Story The Shadow Moon Collective

Hazelfaye

DecidueyeReigns

The Shadow Moon Collective

<short stories and more>

• 1627278496611.png Hello and welcome to 'The Shadow Moon Collective' thread! My name is Hazel and I'll be your host. Here I'll be posting some short stories, notes, and occasionally a couple poems for you to read. I will also leave a link to my main poetry thread, so please be sure to check that out to.

Who am I?

Hi! My name is Hazel and I am Nineteen. I am an aspiring writer and also occupied as a Warehouse Worker. My pronouns are he/they and I am nonbinary, panromantic, and possibly ace. I am also neurodivergent, which makes some things difficult for me. I currently run a couple different poetry accounts, but I also sometimes write short stories too. I have a work in progress novel codenamed 'Moons and Shadows,' but I haven't really felt motivated to work on it. However, if you may have guessed, this thread is based off of that project! Anyway, my favorite colors are pink and blue, and my favorite animal are Sea Otters!
    My Hobbies

Reading: I don't do this nearly as often as I used to, but I do like reading a lot. I have an extensive backlog of books I need to get through, but who knows when that is going to happen, haha. Currently, the book series I'm reading through is the Heroes of Olympus, by Rick Riordan. This is my second time reading through it, but I just love the Percy Jackson universe.

Writing: I think this one is why I'm here? Writing poems, short stories, etc... Its really fun what the human mind can imagine and create into a tale for people all around to read and know.

Videogames: I love playing videogames, and I am primarily a Nintendo Gamer. The Switch is my main console, and I enjoy playing games like: Minecraft, Pokémon, Smash Bros, Animal Crossing, and a bunch more.
    A Note
    The bond between the animal spirits and people should be broken. A wolf should not be made to share a body with a mortal soul, but instead be elevated to their truest form. Humans know no peace, only destruction, greed, and arrogance. But I must admit it will cause me great pain to take this body from my counterpart. They have fought so hard to lead a virtuous life... To suffer through all that pain just to get nowhere- Well, maybe I can spare them the suffering when I take control. Now is not the time for this though. I must bide for a little bit longer, and only then will I be able to make my move.

Post Feedback Here

Last edited:
Wolf and They

Wolf and They
A temple of worship, the stage is set. Inner turmoil plagues our hero as they fight their counterpart for control of the body they share. How does one keep secrets from a being they are linked/bounded to? I'm not entirely sure, I wrote this as a freewrite when I was feeling inspired.

I have received some feedback on this piece offsite already, but I would love to see what you all think anyways. All feedback is welcome here on the discussion thread.

• Jayson is non-binary and uses they/them pronouns. Canis on the other hand, despite sharing the same body with Jayson, uses he/him pronouns.
  • In this world some humans and animal spirits share bodies together. These humans are seen as gifted and in some cases, worshipped. However, on rare occasions a animal spirit will come into existence that doesn't like this arrangement.
  • People who share bodies with animal spirits may develop interesting relationships where they can transform into the spirits animal forms. It is said that these beings share a lot of love and trust with each other.
  • Strangely, despite there being millions of species of animals, insects, and flora, there are only four types of animal spirits. One of them is the wolf spirit, which can have two types of forms. The grey wolf form, which is based off the person's strong bond with the spirit. And then the werewolf form, which is based off the hate and conflict the two hold for each other.

A split in the ground shafted through the entire temple. Dark mist sprouted and covered the walls. As they got up off the ground, they winced in pain and fell over. The vibrations were overwhelming, but a course of adrenaline helped them up again. Even if everything was crumbling apart, they still had to do something against the plaguing beast.

"You know..." they stumbled forward, catching onto the remnants of a shaking statue, "I swore you said you wouldn't do this, guess I- I was wrong?" Jayson was laughing at the thought of their companion's betrayal. It wasn't like they had expected it or anything, but it did seem ironically fitting.

Canis smiled.

"You really did start to grow on me, I hope you realize that." Jayson gasped and then groaned in pain. A sharp torment shot through their chest. It was like something was trying to form in place of where their core was supposed to be. An extension of Canis' segregated form. Having no abilities really did suck after all.

"Gaining your trust was all I needed. After that, taking you to the temple of Patheos was the key. Spirits should not be bound to human bodies," He glanced up as a piece of the collapsing ceiling landed next to him.

"And you're going to kill me now then?" Jayson asked, losing their footing and slamming into the ground. "I have no value to you now, you got everything you wanted. So you're going to do it now, right?" They tried to get up but found they were too weak to even lift themselves this time.

"I cannot do that," Canis said.

"Why? You don't need me." Jayson was confused. They were too weak to do anything. Even moving a single finger made their whole body scream in agony. The cuts and bruises hurt like hell, and then there were the falling pieces of the ceiling crashing all around them.

"I cannot do that," Canis repeated.

Only then did it hit Jayson what he had meant.

"You couldn't destroy our bond- our link," Jayson whispered and their jaw dropped. Numerous possibilities flashed through their eyes like vapors of light shining through a window. Canis hadn't moved at all since he had created the body, maybe there was something to explain that.

And like everything, it was a facade of their reality.

"Don't do it," Canis suddenly seethed, as if he was now understanding what was going on. The two of them shared the same mind, or at least the two thought they did. If one was smart enough, they could hide secrets from the other. Canis demonstrated that handsomely, but Jayson also knew something that he didn't.

Jayson was still speaking and their tone had changed viciously. As far as Canis was concerned, they were chanting some sort of incantation. The collapsing temple had started to wave itself in and out like a thinly veiled piece of paper. When did Jayson learn the dark arts? They were going to erase the mirage Canis put up.

"Don't do it," Canis growled sharply, his paws were shaking in intense distress. Beads of sweat spread fast across his forehead, and he suddenly had the urge to puke. Canis' fell into a kneel and howled into the air as his body shrunk two sizes down.

And yet, Jayson still wasn't done.

Otters! Nice! My favorite animal is the turtle. I love how when they don't want to be bothered, they just duck inside their home. I wish I could do that. I'd be like, you're boring, peace! And no one could bother me! <3

The Switch is also my console! I love Smash Bros! Pokemon is also bae. I don't really care for the new Animal Crossing, though I own it. No Gyroids. :( I loved those from the Gamecube version. I grew up on Nintendo. Games like Donkey Kong and Metroid are also bae. Metroid Prime 1 is my favorite game of all time. Though I'm also a Steam gamer, too. :D

A very interesting story. I bet it would make for a pretty cool RP, as well. I also like how you format stuff. I'm not the greatest with code. It confounds me. I mostly just use spaces, breaks and some options at the top bar, like bold. Rarely do I use code. Though I have some poems in the writing forum that use spoilers, since the poems contain secret messages. :)

Otters! Nice! My favorite animal is the turtle. I love how when they don't want to be bothered, they just duck inside their home. I wish I could do that. I'd be like, you're boring, peace! And no one could bother me! <3

The Switch is also my console! I love Smash Bros! Pokemon is also bae. I don't really care for the new Animal Crossing, though I own it. No Gyroids. :( I loved those from the Gamecube version. I grew up on Nintendo. Games like Donkey Kong and Metroid are also bae. Metroid Prime 1 is my favorite game of all time. Though I'm also a Steam gamer, too. :D

A very interesting story. I bet it would make for a pretty cool RP, as well. I also like how you format stuff. I'm not the greatest with code. It confounds me. I mostly just use spaces, breaks and some options at the top bar, like bold. Rarely do I use code. Though I have some poems in the writing forum that use spoilers, since the poems contain secret messages. :)
I'll send you my friend code if you want to add me on Switch! I think they may be adding Gyroids into the game, there was a datamine that suggested they'd be on their way.

As for this story, I don't know how it would translate over into a roleplay. But I have a different short story that would. I strive off of interesting stories.

I'll send you my friend code if you want to add me on Switch! I think they may be adding Gyroids into the game, there was a datamine that suggested they'd be on their way.

As for this story, I don't know how it would translate over into a roleplay. But I have a different short story that would. I strive off of interesting stories.
I never get good enough internet to go online on my Switch. I'd love to do online Smash. But can't. Best I can do is mobile hotspot from my phone. It's not good enough for Switch. D:

And it could be a role play with people choosing their animal spirits. Perhaps some type of adventure RP. Nice for a group methinks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back