The Sojourn for Starmetal

"Huh? Sn--" Shura cut off his own sentence with a sigh. He knew Snow was about to panic again. Scratching his head, he turned to Gygax, sighing again. "Sorry, she's just a bit... shy and weird around new people. Don't worry..." he smiles and then looked in Snow's direction again. He then cracked his Neck and stretches. "Well..." Honestly, Shura didn't knew what to talk about. He was still a bit frozen when it comes to social interaction. The only person he can talk to without a problem is Snow.

@CoreyXIX

(It's fine, no biggie lol)

It was something to wonder about when Snow had that panicking moment and backed off to elsewhere. Shura was probably right about her being shy and weird with newcomers. Poor girl, Gygax felt a bit sorry for her. She would likely be back though. He leans back on the railing of the airship. It seemed after that both he and Shura were at a bit of a loss for conversation. "On the bright side, at least you're getting that trip to distant place she wants." he finally says after a moment or two of that awkward silence. "Hope neither of you mind the cold though."

(It's fine, no biggie lol)

It was something to wonder about when Snow had that panicking moment and backed off to elsewhere. Shura was probably right about her being shy and weird with newcomers. Poor girl, Gygax felt a bit sorry for her. She would likely be back though. He leans back on the railing of the airship. It seemed after that both he and Shura were at a bit of a loss for conversation. "On the bright side, at least you're getting that trip to distant place she wants." he finally says after a moment or two of that awkward silence. "Hope neither of you mind the cold though."

Shura smiles and sighs. "Yeah... guess you're right..." he said and scratches iis head. "Don't worry... I don't mind the cold... and if she minds, I'll take care of that..." he laughed a bit.

((Sorry, don't know what to write =_=))

Mindfang stood from her desk, towering at her full 6'5" (with her three inch heels on).  The captain walked around her desk in precise motions, twirling the coin from before in her hand. She approached Julius and held out her hand, expecting the coin purse. "I suppose my introductions will be in order soon enough. I prefer not to repeat myself. Once everyone is on board, I will announce myself, and we will be on our way." 

Mindfang smiled, tipping her hat. "Flying the safe skies." She said, then walked out of her cabin and onto the deck of the ship. She noticed numerous people bustling around. It would be nice to get her ship into the air again, feel the wind brushing against her and the ship, being one with the vessel again. It had been a while since she helped questgoers, and though it would be nothing new, it would be a change from her recent jobs. 

Mindfang approached the wheel, observing the sky ports and clear skies, among other things. 

@CoreyXIX

Last edited by a moderator:
When the small noise had started, it sounded more like a chorus. But it got closer and louder it reminded Gygax more of a talented chorus doing warm-up exercises. While it wasn't very unpleasant there was still the knowledge that their best had yet to be done! But wait, there was no singing group on this deck. As he looked around with a mix of curiosity and strangeness the only newcomers he saw were the frail girl and her friend. But they weren't singing at all. He wasn't very sure what to make of it other than either him not noticing everybody that had come on board or some magic afoot. "Excuse me, but did a group of singer come on board the ship recently?" he asks Snow and Shura.

@Jennete @Kuroshi

R

"Well, I'm happy to hear you're worth the payment." Julius says to the arrogant captain, keeping any thoughts on this to himself for the time being. "Now if a certain someone." he glances to Yuuki with a smile that was both one acknowledging her humor yet politely requesting she stopped this time. "Would hand my coin purse back, your money would be here and our trip begun in earnest!"

@Strange_Encounters @Galaxy's Silver Lining

Yuuki made a face and sighed handing over the large coin purse to her friend. She crossed her arms and stared at him for a moment before sticking her tongue out at him childishly. She supposed she'd have to wait to poke fun at her old friend a bit later, he was dealing with grown up matters and that type of stuff she preferred to stay away from. "When your finished paying the captain and such, meet me at the bow of the ship. I'd like to catch up with you." She gave a warm smile and bowed her head to both Julius and the captain, before she walked to the bow.

Julius took the coin purse back from his elven companion. Not a moment too son either. "Here you go, as requested Cap'n!" Julius says with a cheeky smile while he tosses her the coin purse. Looks like they were finally going to be getting things underway soon! He couldn't wait! The excitement! The travel! The awful, awful feeling of the possibility of them dying if the ship malfunctions! Today this mere human merchant would join the mahy others that could claim the mantle of adventurer! Of course, "traveling merchant" wasn't very different from adventuring, just supposed to be safer that was all. He had to keep his jubilation at such a thing grounded for a moment when he remembered that Yuuki would be waiting to chitchat with him down at the bow when the time came. "Well, I should leave the expert to her ship, so if you'll excuse me." Julius says while departing from the captain to head down to the ship's bow. How long had it been since Yuuki and he last met? He couldn't even remember. Space and time always seemed to obscure the minds of the shortest-lived first!

@Galaxy's Silver Lining @Strange_Encounters

Alluria stepped onto the ship with Yuuki in dark garments of leather and cloth. A spell book hanging off her hip secured and right where she'd need it should danger arise. Her bright eyes shimmering in the early morning light as she watched the birds flying high around the skyport. She had served on ships as her time as a soldier and being on a flying ship amazed her! It was just the sort of thing her and Beloved Yuuki enjoyed seeing and doing and thus they wound their way here signing up for this journey. It was great seeing her Yuuki again and even greater to finally travel with her on a grand adventure like when they first met in an abandoned manner so long ago. Smiling at Yuuki as she excused herself when she saw a friend she nodded as she saw a familiar face talking to two others as well. "Alright sweetheart, I'll be over there...I see a face I know as well." She said, smiling as she walked toward Gygax from behind and beamed a sweet smile his way as she would recognize that armor anywhere. "Why hello again Ser Gygax.....I didn't expect to find you on this ship. Though I'm not surprised. Who are your companions?" She asked curiously, looking to Snow and Shura. 

Alluria1.jpg

@Strange_Encounters @CoreyXIX @Jennete @Kuroshi

Stepping up onto the deck from below a seemingly young woman with a slim yet curvaceous form walked across the deck toward the captain. Her crimson eyes darting about at the crew for the supposed journey they were hired to set out for. They had been preparing all night and the woman was slightly irritable as she had just finished the repairs on the ship to make her sky worthy again. Stepping behind the captain at the wheel She folded her arms just under her breasts as she looked at Mindfang's behind and chewed on her lip. "She's all ship shape Captain....do try not to wreck her on this journey of ours will ya? Just patched the old girl up and these seem like nice enough folk....hate to see em plummet to their deaths because you were showing off." She said, making an obvious jibb and tease to the captain as she watched the crew assembling and wandering about the ship. If any went into her engineering hold someone was getting hit with a hammer...or wrench...or whatever she could find really. 

Aurellia.jpg

@Galaxy's Silver Lining

As he heard the greeting he turned to see who was addressing him with that old, familiar title. It was a nice surprise to see the swordswoman once again! The awkwardness of Gygax's meeting with This interruption of their awkward conversation came at the best of times! Interrupted was a harsh and unnecessary way of putting it though, seeing as the other person approaching was indeed someone he was familiar with. "We meet again, Miss Alluria! Hello." Gygax says with a happy and familiar smile to his companion. It seemed this trip would be beside a familiar face or two once again. Not that he would ever complain of such a thing since a lot of his work had him generally operating by himself. "The man is Shura, while the lady is Snow." Gygax replies to Alluria, letting Snow's panic attack go for the attention of someone far better with her than he was. "I'm going to guess Julius roped you into this expedition of his as well?" he asks. It was pretty likely since she had skill and magic to spare, but some conversation wouldn't hurt right now to maybe diffuse a little of the tension.

@Shadows.Whisper

Snow: She nodded at the woman as she walked off and into the ship. She made her path away from the people, seeking the quiet she longed for. Let Shura handle the people upstairs. Her blood needed a chance to calm down. Making her way into the cargo bay she looked around, biting her lip softly. Her blood began to hum again to Snow's dismay. Who could possibly be down here to excite her song?

@Kuroshi@CoreyXIX@Shadows.Whisper@Fuzz

Snow: She nodded at the woman as she walked off and into the ship. She made her path away from the people, seeking the quiet she longed for. Let Shura handle the people upstairs. Her blood needed a chance to calm down. Making her way into the cargo bay she looked around, biting her lip softly. Her blood began to hum again to Snow's dismay. Who could possibly be down here to excite her song?

@Kuroshi@CoreyXIX@Shadows.Whisper@Fuzz

The hum began very slightly for pavel, due to the hilt blocking out any unwanted sounds. "Who else is down here with me?" His ring was off and his full vampiric features shown, all of his scars-half of his face , and his left hand almost seemed as if it looked newer that his right..."And dont try to lie to me, I sense you, now show your self. I dont bite..." he opened his eyes and scanned the room "...anymore..." he said this under his breath. 

@Jennete

Yuuki was busy balancing on the railing right to the side of the bow, she listened to the others converse and saw that her beloved did indeed know someone. The man in question seemed a tad out of place, but seemed to be quite the gentleman and it also seemed that Alluria had saved him from an awkward situation. Laughing to herself, she looked out to the sky's, this ship was suppose to fly, which was one of the reasons she was so drawn to this quest. She also wanted to spend much needed time together with Alluria, it had been a couple months since they last saw each other and she was happy to have this time with her. Smiling, she lookedover her shoulder and saw Julius approaching her. She squatted down and waved at him happily, she was quite fond of her old merchant friend, even though it had been some time since last seeing him, she still thought of him as a wonderful and honest friend nonetheless. After he had reached her she smile big. "You best hope you get a butt load of this starmetal after dropping that amount of coin. Do I need to buy some stuff of yours to help you out?" She teased as she took out her coin purse and jiggled it in front of him. "Actually I might need some stuff..." She rubbed her neck sheepishly before continuing. "I mean it has been some time since we last saw each other, so it would be nice to watch you work your magic on some of those awesome potions and elixers you make." She chuckled and took a seat on the railing while kicking her short legs about. @CoreyXIX

The hum began very slightly for pavel, due to the hilt blocking out any unwanted sounds. "Who else is down here with me?" His ring was off and his full vampiric features shown, all of his scars-half of his face , and his left hand almost seemed as if it looked newer that his right..."And dont try to lie to me, I sense you, now show your self. I dont bite..." he opened his eyes and scanned the room "...anymore..." he said this under his breath. 

@Jennete

Snow: She walked around the corner, her eyes on Pavel. Fear gripped her heart. Not from his appearance but of who he was. The one who chased her with a spear. Her blood sung louder in fear as well and she took a step back. "Do you also not try to chase strangers down the streets and rip out their hair with your spear?" She called out bitterly, a sense of strength overtaking her shaky knees.

"Darn near any amount of Starmetal would make this trip worth our while. In the unlikely event it doesn't respond to alchemical treatment I could make a fortune just selling it as raw material!" he replies. There wasn't much of a supply of the stuff so he could could practically set the market price to whatever he pleased! Her sheepish comments about actually needing to buy some stuff elicited an amused laugh from Julius as he finally made his way over to her. "Well, I still have wares to sell as always." he says with a smile. "I made stuff ahead of time so I could make some sales while we travel. The sooner I start recouping my expenses the better I'll be." At least he hoped so. It would take him a long time to make back what he lost purely by selling his stuff like he used to do. Who knows, maybe he would make a few sales on the ship too as odd as the thought was to him. He made a mental note to sell cheaper for people on the ship for the duration of the journey. The human leans over on the railing. "You can watch me at the workbench all you want for now. I'm glad you came along for this." It was nice to have at least one familiar face in this party. Even if he was a decent salesman that knew how to keep a smile and chipper attitude there was still a feeling of warmth and familiarity of traveling with a friend. "Just let me know what you need and I can get you squared away on it."

@Strange_Encounters

He stood up, towering over her.. "I try not to." He turned to face her. "Also, dont talk to me in that manner, it was your song that caused a spear to be thrown at you at great speed. The hilt on the ground is blocking out most of your song." The hilt was still on the ground, near him. ( if you do try to go for it, just know when she touches it will burn alot.) 

@Jennete

1 hour ago, Fuzz said:

He stood up, towering over her.. "I try not to." He turned to face her. "Also, dont talk to me in that manner, it was your song that caused a spear to be thrown at you at great speed. The hilt on the ground is blocking out most of your song." The hilt was still on the ground, near him. ( if you do try to go for it, just know when she touches it will burn alot.) 

@Jennete

Snow: "You broke my ankle. I will talk to you how I please." She said back, her eyes meeting his without giving into his dominance. Her heart pounded in nerves but she was highly annoyed that he blamed her for his actions. "I can't help my song... What would you have done if you had caught me?" She looked up, really having to look up for how he towered her. But even if she was small and frail, and even if she looked like a harsh wind would blow her over, she would stand up if she felt she was being pushed over. "My song did not pick up your spear and toss it. You did that. I will apologize for my tone when you apologize for almost killing me."

(She won't touch it but she'll get all little dog syndrome on him. You know the little dogs that bark at the great big dogs like they're tough shit haha))

Shura was watching the whole scene in the cargo bay. He was watching Pavel and Snow and smiled at Snow not giving in to his dominance. He was proud. People may wonder how he get away from the other people. Simple. Completely hiding his presence and being quite. That's not a magical ability. That's an ability you have to have as an Assassin and that nature gives you when you're a Fox. However, he kept watching the scene, waiting for something to happen. One wrong move and you'd see Shura cutting off Pavel's arms... with his claws. But he believed in Snow's power to talk... even if he doesn't know Snow's talking power. He also believed in Pavel's Intelligence, not being so dumb and challenging an almost Ancient being.

@Fuzz @Jennete

He looked down at her. "I will not apologize for what I did, you healed very fast. But you have no idea what I have been through..." his eyes scaned the once room... they seemed to glow in the low light, he sensed one more being. "Child, I shall tell you something I have not told anyone in 300 years, I have witnessed the fall of and rise of empires, angels fall, demons rise... but for I am the reason  one of the most powerful vampire councils are not aound today, I have been through more in one day, then you have been through your entire life." He looked on the ground and stuck his foot under the golden hilt, sending it flying toward the roof, then proceeding to catch it.

(He may have slight PTSD)

@Jennete @Kuroshi

21 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

He looked down at her. "I will not apologize for what I did, you healed very fast. But you have no idea what I have been through..." his eyes scaned the once room... they seemed to glow in the low light, he sensed one more being. "Child, I shall tell you something I have not told anyone in 300 years, I have witnessed the fall of and rise of empires, angels fall, demons rise... but for I am the reason  one of the most powerful vampire councils are not aound today, I have been through more in one day, then you have been through your entire life." He looked on the ground and stuck his foot under the golden hilt, sending it flying toward the roof, then proceeding to catch it.

(He may have slight PTSD)

@Jennete @Kuroshi

Snow: She flinched as he sent the hilt flying but she didn't care. How dare he assume what her life had been like. "You can't even begin to imagine what I have been through. I am not a Child. I had that ripped from me by brutes like you who won't own up to their actions." She shoved her finger in his chest on her last line and turned on her heel, walking away from him. Her hands were in fists and her blood sung out loud and agitated. She exited the Cargo bay, not sensing that Shura was near her.

@Kuroshi

He watched as she walked away, and before she exited he spoke. "If only you had a clue. You didnt have to go to war, you weren't forced to murder your own brother, you werent forced to murder thousands of innocent soldiers that were only defending their way of life, then have to turn on your freinds and kill them, just to get revenge. 'Oh but nothing is worse then having childhood pryed from you...' " flashbacks flooded his mind, he looked for something to smash, everything about his eyes were blood red at this point. But his rage was short lived as he began to calm down. He returned to the spot he was originally sitting, and resumed his meditation.

@Jennete @Kuroshi

Shura looks serious. Watching the Conversation didn't make him much more surprised of Pavel, but also Snow somehow slightly dissapointed him. He walked to her, still suppressing his presence and very silent before suddenly letting out a tone. "Hey..." Shura sounded as serious as he looked, looking down on Snow. You can tell if he's angry, but he apparently just was serious. "So... had a nice talk with Mr. Killer Spear?" Shura asked, slightly sarcastic.

@Jennete

Shura looks serious. Watching the Conversation didn't make him much more surprised of Pavel, but also Snow somehow slightly dissapointed him. He walked to her, still suppressing his presence and very silent before suddenly letting out a tone. "Hey..." Shura sounded as serious as he looked, looking down on Snow. You can tell if he's angry, but he apparently just was serious. "So... had a nice talk with Mr. Killer Spear?" Shura asked, slightly sarcastic.

@Jennete

Snow: She jumped, surprised by his appearance. "Oh... um.. yea. You know, he said it was me. I said it was him. He tried to child me. I got angry and yelled and left so good talk." She said sarcastically, rubbing her head. "He irks me. I'm officially irked." She looked at Shura and noted his sarcastic tone and serious look. "Why Shura? Did I offend you too with my childishness?" She spat out the word, her eyes flashing blood red. "Why even ask me about it... you saw everything." She whispered and walked to the edge of the ship, looking out at the ocean.

Shura sighed and pinched Snow's cheek, sighing again and then letting go of her. "You know that everything could have happened... you idiot..." he said and patted Snow's head again with a worried smile. No matter how much Snow hates it, Shura loves it to Pat her head. He kept patting her, still having a worried smile.

@Jennete

34 minutes ago, Kuroshi said:

Shura sighed and pinched Snow's cheek, sighing again and then letting go of her. "You know that everything could have happened... you idiot..." he said and patted Snow's head again with a worried smile. No matter how much Snow hates it, Shura loves it to Pat her head. He kept patting her, still having a worried smile.

@Jennete

Snow: "I am not an idiot." She whispered softly, pushing against him with her shoulder. She rolled her eyes as he patted her head... but the action was almost endearing coming from him. She looked up at his worried smile and brushed her head against his shoulder, leaning into him before pulling away and into herself again. "I'm sorry I worried you." 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back