• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Solberg Estate - In Character

48901617006_1e0a3d94f7_m.jpg
Nathaniel De Asal

Cousin - Changeling - Malcontent

"If I couldn't have it all, why should they get to?"
--

With: [Otrygg, Raza, Nora, Rieka, Gideon, Azura, Raphael, Juniper]
Mood: [Incensed]

Nathaniel couldn't believe that little- His cheeks colored and he glared at Juniper, his body tensing up.

"Excuse me," he said. "You're not actually suggesting I go out and pick my own watercress, are you?"

Then Azura just had to butt in. Nathaniel rounded on her.

"Stay out of this, Azura!" he snarled. Rieka then added her own snide comment to the mix, but before he could retort that impossible St. Clair had walked in. Nathaniel took a moment to process his words.

The Tzar's daught- he didn't! he thought, scandalized. The color in his cheeks deepened as he turned his glare on the redhead. Gabriel, as usual, was impervious.

By that point, Nathaniel honestly didn't know who he was angrier with, but Raza made it really easy for him by flouncing into the room and shooting her mouth off.

"E-excuse me!" he exclaimed in shock as she handed him her bowl. "How dare you address me in such a fashion? Servants should know their place! Especially ones as disgraceful as you!"

OOC: Oh Nat, you've done it now xD

Last edited:
"That's enough, Nathaniel!"

Julius' voice rang through the smaller dining area, and the silver-haired lord stood at its entrance, one of his hands gripping the door tightly. Julius had decided to try and slip into the kitchen and grab something to eat before his siblings awoke, but obviously, that wasnt the case for them. His brow was uncharacteristically furrowed, and the dark circles around his eyes and the sunken face made him look extremely eerie. He closed the door roughly behind him and stepped over to his cousin, each movement like a predator stalking its prey. It was very unlike the usual carefree Julius, and his stare shot daggers into his younger cousins eyes as he stepped in front of him.

Julius had left the gravestone shortly after Terry left, after giving his parents a proper goodbye. The day was just starting, and he would need some form of energy to get through it. His siblings usually werent awake this early; seeing effectively everyone in here shocked him, to say the least. But what didnt shock him was the attitude of his younger cousin. Before, he would have bit his tongue and ignored his ramblings, as his Father was sure to reprimand him later for his behavior.

But he was gone now. Julius would have to show him his place, now. It made the man nervous; he never was quite good at being angry.

However, when it came to Nathaniel, it really wasnt that hard.

"I dont want to hear another word from that insolent mouth of yours! Not once, not even once, did you show the slightest hint of sympathy for anyone during your entire time squatting here! Even when our parents were taken from us, I didnt hear a single condolence from you!" Julius told him, his voice rising slightly as he continued, matching the crazed expression he now wore. "And yet you have the audacity to demand even more from my family!? To insult them and treat them like dirt!? Absolutely not! You are a plague upon us, you no-good, spoiled little brat! If I even hear a whisper of you demeaning the family one more time, I'll freeze you solid, lock you in an unmarked box, and mix you in with the dragon feed!" He finished, his eyes wide with anger and his body shaking. Some of the teacups had unknowingly animated, and were now cowering away from their creator in fear, moving slowly towards Azura like little puppies who had lost their mother.

Taking a few deep breaths, Julius let his hand slide back down his hair, and he cleared his throat awkwardly. He dared not meet the eyes of his siblings or family members after what he just said. There was a lot of anger and frustration that Julius had just released at once, and he immediately felt bad for doing it. His pride prevented him from apologizing, and he swiftly moved over to his position at the head of the table and grabbed the toast that went with his porridge before he quickly moved for the exit.

He stopped as he opened the door once more. "Otrygg....come see me in the study when you have a moment." He called out, then slowly walked into the halls before door creaked shut behind him, and the man disappeared from sight.

Mentions: Ayama Ayama Soviet Panda Soviet Panda

Azura was about to snap back at Nathaniel but was stopped by the sound of Julius' voice which caused her to almost leap from her skin. Turning her head to face down at where she assumed her bowl was, she bit her tongue. It was quite shocking for her to hear him so angry. This left her unsure of how to react other than to not provoke anything further. She opted to just stare silently at the table till she heard the eldest brother leave.
Just as she was about to try to eat her food she became aware of the sound of moving dishes coming in her direction. The light clattering of the tea cups made her freeze since she had no clue as to what they were or how to react.
"Um, not to disrupt any further," she hesitated to speak but continued, "but what's coming toward me?"

Otrygg stood in silence at the explosion of activity that happened as seemingly everyone came into the dinning hall. He kept a hold of his tongue when Nicholas spoke, and forced himself to remain expressionless as everyone else snapped at him. He knew the reason for this was because everyone's emotions were more than a little frayed because of the funeral. The changelings personality was simply an excuse for everyone to relieve some pent up emotions.

"That is quite alright, Master Julius, Master Asal has only just awoken and is hungry, everyone is in a bad mood when they're tired and hungry." Turning to Nicholas, he gave a slight bow before continuing. "I will return shortly with your breakfast, Master Asal. A french omelet with lobster and watercress, I will do my best to not burn the lobster as you have asked." And giving another bow, he turns around and leaves for the kitchen.

After some time had passed, he returned carrying a tray with the french omelet, lobster, and watercress as had been asked. "Do not worry, I did not pick the watercress from the garden pond." That was a lie, simply because watercress did not keep for long and could not be dried. Once setting Nicholas' breakfast down in front of him, he stepped behind him so as not to be seen, looks in Juniper's direction, and raises a finger to his lips. She would no doubt notice the some of the watercress from the garden missing, and now hopefully she wouldn't say anything.

"Teacups, Miss, those are teacups headed towards you. Now if you will excuse me, Master Julius wishes to speak with me." And with that, he handed Ellenora the now empty tray and excused himself from the dinning hall. Making his way towards the study, he passed by Terrance, who he gave a nod to. Otherwise, his journey to the study was uninterrupted and uneventful.

"You wished to see me, Master Julius?" Otrygg said, knocking softly on the wooden door to announce himself.
Midnight Paragon Midnight Paragon

Last edited:

Nathaniel De Asal

--

With: [No one yet]
Mood: [Traumatized]

"That's enough, Nathaniel!"

Nathaniel froze, hearing the unfamiliar infuriated voice. He turned slowly on the spot to see Julius framed in the doorway, looking uncharacteristically tall and menacing. He stalked towards him with determined steps and an unnerving glare, and Nathaniel felt himself becoming afraid- something he had never experienced inside this house.

"I don't want to hear another word from that insolent mouth of yours! Not once, not even once, did you show the slightest hint of sympathy for anyone during your entire time squatting here! Even when our parents were taken from us, I didn't hear a single condolence from you!" His voice and his expression were both thunderous, and Nathaniel cowered away from him.

"And yet you have the audacity to demand even more from my family!? To insult them and treat them like dirt!? Absolutely not! You are a plague upon us, you no-good, spoiled little brat! If I even hear a whisper of you demeaning the family one more time, I'll freeze you solid, lock you in an unmarked box, and mix you in with the dragon feed!"

Nathaniel had gone white as a sheet at this final pronouncement (a feat in itself, as he was already unnaturally pale). Julius was so angry he was actually shaking, and the teacups animated by his eruption were cowering in fear. Apparently finished with his outburst, however, he seemed to calm down, smoothing his hair back into place and clearing his throat uncomfortably. Not looking at anyone in the room, he swiftly grabbed his breakfast, pausing on his way out the door to make a simple request of Otrygg before disappearing from the room.

After he left, the silence stretched uncomfortably on, before the teacups made another attempt to find protection near Azura and she enquired about them to the room at large. As if a spell had been broken, the room seemed to let out a collective sigh and return to normal. As the others resumed eating and conversing, Nathaniel sat there, frozen in shock, heart thundering in his chest. Unable to stand being a second longer in this room and with these people, he stood abruptly and left without a word, striding out to the foyer and through the open front door.

Once outside, he considered where to go. The garden and the gazebo? The forest? Ultimately though, what he needed was something to distract him from what had just happened, and there was no better distraction than dragons. In spite of Julius' recent threat, he'd always loved these majestic animals, and got along well with James (who, granted, did better with them than with most people anyway). He headed straight for the enclosure, knocking on the door when he arrived and hoping there was a task that he could help with to take his mind off of what had just occurred.

OOC: Bahaha, he's totally in shock xD

Last edited:
"I can't say I've been directly involved," Ellenora admitted to Otrygg somewhat sheepishly. "But I do still apologise. Rest assured," she smiled and patted him on the shoulder, "I'll stay out of your beard." Her mood had improved significantly now that she was in the presence of friends. She welcomed Gideon with a subtle curtsy, and in a flourish, swept over to the dining table to pull out his chair for him. "I trust you'll let me know if there is anything else you need?" Ellenora said, more to the ensemble at the table than to Gideon, who seemed completely satisfied with his meal. As she circled the perimeter, checking her and Otrygg's handiwork, she paused next to Azura and briefly placed a hand on her shoulder. "Good morning, dear," she said fondly. It was hard not to love Azura Solberg, especially given how often Ellenora saw her, sharing her safe space in the garden. She'd taken to encouraging the birds to sing closer to Azura when they could, so she would hear their melodies clearer. When she went to town, she made sure to request the most sweet-smelling blossoms from the florist. She had instructed Rieka (perhaps she'd stepped out of her place on that one) to build a perimeter around the garden pond so she'd never slip and fall in. The resulting barrier was simple, a ring of riverbed stones, but it'd worked thus far.

Miss Juniper piped up, obviously with peaceful intent, but Ellenora cringed in suspense. Their relationship was particularly tense - anything June said was enough to trigger Nathaniel because he seemed to want the confrontation. It was a matter of time now.

There was simply no room to think: Ellenora clasped her hands together, desperate to stomp out the fire before it began to billow, "yes, I do recall the sight of watercress by the pond this morning. Miss Juniper, would you like to come with me to gather it?", when Nathaniel again opened his infernal mouth, her words now just a shadow behind his voice. She failed to respond in time, 'no, of course not' balanced on her tongue, before Raza reappeared, clearly enraged with his behavior. She began to shout. Intimidated, Ellenora stepped out of the blast zone, certain the situation would further escalate. Nathaniel would take advantage of his status over Raza as much as he could - and the thought of that alone made Ellenora's blood boil. She knew Raza would hardly appreciate it, either. He played dirty like that - treating servants like ... servants. She felt that was more dishonorable than arguing in the first place. But she seemed to take his side in this, despite how she felt, "now, Raza ... you must not say such things," still compliant of the family hierarchy she claimed to oppose.

Ellenora trembled with anger, but she kept silent, fists tangled in her skirt. In that instant, Julius Solberg threw open the door, the first she'd seen of him in days, looking ten times as distraught as she'd imagined. It stung her like a thousand wasps; concern fell over her expression in waves, deepening with every passing second. His call deafened the sounds of the dining hall, leaving nervous silence in its wake. Ellenora was startled by his tone - she stumbled back. He passed her in a hurry; she reached out but couldn't catch him. "Julius," she tried quietly. Her voice shook. She had never seen him like this, and she never wanted to see it again. Too much had changed. They all needed the world to return to normal. They needed Lily and William. This household was terrified without them.

As he spoke, Ellenora watched Nathaniel's demeanor change. She felt horrible for him. Yes, sure, Nathaniel is an absolute brat, but he's still a member of the family, and he had twice now been wrongfully threatened. Maybe he needed a real wake-up call, but not like this. If anything were to come out of the conflict, she hoped it would be any measure of clarity. Ellenora stood by, frozen in place, as Julius darted past her as abruptly as he'd entered. Otrygg bowed out on the Lord's request, graceful as ever, leaving her anxious in his absence. As was far too common in the past few weeks, Ellenora had no clue what to do. She clutched the tray, white-knuckled, until the sound of dishware clattering broke her stupor. "Yes, yes, only teacups, Miss Azura," she frantically gathered the runaway cups and set them on the empty tray. "I think they'd gone to you for comfort." Another quick spell banished the now cluttered tray to the kitchen along with Nathaniel's abandoned meal. She rattled through a sigh. So much for breakfast.

// sorry for this ultra-rambly post ^^;

mentions / interactions: Soviet Panda Soviet Panda Simple_Traveler Simple_Traveler ArchAngelLexi ArchAngelLexi Ayama Ayama D U H D U H Midnight Paragon Midnight Paragon

Last edited:
James

James whistled a jolly tune as he walked down the path a bucket it one hand, with multiple wooden brushes poking out of it. He'd stopped back by his cabin and had decided the dragons could do with a little tooth brushing. A dragon with a toothache was not fun to deal with. He stopped and noticed someone was standing in front of the door to Midas and Mars's enclosure. After a bit more walking he realized it was Nathaniel. James found that odd, usually this early the Solbergs and all the other people who didn't have three superpredators and Minerva under their watch would be in the dining hall having breakfast.

James put two and two together quite quickly. He knew Nathaniel, and usually didn't have problems with him but James realized he had a tendency to run his mouth a bit. The only question was who he'd badmouthed this time. James decided that was a bit rude, and walked over to the enclosure. "Good morning, what brings you here so early" he called out. In front of Nathaniel the door shook a little as if in response to his knock. James was pretty sure it was Midas, trying to get someone to let him out. Not happening.

Ayama Ayama

Nathaniel De Asal

--

With: [James]
Mood: [Miserable]

Nathaniel heard a familiar whistling, and he turned to see James walking towards him, bucket in hand. Nathaniel could tell that James seemed to want to ask something but think better of it, for which he was grateful. It was this aspect of his personality that made James someone he enjoyed being around- he didn't pry. He simply walked over and said

"Good morning- what brings you here so early?"

At the sound of James' voice, the door to the enclosure shook a little. The dragons didn't really like being cooped up like this- Nathaniel knew that much. He'd often wished they could be let out, allowed to freely roam the forest and the grounds, but there were too many concerns on that front (explained to him by Julius multiple times): danger to the family, danger to their guests, danger to any mundane neighbors or livestock, danger to the forest, danger to the estate... The list went on, and the bottom line was always that they could only stay if they were locked up. The door shook again and Nathaniel heaved a sigh.

I know how you feel... he thought.

He then noticed that James was still standing there waiting for an answer, so he fished around for one.

"I, uh, wanted to come help with, uh, whatever you're doing right now," he said, completely unconvincingly, hoping that James wouldn't press him for the reason.

OOC: Bahaha, dragons loose on the grounds ;P

Last edited:

48928169088_feb1c7c7bc_m.jpg
Rieka Audrei Nimith

Butler - Therianthrope - Polytech

"Few things in life are more rewarding than performing a task with recognizable skill."
48928169088_feb1c7c7bc_m.jpg
--

With: [No one yet]
Mood: [In her element]

Rieka rolled her eyes at Gabriel's statement.

Shogun's daughter or not, she was still a tramp, she thought.

She raised an eyebrow at Briar wolfing down her food and quickly leaving the room- that wasn't like her. A distraction arrived when Raza walked in and began berating Nathaniel, however, and Rieka winced. Well-intentioned though she might be, the witch was always too loud for the therianthrope's sensitive ears, and she could practically feel the effect her words were having on the already troubled teenager.

Predictably, Nathaniel reacted by lashing out. Not-so-predictably, Julius put him in his place. A little overdone, in Rieka's opinion, but maybe it would do Nathaniel some good. Though she suspected what he needed didn't lie in harsh words or reprimands, but kept the thought to herself. Truth be told, she was more concerned about Julius. Clearly affected by his loss, the strain was starting to tell, and she was beginning to worry about him.

Julius grabbed his breakfast and left the room, followed by Nathaniel, then Otrygg. Ellanora tried to take control of the situation, as the teacups Julius had animated were still bothering Azura. Rieka took one more look around the room, decided those present were all right without her assistance, and went back to the kitchen to get some food of her own.

Selecting a small assortment of items requiring no preparation, she headed outside. Wandering over to the forest, she sat under a tree and ate the meats, fruit and bread she'd gotten, reflecting on the state of the family. Julius, Gideon, and Briar, she felt, had been most strongly affected by their parents' deaths, and she worried about what this would do to them and what consequences it might have. They had enough support in the current estate staff, but she hoped the siblings might find ways to support each other as well, for right now each was grieving alone.

She sighed and looked up at the sky through the tree branches, remembering her own father's passing. He'd been kind, and wise, and more comforting than she. At that moment, she wished he were here to help. Shaking her head away from the impossible thought, she rose once more and headed back towards the manor. She dropped off the remains of her meal in the kitchen before going back to her room and putting on her boilersuit. She didn't know what had happened this time (though she suspected Raza might be at fault), but the car was having problems again, and she had the morning to try to fix it.

When she reached the garage and pushed open the door, she smiled.

What a gorgeous piece of machinery, she thought as she approached the metal beast, face set in resolve and tools in hand.

OOC: Time to get to work~

Last edited:

Briar Solberg
Briar’s breath caught when she heard the knock. She didn’t want to answer it because then she would get in trouble for another one of her shenanigans. She took a deep breath and swallowed down her pride. As she reached for the door knob, memories of all the trouble she had gotten in in the past for using her powers flashed through her mind. Before she could go back on her decision, she turned the knob and opened the door. “I tried to magic the fairy godmother out of the book to bring my parents back but then I got turned into a footman and now I think I might need help getting turned back to myself,” she rushed her explanation out, usually, it was unlike her to ask for help with a magical mishap but this time, she knew she would need someone else’s help.

no slide

[ location: bedroom | tags: fin fin ]

Last edited:
cff965f8ddc9dd8cdf03e9a58c2fba11.jpg

Terrance Armstrong
Terrance grew impatient at how long it was taking Briar to exit the room. All her past shenanigans crossed through his mind, shenanigans he'd always tried to help her fix before the Solberg parents could find out. He shuddered at the thought, they were gone, but giving Briar a hand could be a good deed in their memory, he thought. He was bringing his hand down on the door, when it opened in front of him, knocking only air and space. Instead of the high-pitched teen's regular voice, and aged man's voice spoke through the room. His first thought was: this man had broken in, and those earlier screams were Briars. Instinctively, he took a step back to create space between the two of them, and in his right hand, light hardened in a bright flash, and a pulsing yellow frisbee appeared in his hand. The air grew hotter because of it, but Terry would't attack yet. The man, or so he thought, was talking; Yet the vocal pattern of the man was very like Briar, as well as the conundrum the man had mentioned. It was Briar, alright.

Terry exhaled an exasperated sigh. The halo vanished from his hand, and the temperature reverted back to normal. He looked down at her tuxedo footman outfit, much like his own, and smirked as he took it all in. Terry then let out a huge laugh, holding his stomach to keep him from falling over before nodding and trying to catch a breath. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry." He spoke over the laugh, before pushing the man (Briar) back into the bedroom. "Take a seat and recap again. I really couldn't pay attention with how hilarious it was." He admitted, a smile cracking through his teeth as if he'd burst out laughing any second now.

(Briar fei fei )

48928169888_a57978e7e4_m.jpg
Raphael Azure Solberg

Brother - Summoner - Crossdresser

"Sorcerers subvert the natural order- it's who we are."
48928706976_413c7f55ae_m.jpg
--

With: [M]
Mood: [Concentrating]

Raphael watched as Briar wolfed down her breakfast and hastily left the dining room (clearly, she was up to something). He watched as Rieka, as usual, gave her candid and unfiltered assessment of Gabriel's company and as Gabriel walked in and responded. He watched as first Azura, then Raza berated Nathaniel for his attitude, and the changeling's response. He watched with some surprise as Julius exploded with fury, making Nathaniel practically cower in his seat. Then his brother, the cook and the changeling all left the room in turn.

Raphael paused to consider these developments, ignoring the animated teacups currently attempting to cower by his sister as Nora started to clean up. He ate a little more slowly, then shook himself, finished his bowl, and stood to leave.

Now, to business, he thought to himself as he departed. Today's proposed summoning was that of a Lazarus demon, and he would need silence in order to concentrate. Lazarus demons were powerful and difficult to deal with, and if anything went wrong the consequences could be quite severe.

He climbed the three flights of stairs leading to his attic room and pushed open the door. Bright sunlight filtered in through the rounded window onto the summoning circle drawn on the floor. Raphael closed and locked the door behind him, then proceeded to inspect his summoning circle, checking for errors or scratches and referencing his symbols in the grimoire. When he was satisfied, he sat himself cross-legged inside the heart of the pentacle and instructed his contracted demon to ensure nothing bothered him.

The curtains now drawn, the room in darkness save for flickering candlelight, the boy closed his eyes and softly began to chant.

OOC: This kid, I tell you...

Last edited:
James

James listened to Nathaniel explaining why he was at the dragon pens so early and nodded. To be quite honest this worked out fine, James was always happy to have a bit of help and the dragons were used to Nathaniel so he answered. "Well I was about to get started on a bit of tooth brushing with these two. If you wanna help with that it'd be great". James grabbed one of the brushes out of the bucket, it was large. The brushes James used to brush dragon teeth were big enough to pass for horse brushes and though they might look coarse they worked wonders for scraping fish scales and fruit residue off of the great reptile's fangs. Assuming Nathaniel took the brush James reached forward and with a bit of effort pushed the door open revealing the triangular head of Midas. The golden dragon pushed his neck out the door taking a few sniffs at both men and the bucket before James gave a simple command of "back".

Begrudgingly Midas slithered his neck back into the enclosure and stood back as if politely watching them. As always the golden dragon's eyes scanned the humans to try and discern whether or not they had anything on them he deemed worth swiping. The blue curled up shape of Mars was seen nearby having an early morning snooze even though he'd just woken up. Mars lifted his skinny neck and yawned widely showing a mouthful of serrated teeth. After they were both inside James would close the gate so Midas wouldn't be able to sneak out. "I'll take care of Midas and you can do Mars, unless you'd like to trade doesn't make a huge difference to me so long as they both get their teeth brushed. If that brush gets too nasty just rinse it out in the bucket that's what I brought it for" James advised.
Ayama Ayama

Briar Solberg

Briar glared at Terrance. She couldn't tell if he was laughing at her ridiculous pot belly or minuscule height but either way, it only heightened her discomfort in her new body. "I miss my mother and father and I couldn't let go of my grief," some of the weight of her unhappiness peeled away as she made the admission, "the only way I could think of to cure my grief was to get them back in some shape or form and I decided that I would summon the Fairy Godmother from Cinderella and get her to grant my wish which was to give me my parents back. I read the page where the Fairy Godmother spelled the objects in Cinderella's garden into things for the ball. Unfortunately, instead of reading the godmother out, I read myself in and the fairy inadvertently transformed me into a footman because I happened to be in the garden. After that, I decided to come back out and ask for help," Briar's head drooped with shame. Because of her rash decision, the plot of her precious talisman that her parents gifted to her might have permanently changed.
/coded by allure/

[ location: bedroom || tags: fin fin ]
sorry for the slow reply :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back