• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Singles' Cruise ~ Will You Find The One? [In-Character]

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Jessica Shin - The Extreme Athlete
Her Room - Ball Room
255px-Jessica_on_the_CLEO_Thailand_magazine_(cropped).png
A whole week has passed since the cruise began its voyage. Following the Night Club Party on the first night, the remainder of the week itself was mostly awkward and Jessica had spent half of it in her suite playing videogames and going out to meet people like she was supposed to. The other half was spent actually socializing so that she wouldn't get kicked off the cruise. At least ninety percent of the time, she stayed up all night playing videogames. They were out at sea and with the Cruise Ship being constantly on the move, she couldn't really use any of her sports gear. If she even tried to use her skateboard, she'd probably get kicked off and stranded in an unknown country. As these thoughts traversed through her mind, Jessica slowly went to pick up the empty bags of chips and soda cans and cleaning up around the room hoping to make life just a tad bit easier for room service. Sure, she may be here against her will, but there was no use making innocent people pay for her family's mistakes. After cleaning up a bit, she looked through her suit case to find something more suitable for...a Masquerade Ball. This was definitely new for her, even if she considered herself a reasonably skilled dancer. The only thing she griped about was having to wear a mask. The idea of hiding her face was just strange to the Extreme Athlete. Sure, she wore ski-masks and face shields, but it was to protect her from the elements. Putting on her dress, she started looking at herself in the mirror before grabbing the mask that her Mother packed for her. Too bad it didn't break during the drive with her Brother...

Upon exiting her room, she began wondering if she'll run into Elise again. Jessica had certainly hoped so. Sure, they were both here to find love. They could do that...together, one supporting the other... just as they did years ago before she lost the very cherished friendship to her anger and stupidity. Maybe fall for each other? As that came to mind, Jessica shook her head. No, her and Elise rekindling their friendship was what she hoped for, but for them to be actually in love with one another? No...no, that's silly. Straightening out her signature accessories, she walked into the ball room with confidence, which was quickly stomped out when she saw a large crowd of people...dancing. Did she unknowingly step into a time machine?

Her heart started fluttering as several of the guys in the suits were rather...handsome and sharp. However, one in particular stood out to her. The dark red suit. Sure, there were others that wore similar colors, but this one caught her eye first, so she was going to make the first approach with confidence, even if she was probably going to embarrass herself. "Hey there handsome, would you like to join me for a dance?"

Interactions: Jacob MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat
Mentions: Elise NightPhoenix NightPhoenix

[class=link] display: inline-block; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; transition: 1s; font-size: 9px; font-family: Avenir; padding-top: 5px; color: #999; [/class]
Kat; 24
outfit
this little number.
interactions
ethan
tags
Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving
Katherine had managed to find a decent glass of wine and she was scanning the room for anyone who seemed interesting. Nothing out of the ordinary, just a bunch of people in masks. She took a sip of the red liquid from the fancy glass as she finally locked her eyes on someone. A tall man with long hair that was honestly nicer than hers. Ethan.

She waltzed on over to where he was, just in time to hear his comment about the champagne. "It is pretty fancy right? I almost feel like royalty," she joked, raising her. "I'm Kat," she said, offering her hand as she introduced herself.
[div class=link]coded by christy.
[/div]

1574938440552.png
Annabelle
interactions: EldridSmith EldridSmith

Annabelle was so caught up in her own internal grudge at her family at this whole boat trip that she almost completely missed when someone called out her name. Glancing up when she heard it she took a quick look around before her eyes laid on the bar tender from the first night they where on the ship. Giving a slightly puzzled look before responding. "O-Oh hello sir." She said softly as she looked him over a little. he was already a curious subject. the few moments she spent around him he had left the bar like he was suddenly off shift that night. It was weird but in there defense this entire cruise ship of love was rather out of the ordinary, I mean it wasn't everyday you heard of a cruise ship focused solely on singles finding love. she mentally shrugged off her own internal debate on the curiosity of it all and focused on him. "Are you working the bar again for the ball?" she asked him curiously as she continued to make her way down toward the Ball room. It was clear him actually being a patron of the ship and not part of the crew was no where near her thoughts as she seemed to continue walking. Finding the interaction a little weird, why would someone who works on this ship remember her name? What if he knew?!? the thoughts made her grow anxious and nervous towards the man as she kept walking. One thing was for sure if he had already figured it out, figured out her royal blood and heritage she didn't want to be near him.

Ethan.jpg
Ethan
Loaction: Ball room
Interactions: jasmyn jasmyn

Ethan smiled down at the Champagne before bringing it to his lips, taking a little sip with a smile just as he heard someone speak to him from behind. Turning around to see a rather beautiful woman talking to him. His smile immediately grew as he took a quick look over her. "Well when you Waltz around with such beauty I wouldn't have been surprised to find out you are royalty." He said back with a gentle smile. He knew how cheesy it sounded but hey, he enjoyed giving honest compliments. He wasn't lying to himself at the least. The way she looked and carried herself he really wouldn't have been surprised if she was actual royalty from somewhere. Of course though it would be cray to find actual royalty here but she was damn near close enough to be it. Looking down at her hand he reached out gently taking her hand in his own rough massive hands and gently shaking it. "Ethan." He said back softly to her. After a moment of giving her his undivided attention he glanced out to the rest of the ball room. "never thought id be this nervous in my life." He said softly completely intending to not say it out loud but clearly it came out for her to hear​

1575174764630.png "Working the bar?" Ferron asks rather confused. "I don't know what gave you that impression but I don't work for the ship." Ferron politely informed her. "I did jump the bar to grab a drink as I grew impatient..." He admits feeling a little guilty." He turned to look at her and noticed she didn't seem to be comfortable... "Am I bothering you? You seem to be uncomfortable around me and I don't want to cause anyone to be on edge."

[class=link] display: inline-block; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; transition: 1s; font-size: 9px; font-family: Avenir; padding-top: 5px; color: #999; [/class]
Kat; 24
outfit
this little number.
interactions
ethan
tags
"Ah, a smooth talker." Kat tease with a grin on her cherry red lips. "I wouldn't exactly fit into any royal family. I can take a compliment though so thank you," she told him with a laugh. She took another sip from the wine glass before studying the man before her. What she could tell he was rather attractive, of course he was wearing a mask like everyone else. She liked the mystery behind this night, it left people wanting more.

She glanced around as he spoke out about being nervous. She was unsure if he meant to make the comment but she was glad he had. While she thought the night would be fun, it wasn't exactly a setting she was used to. I guess that was the point though, right?

"Yeah. The whole thing is a little intimidating, isn't it?" she agreed, "But what's the fun in standing on the side lines? I don't believe in letting your nerves get the better of you," she added with a shrug before motioning to the dance floor. "We should dance. I mean, I've never danced to ballroom music but I'm almost positive I wouldn't be the only one." she pointed out a pair who obviously had two left feet.

Katherine was a rather straight-forward girl for the most part. She didn't like missed chances and she'd usually try anything once. Besides, she would be wasting this trip if she sat in a corner being shy all night. For her, this was about getting out of her comfort zone. Trying new things, meeting new people so she could create new connections. So here she was, asking a stranger to slow dance with her.
[div class=link]coded by christy.
[/div]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back