• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice The Shattered Soul - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Falls through the ceiling
stands up, dislodging rubble and brick dust from fur
goes and sits down, daring anyone to comment on the hole in the ceiling.

Captain Hesperus

Being a fellow cat who understands that his kind must follow a level of decorum, begins grooming away any missed rubble and dust from Cap'n's fur.

While saying nothing. =)

cat grooming GIF

But you can still hear the purring as he's doing the grooming. =)

Hey jaydude jaydude , I think your character's hit points are a tad off. If you get a d8 per level, and another +1 from your Con bonus, you should have a total starting out of 9 points, not 8.

Also, jaydude jaydude ? If Rogue is Rodrik's Favored Class, did he put his Favored Class point into Skills or an additional Hit Point?

It doesn't appear to have been used, that Favored Class point.

EDIT: This still cracks me up! =) ("Yeah, I try to be a bit more charming than the average dwarf. I blame it on living among them for most of my life.")

Good catch, Dann - pretty sure it's not in there yet.

At a glance, all that's really missing from my perspective are the saving throws (ref +4,fort +1,will +2), the two other ac values (touch/flat-footed are 12 each, I believe) and combat maneuver defense (12). Plus it'd be helpful for me if you can put your perception Modifier (+6) somewhere.

Silanon Silanon Might I recommend Initiative too? That's something I think you'll want handy.

jaydude jaydude You're also owed a bonus language for high Intelligence.

"Languages: Dwarves begin play speaking Common and Dwarven. Dwarves with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following languages: Giant, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, Terran, and Undercommon."

And you've a Skill spent in Linguistics for a total of five languages:

1. Dwarven
2. Common
3. Intelligence Bonus
4. Linguistics
5. Thieves' Cant (from being a Rogue - your Rodrik and Psychie's Amber will share that secret language unless Sil's running it differently).

Time for bed. Night, friends! =)

Sweet Dreams Cat GIF by good-night

Alrighty, thanks for adding those values - makes it easier for me to quickly take a look. Dann's right that you have open languages, so it'd be good if you could add your choice of them as well - just in case that you run into something that requires another tongue. Of the languages that Dann listed, I wouldn't recommend picking up Giant or Terran; the others will find use at some point or another, I'm pretty sure.

And following Dann's advice, can you add the initiative to the combat stats as well?

After that, we should be ready to go, I believe; if something's missing on any of the sheets, I let you folks know and we fix it real quick. Not like things are too hard to figure out just yet. I'll see if I can get some typing done later!

5. Thieves' Cant (from being a Rogue - your Rodrik and Psychie's Amber will share that secret language unless Sil's running it differently).
Can you recheck if this is a thing in your rulebook? I can't find it in mine, and it's not listed on AoN either. For me, it's clear that at least Amber will know more about communication among thieves, but I'm not sure if it's an official thing in Pathfinder.

I know that Theves Cant can be taken as a starting Trait in Pathfinder. I don't know if it comes as a free language for a rogue or not.

Might be one of those things where the older versions of DnD and Pathfinder differ; or I'm looking in the wrong place, and Dann can point me in the right direction. Either way, Jay gets to pick up two languages, at the very least.

Okay. And how do you calculate initiative here again?

It's just the dexterity modifier, so +2 in your case; there are feats etc. for it, but that's for later.

Might be one of those things where the older versions of DnD and Pathfinder differ; or I'm looking in the wrong place, and Dann can point me in the right direction. Either way, Jay gets to pick up two languages, at the very least.
Silanon Silanon jaydude jaydude Whoops! That's Dungeons and Dragons, not Pathfinder. That's also decades of playing Dungeons and Dragons working against me (I am so very used to Druids and Thieves/Rogues having their own secret languages). =)

Well, I have the same issue with Pathfinder 2e at the moment - had to stop myself from adding proficiency bonuses and the like to the different saves, just because it felt so natural... life is hard when systems are too similar...

Right? All in all, I think it is terrific in that you can take what you want, discard what you don't want, and develop your game from there (I am paraphrasing Bruce Lee). =)

Alrighty, folks - let's just start like this, and see where it leads, shall we? Just got the first post up, so we're not just a character creation thread anymore. Hope y'all enjoy your stay and the journey! If there are any questions, just lemme know.

Silanon Silanon I have since edited my post. The tone and feel of the original weren't quite right to me. This is a lot closer. (In case you've read it in the past few minutes.)

Might be a while before I can post; late right now, and busy day tomorrow.

No worries from this player, Jay! I hope you have a good supper and sleep for tomorrow's busy day. =)

Just read the IC post, and kudos for a odd beginning. At least we aren't in the 'you are in a tavern and hilarity ensues' trope. This is a puzzler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back