• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The Space Beyond (Closed)

Caragia

The Lorekeeper
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Setting: In the far distant future, where humans have left Earth. It's been so long in fact that it's now become a legend and its relics now deemed priceless. Depleted resources, overpopulation, and a compromised ecosystem forced the population to abandon it. From there, humanity took a Star Trek approach and united and decided to go search for a new place to live. Soon after, their top scientists found a star system with dozens of planets and hundreds of moons, almost all of which had enough mass and solidity to be templates for new earths. So, through various technological advancements in terraforming, they changed these planets to fit the human needs. There's just one problem--unbeknownst to the humans, and some known, there were races already on some of those planets. The humans took a very non-Star Trek approach to this and booted races from planets or indoctrinated them into the "unity" that they envisioned. The Daydohbans, being one of them, however they fought back, and were almost annihilated.

Now the remains of the natives to System ZD-498, the Dioscuri System, are now without homes. They are now the 'dregs' of society--surviving anyway possible. Some joined the Terran Federation of Unity, others have formed a resistance, and the rest have stuck to the outskirts of the system. Tensions are high and emotions are running wild. Which side will you join? Will you fight the rebels or join them? The decision is up to you!

Character Sheets can be found HERE.
Extra Information can be found HERE.

Purity Purity

Last edited:
On the outskirts of the Dioscuri System, sits the Arcadis Trading Post. It was largely left alone by the Federation, allowing the outcasts, misfits, and other riffraff to congregate there. Blinking lights peppered the station here and there, flickering in the vast white-dotted darkness of space. The station itself was a patchwork craft, built from starships of civilizations dead for 20 years. It was located orbiting the planet Daigawa, the last planet in the galaxy.

In the nothingness, a small craft could be seen approaching the station. “Station control, requesting docking authorization,” a feminine voice crackled over the intercom.

Moments passed before an answer came through. “Permission granted,” came a male voice.

Next, a small black ship flew into one of the two docking bays on the Post. As it slowly maneuvered itself into position, one could see the ships name, the DAYORA, on its side near the cockpit. The bay doors of the station opened, allowing the small craft to fly in to land. Once it was safely inside, the doors closed, and the large room pressurized. Mechanics and engineers of all sorts were swarming about the place, servicing the other ships in the hanger. As steam rose from the ships’ exhausts, those same grease-monkies, began quickly working on repairs for the DAYORA.

Once the steam cleared and engines shut down, a door on the stern of the vessel slid up to reveal a woman with choppy long white hair with black undertones and black & red furred face. Her eyes were red with black slits as she surveyed the goings on in the hanger bay around her. Her ears twitched as she could hear sounds of conversations of other ship captains and engineers. He had better be here, to make me come to this God-forsaken dump, she thought. I want this business done and over with and he’d BETTER have my money. A moment later her facial features and hands began to meld, shift, and change to that of a tanned skinned human female with black tendrils. The choppiness of her hair smoothed itself as it grew to a more silken appearance. Her eyes changed to a clear icy blue. The woman looked down to adjust her dark leather, fur lined, cloak that covered her slender frame; bringing the hood up to just shadow her face. She slung the large leather bag and hefted it over her shoulder. The door slid down behind her as she turned around and spoke to the ship's A.I. program. Diah, I'm headed out. Ship lock down until I call or return; whichever comes first.

Command recognized. Do be careful Thorn, it replied in a lightly toned woman's voice.

"Aren't I always," she replied with a slight grin under her breath. Turning about, the woman head out toward the only bar on the station—Vagabond Row.

-----​

The bar was located on the 13th level of the station and was known in these parts for being the seediest and decrepit bar in these parts of the galaxy. Blackmarket deals and other questionable business went down. Thorn had to be careful in the place. The patrons would sooner slit her throat and take all she had. Her eyes surveyed the hazy room. It stank worse than a Glexolian dratruhr, which it’s stench could knock a person out with one whiff. She furled her lip in distaste when she saw her query to the back of the room. The woman weaved through the tables and soon was plopped herself down in front of a man.

“Hello there Macisseo…or should I just call you Mac?” She had asked sardonically. “I’ve got what you asked for.” Without taking her eyes off of the ‘man’, Thorn reached for the PADD on the table and ordered a drink.

Even though he himself was cloaked Thorn could tell what he was. He was a Sleamnie, she could smell the swampy stench rolling off him. Being that the species was humanoid, he had green and black colored plant-like skin with root-like feet—seemingly holding rocks. He looked to be about 6’2” with wide shoulders that, of which she was sure, had red and yellow petals that matched his ‘hair’. He had no nose and his face was either, black or brown…she couldn’t tell with his cloak. She observed the fellow, pick up his drink with his one of his four fingered hands.

“Don’t call me Mac,” he replied in a stuffy but gravelly voice. “I hate that.” He leveled her stare and motioned to the pack she clutched. “Show it to me.” He ordered. Thorn’s eyebrow arched at command.

“First off, Mac, don’t order me around. I do don’t do orders very well. You’d do well to remember that,” she answered back with a growl. Her eyes flashed red for a second as she continued. “Secondly, I’ll show it when I have my money.” At that moment, her drink arrived by way of a scantily clad server. Thorn thanked the girl and placed the required amount of credits in her hand. Next, she reached for her drink and took a sip. It was strong liquor, but she savored the taste.

Macisseo scowled and downed the rest of his own drink. “Fine,” he said as he slammed down the metal cup. He then reached into his cloak for his own personal PADD. After a series of taps, he turned the device over to Thorn. “I hope everything is as you said. It’d better be, cause I ain’t paying any more than that.”

The woman looked to the creature and arched her brow before taking the gadget. She perused the documents on it and smirked. Good, she thought, It’s all here. Thorn handed it back to Mac. “It’s good. Now deposit that into my account.” She reached into her bosom, pulled out a small card, and handed it to him. Macisseo took the card and slid it into a slot on the side of the device. A few seconds later and it was done. He then took the card out and handed it back to Thorn.

“Now give it to me, please so I can leave this…establishment,” Mac said sarcastically.

A sly, but pleased, grin slid across Thorn’s face. “Much obliged to do business with you…Mac. Here you go.” The woman placed the case on the table, took her drink and gulped down the last of her beverage. “I hope I never see you again,” she said as she slipped the card back into her bosom.

“Likewise,” the Sleamie replied happily as he took the parcel and left. Thorn was about to leave, but decided to stay for a meal. She then sat back down and reached for the PADD to order food.

A couple moments after “Mac” left, the bar doors slid open again. Three men stepped in, one in the front and the other two holding a struggling girl, her arms locked firmly in theirs. Her defiance was clearly present in glaring red eyes, though she was being completely overpowered by the three brutes. The man that was evidently the leader was a Terran, while the two binding her was a hulking Petra, a golem-like species, and a Dracon, a species well known for almost resembling the Terran legend of a dragon, except without the wings and similar in size to other humanoid species. They were all clad in varying amounts of actual, archaic armor for some unknown reason and other more modernized defensive units. The girl herself was certainly not Terran, however she had skin that was a tanned pink, black hair, and no other unique features except for her eyes.

They made their way to a corner of the bar, stopping only to knock her off her feet and drag her the rest of the way when her resistance became a bit more persistent.

“Ain’t no jackass now dat we can see ya, huh?” The man’s voice was of a moderate pitch and had a bit of a lisp, as if he had taken one too many a fist to the face. On top of which, he spoke in Modified English, another display of his supremacy over others. The bar had quieted a bit to hear the exchange.

The girl looked towards the bartender, somewhat hopefully. The bartender looked towards the odd group’s way, shrugged, and walked into the backroom at a leisurely pace. She sighed a bit and glared at the Terran.

Sorry, don’t speak prick.” The Terran sneered and wound up for a punch.

Hmmm… the special looks good. Thorn ordered just that, water and a twishkee**, on the rocks. Next, she pulled out her own PADD and began looking for the next job. No rest for the weary….she thought with a sigh. Things had been tight for a while, what with the humans making work difficult in the Central Areas of the galaxy. Their reach seemed to spread farther and farther into the Outer Areas. Why can’t the shit-bags just leave well enough alone? Thorn glowered for a moment before sighing, resuming her search.

It wasn’t long before her order arrived at her table. Thorn put her device aside and dug in with fervor.

As always, the direction of her thoughts turned down a darker path—her family, or what was left of them. Her expression turned as dark as her feelings, the pain glistened in her eyes. She stabbed the meat on her plate with her fork and shoved it into her mouth. Trajhin, damn you. Why’d you have to go and leave me behind? Thorn shook her head and sighed.

She was just about finished with her meal when a scent entered the room. Her lip curled when she turned to see a Terran waltz in with his two goons. Great. Just effin’ great. Just what I need. Thorn glared at the group that had entered as she had finished her meal. It was then that she noticed a scrawny girl between the Petra and Dracon. She studied her for a moment before tossing her fork down, gulping down her liquor, and paid for her food.

”Sorry, don’t speak prick,” she heard the girl snarl. Thorn looked up to see the spunky girl punch the Terran square in the nose. A smirk lit her lips. I like this girl. Thorn thought as she stood. Looks like things are going to get a bit too busy for my tastes. Time to go. The woman then walked to one of the back exits.

Last edited:
The two bodyguards scrambled to regain control over the girl as she began to lash out at them with punches and sweeping kicks, while the Terran slowly held his hand up to his jaw and rubbed it. Then, in a single moment while the girl was distracted, he brought his fist down at blinding speed straight down on top of her skull. She crumpled to her knees, holding her head. The girl didn’t have long to nurse her wound, however, as the Terran gripped her cheeks with one hand and brought her back to her feet.

All ya haf ta do, little girlie, is tell us wer da Chameleon is.” The other two brutes had been checking the places where the girl had punched and kicked at them, and now closed in, seemingly eager to pay back for managing to slip out of their grasps. She moved her mouth a bit, so the Terran readjusted his grip a bit lower.

I… don’t know. Last time I saw her was near the docks. She said she wanted to ‘scout’ some of the new arrivals out.” The Terran abruptly dropped the girl. He pointed two fingers to the door, and they began to move. Before they left, the Dracon couldn’t resist giving her one last kick in the stomach and spitting on her. She curled up into a ball.

They passed by Thorn on their way to the door. “Move aside, bitch.”

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back