The Sojourn for Starmetal

CoreyXIX

BA Freakin' Overlord
He here was and here they were. After that little while where he and Charlie had started their planning for it all seem to go so fast. They were lucky that the ship which Julius and his wagon were firmly on had been able to be negotiated for services otherwise this trip with all these people would have been oh so dreadful to figure out logistics for. Sure, more than a few of these claimed to be mercenaries of some kind or another and knew their organizational skills  but it wouldn't have made this trip any easier on foot. The airship was definitely a thing of beauty in how it worked and was a sign of mind over matter to the magical alchemist!

As Julius pored over the map he bought he was thinking on some of the best routes to land where they were going. Many other notes and scribbling could be seen in the margins and on the drawn continents themselves. Old routes and works were the reasons behind the markings, signs of past successes and failures along with places he would wish to return to when the time was right. In fresh ink was a spot way in the northeast from where they were now. The prospect of getting his hands on this Starmetal excited him both as a mage and a craftsman. He would be the first in his family to even handle the stuff, let alone work with it. Stories and rumors had been afloat for practically ever about the properties those magic rocks brought with them when they streaked through the sky in a fiery ball and crashed headlong into the ground. Julius look over to armored man next to him examining the map. He seemed more interested in the map itself than anything he had written on it. "So, you said you're familiar with some of the properties regarding our Grand Prize, right?" he asks with a hopeful smile.

"Indeed, I am somewhat knowledgeable in what you call 'Starmetal', Mister Redgrave." Gygax replied. Among his own people the material had another name, although he was aware of the translation to the common tongue was. "Rumors run rampant of its power but I can assure from firsthand experience that it will be worth the time if you retrieve a large enough chunk." Gygax wasn't going to say much more about it unless asked. While many powerful beings seemed to absolutely enjoy flaunting themselves the Time Dragon took a more restrained approach to how he did things, even to the point of trying to keep a lot of obvious hints to who he really was out of focus. 

Truth be told, Julius really wasn't 100% sure on Gygax. He seemed to show up almost suddenly and requesting to join their expedition. The man seemed more or less only slightly interested in the material itself. But he had shown he knew some things about it and seemed honorable enough to let on. "Excellent! And please, Julius will do." he says as he flashes Gygax that warming smile he gave to so many others in his time. The reply gets a small, quick chuckle from Gygax. "Fair enough, Julius. Just call on me if you need anything before we get to our destination." he says before walking off to another area of the ship he would be allowed to. Could this thing really take to the air? Gygax never would have thought the mortals would have a way to take to the skies without the aid of spells!

When he left Julius goes back to his map, his finger tracing over possible routes and trying to calculate the dangers they would have to anticipate. Luckily calculations for funds for this journey had already been dealt with, as his poor, worn out abacus on his wagon could testify too.

@Galaxy's Silver Lining @Strange_Encounters @Jennete @Kuroshi @The Fabulous Emerald @Fuzz @Shadows.Whisper @everyone else interested

Last edited by a moderator:
Pavel sat in the cargo hold, meditating. He doesnt need to sleep, just somewhere quiet to meditate. He sat with his staff on his lap, and the golden hilt infront of him. The hilt seemed to be blocking out it any unwanted noises. He sat and waited to arrive. 

Mindfang sat in her captains quarters, twirling penny in between her fingers. In the darkness, the dim sunlight that streaked through the cracks in the drapes reflected off the shiny surface of the penny. She pressed it into her wooden desk, before picking it up and spinning it. As she looked away, the penny continued to twirl, as she had a slight portion of her mind focused on the movement of the air around the penny. Mindfang was closing her eyes, the penny close the falling, when a small man burst through the doors. Panting, he put his hands of his knees, and through rushed breaths, he looked up at Mindfang. "The crew-" he gasped, standing up and regaining his breath, "the crew has arrived." 

The penny on the table dropped, rolling and dropping onto the floor. Before the subtle ding, however, the penny was rushed back into Mindfang's hand. She looked up from the brim of her hat, the feather on the top swishing. "Well then," she started, her fangs glinting in the dim light, "let's get started."

@CoreyXIX @@everyone else

IMG_3230.JPG

After Julius had finished with his route calculations he rolled the map up. He then went into his wagon and picked up the bag of money he would be paying for this trip. It was a hefty sum for him, but if this was successful it would all be worth. If not...well he sincerely hoped not to dwell on the fact that he would almost certainly be ruined if failure was in the cards for him. he closed the back door of his wagon as his horse had pulled itself and the wagon onto the ship. He asked a few people here and there for direction to the captain's quarters on this thing and eventually found his way there. Three sharp raps on the door announced his presence. "Excuse me, I figure before we leave I'll just hand over the payments now." he says, his usual cheery smile still lingering as he waited for an answer. "And maybe a few suggestions on efficient routes too, if you're interested."

@Galaxy's Silver Lining

Meanwhile, Gygax found himself looking over the railing of the ship. He remembered the last time he took to the sky with some fondness. One of these days he would let loose somewhere where most people wouldn't know it was him and stretch those wings of his out again!

Snow: She arrived at the ship that would take her away from the crowds of the town. Shura would be with her, her protector on this journey. She bit her lip and evened our her breathing to keep her heart rate low. She had no idea if any great powers were on this ship and she didn't need her blood getting her in any trouble as it had a while ago when she first met Shura. Her ankle hissed its phantom pain.

Her blonde hair waved in the wind and her rose eyes glanced over everything. She had gained a lot of healthy weight back since she no longer existed on the brink of starvation. Still, though she was tiny and frail. Her neck easily breakable, her limbs dainty and delicate, begging to be snapped like twigs. The only thing of power anyone could see in her were her eyes. They stared unwaveringly into your soul, refusing to back down, refusing to acknowledge the other's dominance. It got a lot of alphas riled up. Who was this small child to challenge them?

@Kuroshi

Meanwhile, The Conductor pulls a chain in the Engine causing it to release a loud, magical sound of...you know, choo choo sound. To mortals, that can't see the train, this would sound like a strong gust of wind or something.

(my question still stands from the OOC - how/why does the conductor tag along? if no one has a reason, ill have him help save snow from fuzz's character or something)

(I hate to say this, but I still don't have an answer. Really, it seems more like he has reasons not to show up)

(Yeah, I suppose so. Guess you'll just have to hope that someone else could aid you here.)

Yuuki and Alluria had finally ran into one another during the festival, she was quite happy to be able to spend time with her love again. Them both being major travelers, they often split ways to go on seperate adventures, meeting every few weeks if they could. They had an odd relationship, but loved each other dearly, the prize Alluria had won her from one of the stall games was proof that Alluria loved her. The prize itself being tucked away safely in her bag, she'd be adding it to her little collection soon enough, but now it was time to share an adventure together. They heard word that some people were going on a little adventure in search for starmetal. She'd only ever heard rumors about it, but the price of some was incredible if you could actually get your hands on some. Walking up the plank to the massive ship, she looked around seeing a few people already on board. It was then that she noticed someone familiar, a dear friend that Yuuki had met some time ago. Grinning she turned to Alluria. "Be righg back, there's someone I have to go harass." She went off and heard the voice, she looked around and saw him banging on the captains quarters and rather large coinpurse in hand. Sneaking up to him, she quickly took the coin purse and spoke out. "This starmetal better be worth it if you're dropping this much coin on this trip Julius." She grinned as she jiggled the bag around in front of her face, her being back in her normal apparel, fully equipped with her quiver, dagger and bow. @Shadows.Whisper @CoreyXIX

The snatched coinbag was noticed just as soon as he heard the familiar voice ringing alongside the jingling bag. It had been quite some time since he'd seen her about! "Hi there Yuki!" Julius exclaimed, happy to see his old friend one more time. How long had it been? Weeks? Months? Really most days blended together for him since they were so similar. He placed his hands on his hips and gave her a look. "You really think I would be wagering almost everything on this trip if I didn't think so?" he chuckles a little. "My informant tells me that it will be quite the catch when we do!" he says with confidence in reply to her hopes about this being worth it. "Besides, part of this is going to everybody helping anyway. So it's not like everybody is leaving empty-handed when the journey is over." In hindsight, Gygax didn't give a lot of specifics other than "it's worth it." Should he be concerned? Yeah, maybe he should. But the prospect of legitimate adventure and travel time in new and exciting ways was enough to drown the concerns out like alcohol to a sad man.

@Strange_Encounters

Mindfang looked up at the newcomer, who had come into her cabin without request. She squinted in the darkness, feeling his presence. The sunlight from the door flooded into her room, revealing her feet on top of her desk. Before she could say anything, the man began to speak. When he was done, Mindfang proceeded. "Though I will accept the payment, I know where I am going. As captain, I have to." She said smugly, flipped her hair over her shoulder. He yellowish horns glinted in the sunlight, sparkling and shining.

Shura was sleeping in his cabin. To be honest, The whole Shura was here, he did mostly sleep. He notices when Snow is in Danger, so he doesn't has to be around her 24/7. He would like to. But it would be a bit weird if a weird Fox guy follows you the whole time. As he woke up, he sighed, scratching his belly and slowly standing up. "Really... I'm making the gods of Laziness proud..." he yawned and left his cabin, scratching his head and looking for Snow. He can't really spot her through sniffing. He's too unconcentrated and there are too many scents.

He still remembers the past events and is still not trusting this one guy, his Name was Pavel or something, that much. He wasn't as angry as before, but still not near being a good friend. However, he decided to not think about that and concentrate on finding Snow.

@Jennete @Fuzz

7 minutes ago, Kuroshi said:

Shura was sleeping in his cabin. To be honest, The whole Shura was here, he did mostly sleep. He notices when Snow is in Danger, so he doesn't has to be around her 24/7. He would like to. But it would be a bit weird if a weird Fox guy follows you the whole time. As he woke up, he sighed, scratching his belly and slowly standing up. "Really... I'm making the gods of Laziness proud..." he yawned and left his cabin, scratching his head and looking for Snow. He can't really spot her through sniffing. He's too unconcentrated and there are too many scents.

He still remembers the past events and is still not trusting this one guy, his Name was Pavel or something, that much. He wasn't as angry as before, but still not near being a good friend. However, he decided to not think about that and concentrate on finding Snow.

@Jennete @Fuzz

Snow: She stepped onto the ship, her footing unsure with Shura asleep somewhere on it. She looked around, noticing people here and there... hmm something to watch out for. She spun in a circle, taking it all in... raising her hand to her mouth she bit her fingers nervously and sighed as her blood gave a little hum, sensing Shura was near. It always wished to sing for him. Kind of annoying especially when she had to focus extra hard to keep it quiet.

Snow: She stepped onto the ship, her footing unsure with Shura asleep somewhere on it. She looked around, noticing people here and there... hmm something to watch out for. She spun in a circle, taking it all in... raising her hand to her mouth she bit her fingers nervously and sighed as her blood gave a little hum, sensing Shura was near. It always wished to sing for him. Kind of annoying especially when she had to focus extra hard to keep it quiet.

Shura was still looking for Snow. However, the him he heard was a sign that Snow is near. He thought a bit and sniffed, trying to concentrate and spot her. He had success. He made his way to Snow.

He turned at one if of the corners of the Ship, and there she is. The first contractor that was still below 20. And, to be honest, The most fragile looking. But Shura knew that she was much more enduring than she seems to be. With a slight, tired smile he walked to her. "Yo..."

Shura was still looking for Snow. However, the him he heard was a sign that Snow is near. He thought a bit and sniffed, trying to concentrate and spot her. He had success. He made his way to Snow.

He turned at one if of the corners of the Ship, and there she is. The first contractor that was still below 20. And, to be honest, The most fragile looking. But Shura knew that she was much more enduring than she seems to be. With a slight, tired smile he walked to her. "Yo..."

Snow: "I saw the crew arrive... I think we will be leaving soon." She smiled softly, the fear gone from her guarded eyes only around him. "Did you have a nice nap Shura?" She walked to the side of the ship, looking out over the edge. There was another person doing the same ways down but she chose to ignore him. Her blood hummed again, though Snow believed it was just in response to Shura being so near.

@CoreyXIX

When the small noise had started, it sounded more like a chorus. But it got closer and louder it reminded Gygax more of a talented chorus doing warm-up exercises. While it wasn't very unpleasant there was still the knowledge that their best had yet to be done! But wait, there was no singing group on this deck. As he looked around with a mix of curiosity and strangeness the only newcomers he saw were the frail girl and her friend. But they weren't singing at all. He wasn't very sure what to make of it other than either him not noticing everybody that had come on board or some magic afoot. "Excuse me, but did a group of singer come on board the ship recently?" he asks Snow and Shura.

@Jennete @Kuroshi

"Well, I'm happy to hear you're worth the payment." Julius says to the arrogant captain, keeping any thoughts on this to himself for the time being. "Now if a certain someone." he glances to Yuuki with a smile that was both one acknowledging her humor yet politely requesting she stopped this time. "Would hand my coin purse back, your money would be here and our trip begun in earnest!"

@Strange_Encounters @Galaxy's Silver Lining

Snow: "I saw the crew arrive... I think we will be leaving soon." She smiled softly, the fear gone from her guarded eyes only around him. "Did you have a nice nap Shura?" She walked to the side of the ship, looking out over the edge. There was another person doing the same ways down but she chose to ignore him. Her blood hummed again, though Snow believed it was just in response to Shura being so near.

@CoreyXIX

When the small noise had started, it sounded more like a chorus. But it got closer and louder it reminded Gygax more of a talented chorus doing warm-up exercises. While it wasn't very unpleasant there was still the knowledge that their best had yet to be done! But wait, there was no singing group on this deck. As he looked around with a mix of curiosity and strangeness the only newcomers he saw were the frail girl and her friend. But they weren't singing at all. He wasn't very sure what to make of it other than either him not noticing everybody that had come on board or some magic afoot. "Excuse me, but did a group of singer come on board the ship recently?" he asks Snow and Shura.

@Jennete @Kuroshi

"Well, I'm happy to hear you're worth the payment." Julius says to the arrogant captain, keeping any thoughts on this to himself for the time being. "Now if a certain someone." he glances to Yuuki with a smile that was both one acknowledging her humor yet politely requesting she stopped this time. "Would hand my coin purse back, your money would be here and our trip begun in earnest!"

@Strange_Encounters @Galaxy's Silver Lining

He smiled and patted her head. "Yeah... kinda... could've slept longer..." he sighed as he heard Snow's blood again. And he let out another sigh as the guy approached them and asked if there would be a singer group on board. "No, sorry. I don't really know what you're talking about..." Shura said, trying to protect Snow from stressing out and having a deja vu. "But it's nice to meet you. My Name is Shura, and that is Snow..." he pointed at Snow, standing next to him.

He smiled and patted her head. "Yeah... kinda... could've slept longer..." he sighed as he heard Snow's blood again. And he let out another sigh as the guy approached them and asked if there would be a singer group on board. "No, sorry. I don't really know what you're talking about..." Shura said, trying to protect Snow from stressing out and having a deja vu. "But it's nice to meet you. My Name is Shura, and that is Snow..." he pointed at Snow, standing next to him.

Sing that they didn't hear? Now this was something that piqued his interested quite a bit. There was something to explain for it, he was sure of it. "My name is Gygax, nice to meet the two of you." he says while giving a small, quick nods of his head to the two of them. "So, are the two of you here to help that merchant and his trip for Starmetal as well?" he asks them. He would soon be done playing twenty questions with them and (he hoped) for actual conversation maybe.

Sing that they didn't hear? Now this was something that piqued his interested quite a bit. There was something to explain for it, he was sure of it. "My name is Gygax, nice to meet the two of you." he says while giving a small, quick nods of his head to the two of them. "So, are the two of you here to help that merchant and his trip for Starmetal as well?" he asks them. He would soon be done playing twenty questions with them and (he hoped) for actual conversation maybe.

Snow: She rolled her eyes as he patted her head. "You know perfectly well I don't like that." She turned, her heart rate picking up as Gygax approached them... the humming finally turning to a song. She backed up into Shura, hiding in his presence. He made her calmer and the humming quiet down, almost inaudible. "Hello Gygax, we are simply here to help as we can and enjoy the free trip to a distant place."

Snow: She rolled her eyes as he patted her head. "You know perfectly well I don't like that." She turned, her heart rate picking up as Gygax approached them... the humming finally turning to a song. She backed up into Shura, hiding in his presence. He made her calmer and the humming quiet down, almost inaudible. "Hello Gygax, we are simply here to help as we can and enjoy the free trip to a distant place."

She seemed rather shy of him. Or cowering, he wasn't totally sure although it seemed like a bit of both. But for just a brief moment, that chorus intensified before dying down. He rather had the impression he wouldn't have been very welcome were it not for Shura's attempt. "Then I hope the three of us get alone well on this trip. Julius will need all the help he can get."

1 hour ago, CoreyXIX said:

She seemed rather shy of him. Or cowering, he wasn't totally sure although it seemed like a bit of both. But for just a brief moment, that chorus intensified before dying down. He rather had the impression he wouldn't have been very welcome were it not for Shura's attempt. "Then I hope the three of us get alone well on this trip. Julius will need all the help he can get."

Snow: She felt bad for being so mean... and tried to appear more friendly to the man. "I am sure we will. You seem very kind." She smiled, her eyes flashing back from dark red when she was wary to her usual light rose pink. She looked up at Shura to let him know that she was fine with the person now, her body physically relaxing in the presence of Gygax. "Why are you on this journey if you don't mind me asking?"

Gygax returns the smile to the significantly more at ease woman. She seemed so much more friendly now to him as she tried to talk to him. "Well, I'm heading this way for a few reasons. I'm here to help our patron with information on the Star Metal, and I'm here to make sure a certain someone else doesn't get it." Gygax explains to her. He may as well be honest about his trip here, even if he wasn't going to originally talk much about it.

@Jennete

4 minutes ago, CoreyXIX said:

Gygax returns the smile to the significantly more at ease woman. She seemed so much more friendly now to him as she tried to talk to him. "Well, I'm heading this way for a few reasons. I'm here to help our patron with information on the Star Metal, and I'm here to make sure a certain someone else doesn't get it." Gygax explains to her. He may as well be honest about his trip here, even if he wasn't going to originally talk much about it.

@Jennete

Snow: She nodded and frowned a little, tilting her head. "Someone else?" She was confused... she hadn't been told they were competing with anyone. Her heart rate picked up and she shifted, suddenly nervous. What if these other people knew of her? What if they found out about her when they were both looking for this thing? Her blood raced and she couldn't help its song. Knowing he would hear it she looked to Shura, trying to assure him she would be fine. "I um... Oh I um just remembered." She nodded and did not complete her sentence as she left in a hurry, putting distance as the song softened to a hum and the hum went away. She just needed to breathe. To calm down... Gygax meant nothing most likely. Snow was sure she was just overthinking things...

@Kuroshi

Snow: She nodded and frowned a little, tilting her head. "Someone else?" She was confused... she hadn't been told they were competing with anyone. Her heart rate picked up and she shifted, suddenly nervous. What if these other people knew of her? What if they found out about her when they were both looking for this thing? Her blood raced and she couldn't help its song. Knowing he would hear it she looked to Shura, trying to assure him she would be fine. "I um... Oh I um just remembered." She nodded and did not complete her sentence as she left in a hurry, putting distance as the song softened to a hum and the hum went away. She just needed to breathe. To calm down... Gygax meant nothing most likely. Snow was sure she was just overthinking things...

@Kuroshi

"Huh? Sn--" Shura cut off his own sentence with a sigh. He knew Snow was about to panic again. Scratching his head, he turned to Gygax, sighing again. "Sorry, she's just a bit... shy and weird around new people. Don't worry..." he smiles and then looked in Snow's direction again. He then cracked his Neck and stretches. "Well..." Honestly, Shura didn't knew what to talk about. He was still a bit frozen when it comes to social interaction. The only person he can talk to without a problem is Snow.

@CoreyXIX

Users who are viewing this thread

Back