The Sound of Silence

MDL

RIP Doctor Calgori (2012-2017)
21lo84i.png
The Waldorfs were once a powerful and influential American family. With their mining and farming empire, they were considered a major player in American finances and politics. Success began in the mid-19th century, when Gerald Waldorf made a couple of good investments in the Western Pacific Railroad Company. The family's success continued from there with huge wins in both coal mining and various kinds of farming. The Waldorf name soon became commonly known in the country and their success attracted attention from many high standing politicians. The Waldorf's decline began in the early 1950s with an accidental explosion in one of their coal mines which caused the mine caved in, killing over 200 miners. The scandal caused safety regulations to be more thoroughly enforced. Therefore the huge gaps in safety which plagued Waldorf operations were exposed and two additional mines were seized and closed. The then family head Jeremiah Waldorf and his brother Richard were charged and convicted with criminal offences and when Arthur Waldorf, one of the few members of a declining lineage, was to become the head of the family, it was already too late. Some additional bad investments were made and the family was left with nothing but the estate in Huntsfort, Nevada. There Arthur, his wife Erica, their two children Jeremiah and Sylvia and his brother Jacob retreated. But the family’s run of bad luck didn’t end there…

Reno Times

June 4th, 2001

Yesterday morning officers of the Huntsfort Sheriff’s Department found the bodies of Erica Waldorf and her brother-in-law Jacob Waldorf in the Swamps of the Huntsfort wetlands. The bodies were found near the family home on the outskirts of town. The Reno Police Department made a statement yesterday afternoon stating that the cause of death is yet to be established…

It was later discovered that the two had drowned in the swamp and that the deaths had been accidental. Four years later, both of Arthur’s children ran away, something which was made public knowledge through town gossip. Since then, not much is known about what goes on in the little house in the forest, where Arthur now lives. And no one knows what has become of the family's mansion, deeper into the dark Nevada woods.

You are a student studying journalism in Vegas and have been tasked with doing a story on the family’s history with a group of other students. But when you arrive you soon realize that there is much more to the Waldorfs than what is publicly known and there’s a lot more to Huntsfort, Nevada, than you could ever imagine. Get ready for a heart pounding thrill ride. A free form roleplay which will put your investigative mind to work. A classic thriller about greed, jealosy, tragedy and death. You will learn to fear, The Sound of Silence.

The Sound of Silence is a free form game which means there is absolutely no dice rolling involved. It is a collaborative storytelling effort where your writing affects the turn of events. This means you need to have some experience with writing and you need to be an individual who knows the basic grammar rules and whatnot of the president's English. I as the storyteller am looking for a small group of players, around four, more or less. It's also good to note that this is not a classic roleplay epic. It's a game with a beginning and an end. Think of it more as one adventure than a larger campaign. Lastly, if you join this game, don't leave it. Also, don't be a dick.

I hope you enjoy the game, would you choose to join. Cheers!

To start working on a character for the game please use the following sheet/skeleton:

Name:

Height and Weight:

Appearance: (You must include a written description, picture is optional)

Personality:

History:

Try to create interesting characters that have a rich history and try to stay true to your character's personality when posting. I know it's hard, I struggle with it. But let's all keep it in mind. No Mary Sues or Gary Stues will be acceptable. Your character might be asked to be improved upon in certain areas. Have fun!

A game with an ending in sight and promise of some detective work? Count Wolf in.

For all my time on RPdom (and Wayward Inn), I still haven't ever completed a roleplay. Storytellers usually closed them down, or on the rare occasion I gave up. So I'm looking forward to this.

This game has been approved!

Let us know when you have enough to proceed to the ST area :) !

Volk said:
A game with an ending in sight and promise of some detective work? Count Wolf in.
For all my time on RPdom (and Wayward Inn), I still haven't ever completed a roleplay. Storytellers usually closed them down, or on the rare occasion I gave up. So I'm looking forward to this.
And you're welcome to the game. It is good to have you![QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]This game has been approved!
Let us know when you have enough to proceed to the ST area :) !

[/QUOTE]Thank you milord.

[QUOTE="Doctor Frixz]I'll play! I love your games Medel

[/QUOTE]Swell news! Welcome to the game.

Hmmm....I am rather leery of freeform...and yet there's something about this storyline. Count me intrigued. What format will you be using for us to post characters?

Millershipper said:
Hmmm....I am rather leery of freeform...and yet there's something about this storyline. Count me intrigued. What format will you be using for us to post characters?
Will throw some kind of sheet up tonight. Never could be bothered with putting much time into them though.

Character sheet/skeleton is now available in the OP.

I do have enough players now, but I'll wait until Friday before proceeding because of greed.

[QUOTE="Lux___Wolf]I'm interested cos I want to complete a RP for once. Do we post our character sheets here?

[/QUOTE]There is no need to post your characters before the roleplay's forum is up and the character submission process has began. But whatever floats, ya know.

Ohh gotcha ^__^ don't mind me, I'll just hang on a wall somewhere close by... tapping my fingers together.

[QUOTE="Lux___Wolf]Ohh gotcha ^__^ don't mind me, I'll just hang on a wall somewhere close by... tapping my fingers together.

[/QUOTE]Nervously?

[QUOTE="Lux___Wolf]Strategically... ;)

[/QUOTE]I see...
Also to note is that this game will not be joinable once up. This is it lads and ladettes.

Alright. I need the people that have shown interest, whether you were sure of joining or not to simply answer yes or no on joining again so I know I have enough or not.

[QUOTE="Lux___Wolf]Yes!

[/QUOTE]dope[QUOTE="Doctor Frixz]Yes! Just working on a concept for a PC ._.

[/QUOTE]dope
And hopefully wolf and Miller will be dope

I'm not going to post a character sheet yet, but I'm thinking of playing an older student who's come back to school for his degree. He's a bit short with the younger set as he sees most of them as spurious, shallow and disconnected. He's gone into journalism to learn the techniques he'll need to do a story on his nephew's murder, which was never solved.

Millershipper said:
I'm not going to post a character sheet yet, but I'm thinking of playing an older student who's come back to school for his degree. He's a bit short with the younger set as he sees most of them as spurious, shallow and disconnected. He's gone into journalism to learn the techniques he'll need to do a story on his nephew's murder, which was never solved.
Interesting indeed. I look forward to reading more :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back