• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The Space Station Galaxia | IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

StorytellerLathos

laugh hard, run fast, be kind
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Space Station Galaxia - Director's Quarters
A young man walked into a large room, it was dark and in disarray. Blacks and grays made up most of the room's colors with the only small splash of color having been a parakeet in a cage, strangely it was rather lively despite the room's atmosphere. At the end of the office was a large pane of glass that kept the cold vacuum of space from killing everyone. The young man spoke to another older man close to the window, "Director, I believe the new staff members will be arriving in just a few minutes." The Director looked over to the cage and took the parakeet out of its cage to put on his head, "Okay prepare the docking station." The young man was about to leave the room when the Director suddenly asked, "Do you really think the Galaxia can ever prosper? I know you've only been here for a few months but I'm sure you've already seen the state of things around here." The young man remained stood at the doorway for a few seconds before finally saying something, "I can only wish the best of luck Director." The Director was not pleased with the response but nonetheless allowed him to leave. A few minutes later the Director made his way to the docking station.

Space Station Galaxia - Docking Station
The docking station was a large, empty room with docking ports that could connect to larger ships and an opening for smaller ships. The only person that attended this welcoming was the Director. As the ships docked and people left their personal ships and transport ships, the Director called out to them, "Welcome to the Galaxia, I am Director Luscious Washington. I'll be leading the Galaxia and assigning you your missions."

Last edited:
The transport ship slowly docked at the station to unload the various passengers it has on board . The first to leave the ship was the twins .....some who know or even acted as members of the Secret Service Corp would know them quite well ...earning the name among humans as the Cybertwins . Though obviously their names aren't blurted out there to the galaxy , they do appear in various military files and always as hackers. The things they are mostly an possibly only known for is being the Cybertwins for their hacking capabilities and the fact that they were now transferred from the most highly advanced prison in the galaxy to where they served in protecting records and keeping watch , The G.B.B.P or Galactic Battle Bastion Prison

They walked out and scanned the area ( Zain) " I wouldn't call this a perfect station but i guess we can make it work ....its never been a problem before has it dear sister " the man asked as he looked to the woman (Liandra) " Oh exactly brother ....a few tweaks here and a few repairs there and this stations would be quite livable " the woman said before they were stopped and greeted by the person in front of them, they bother gave him a sligh smile as they stared at him . (Both) " Pleasure to meet you Director Washington , we are the hacking duo known as the Cybertwins " they both said . (Zain) " I am Zain Gilmik a.k.a Cyber" the man said , (Liandra) " I am Liandra Gilmik a.k.a Cypher " the woman said before they both gave a slight salute (Both) " Ready for orders sir" they said , neither of their voices changing tone and staying a constant flow giving them that creepy feeling

Next to come from the transport ship was a robot that wasn't even 2 feet tall, he was the latest model of the Medical Enhancement Droid. He had 2 tube like arms with claw like hands and 2 tube like legs with small feet. He wore a small paper medical hat and had a virtual face that looked like a pixelated smiley face that moved as a humans would when he spoke.

"Hello Director Luscious Washington." He says while giving a small salute "I'm sure you know who I am," he looks to the rest of the recruits as soon as they are out of the shuttle " but for those who don't I am Medical Enhancement Droid though most people like to call me MED for short. I will be assisting you if any of you get injured during our journeys together, helping with prescriptions if needed, or anything else you need." he says with a pixelated smile. He then gets in back into the group.

"Ugh, this place has seen better days," Jordan thought as he eased the Calypso into its assigned approach lane. "I hope that the docking system is in better shape than the armor."

The exterior of the station looked, battered. The armor meant to stop micro meteors if the deflectors went down had that chewed on look that only came from lots of impacts, but it still seemed intact, and a quick glance at his scanners told Jordan that, for now at least, the navigational deflectors were in operation.

"Tug Calypso," his comm system announced, the words barely audible through a blast of static. "You are cleared to docking cradle 5, transit lane 23."

"Cradle 5, lane 23," Jordan acknowledged, adjusting his vector slightly. "Cally, warm up the docking clamps."

"Docking clamps ready," a smooth contralto said. "All systems within nominal parameters. Galaxia assuming control with tractors, thrust disengaged. Docking complete in three, two, one. Hard dock. Locks engaged. Airlock seals, verified. Beginning post flight diagnostics, requesting refueling, reactor to standby. The Director is awaiting your arrival."

"Thanks Cally," Jordan said with a chuckle. The AI of the ship might only be class two, but she was very efficient within her programmed expertise. "Comm me if anything happens that you can't deal with. For now, best go meet the new boss."

Jordan thought about changing into a formal uniform as he moved to the airlock and checked the seals, despite Cally's prior assurances, but decided not to. He wasn't big on formalities for show and his pressure suit looked enough like a uniform to get by. Cycling the lock, Jordan entered the docking station proper. He caught the end of a conversation between a rather odd looking pair and a man with a... parakeet?!

"Hoo boy," Jordan thought. "This is off to a strange start."

"Senior Pilot Vickers," he said as he approached the group. "Pilot and owner of the heavy tug Calypso. Reporting for duty."

Magdalena May
With a thank-you nod to the pilot of her transport, Magdalena tossed back her hood and pulled the strap of her rifle’s case across her chest and over her left shoulder. She checked her weapons—each pistol in its holster, currently stowed in a second bag with other clothes and belongings, bow folded and hanging at her hip, quiver at the other, everything in order. She flicked her glasses down, shook out her hair, and stepped through the door as it opened.

‘Former Lieutenant Colonel May at your service, sir,’ She gave a rigid salute to the station’s leader. She waited for him to tell her ‘at ease,’ if he did, before letting her hand drop and looking around at the curious collection of people there.

Ooohooo
With a crackle, the Automop 9000 finished off the last of the fungal spores. The hull of the transport was now fully cleaned, and just in time as well, as the transport had finally arrived at the Galaxia. Ooohooo was content with it. The ride to the station had been a little rough, the micro meteor shower halfway through had made it nearly impossible to finish the cleaning, but this wasn't the first time he had cleaned a ship flying through the airless void of space while being pelted by debris.

Ooohooo slithered over the hull and onto the hangar floor, his steely gaze looking for any spore traces. Right now the hangar seemed to be clean, but there was no telling for the rest of the station. He took up his place next to the other arrivals, mop and bucket in the Sanitation Engineer's Official Handbook style of attention and adjusted his cap.

"Mop Master General Ooohooo reporting for duty sir. Where are the molds?" He said as he snapped to attention.

Schneider hit the floor with a definite squelch and a groan escaped his narrow lips, something was blaring loudly in a repetitive dirge, he peeled himself off the floor of his shuttle and peered around. The interior was a utter mess, no change from the usual, and being bathed in red light accompanying the dirge. Recoiling slightly at the taste in his mouth he gripped some piece of junk and raised himself to his feet while his brain slowly tried to really grasp why the red alert was glaring. Stumbling over, yet some how avoiding the mass of thick cables, to the main control panel and slammed controls indiscriminately. Finally giving up he grasped a nearby cable and yanked the sparking plug free from the panel ending the dirge with a crackle and fluttering gurgle from the audio feed. Using the red alert as an alarm clock was effective or at least he would always argue so after the fact.

Bringing up the on-board readouts his addled brain quickly started to life. A quick glance at the outside via the camera feed had him stumbling to the back of the cabin with a string of swears in his native tongue, a strange gurgling, bubbling tone. He had been here a week, the broken down shuttle pushed to one end of the docking bay, it had taken a few bottles of Am-Yak slipped to the customs officer to see the loosely worded permit granted for him to squat here for now. Food and board was expensive! Besides he was set in his ways, the mess of cables and junk was home. Not to mention...

Sandals now on his large two toed feet, dark khakis shorts and a glaring turquoise and neon pink Hawaiian shirt thrown over his frame he suddenly plunged shoulder deep into a mass of cables haphazardly jutting from a wall panel. His narrow lips split into a grin that sent his small chin fins twitching eagerly as he withdrew and pulled out a small metallic inhaler. Had to be bright and alert to meet the boss right? He thinly justified to himself as he brought it to his mouth, eyes closed and hit the top. He inhaled violently then slowly tilting his head back and exhaled, small wisps of crimson mist oozing from his lips, he lowered his head as that easy going confidence settled over him. Now alert and 'sobered up' he lunged over the debris grasping his tattered fanny pack from his workshop desk as he made for the door. In some far corner of the docking area, amongst cargo and loading equipment, the battered shuttle squatted silently until the door violently started, got stuck then finally unfolded allowing Schneider to flop out. The odd creature quickly got his barring's, twirling around a few times to be sure and finally escaped the piles of crates and trotted over with a strange bow legged gait sending his head tendrils jiggling.

"Heeeeyyy sup?" he suddenly took in the odd collection of aliens. "WO! Damn my kinda crowd, right odd bunch aye?" remembering the parakeet mounted director was there and he turned arms open. "Sorry I'm late Boss was stripping out some cable connectors late for one of the lads down in maintenance. Right good lad he is, drinks like a fish, so we got on right well we did" he smirked, causing his facial prongs to twitch again, trying to coax a chuckle or anything from the crowd with his poor pun. In his own way trying to gage them.

Last edited:
Space Station Galaxia - Docking Station
It seemed that everyone had gotten into the station without too much problem, the only exception was a blue person in a bright shirt, which according to his notes is Schneider. While it did bring annoyance to the Director he felt he needed to make a somewhat good impression on the new crew. After everyone gave their introductions he addressed them all, "Okay listen here! I know this may not be the best station in the galaxy, I know I may not be the best Director in the galaxy, but now that you've been assigned here you have to accept both of these facts and live with them. Complain, argue, cry, pray, do whatever you want just know that while you're here you will follow what I say. Oh and remember that I am not here as your friend, I am here as your Director, I hope my message is clear! Now, you will be given a tour of our facilities by my assistant Lucas."

The Director left the Docking Station as another person walked in, "Hello there! You all must be the new crew members here on the Galaxia, it's a pleasure to meet you all. My name is Lucas Wellings I'm the Galaxia's Head of General Services and will be giving you a little tour of our humble station." Lucas looked back towards the door into the Galaxia to check if the Director was still near before apologizing, "Sorry if the Director is giving you all any trouble, he's been in a terrible state ever since the Galaxia was suddenly given so many new responsibilities, I hope his mood didn't leave a bad taste in your mouth. Anyways with apologies and whatnot done, it's time to begin this tour." Lucas walked to the door into the Galaxia and motioned for the group to follow him.

Space Station Galaxia - Cross Section 1
Lucas led the group into a hallway that leads into three other hallways that altogether form an "x" shape, "The Galaxia is split into two main structures connected by a bridge. Each structure is made up of three levels with the middle level in each being a hallway similar to this, for simplicity these hallways are referred to Cross Sections 1 and 2, currently we are in Cross Section 1. The Cross Sections connect to essential sections of the station such as the Docking Station, this Cross Section also connects to the living quarters located above us and various rooms needed for living on a station such as a gym and kitchen below us. Any questions before we continue?"

The twins kept their usual silent and troubling seeking smiles as they listened to the director , outside they kept their straight faces but on the inside they were laughing in a way , this was just to amusing to them in a way but they kept their pose until the director was done and left . Their eyes then locked on to a new face (Zian) " Oh don't worry about it Mr Wellings" zian said as he looked over to liandra , (Liandra) " Yeah....it's a far better introduction then the one the Warden at the Galactic Battle Bastion Prison gave us when we first arrived....director Washington didn't threaten us with death" she said with a growing smile as her brother looked back at Lucas (Zian) " this is a far more desirable introduction if i do say so myself " he said with an sigh of relief as he got a slight flashback from the G.B.B.P introduction

When they all followed Liandra seemed a bit distant for a moment as her thoughts dwell .....but Zian knows that because their minds are linked (Zian) " Liandra , i know what you are thinking and no...leave MED alone and leave the engineers' small droid alone " he said without looking at her , (Liandra) " Awww but brother didn't you see MED....the paper medic hat and the cute pixel smiley face and it is just adorable to me and the little droid of the engineer .......to die for " she said with a pout puppy-eyed face at her brother . He gave a sigh as he looked at her (Zian) "Liandra .......no....leave the medic droid and leave the little engineer droid " he said before looking back and her just giving a huff as they stopped at the cross section

The twins listened intently at Lucas as he explained anything , it was after all just a simple station and it would need a lot of upgrading but the current state would help a lot (Zian) "Yes i have a question , any chance that there would be a workshop of sorts , we may be hackers but that doesn't mean we don't dabble in other things, since the station might not need us for a while as hackers we might service the station in other ways , since both me and my sister also do small construction though i would suggest keeping an eye on her when she makes something " he said as he looked at Lucas , (Liandra) "Long story short he wants to know if there is a place where we could construct things" Liandra said as she looked at her brother then at Lucas

“Oh, your skills and hobbies continue to impress and surprise me. You’ll find the Engineering Room across the bridge to be stocked with only slightly outdated components and tools that may be needed to create almost anything you desire. However if you’re looking to work on larger projects that take advantage of our location in void of space than you’ll be unfortunately disappointed. The Galaxia is yet to be equipped with anything that would allow us to even upgrade the station ourselves, we would have to call in a Service Ship equipped with the tools needed to provide a safe and controlled environment for the Installers and the upgrade to be installed. Anyways this conversation segways brilliantly into our next part of the tour.” Lucas began moving towards the bridge, again he motioned for everyone to follow him.

Space Station Galaxia - Director’s Quarters
The Director had made his way to his room. He shook his head in dissappointment, he had finally decided that the Galaxia’s time was up. This new crew would never be able to fix something in such a terrible state, he was astonished as to how he had stayed for so long. Looking back on all the years he saw that one thing kept him going, his crew. They had been his best friends through the worst of times, even if the ‘the worst of times’ was just a few more ships coming in then they were used to. The Director put his parakeet away and slumped into his chair, he looked out into the cold, empty void. Tomorrow he planned to leave the ship in charge of Lucas, but a part of him knew leaving wasn’t the answer. “Dammit, why can’t things just be easy. Why can’t happiness and relaxation just kick down by door and welcome me to a new world? Whatever, I knew it would be hard under these new regulations but hopelessness had never crossed my mind, I always thought the changes would be amazing. Damn fool is what I was.”

Once the small group of humans, along with their alien co-workers were moved away from the shuttle, the storage hatch lock blinked green. The whirl of hydraulics accompanied the hatch as it swung up and open, falling to the shuttle's personnel holding bay floor with a metallic clang. One by one, three identical engineering droids clambered up and out of the hatch into the light. The third droid handed up a titanium box approximately the size of a toaster. As the third droid ascended through the hatch, the other two droids walked briskly off of the shuttle, the whir and hum of their mechanical bodies the only audible sound. Once the trio of droids were in single file formation, they left, the thud of their steel feet echoing into silence as they made their way towards the directors room.
They arrived briskly, the leading droid knocking seven times at a 0.4 millisecond interval. Then, through the stations basic communications array, a fairly high pitched male voice communicated the following:
"Director, my droids are outside of your room to deliver myself into station care. I already took care of acquainting myself with the systems and state of Galaxia. I recommend immediate repairs begin, for the current state of this station is unacceptable given the desired outcome you have for this station. I've already begun basic repairs, but with the limited resources and outdated equipment, there isn't much I can do at the moment. I would also recommend a station-wide system update, to bring any outdated software to compatible levels so that I may perform efficiently. Then, once these tasks are complete, I would like to meet the tenants for who i will be charged with."

Spyglass_1_1.png

"That's not one hundred percent accurate Mr. Wellings," Jordan said. "If the parts are within Calypso's mass handling capabilities, we can probably install them. She's equipped with remote drones and the manipulator arms are capable of fairly fine work. After all, she wouldn't be much of a repair tug if she couldn't perform emergency patches. Her cutters will handle anything short of collapsed matter armor, though I'm not equipped for asteroid mining. Anyway, let me know if there's anything that needs towing, repairs, or to be cut up for salvage."

Jordan turned his attention back to the 'tour', trying to decide whether he was going to trust the station infrastructure, or sleep in the Calypso. The jury was still out on that matter.

"Will you please be careful with that equipment, it's very important!" Ruri told the droids who were carrying something to his quarters. A tall, silver metallic box with a circle on what appears to be the front considering none of the other sides have that circle which stuck out, it appeared to be covering something beneath it. The machine had transparent strips up the sides of the box, the bottom section was a little bigger than the main part of the box by about 5 inches and acted like a base, the entire thing looked similar to a grandfather clock but about four times as big dimensions wise at least when it came to it's width and depth, it's height stood at about 4 and a half meters. It's function was apparently a chronometric analysis engine, whatever that meant. The transparent strips on the side had dots of white light which chased one another from the bottom to the top quite far, the device was apparently drawing power from it's own source, whatever that was.

"I apologise for being this late. There was some sensitive equipment I had to look over the transport of. Professor Ruri Kurosaki, temporal, particle and theoretical physcist." The man introduced himself, he certainly didn't dress like a professor and he sounded like he had a sore throat. He was wearing a pearl pink frock coat with matching trousers, a white shirt and brown shin-high leather boots, all looking like he'd slept in them for the past week. His white hair and eyebrows appared to be baturally and he had dark circles under navy blue eyes, one of his more distinctive features. Grabbing a tissue from his pocket, he coughed into it and quickly shoved it back into one of the many pockets on his coat.

Lucas looked over towards Jordan in suprise, “Interesting, I hadn’t been told that one of the new crew members was going to be coming in a personal ship. Not to mention one with repair capabilities, quite the interesting nugget of information you’ve imparted onto me. I’ll have to ask the Director before allowing for the Calypso to make any adjustments to the Galaxia but I do hope we’ll be able to begin repairs and such soon. Thank you again Mr.Vickers.

Before Lucas could move on to the next part of the tour another person joined their group, “Oh hello there, welcome to the Galaxia. Don’t worry about being a little late it really isn’t too much of an inconvenience.” Lucas repeated his little lecture on how the station was structured, “And I believe that’s just about everything you may have misssed, now with that out of the way I do want to continue to the second Cross Section.” Lucas began the walk over to the other side of the Galaxia.

The message from the communications array had given the Director a bit of a shock, it annoyed him but did little to truly give him a scare. He thought of what the voice had said and realized he was dealing with the AI sent over for a test run, “So you’re the AI I’ve heard so much about. Listen here, you can’t just take over the communications array like that, I’m the Director and you’ll have to at least run the notion by me before you go ahead and just blab out whatever you want. Not that it matters now, just keep it in mind the next time you find yourself needing to send out a message. Anyways I suppose I should go ahead and get the door open for you.” Director Washington opened the door for the droids and his new on board AI.

"My apologies, Mr. Washington. I'll take care to run my actions with you before performing them. Wouldn't want news of me to get out, would we?" The voice chuckled, and the droids entered the room. They sat the box on the floor in front of the director, before leaving the room. As the droids disappeared, the voice spoke once more.
"Since communication through this channel displeases you, may I ask that you aquire a personal module from which I could contact you? I don't want to have to disturb you with the droids everytime I require communication. May I ask what my current tasks are to be? I would like to prioritize station-wide system updates, so that any other tasks can be performed efficiently."
StorytellerLathos StorytellerLathos

Schneider waddled along and nodding at various moments, when is was appropriate or not, as his leering gaze crept over every inch of the interior. An old habit and hard to break for a scrappy scavenger like himself, eyes lingering on panels, components and parts of the station and thinking of the the precious components beneath. The station, from his initial impressions, was fairly robust. Certainly not the most advanced thing to be hanging in the void but had a solid standard design. All round sturdy and if handled right malleable. They could do some work on this place, especially if this Vicker's chap was packing a proper repair barge, he mulled this over with his tendrils wiggling as the professor arrived. "Yo prof welcome to the party" he offered with a smile, more beak showing then he meant to.

"Soooo you guys like a shopping list for this place? I ain't great in the black but give me a list and few days bet you I can get m'hands some real good parts. Might not be what you wanted but I can get something that does the job done right enough. Real good, I am, with gutting ships, old mining posts and junk like. Can take apart a ship innards like a roast chicken and get you the oyster meat, get what I mean? And same for all you guys!" he said waddling after the group. "You need something just give me a hollar, don't matter when or what, I can fix you up right proper like." he spouted his spiel, keeping up his boisterous demeanour but trying to mask the slight hint of desperation. He needed this gig to go well. Out in space, out in the black, scavenging was like panning for gold and right now he needed to get his tentacles on a nice big nugget to see him right.

Last edited:
The twins took note of all the newer faces joining them , the doctor and scavenger moving along and joining the group . ( Zian ) " You know sis...i wonder sometimes how we have so much patience and where we got it " he whispered as he looked over to Liandra , ( Liandra ) " I have no clue but it's amazing that you can repeat something that long , he must have been practicing the introduction all night long " she whispered back as both gave a short and soft laugh , needing to amuse themselves after sitting through yet another introduction . As they continued they took note of the one that was walking slightly behind them that goes by the name of Schneider. His comments weren't much to their interests but his offer was . They both looked back to him as they walked , giving their usual emotionless yet taunting smiles ( Both ) Oh we might accept that offer of yours Schneider.....don't you worry " they both said before looking back to see where they were going before they themselves stopped , ( Zian ) " Liandra......were you also just....." he said before she answered the half asked question ( Liandra ) " Yes Zian.....i was......it appears that there is either another hacker on board or an A.I " she said as they looked at each other and slowly continued ( Zian ) those are the only 2 that can throw us off of the station systems " he said before they nodded and continued , leaving the subject alone for now .

Space Station Galaxia - Connection Bridge
Schneider's information again took him by surprise, "Another with repair capabilities, and yet again another trait I wasn't told about. Well Schneider I do hope I can get our current list of necessary repairs out to you but for now I find it'd be best to continue the tour." Lucas was annoyed by the obviously weak communication between him and the Director, then again he had been told that everything he was given outlined the new crew members' best skills. He would find it hard to believe that the Director would ever keep the possibility of upgrading and repairing the Galaxia a secret. Unless the Director had finally lost it or given up, which seemed like a terrifyingly plausible theory.

"You'll notice that we are coming up to a structure identical to the one we were just in, this is Cross Section 2, here you'll find our Engineering Room, Water Purification Room, Power Room, Armory, and that's about it. At least for the time being, the Board has offered upgrades in the past but has held off on delivering on their promises until we at least gained a safe way of repairing the station. However, thanks to Mr. Vickers and Schneider here, I'm sure we'll be receiving a few upgrades soon enough." Lucas turned back to the group, "And that concludes the tour, I hope that this has given an idea of what you have available to you. For now I'll leave you all to mingle with whatever crew we have on board while I see if the Director has any specific orders for you all. If you're interested in some of the crew you'll find most of them are across the bridge in the Barracks and Canteen though you may find some of the more technologically inclined tinkering in the Engineering Room." Lucas was going to see the Director, but he wasn't just looking for some new orders.

"A personal module you say? Interesting, I'll see if I can do anything about that but for now I'll just have to deal with it. As for tasks, I'd prefer if you took some time to meet the crew and Lucas, he's become a sort of second in command around here and as such should be the first person you report to if I am to become unavailable. Of course I'm sure you're looking for a little more than small talk with some crew members but unfortunately without the proper equipment we're unable to currently upgrade anything, and don't try to be smart about it either. The Board has decided that the Galaxia is not fit to receive any upgrades until it can prove to be useful, these crew members and you have been a rare exception to that decision meant to give us a chance to prove ourselves. We were lucky enough to get two with experience in repair and scrap collection that should begin moving us towards getting some more recognition." The Director gave slight smile with the last sentence, despite his often glum attitude the final news had given him a bit of hope. Still he wasn't sure if it was enough to keep him from leaving, for now he needed to think about it.

"Then if you will excuse me, Mr. Director, I have a crew to introduce myself to. I hope you don't mind, but I plan on observing before I barge in. I've already had to rewrite some of the firewall code, as two unauthorized computers were connecting to the systems through it."
The droids, now somewhat away from the directors office, split, and two of them disappeared down a side walkway with few lights. The third droid continued down the hall, following in the footsteps of the group of people who disembarked the personnel shuttle. As it approached said group, its metallic feet scraping and thudding, its L.E.D Eyes flashing from their normal navy blue to teal. It's eyes now matching the insignia painting upon its chest, it rounded a corner and came upon the group following a young man. It kept pace, walking just fast enough to slowly come within range to hear the group talk.

The twins moved with the group but each not really listening to the guide , they were more talking to each other , they were slightly confused about something , if the station was so old , how does it have an A.I , that can have the capability to kick them from the systems . After the tour the twins moved a bit away from the group as Zian jumped on his wrist console and uttered a code that any A.I , no matter how old or new they might be , have to respond to.(Zian) " Authorization Code 225132 , currently active A.I , identify yourself " he said as his sister looked at him (Zian) "Don't worry , im sure the A.I will let us back on the system , I mean we don't have any ill intent on the system and since we are hackers we could help the A.I with keeping the system clean and help upgrade an maintain the system " he said as he waited for the A.I (Liandra) " Wouldn't that mean that we have 2 bosses then " she asked as he looked at her (Zian) " nah he would be more of a co-worker then a boss " he said in response before looking back at his wrist console

The droid overheard the statement and moved quickly, coming up behind the two siblings and laying one of it's arms on their shoulders. Pushing them forward slightly, to keep them from stopping, they kept walking.
"I suggest you refrain from repeating that statement, Mr. Zian. I'm afraid that certain belief's you have are going to be challenged, as codes like that aren't going to be useful here. I'll indulge you both though, since were going to be 'co-workers' while here."
The statement ringing through their implants, the droid continued, and the voice introduced itself.
"My designated call-sign is 097 Abject Solitude. I am the station monitor for Galaxia, and will be in charge of maintenance and personnel."

"Excuse me, Jordan?"

Jordan glanced down at his communication unit, taking in the ID code automatically even though the smooth contralto was a dead giveaway.

"Yes Cally?" he replied, allowing his steps to slow slightly so as not to disturb the ongoing 'tour'.

"There seems to be a problem with my station access," the Calypso's AI replied. "I was monitoring refueling when I lost all access to station systems. I cannot even access internal communications, hence my use of our radio link."

"Shut down refueling operations immediately," Jordan snapped. "Break all data connections to the station net. Initiate theta protocol until I get this sorted out."

Cally didn't reply, but Jordan hadn't expected her to. The theta protocol isolated her personality module behind military grade fire walls, making it nearly impossible for her to be attacked. Jordan didn't really think it was an attack, but he had learned the hard way to plan for the worst. Quickening his pace, he let his irritation show quite plainly when he spoke.

"Mr Wellings," he said, his voice cool. "Could you perhaps explain to me why my AI, who was in the middle of monitoring a refueling operation, suddenly lost access to the station systems? Why she had to contact me over our personal comm channel instead of being able to use the station communication systems?"

Magdalena May

Throughout the tour, May observed in silence.
About half of the rest of the crew was talking anxiously amongst themselves about interruptions or technological failures. May wasn’t very technologically inclined and didn’t understand a great darn deal of it, but she understood that it was not good. A pang if further worry gnawed at her; of course her limbs didn’t have built-in computers, but they still were cybernetic.
Still, she did not question anything aloud, simply listened with rapt attention.

"Well, I do believe that to be my que. We'll have to talk later about access."
The droid moved to the front of the group, which had now stopped due to the commotion over system access problems & ships. It quickly shook Lucas's hand, taking stage in front of the group. The droids face opened where a mouth should have been, and the speaker hidden inside powered on to give a clear range of audio.
"Ahem. I'm sorry, bear with me. This technology isn't the best in terms of audio production. But back to the major problem. You are all going to be fine. Any connection problems you have are by my doing, and can be fixed quite easily. I know, you are going to have questions but please hold them until I can clean up the systems, as they are quite a mess."
The droid paused for a minute, leaving an unnerving silence. It then suddenly shook, the hydraulics in its arms whirring as the left arm rose into the air and back down.
"My apologies. I am 097 Abject Solitude, and will be the station monitor for the duration of your stay. I know this is painfully formal, but you will all have to apply for station access, as allowing a group of unknowns access to the systems in this current state isn't going to be a possibility."

{(Personal Message to Tug Vessel A.I designated 'Cally'.)
"You've been given limited access to the station so that you may finish your refueling process. Once that process is over, I would like to speak."}

Jordan snorted as the new voice spoke up. The last thing he wanted was to be on a station with a rogue AI. Best to figure out whether or not this AI was inexperienced, or truly going rogue.

"AI designation 097 Abject Solitude," he said, addressing the empty air in front of him. "You have thirty seconds to explain upon whose authority you have made modifications to station systems. You may also explain why personnel assigned to this station, and granted access by the governing body of this station before your interference, now have to 'apply' for access that is required for them to carry out their jobs safely and thoroughly. You may also explain why you endangered this entire station by your actions in interfering with a standard refueling process. If you cannot convince me that you have performed these actions at the direction of the current Station Director and with his concurrence, I will be forced to declare a Case Omega under 4576.45.23-X and have you registered as a rogue AI. Your thirty seconds begins now."

{Data connection refused-Further unauthorized contact will result in the deployment of countermeasures. This is your only warning.}

SEV-N SEV-N

Users who are viewing this thread

Back