• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice The Shattered Soul - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Nah, no worries - these dcs are totally reasonable, I swear. I wouldn't want you to fail them automatically, where's the fun in that?

Actually, can you give me a survival check for Aysik since he's trying to find a specific spot in the mist?
Not a problem. Roll coming up. Survival is a +3

Total of 16

Gonna test out the dice roller here real quick.

I've had my share of low rolls on polyhedron dice too (as long as I've been gaming, it happens). The weird thing with the RP Nation Dice Roller is - during our Sharseya and Robotech: Broadsword games (especially Sharseya!) - it was notorious for rolling low when the PCs needed a good roll. And by "needed" I don't mean "wanted."

If I'm going to lose a character (and you guys and gals know how much I put into my characters), I'm going to lose them to real dice. =)

The thing is, when the physical dice aren't rolling good you can just pick a different color. There's only one site dice-roller. :P

The thing is, when the physical dice aren't rolling good you can just pick a different color. There's only one site dice-roller. :P
Very true! And the collections Kaerri and I own do not lack for color! =)

Get edible dice
Put them along side your regular dice
If one of your regular dice rolls badly eat the corresponding edible dice
Your misbehaving dice will see this, get scared and roll better.

Captain Hesperus

“I hate you! Stupid D20!”
stuffs it in mouth and starts chewing
realises that it’s not an edible one.

Dilemma time: spit it out and be ridiculed or swallow and risk the ER visit later.…

Captain Hesperus

There is a sense of direction. Turning right would lead you closer towards... somewhere.

He's just standing still for a minute, attempting to spot anything else that might be out there to give him a sense of . . . something.

He nodded to himself and started to walk. The direction, he decided, was irrelevant. Until he found something that might act as a landmark, any direction would do.

First Aysik and now Thomas? I just don't understand. I thought Sil's post was clear enough that there is a feeling of a more or less correct direction to go? Toward "somewhere?"

I was hoping for more info before heading out, but my perception roll didn't cooperate. Aysik is moving along now.

Dannigan Dannigan Short question in regards to your post - would you like to use the singing to distract yourself from the effects described in the bottom of the post as well? That's my read of the post, just making sure!

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Short correction: The spell does go off as intended, Thomas only feels some resistance as he casts - the concentration check was high enough. It's just that detect magic needs a longer period of time to get all of the information.

Short question in regards to your post - would you like to use the singing to distract yourself from the effects described in the bottom of the post as well? That's my read of the post, just making sure!
Yes, please! Dreamy is doing this in part to boost her own spirits (or at least not get them to lag down in the first place). Besides Dreamy expressing herself honestly, what is that if not a distraction? =)

Last edited:
So we were all just in and around the Whitefeather Manor when this took place? All of us were separately doing her own thing? Or is this before we arrived at the Manor?

I'm trying to figure out what our characters reasonably know.

So we were all just in and around the Whitefeather Manor when this took place? All of us were separately doing her own thing? Or is this before we arrived at the Manor?

I'm trying to figure out what our characters reasonably know.
You have all been at the Manor for months. You wouldn't recall doing anything specific that would explain anything - you were mostly doing your own thing as usual, you think? The exception to that is Thomas, since Cap'n wrote how he was surprised outside - which wasn't planned, but works too well for the story to not let it happen like that. You all spent your last few days in relative proximity to the Manor - not further than a day trip away, at most. And, since it is Roots, there were no special happenings beforehand. Dreamy wouldn't recall the exact moment when she entered the fog. That probably doesn't help a ton, does it? Pretty sure the next post will offer a few answers, but let me know if there are more questions I can answer beforehand!

Dreamy wouldn't recall the exact moment when she entered the fog. That probably doesn't help a ton, does it? Pretty sure the next post will offer a few answers, but let me know if there are more questions I can answer beforehand!
That provides enough for me to go on.

I don't need the exact moment; I just wanted to know what each of the PCs knew upon entering the fog. Things like were we together? Were we all doing something in common at the same time ("Dang it! They said don't drink the river water! Now look what we've done!" or if Jay doesn't mind me borrowing his terrific line for the sake of everyone's amusement:

"How in the world did I get dragged into this mess?"

Just change "I' to "we."). =)

Well, maybe there is a freshwater lake around. Or a lake of honey. That would be something to see,
Is anyone else just tickled by Fidgit? =)

She's also now putting on her filter scarf ("Filter scarf: Made of heavy material, this scarf filters out dust, sand, smoke, and other airborne contaminants. When worn over your nose and mouth, this scarf grants you a +1 resistance bonus on saving throws against inhaled poisons and other airborne effects that require breathing."
Oh! Good thinking! Now I want one. =)

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Just checking real quick since I didn't make it really clear at all - still getting used to be back on this side of a story, I reckon. Thomas has the option to continue his investigation with detect magic, if he so chooses. There is also an additional effect caused by the fog that he could try to withstand. Does any of this change his action?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back