• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The Society - OOC

@0stinato Few things mate:

1. Can't have a hermaphrodite character. Authoritarian, totalitarian dystopia obsessed with the idea of a 'perfect' world free of... well.. 'oddities'. If a baby was born as a hermaphrodite, they would either be, A. Discreetly 'disposed' of and replaced with a another baby if such an option were available with the parents never knowing the wiser (and so filling two goals at once), or B. Discreetly disposed of and then the parents would be told the baby simply did not make it. (Not that, mind you, I am saying this is a good thing or I approve of such actions, but, you know, Dystopia.)... So Hermaphrodite characters simply wouldn't be possible as there is no way to hide such a thing.

2. The Matching Ceremony happens if you have a family or not. Its a matter of organization and resource management. 

3. Skullface... this is supposed to have a large dose of realism, or at least, as much realism is really possible in a forum based rp and with liberties taken for plot and necessity, but... We cannot, in good faith, really accept a character like yours when it wouldn't really fit. I understand that may be the point, but there is a difference in being unique and breaking the setting. If you could go through your character and change it to better fit with the theme and overall story, we would greatly appreciate it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
All right... I'll use someone else. I have a plethora of eligible characters, honestly. I hear what you're saying! 

@Cosmo

I've changed which character I'll use. If there are any problems, I'll rectify them again.

Does the government have methods of knowing what you're thinking, or is it reliant on everyone being so indoctrinated as to take the pills because they're loyal?

Does the government have methods of knowing what you're thinking, or is it reliant on everyone being so indoctrinated as to take the pills because they're loyal?

The government doesn't know what your're thinking. It's more of a thing like..loyalty in a since.. but the country has been like this for so long no one really questions it. If that helps?

I really love the dystopian genre for this very reason. Just, a huge amount of overwhelming oppression.

'S why this rp caught my eye.

This is the first RP I've made this way in quite a long time. I stopped making em, because most people weren't down to join them. Really sucked cause I had great ideas.

@0stinato 

Interesting. But you forgot to add something to Other~

Rüdiger does have an Other, it's "Has quite an ego, one that he doesn't really deserve. Has tics: he rubs his hands together and inhales sharply through his teeth. This rarely happens when he's relaxed and happens more often when he's anxious."

No worries.

Rüdiger does have an Other, it's "Has quite an ego, one that he doesn't really deserve. Has tics: he rubs his hands together and inhales sharply through his teeth. This rarely happens when he's relaxed and happens more often when he's anxious."

No worries.

I know what it says, but you're still forgetting something very important. 

Perhaps you should search the other links in the RP for what it is. *hint hint*

I know what it says, but you're still forgetting something very important. 

Perhaps you should search the other links in the RP for what it is. *hint hint*

Oh my god, I read that as soon as I went through the rules the first time.
I just totally forgot during character-making.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back