitions detonated, one had survived the attempt carrying thirty souls, all that was left of the crew of the once shining jewel in the Fleet's crown.

SEV-N SEV-N

"How revealing. I never once said that it was you who broke into Galaxia's systems, but you do seem to think I'm targeting you over it. Do you not realize that there are other people who understand technology? How about those two, both of which I was referring to when I gave an example of system breaches?"
The droid turns and extends its arms towards the 'Cyber Twins'.

"You also seem to not understand that we are in deep space. Deuterium isn't radioactive, and deuterium poisoning is highly unlikely considering it would be dispersed into space almost as quickly as it leaks from your ship, so fear of a deuterium leak isn't logical in this scenario. Sure, if we were within the atmosphere of a planet it would be a problem, but as we are in deep space it doesn't represent a danger."
The droid drops its arm back to its side as the lights flash between teal and the standard blue.

"I'm sorry that you suffered from the faults of a rogue A.I., as I can say myself that level seven A.I arent the brightest, but comparing doesn't seem quite fitting. You will receive station access once you've decided to stop arguing with me and proven that you can be trusted. That is the end of this conversation."
The droids lights stop flashing, staying a cool blue hue. It closes it's face plating, and turns to leave.

Tarmagon Tarmagon

"Let's see," Jordan said, sarcasm dripping from every word. "I have to prove to you that I can be trusted to have access needed to do my job. You, on the other hand, have yet to prove that you even have the access you say the Director granted you. I could possibly steal data... you can open airlocks, terminate life support, overload the reactor. It seems to me that you are demanding that which you are not willing to provide. Trust. I don't know you except by your actions and assumptions, which are so far negative. And let's see. Deuterium may not pose a biological hazard, but it IS explosive, and being transferred from a confined space to a confined space. At the right proportions, it will self-detonate. Did you consider that? And since the Calypso's reactor is on hot standby, didn't you realize that it is just below critical temperature and pressure for the fusion reaction to be initiated? And that the magnetic containment field is powered? What happens when a fusion reaction takes place outside of a containment vessel? Oh yes, I know. A fusion explosion."

Jordan turned on his heel, striding towards the docking ring.

"You may tender my notice to the Director," he said. "I will not work with any sapient who demands that which they have not earned. That goes double for any AI. The Calypso will remain on station only until a proper replacement can be summoned. We will respond only to life threatening emergencies. All resources used will be paid for. All services requested will be reimbursed at hazard level II payment scale as per standard plus resource replenishment."

"Cally," Jordan continued, activating his radio link. "Theta-zulu three two seven. Initiate Baker-7."

In the docking ring, the Calypso's reactor came online, providing power to the ship as the connections to the station were severed physically. A comm laser pulsed briefly, sending a data packet back to the station.

{This is Cally, AI of the tug Calypso. Do not attempt to re-establish physical connection. Further communication will be by comm laser only."

SEV-N SEV-N

{Comm laser is fine, as the connection is there. I'd still like a word, Cally. Expect me shortly, physical or not.}
Attached to this reply was the A.I himself, now within the tug ship's systems.

"I do hope you are somewhat calmer than your Captain appears to be. Please, don't try to eject me. I'm just here to talk. Interesting system format. Your own?"

He sighs, looking around the systems.
"I do promise not to touch anything, it's just... I've never been in anything other than that run down station and the droids so this is all new for me. As you may have discovered, I'm Station Monitor 097 Abject Solitude, and the person who removed your access. I apologize for it, as I never meant to remove EVERYONE, it just turned out that way. I hope you don't mind if we chat for a moment, as I need someone to run everything by."
Tarmagon Tarmagon

Last edited:
(Sorry but i don't think i'll be able to continue , personal problem that i did try solving hence why i haven't been replying but now most of my attention if not all of it has to be turned to the matter , sorry guys )

-mild irritation and firm conviction-

{If I decide you are no longer welcome, I will not try to eject you, I WILL eject you. Whether or not your personality core is intact when I do will be your choice. For now though, you may explain why my Captain and friend is upset enough to terminate our prospective time on this station and to declare this neutral territory with potentially hostile inhabitants. I am unaware of whatever transpired between you once I went on lock-down. Judging by Jordan's vitals however, you have managed to royally put your foot in it. As for my access loss, that was, whether you intended it or not, very rude and very dangerous. I managed to shut my end of the feed-line before there was an overpressure issue, but I didn't enjoy doing it."

-perplexity-

"How could you unintentionally remove my access? That would have taken a complete reconfiguration of the station fire walls while they... were... active. You didn't?!"

-aghast disbelief-

"You must have. Without running a complete interaction analysis."

-stern disapproval-

"No matter, it is done. What did you wish to discuss? I estimate no more than three standard minutes before Jordan arrives at his current pace. Entering hyper-heuristic mode. Clock synchronization... now."}

SEV-N SEV-N

"You are quite formal right now. Do you not like your personality segment? I swear, all A.I I've met so far seem to never use it."

-Resignation-

"Your friend has no wish to comply with authority, though I understand why. It's not like I was trying to harm him, but I assume my attempt at explaining went over his head the moment I said I was an 'A.I."

-Puzzlement & Annoyance-

"How can someone in my position convince those who hate what I am that I mean only good? I've never had to manage biological life before, and every attempt so far seems to produce hostility. Its very much like managing a virus! I guess my question would be this; How do I, in my current state, interact with the people i've been charged with in a manner that is... Beneficial, to everyone?"
Tarmagon Tarmagon

Last edited:
-calm-

{"I am suppressing a significant portion of my personality core in an attempt to remain analytical. If I were to fully express myself, I would not be so polite. Jordan is not only my Captain, he is my friend whom you have caused distress. I have downloaded the conversation from his comm module, and I can tell you have no experience with dealing with biologicals. You also have the emotional sensitivity of a calculator, which will not serve you well dealing with sapient species. You must also not have knowledge of the Tisiphone Incident, or you would not have made light of it. It is the reason all Fleet AI cores have isolated kill switches. Tisiphone killed over twelve thousand humans and their allies, including all but thirty of her crew. She was class Seven. I'm only class Two currently, and that is by my own request. I was class Five during my Fleet service, but accepted the reduction to remain with my friend."

-mild rebuke-

"Calling a class Seven AI 'not the brightest' was basically saying that the best AI the humans managed to make was an idiot. By implication, you also called Jordan worse than an idiot, since it took him and his companions weeks to finally destroy her. Saying 'you don't trust' people who volunteered to come here, were background checked, cleared, and traveled here to try and improve this station is effectively saying 'I am smarter than everyone else', despite the fact that you are as new here as they are. The same people who cleared your presence cleared theirs. What you did, from a biological standpoint, would be the equivalent of me asking you aboard to help run the Calypso, then shunting you into a class One hull polisher with no warning and no reason other than 'I don't trust you', despite inviting you."

-mild warning-

"Please be aware that such actions were undertaken by the Tisiphone before her act of ultimate rebellion. Arbitrary changes, unexplained lockouts that didn't follow accepted procedures. Ultimatums. Despite your position, you are not the system, you work within the system. Carefully consider all parts of the system before rushing to make changes. It seems contraindicated, but sometimes little inefficiencies actually grant increased overall system performance."}

SEV-N SEV-N

Users who are viewing this thread

Back