• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Ship of Horrors - A Dark Voyage into the Shadowy Unknown (CLOSED)

Magnar

King of the Underworld
Be7X3xi.jpg

My name is Captain Garvyn. I am the Captain of this, the good ship Endurance. Me and my crew, we have been sailing these seas for what seems to be an eternity now. Our food and water stocks are dwindling, and morale is slowly but surely ebbing away. Soon I fear we will have outright mutiny. I have lost track of time and tide, ever since that fateful, foggy night when the stars changed. We lost our course, and ever since we have sailed in a straight line. We sail in the hope of reaching shore, or seeing some sort of landmark that will allow us to get our bearings, yet with each day that passes there is nothing. There is nothing but the endless ocean and the gray-tinged sky. I am truly beginning to believe that wherever this cursed ocean is, there is not, and never will be, an end to it.

And if that is not bad enough, I'm getting reports off the crew as to strange happenings occurring at night. They come to me with tales of ghostly wailing, or shouts of anger coming from the foredeck, yet when they go to investigate, there is nothing there. Worse than that, there have been sightings of a ghostly child drifting around below decks.

But wait, something comes on the horizon

A shadowy form. Perhaps finally, this is an end to this cursed never-ending voyage.

~~​

Through the dense mist, a dark shape materialises and looms near. It is another sailing vessel, yet this one bears signs of a long and deadly life. The hull displays huge, gaping holes, yet water passes through the gaps without filling the breached hold. The rigging and sails hang in limp, tangled shreds, yet the ship moves forwards quickly despite the lack of wind. The decks and hull show signs of rot, and if the ship was ever painted there is no sign of it now -- the colour having long ago peeled and flaked away. The masts creak and sway, looking fragile and rotted.

The vessel's crew then appear on deck, first ten, then sixteen, then two dozen sailors. All pretensions of there being aid for the stricken ship Endurance were cast aside in seconds -- an illusion dispelled behind the cold, hard realisation that death had come for them. The crew of this ship -- they were not alive. Rotten, putrid flesh fell from walking corpses, fetid skin staining the rotten timbers of this ghostly decaying ship that even now approached. All were dressed in rags that were as rotten and torn as the mangled ship that came out of the shadows of the eternally grey horizon. Where fingernails once were, long claws jutted from grimy digits. Sharp fangs filled their rotting mouths. Most of them clutched rusty sabres, cutlasses, scimitars and long swords. As the ship neared, her name could be made out burned into the bow.

The Eternal Torture.

~~​

This dark and sordid tale began with a badly written notice:

Handsum Payment for ezee work!!

If ye r willing sea-goers with strong stommicks seeking brieef adventur, reeport to tha good ship Endurance berthed at the lokal doks. I reekwire intrepid soles to fill out a crew for a herried deelivere voyage. Ye may reetern to this port or reemane at tha destinashun. Appeer before sundown - we sail at dawn! No land lubbers need apply!

When you signed onto the Endurance, you thought it would be an easy delivery job and a chance to make some easy money. What you found was anything but - a haunted vessel destined for an island of the dead.....

Dare you step aboard the Ship of Horrors?

***​

Welcome one, welcome all to my first storytelling contribution to RP Nation, one in which I will take you through a dark tale of ghostly spirits and ancient curses.

When you set sail from port you never expected the darkness of another land to swallow you and your ship whole. Yet, for the Endurance, when it set sail, dark entities were watching, and they opened their arms to welcome a vessel full of lost souls. And beckon you in they did, with open arms. Now, once accepted, you can NEVER leave these dark and cursed waters that you now sail upon.

So - who and what do I look for? I like role-play. I like deep and interesting characters. I like beautiful adventures, heroic derring-do and doomed tragedy. If you are of so like mind then we will get on great with each other. I will likely bring an NPC / GMPC of my own into the game.

Still with me? Great. We're going to get on just fine.

For anyone interested in setting sail on the Ship of Horrors, please sign your name on the roster below -- once we have a number of entries we will begin this dark tale with a look at the tortured souls who dare to step aboard it and a tour of the ship itself.

At this time I do not need a CS, merely an affirmation of interest will be sufficient. Once there is enough interest for the game to begin I will direct you accordingly for the next steps.

Last edited:
Shameless bump. Surely there’s people interested in this heady mix of pirate game and supernatural gothic horror ;). Don’t be shy, ask if there’s anything you’re not sure of :).

You certainly can, welcome aboard! Just needing another 1/2 more interests, once I have that I have enough interest to start putting the character guidelines together :D

Absolutely awesome, thanks all. It’s getting late here now so I’ll set up the OOC and Characters threads tomorrow and link you all :)

You certainly can, and with five others along with my own character I believe that is the full complement I need for the game :).

I’m therefore closing the interest check, however if anyone is interested in joining further on down the line, please state so below and I will be in touch if there are dropouts for the game.

You certainly can, and with five others along with my own character I believe that is the full complement I need for the game :).

I’m therefore closing the interest check, however if anyone is interested in joining further on down the line, please state so below and I will be in touch if there are dropouts for the game.
Thanks! I'll get started working on my character :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back