Experiences The shortest response I've seen?

I've got two words for you: two words. Literally, they respond with two words.
Ex: She smiled.
Ex: He nodded.
I've had those before in chat rps. That's why I came here looking for forum rps because I thought they would be a little more in depth. Turns out so far I was right.

Does voiding a prior action count as negative replies?
If the prior action was the entire post?
Because if so then I've gotten negative replies.
download-5.jpg

"." Was the shortest response I've ever been graced with. The backstory basically was that me and the person were arguing, and I'd said something about a painful moment in their past, and they say "."

One time, I kid you not, I wrote about a paragraph and a half and got back literally this:

"..."

Deleted them without saying anything.

that would be my own response, as i was in a very limited place and could only write so much. and that response being...

"ratatouille."

was during some dinner thing where we had to pick out food from the menu.

i think i wrote a good essay length response, while the person in return gave a, "she laughed." and god i wanted to die

If we're going into the realm of negative responses, then I think my shortest response would have to be when, on a different forum, someone had the moderators delete a public roleplay (which they had created, but you needed a moderator to delete it) after I made a post in which my character actually tried to move the plot forward. I think he felt that his plot was threatened. 10 pages of 20 posts each, gone. It was disheartening.

Last edited:
Like most people here, the shortest answer I got were like "She laughed" or "She sighed". And God knows how upset I was, first because it's too empty of content to help me answer, and second when it happened after I wrote quite a long text !

Ahhhhhh
I was in an RP where everyone else wrote at least two paragraphs but this one person wrote one-liners every freaking time.
The best response from this was "(Name) didn't know what to do."

At least they were honest.

during a DMed roleplay after I described zombies running towards the player's police checkpoint and getting shot by the cops:

player's response: "Okay."

i immediately quit the RP

This thread makes me so mad.

But to be perfectly honest I don't remember any one liners given to me other than some of the ones people habe already said. Mostly because I think I usually just let them die after that or I've blocked them from my memory.

Well I guess I should count my blessings. For every short response I've received, these are worse. Though I often gete a good 2 paragraphs of graphic sexual detail that I did -not- ask for. Think I'd rather take one word responses at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back