• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice The Shattered Soul - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Want to see more conversation! After! (Seriously, beginnings can be a delicate time for new games as the Players get a feel for each other and each other's characters. While I think we have the former well-covered, I'd like to see more of what other characters have to say. I believe the more we post, the better we'll understand our new characters too.)

What does everyone else think? =)

Go for it! I'll stick to my initial intuition to see how the conversation develops from here - or what other ideas might come up. Thanks for the replies!

I also am hoping to post this weekend.

Seems like the first two comments matched the general mood, then. Take your time, I'll see if you managed to burn down the mansion at the end of the week.

jaydude jaydude Fijit has a question for Rodrick, if he's inclined to answer. ^;3^

Silanon Silanon How are casters' spell slots looking? Will we need to do memorizing time on the road somehow, or are we set for the day? (Ordinarily I'd assume the former, but the dream makes me wonder.)

You'll have to make time for it - we can't let the fog do anything helpful, can we? That'd be ridiculous...

You'll get the opportunity to take care of the spells, though, no worries. Don't want to kill the party by accident (yet).

Heya friends!

I wanted something to calm my brain down tonight so I could sleep and I thought, "Hey! Why not share this tidbit about Dreamy with everybody?" That's roleplaying, right? So I added it to a spoiler in her post and there it is. Have a good day! =)

Short update on my end: I'm back at home, but completely spent. Will probably look to catch up over the week-end, step by step!

"I don't remember the exact combination off the top of my head. It was a long time in the past. I know that there was cactus juice, moon sugar leaves and hashish involved though."

Yeah, in the end I couldn't think of much.

"Heh. If that definition applied to my own parents, I might never have left them." Rodrik commented.

Rodrik shrugged, his crossbow on his back as he looked over at the muscled warrior. "Well, I'm ready as I'll ever be."
jaydude jaydude I laughed out loud twice to this! Well done, man! =)

Short update on my end: I'm back at home, but completely spent. Will probably look to catch up over the week-end, step by step!
Silanon Silanon You are not alone! I am sitting here at my computer desk recovering from a migraine and absolutely flattened from Real Life. I'm taking a "mental health day" right now. My brain needs the rest. Otherwise, I'm doing really good!

When I'm ready, I'll post in my own games again too - imagine that (I wanted to yesterday, but Real Life had other plans)! Heh! =)

In the end I just decided on whatever fictional hallucinogens I could think of, then decided to add hashish for good measure.
I think Dreamy's parents and Rodrick would get along just fine! =)

You are not alone! I am sitting here at my computer desk recovering from a migraine and absolutely flattened from Real Life. I'm taking a "mental health day" right now. My brain needs the rest. Otherwise, I'm doing really good!
In my case, I'm just not used to hike 21km through rough terrain in one afternoon - had a blast, though, great area and awesome people I got to meet for the first time.

Now that sounds like my kind of afternoon! Hope you took pictures (that, of course, is not a request to share on RP Nation; I just love it when there is some means to look back on it all years later). =)

I did - and I'll get my hands on the photos and vids that others took, too.

Made one that'd be a good fit for the Duke's Domain, actually.

Attachments

• IMG_20220830_132741.jpg
    IMG_20220830_132741.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 3
Well, seems like this was one of those weekends where my creativity was elsewhere - I'll try to move things forward tomorrow, words didn't feel like forming proper sentences today.

Rodrik thanked the would-be divorcée and took one of the mugs for himself. After what he'd heard, he wanted to recover from his bad night's sleep as soon as possible.

"From the sound of it, as soon as the horses are here." the dwarf quipped to the nobleman.

1. How much would you say we're allowed to know about fighting undead?
  2. Assuming we don't know a lot, are there any books on the subject in Jordenin's library that Rodrik can borrow?
jaydude jaydude If Sil's running straight Pathfinder, he might tack it under what little Knowledge (Religion) Skills each of us have? But you raise a n important question I wanted to know the answer to too. I want us knowing things (one way or another) that'll aid us against the undead (like skeletons are resistant to edged weapons but not to blunt, etc.).

Good question, Jay! Lemme give a short answer now, and maybe more details tomorrow.

1. For unknown undead, it's just a knowledge roll (religion, usually). That said, you're close to the Duke's borders, so part of any preparations for fighting will naturally be how to deal with the kinds of undead commonly used by his necromancers. For those, no rolls will be required, I assume that every character paid attention to that at some point.

For rarer undead that are employed by the Duke, you might get a bonus on rolls, representing that you're likely more familiar with them than the average adventurer given your closeness to the domain.

I'll try to let you know when a foe is familiar enough to know everything you'd want to know.

2. You can be sure that Jordenin has several good books on the topic; given his responsibilities near the border, knowing his potential enemies has been one of his fields of study. 'Hyena and Hydra' by Brother Argas describes the tactics of the Duke's most famous generals in details and does include their most commonly employed kinds of troops as well. It's definitely too heavy to look anything up on the fly, but it would fit into a backpack for studies while resting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back