Story The Shadow|Updates weird

BasilOwO

Tell me a story, a story of lovers and friends..
I ran, skidding in the mud. I could hear the vampires, faster than the average human but of course that was the form I had taken, much to my regret. If I was my wolf, a savage beast that was made to kill vampires and really any supernatural being, I would have been able to take them out. But in this moment I was too weak. I leaped over a ditch, only to be knocked out of the air. Stunned I looked up to see the vampire leaning over me, fangs bared. “Well, well, ain’t this a cutie. I wish Boss didn’t want her alive.. then maybe she could be a treat.” he growled, red eyes focused on me. How he found me cute was a mystery, after all I was covered in mud, with my t-shirt half ripped. I felt the tug of his hands as he pulled me to my feet. My wolf howled, wishing to be let out, and in any other circumstance I would have. He signaled to one of the other vampires, and before I had time to react, there was a silver collar strapped around my neck. The stupid vampires, silver dosen’t kill werewolves, however it does weaken them, and I felt my legs slacken, which honestly was uncomfortable. I watched one of the vampires look at me, pity brimming his gaze. As if he was sorry for what was to come. With a harsh tug, the vampires led me away.

We reached the entrance to what looked like a city about an hour later, “hurry up mutt.” The closet vampire growled. I turned, growling, “blood sucking son of a bitch.” This irked him, as I felt a sharp pain in my side. I yelped, “mutt.” The vampire said, “what did I say? Boss wants her alive, dumbass.” The lead vampire, the one who had knocked into me, snarled. I heard the vampire mutter something, only to be tugged into the city a second later. Vampires of all sizes turned to stare at me. I mean I must’ve looked out of the ordinary, what with all the mud covering my body. Plus they probably smelled the wolf, which I was perfectly fine with. What I wasn’t fine with was that the vampires so called boss was The leader of The Shadow, one I had met only once before. She was dressed in a suit, black and orange hair gelled to one side. I growled, “let her go.” She ordered. The vampires did as told, unhooking the silver collar, before handing it to her. “I’m sure you know who I am?” She asked, looking me up and down. “ No… the only thing I know is your an asshole, making me wear silver. That’s a sin, especially since it doesn’t even hurt us.” I said, smirking. “Oh, I know that. I’m sorry for those idiots. Their the best trackers I have and well I’m sure you know of a Mallow.” She asked, head tilting. “Well duh. That’s my sister.” I growled, something I had been doing a lot of. “Very well then, come on.” She said, stalking off. I scampered after her, my bare feet leaving muddy footprints on the marbled floor. She stopped in front of a tall oak door, opening it. I took the room in, seeing a bed, bedside table, walk in closet and a room that I assumed was the bathroom. “Yo, kid, ya there?” She asked, silver eyes focusing on me. “Uh, yeah..” I said, “well, let’s get ya something to wear.” She murmured, walking to the closet. Opening it, she disappeared inside, only to appear again with a button up and slacks. “Here.” She said, tossing them to me. I grabbed them, stalking to the bathroom, where I quickly changed out of my muddy clothes. As I stepped out, I found the vampire sitting, legs crossed. “I don’t trust people I don’t know the name of.” I said, watching her carefully, “well, I wouldn’t either. It’s not something I’d do first thing in the morning. After all, I wouldn’t expect you to, your a wolf, and well I’m a vampire.” I growled at her words, “Just tell me your name.” She looked at me, golden eyes narrowed, “Broken. My name is Broken.” I turned my head, as if to say really, that’s your name? However, I never said this aloud, if only to keep my head. “If you wish to see your sister, I suggest you follow me.” She said, standing. I shot past her, only to be stopped by a muscular vampire. “And who are you?” He asked, fangs glistening. I whimpered, scrambling back. “An unchained mutt isn’t welcome inside here. Leave or face the consequences.” He growled. “Nerø, leave her alone.” Broken called, catching up with me, “but Broken, she’s a wolf, I smell it. It’s absolutely revolting.” He growled, “yes, and it’s a smell your going to have to get used to.” She told him. He glared at me, lips pulled back in a snarl. “Can’t you just lock it up in the dungeon or something?” He asked, turning back to Broken. She shrugged, “That’s not up to me. Plus we’re going to see her sister, Mallow.” She said, shoving past the other vampire. The boy looked at me, arms crossed. “If you think you’ll be welcome here, think again. Your mistress might like your kind, but I sure as hell don’t and you will leave, dead or alive.” He promised, stalking past me. I gulped, scampering after Broken, glancing back, as if to make sure he wasn’t following us. “Don’t take notice of Nerø, he Justs tries to act intimidating, but truthfully he’s a sweetheart.” She told me, smiling to herself. “But..” I paused, before continuing, “is it true that he doesn’t like werewolves?” I asked, scanning the hallway. “For the most part.” She answered, “what’s that supposed to mean?” I asked, “Alright, listen. Nerø used to have a best friend, he was a werewolf. Most of the kingdom didn’t approve of one of the strongest vampires having friends in a mutt. At first neither did I, but soon I grew to approve of him. After a while, Nerø began to form feelings for him, only to realize he was already with another vampire, the same one that untied you.” She looked at me, before going on, “He was devastated, and out of selfishness he tried to kill Jeremiah, however said werewolf leaped in, stopped him and refused with great sorrow to return. This was all a few years ago, in which I presume you left your home.” She finished. I blinked, looking at the much shorter girl. “So your saying that.. a werewolf trotted in here, got smitten with a vampire of yours and that jerk didn’t like it?” I asked, “that about sums it up, yes. Poor Allen, he left with so many wounds. Broke Jeremiah’s heart, but he knew damn well what would’ve happened if he fell in love with that wolf. But I sent him on his way with a promise. The day we find Mallow’s sister he could return, and well he’s here. Probably why Nerø’s pissed. I mean, so many werewolves are going to be here tonight, so I wouldn’t blame him.” As she finished we stopped in front of a large door, where I presumed the ‘event’ was going to take place. “Do be careful.” She warned, opening the door. I gasped, taking in the room. Of course there were a bunch of vampires, some I had seen on the street and some I hadn’t seen. “Your sister won’t be here for a bit, so I recommend you start making friends.” Broken told me, before walking off. I pushed through the crowd, looking for something to do. That was until I was grabbed, the culprit growling, “oh mother fucking son of a biscuit.” I cursed, pulling my arm away. “What’s a wolf like you doing here?” The vampire asked, with an accent I couldn’t quite place. “Well, answer me. Or I’ll have her highness chop your head off.” He threatened. When I still didn’t answer, he pushed me to the ground. I saw Broken’s head snap towards us, as the vampire advanced. Before he could get any closer, I saw a flash of purple and he was pulled away. “Get away from her, Bartholomew.” The said person growled, and with a jolt of happiness I heard my sister’s voice. The said vampire, Bartholomew backed away, “Yes your majesty.” He muttered, scrambling away. I had realized the commotion had drawn a crowd, and slowly got to my feet. My sister took one look at me, before sighing. “Your okay, Right?” She asked. I gave her a brisk nod, rubbing my neck. “Yeah, no thanks to you.” She snorted, “he really would’ve had Broken kill you. A kingdom of vampires is never a safe place to be, no matter who runs it. I recommend you stay safe when I leave, understood?” She asked, to which I nodded. Broken had gotten to our side, watching the vampire with malice, “he always tries to kill whoever isn’t a vampire. Do take note that he will be forbidden from entering the kingdom again.” She promised, scanning the area. “Are you Alright?” She asked, hands folded behind her back. “Define alright, because physically yes, mentally I’m a little shaken.” I told her, “Great, well I really am sorry about him.” She sighed, looking away. “Needle!” I heard someone call, to which I turned. There, walking toward me was someone I never thought I’d see again. The last time I had seen Natalie she had been just a pup, but now she was eleven and as cheerful as ever. I engulfed the smaller wolf in a hug, “Miss me?” I asked. “Yep, plus, you promised to teach me how to hop from tree to tree.” She muttered. “Yeah, I will. How long do you guys plan on staying?” I asked, turning back to Mallow. “About a week, let you have some bonding time with Natalie and for Allen to Jeremiah, if only to get back on the friend level.” She said, cocking her head to the side. I smiled, before looking at Broken, “um, well I did promise the kid I’d take her tree jumping.. can I go?” I asked, “I suppose, but allow me to come with you. Mallow, did Natalie bring anything, appropriate for acts?” She asked my sister, who smiled, “of course. When she heard Needle was going to be here she packed, and was ready to go in under an hour.” She said. “Impressive.” I turned back to Natalie, “Um, yeah, let’s go change.” I looked at Broken, who signaled for me to go on ahead. I flashed her a smile, before scampering away, Natalie close behind. I stopped outside Broken’s room, which was being guarded by the vampire I had met this morning. “Well, well, back again? And with another mutt? That’s just disappointing, I thought that maybe you’d be able to fight me by yourself, but I suppose you need a kid to help you. How low are you?” He asked, thrusting me backward. I growled, allowing my nails to grow out. I looked at Natalie, who was staring at me in fear, of course she would, my eyes had gotten a shade darker as I leaped at the brute. He knocked me out of the air, and I smashed into the wall. I looked at Natalie, who was petrified with fear, before stumbling to my feet. I shook my head, clearing away my dizziness. Taking a deep breath, I leaped, more aware than before. He swung to knock me out of the air, only to hiss when I dug my claws into his arm. I heard footsteps and turned to see Mallow, Broken and two others that I had never met before. I could tell one was a spell caster of some sort, as she muttered a spell, the other was something I couldn’t place. He slammed me into the wall, and I felt bones crack with sickening snaps. I layed there, whimpering. Both Natalie and Mallow had rushed to my side, while said spell caster finished her spell, tying invisible chains around the vampire. He fought against his restraints, still trying to get me. “Nerø, What the hell is the meaning of this?” Broken asked. Nerø froze, staring at my mangled body and then to the two people leaning over me. “Well, answer me. You think it’s okay to attack someone who shall be living in the kingdom, and if you don’t have a good reason I can exile and forbid you from entering the kingdom again.” Broken growled. Nerø’s eyes widened, as if that was the worst possible thing to happen,” I thought the mutt wasn’t aloud in your room.” He muttered. Broken sighed, rubbing her face. “Nerø just go.” She growled. Said vampire stalked off, shooting glares at the crowd. Mallow looked at my wounds, before lifting me off the ground. The button up I was wearing had been ripped, and dark bruises started to appear around my rib cage. I looked at Natalie, who was still staring at me. Without thinking, I reached over, grabbing her hand. She smiled softly, before looking away. “Your ribs should heal quickly, right?” The spell caster asked, “yeah, they should..” I muttered. “Well, I’m Hidden, and that quiet nymph over there is Hollow, pleasure to meet ya.” The spell caster, Hidden said, smiling. Mallow was glaring at Broken, as if blaming her for this. Of course it wasn’t her fault, it was that brutes.. but I was too tired to say anything about it. Mallow put me down, much to my discomfort, however my ribs weren’t screaming anymore. Natalie rushed to my side, giving me a hug. “Careful, kiddo. Won’t want to hurt her.” Hidden called. She had been fixing the wall, as it had cracked when I slammed back first into it. She looked worried, and I could tell my sister wanted to talk to Broken. “Erm, Mallow, why don’t you go talk to Broken.. see if you can do anything about it.” I muttered. And please don’t murder her. I thought to myself. Mallow rubbed her eyes, nodding. She walked off, Broken at her heels. “Well, why don’t we go introduce you to some of the others?” Hidden offered. I looked at her eyes narrowed, “others?” I asked. She nodded, “I promise they aren’t like Nerø, plus it’ll be good to see a new face within our little group. And it’ll take our minds off of that attack.” She said, and Hollow gave a nod. I looked at the rather tall nymph, who gave me a weary smile. I smiled back, rubbing my sides. “Y..yeah, Needle let’s go with them!” Natalie begged. I sighed muttering an “okay.” before following them. They lead us down corridors Broken hadn't had the chance to show me, and I took it all in, figuring that if I was to live here that I might as well get used to the decorations of the place. However it was mildly different from where I used to live, as it was a lot bigger in size. Once we got to our designation they paused. “Just a fair warning, once we go in all focus will be on you two so please don’t flip out if you get asked questions.” Hidden warned, opening the door. As promised, everyone stopped to stare at us. I gulped, realizing with a jolt of panic that everyone was staring at me. Well I must have looked interesting with my ripped clothes, but that only made it worse and I whimpered. Hollow looked at me, smiling, before turning back to the crowd. The wood nymph made no move to stop the tallest of them, who smelled like a werewolf from limping over. She looked at me eyes narrowed, “Is this Broken’s new pet?” She asked, taking in my bruised and battered form. “Not a pet, rather a friend.” Hidden clarified, “A new friend? I thought Mallow was her only wolf friend, aside from us. And I can tell that this isn’t Mallow.” The girl glared at Hidden, who returned it. Instead of allowing the two to argue I spoke up, voice raspy, “well if you count the fact that I’m her sister..” I paused when there were a few gasps. “Your that missing werewolf, aren’t ya?” The girl asked, a smile making it’s way to her lips. “Well missing isn’t really what I would call it. Rather not wanting to be in a pack anymore, something new. Plus I’ve been counted dead by many, since well I’ve been missing for almost two years now.” I answered, tone sarcastic. The girl gave me a look, before stepping back, “Then it is only fair that I allow you into our pack, I know it isn’t much, just a bunch of us that live in the town down under the kingdom, but it’s a group a lot of us call home.” She said, before walking off. “Who was that?” I asked, “That’s Numb, her parents died a few years back, and what she said is true, however you’ll be the only one living in the palace, as I fear Broken won’t let you go into town without one of us there. However Broken just wants to protect as do the rest of us. Word does get around fast in this kingdom, which was how I knew where you were. I didn’t harm Nerø, I just weakened him, and maybe I’ll teach ya one day, but I really must be going, see ya!” And with that she was gone. I looked around, sighing. Maybe I would get used to living here, but only time would tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back