• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice The Shattered Soul - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
She would probably try to keep it under her hat, but Lord Jordenin would probably be able to see through it.

Alrighty - the dice agree with that assessment. I'll get a short post up in a bit.

Heya friends!

Some time ago when we were creating our characters, I think I mentioned something about Lord Jordenin's injury and Ol' Sil replied with something like, "Dreamy should ask him about it sometime." Well, once our (currently nameless) fellowship here leaves, who knows when we'll see ol' Lordy Jordy and his Coffee of Awesomeness again?

I'm looking forward to seeing what's ahead. It's been a very long time since I played a D&D-style character who took on some undead!

What are you guys and gals thinking about it all? =)

Well, I'm looking forward to seeing how this game turns out. It is an interesting start so far.

Glad I've still got your interest =D

I had a few rough days, but I'll hopefully get a post up tomorrow or the day after.

And... my life's a mess at the moment. At least I managed to start thinking about the next post, so there is hope that I'll get it done soon-ish. Bugs me a ton that I couldn't do it yesterday, but oh well - sometimes it can't be helped. Thanks for the patience!

Silanon Silanon You're welcome! It'll happen when it happens, Sil. And it'll be worth waiting for, too! =)

This rockin' fat cat somehow proves my point beyond argument. Yeah, that's it. = )

Cat Whatever GIF by DJT

(Really, did you want any normal friends? Because from what I can tell there are none here!) =)

What's normal, precious?

More seriously, what they said. This is looking great so far and I'm definitely willing to wait however long you need.

Not the best of posts, but a post nonetheless; and hopefully enough for me to get back into things. Thanks for the patience, again.

Since Cap'n just mentioned it: Lord Jordenin's horses are meant for travel, not for fighting - but they'll (probably) get you where you need to be. Every character can ride a horse, rolls will only be needed for more complex maneuvers, or for staying in the saddle under more extreme circumstances. But those won't be a thing, of course... what should possibly happen, after all?

Since Cap'n just mentioned it: Lord Jordenin's horses are meant for travel, not for fighting - but they'll (probably) get you where you need to be. Every character can ride a horse, rolls will only be needed for more complex maneuvers, or for staying in the saddle under more extreme circumstances. But those won't be a thing, of course... what should possibly happen, after all?
I'm sure we'll be fiiiine. xD Question, though: are they all horses, or is there a pony for the little person? It probably doesn't matter mechanically, but will affect how I describe her feelings about it.

With a clenched jaw, he levers himself up into the saddle, just waiting for the horse to pull some funny business.
I love this! Good going, Sherwood Sherwood Funny scene and now we know a little more about Aysik too. =)

I gotta point out though that even though our Dungeon Master has stated not to worry about Ride Skills and checks and all that, if we do have some encounter where we do have to make checks, and the Dice Gods gank Aysik so that he rolls a Fumble, I get the impression we'll be lucky to see him on a horse again! Ha ha!

It is a personality trait that just came to me; horses are the enemy, and only a chosen few have recognized their looming threat to the world as a whole. He would much rather hike or, if he has to, a wagon. Just so long as he is not on the back of one of these hay burners. But he will survive as he always has.

I'm sure we'll be fiiiine. xD Question, though: are they all horses, or is there a pony for the little person? It probably doesn't matter mechanically, but will affect how I describe her feelings about it.
Good question - any personal preference? If not, I'll just ask the dice for an answer.

Good question - any personal preference? If not, I'll just ask the dice for an answer.
If it makes no difference system-wise, Fijit would prefer a pony. (If it does make a difference, I suspect Lord Jordenin would choose a mount that can at least keep up with the others?)

I don't have a preference myself.

Just looked up the mechanics - horses are speedier than ponies (50 to 40 ft), which makes sense. Lemme say that there are only horses then if it's the same for you as a player.

It is a personality trait that just came to me; horses are the enemy, and only a chosen few have recognized their looming threat to the world as a whole. He would much rather hike or, if he has to, a wagon. Just so long as he is not on the back of one of these hay burners. But he will survive as he always has.
Sherwood Sherwood Hey, bud! Do you want to have a little more fun with this? =)

Do you remember the scene where Dreamy was playing with Tillie's birds? I would like for her to have a similar scene when she meets the horse that she's going to be riding on for the next while.

I can only imagine that she would be oblivious to how Aysik feels (because he's shown no outward sign that she could probably detect).

There she is making all friendly with the horse and there is Aysik watching as the evil equine has taken another victim! She has fallen under its spell! "Right before my eyes!" Or however Aysik might feel? Whatever sounds like fun to you. =)

Do you want me to write something up like that for Dreamy and you can have Aysik react in some fun way?

Last edited:
O.K.! From the silence, I guess that's a "no" (or you've missed this. Either way, no worries and moving on!). =)

By asking Lord Jordenin about his hip injury (as suggested by our crafty Dungeon Master), Dreamy has fulfilled a short-term goal of hers! That always feels good. =)

Oh crud. I was going to reply to this, then got distracted. Sorry, my friend. If you wish to have a moment with Aysik and his aversion with horses, go for it.

Just felt like knowing more about the horses - so I just rolled a few dice to see what they're like. Just in case: Blame bad luck, not me =D

Silanon Silanon It's fine by me! Some Dungeon Masters don't get into that level of detail; I'm glad that you can and do.

This PC is ready to ride when you guys are! =)

On my end, I figured I'd give Sherwood the chance to react to your post, and give Kaerri enough time to get a post up as well. After that, I'm prepared to let you all head out.

One thing you folks could figure out ooc is your general formation while riding - are you spreading out in one line, one after the other? Do you take the opposite approach, and ride in pairs next to each other? Who leads, who rides in the back? That sort of thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back