• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

4scorelightnings

𝐭𝐞π₯ β˜…
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

Map:The Seven Kingdoms Map.jpg
In a world where magic runs rampant, so it is that darkness has formed because of it. Although there are many who use magic for the good of things, there are many magical creatures and humans alike that use it against others, greedy for power or money. Because of this, a dark alliance of Dark Masters, as the dark magic bourn are called, has spread across the kingdoms.

Kingdoms are beginning to separate within themselves, groups of people what side to take, who to support, how to act about this darkness spreading. Dwarves, elves, humans, wizards, and endless numbers of other mythical creatures realize there is an even greater force, bigger than any mortal being, that is said to have caused this chaos. This immortal soul's followers have been showing up more frequently, attacking a many and killing many others.

The creature called Destineit has for told a prophecy full of grief and loss for the seven kingdoms, telling them if they do not do something about this darkness spreading, it will soon take over the kingdoms, separating the people and destroying it forever. That immortal soul, that powerful god, is really the choices that beings are choosing to make as more are bourn with magic in them.

Each kingdom has a different take on this, and although most are relatively at peace, most royal families are unwilling to be vulnerable enough to trust wholly unto every other kingdom in order to fight the power to stop his from darkness spreading.

Mentions:

Church418 Church418 Jel.XP Jel.XP Jess Buck Jess Buck PhantomSamurai PhantomSamurai FloweryMuffin FloweryMuffin Avari Avari Aravini Aravini Amaris Echo Primrose Amaris Echo Primrose Katsuya Katsuya Jabroni Jabroni

Last edited:

Sir Tribius Von Ulric

Outside of the castle, in the Upper district

Castle Baltimore was a sight to behold. A gleaming structure that stretched to the sky atop a large hill that was just shy of being labeled a mountain. Visible for miles beyond, it was a beacon of hope, prosperity, and safety for all with whom it deemed as a friend. A single road, large and wide, paved with golden borders, ran down the center of the Capital which branched off into multiple smaller roads and connected all the districts. This road was designed to accommodate all who would travel upon her, but it was never designed for what was happening on this day.

The streets were frantic with movement. Shoulders brushed against shoulders and families held each other tightly as they moved so as not to lose each other in the chaos. Knights stood guard among the entrances to each district, stoic and professional, never wavering from their duty. Long lines of refugees stood anxiously behind various makeshift booths as army soldiers directed them to temporary housing and food distribution centers. Mages from the magi brigade came to and from the castle; some reporting to the exterior perimeter to assist with defensive wards, others returning to the castle with their minds and bodies exhausted from hours of work. Archers stood watch on the various guard towards, vigilantly scanning for the various threats that now faced the city.

On the main road, people made way for the towering knight that all in the city had come to know as Sir Tribius von Ulric. Even those not familiar with man gazed up at him in awe of his gleaning silver and cobalt armor and the comfort his presence brought. After all, what could defeat such a man as this? Tribius was not headed to the castle, not yet. He had another task he needed to attend to. He entered the upper district which was reserved for knights, mages, and their families. The two knights posted at the entrance stood to attention and brought their right arms across their chests in salute. "Against all odds!" they shouted the knight's famous motto. Tribius returned the salute and provided the standard, "We will defend!" in response. Tribius entered the district and immediately saw a familiar face. "Heather!" he called out grabbing her attention. "Where's Dorothy and Ashlyn?"

Heather smiled and briskly walked towards him, she was a good friend of his wife. "Tribius its good to see you," she said, paused to ask him what in the world was going on, but decided to simply answer his question instead. She placed a hand on him, knowing he wasn't going to take what she was about to say well. "She went to the marketplace, to assist in the food rationing efforts." Tribius exhaled in frustration, placed an armored hand on his helmet and took a step back to think. He didn't want her down there, it was dangerous. Huge crowds of people that were scared and prone to violence. He didn't have time to travel all the way to the marketplace. He had to get to the King immediately. Heather approached him from behind and placed a hand on his armored back. "I'm heading down there now to help her, and my husband is just outside the marketplace warding the walls," she said with calm. "We will look after her and your daughter."

Tribius turned, still unsatisfied, but grateful to Heather nonetheless. "Thank you Heather, let her know I will go to her the second I am able." Heather smiled and continued out of the district. Tribius watched her leave until she was out of sight and then turned his eye towards the castle. He refocused his mind to consider his priorities. The King, his Daughters, and the defense of the country. Tribius continued down the main road and climbed the large stone stairway, covered in cobalt silk, that led to the castle doors. The knights at the door greeted him with the salute and motto, then quickly opened the doors for him. A member of the King's staff was at the entrance waiting for him. "Knight General, the King as convened an emergency gathering of his top advisors and representatives. Follow me."

Tribius followed the man into the Kings large bed chambers. Around him stood an assortment of high ranking men and women of various professions and backgrounds. Closest to the King were his two daughters, Octavia and Rosaline. Tribius made eye contact with Rosaline and removed his helmet, softening his expression, and gently nodding towards her. Octavia stood next to Rosaline, her mouth straight with a grim expression and deep in thought. She glanced over towards Tribius, her bronze and crimson face-covering hiding her terribly scarred eyes. She couldn't see him, but instantly recognized the sound of his armor and the aura of his presence. Nodding to him, she acknowledged his presence.

"Tribius" the King rasped weakly, motioning for him to come to the side of his bed, opposite his daughters. Tribius' footsteps gently shook the tables and furnishings around the room. He knelt down next to the King and took his hand. A moment of silence passed between them as they looked in each other's eyes. They were lifelong friends and had experienced much together. The King retained his confident demeanor despite everything that was happening, but Tribius could sense his anxiety. So much was happening so fast and he didn't want to leave the country or his daughters in this state. Tribius broke the silence. "What will you have of me, your majesty?"

Jess Buck Jess Buck

[/Column][/Row]

Prince Lyle James Evergreen of The Everglades

It had been a busy morning in the castle, but then again it always seemed to be busy these days. There was much going on not just in The Everglades but all around the world. There had been reports of people going mad because of some "Darkness". Lyle himself wasn't too familiar with dark magics and the sort. He honestly wasn't too great with the magic he already possessed, let alone powerful dark magic. But from the rumors and gossip around court, this "Darkness" was nothing good. However Lyle's morning started out just like any other. He awoke to a servant opening his curtains to let in the morning sun, and a basin filled with warm water with witch to clean his face. The same servant helped him find clothes to wear and gave him his schedule for the day. He had a few meetings in the morning with his father after breakfast, and then it was off to the training grounds for some training with the general himself. It wasn't often that Lyle got to train with the general. He mostly worked with the palace guards or the captain of the guard. There must be something special about today for the general to be training him. After training it would be time for lunch, and then he had a few hours to spend to himself before he had more meetings in the afternoon. Then dinner, and the rest of the night was his to do with as he pleased. An uneventful day it seemed. Lyle was on his way towards the dinning hall for breakfast now, ready to start his day. He smiled at a few courtiers as he confidently strode down the halls of his home. Quite a grand home it is, to live in a castle. The Everglades Palace was a giant structure that had been build thousands of years ago by the first kings and queens of the kingdom. The stone was sturdy and carved by hand. Each individual detail had a story, and Lyle had learned them all. Or at least most of them. He was proud of his kingdom and proud to call himself it's heir. He looked adoringly upon the walls of the castle and smiled, a warm smile. It seems as though today, would be a good day.

Princess Rosaline Miriam Baltimore "The Compromiser" of Baltimore

Rosaline awoke with a start from a nightmare. Darkness overtook her beloved home and the people around her turned against one another. Her own sisters fighting each other for dominance, her father, dead and unable to help her. The one person she could always rely on, Sir Tribius, now turned his back on the royal family and cared only for himself. Rosaline held her hand to her chest and did her best to calm her breathing. It was just a dream...only a dream... She repeated to herself. Just as she was about to get up to see how early, or late it was, a shy servant girl came into the room and smiled at Rosaline. She gave the princess a polite curtsy before scurrying about to open curtains and fill water basins. Rosaline's dream quickly faded from her mind as she began to get ready. She washed her face and did her hair, and before she knew it, she was back in high spirits. The sun was very bright today, it would be a good day for some gardening if she could get the chance. She got ready in silence, as she did every morning, and it seemed this servant was newer as her signing was sloppy and slow. But Rosaline didn't mind, she smiled and encouraged the young girl, helping her along the way. It wasn't long after the princess had finished getting ready when Molly came in with a message. Her father had summoned her, her sisters, and his trusted advisors to his chambers. Rosie's heart dropped. Something in her heart knew that something terrible had happened. She only hoped that her father's condition hadn't gotten any worse. She and Molly left her own chambers and began the walk to the King's Chambers.

It did not take long for the two to get there, and once in the room they found Octavia and a few advisors. It seemed not everyone had arrived yet. She greeted everyone with a polite nod and a quick greeting. (In sign of course)
"Good Morning Everyone." As Rosaline signed, Molly spoke, and as other's spoke to Rosaline, Molly signed their responses. As much as Rosaline hated to admit it, Molly was good at her job. Annoying, but good. Rosaline took her place next to Octavia, at her father's bedside. She took her father's hand and gave it a squeeze before signing to him. "How did you sleep father? Are you doing well?" Alexander smiled up at his youngest daughter. How proud he was of the woman she had grown to be. She was smart, kind, and loyal to her kingdom. Of course he was proud of all of his daughters, but he had always had a soft spot for Rosaline. He felt a need to protect the sickly child after what had happened to her at such a young age.
"I slept well, my dear, thank you for asking." He signed to her, he didn't want to worry her...or at least...not yet. Satisfied with her father's answer, Rosie then turned her attention to Octavia. She linked arms with her sister and squeezed her hand. She began to slowly sign in her palm, but Molly translated anyways, just in case the eldest Princess missed a word or two.
"And how did you sleep Octavia?" Rosaline was obviously avoiding the elephant in the room, the reason why King Alexander summoned everyone to his chambers. She did not want to know yet. She wasn't sure she wanted to know at all.

Princess Tamara Louise Baltimore "The Warrior" of Baltimore

Tamara had woken up before the sun even kissed the horizon. She had dawned her armor and headed to the training grounds to get a bit a training in before sunrise but found the barracks in a state of disarray. Apparently, there had been a large Naga invasion, and everyone had to be evacuated from their homes, and to take shelter within the walls of the capital. Tamara had abandoned the idea of training and was now in the streets of the capital, trying to help direct traffic and calm the nerves of her people. While her exterior was calm and collected, inside she was enraged. Again, the Naga stroke, and again, they forced these people, her people, out of their homes. When would this nonsense end? When would the damn creatures move on and find a new target? Tamara had never seen the capital in such a state. People were anywhere and everywhere, just trying to find a place to sit and collect themselves after the horrors they no doubt had faced. Tamara's heart broke as she watched mothers comfort their children, and husbands console their wives. Elderly limping around, barely able to walk after a undoubtedly treacherous trip to the capital. These were her people, and she had no way to help them other than to give them a warm smile and some reassuring words. She would kill those Naga, every last one of them.

The sun had just passed the horizon when a palace guard came rushing to Tamara with a message from her father. He had summoned his daughters and trusted advisors to his chambers to discuss something. Tamara's mind instantly went to worse case scenarios. He was getting worse, the Naga had advanced even further, there was a new attacker from a neighboring kingdom. This day could not get any worse. She sighed and gave the guard a curt nod and followed him back to the palace. Once to her father's chambers, she found her two sisters and almost all of his advisors, save for Sir Tribius who was presumably still in the capital sorting things out. She gave the advisors a curt nod before joining her sisters at her father's side. She took his hand and gave him a respectful bow of her head. The king chuckled at his middle child. He had never expected her to come out the way she did, and yet every day the young woman surprised him. She was strong, loyal, and a true leader. Again, he had nothing but pride in his heart for Tamara.
"Don't be so dramatic Tamara. Honestly." His chuckle grew into a cough and the whole room stiffened as the king held a handkerchief to his mouth as he coughed. Deep concern washed over not only Tamara but Rosaline as well. Tamara settled beside Rosaline, and linked her arm with her younger sister. She signed and spoke, so that both sisters could understand
"Have you heard of what is happening in the capital? I just came from there. Its...its madness..." Rosaline was about to ask her sister what was happening when both of their attentions were drawn to the door. Sir Tribius had entered. Tamara watched as he went to her father's side and took his hand, kneeling before his king. Tamara hoped that one day, she would have a bond that strong with one of her own men. (Or women, we don't discriminate here) The sisters waited to hear their father's response. Why had he called all of them here?

Church418 Church418

Alanya Rey Eloria
The kingdom of Eloria was beginning their day as normal; Merchants were opening their shops, Sorciers were making potions, scholars were beginning to teach lessons. The threat of the "Darkness" was not evident in the action of the people but the fear of may occur weigh heavy in their minds. In the Palace, a servant had begun opening the curtains in Alanya's bedchamber. The young princess groaned as she felt the light on her eyes and proceeded to hid under her covers.
"Princess, you must awaken. Your mother has requested your presence in the dining hall," The servant stated as she pulled out an appropriate gown for her to wear. Alanya sighed as she removed the covers from her face and sat up. She frowned at the servant
"I wanted to eat my breakfast in the palace gardens like I normally do on days like this."
The servant shook her head.
"I know you do but the queen has other plans for you today. Besides your brother returns from the kingdom of Baltimore today." The servant says as she smiles. Alanya smiles widely at the news of her brother's return.

"Why did you not start with such great news. I must hurry," Alanya quickly runs out of bed and prepares herself for the day.

After being made presentable, Alanya hurries to the dining hall only to be immediately scolded by her mother.
"Alanya! Ladies do not run," The queen said sternly. Alanya sighed and looked down and smoothed out the nonexistent wrinkles in her dress.

"Sorry mother,"
She said quietly and continued to her seat and joined her mother for breakfast.
"I wanted to meet with you in order to discuss my search for a potential husband for you," The queen stated as she stirred her tea. Alanya groaned
"Mother you know how I feel about this topic. I am not ready to be married off. I have yet to see the world. I want to learn new things and see so many places. Also, I want to marry someone I choose."
The queen frowned.
"Alanya, you know you cannot choose who you marry. I didn't choose to marry your father and we turned out happy," The queen stated. "This is what we felt would be best for you." Alanya frowned.

"Do not bring Papa into this," She said quietly. "We both know he wouldn't want me to be unhappy," Alanya sighed.
"Your father was too protective of you. For the good of the kingdom.."The queen began to go on but a guard entered the room and announced.
"Prince Reynaldo has been spotted in a surrounding village." The queen smiled.
"Thank you," She said to the servant and dismissed him. Alanya quickly finished her breakfast while avoiding the topic of marriage with her mother and anxiously awaited the return of her brother.

Last edited:
Phillip
"You need to leave" the man said to the large black horse currently standing in his doorway. "Leave? Why? Phillip has done nothing wrong to Phillip so why does Phillip insist that Phillip must leave?" Phillip responded to the man who was also named Phillip. "Not done anything? You have been here a week and have eaten all my hay that was supposed to last a month" Phillip responds to the horse Phillip, "wasn't very good hay Phillip has had a lot of hay and frankly the hay here was mediocre" the horse answers back.

"even so you bit a man on the nose" Human Phillip says, "he said he didn't like hay", "you kicked a woman in the chest", she was blocking some hay", "a small child was hit by a gold coin that flew out of your posterior and now has a sizable dent in their skull", "the hay made me do it Phillip, your hay" the man and horse went back and forth. The man let out a loud sigh and rubbed his forehead "listen Phillip I know you are here for some strange reason that I still don't understand but people think I'm absolutely bonkers because I'm talking to a horse who apparantly no one else can understand" he says staring at the horse phillip who had inched slightly more into the doorway. "Thats not necessarily true others can understand phillip, other phillips can understand phillip and therefore I Phillip must seek out all phillips and tell them about the goodness of hay" the horse answers back inching more into the doorway.

The man groaned he was sick of this horse and how he talked nonsense all it ever was, was Phillip this and phillip that, hay this and hay that. He wished he had never said hello to the stupid thing a week ago but honestly its a talking horse so who wouldn't say hello, "whatever listen its time for you to leave and go somewhere else there's no room for you here anymore now get" he says making a showing motion at Phillip, yet Phillip the horse refuses to budge. The horse instead made his way into the home staring at the human Phillip until the two were almost touching faces "Phillip will leave when Phillip chooses to leave until then Phillip will continue to provide Phillip with hay until Phillip is sated and moves on" he says adding a snort at the end.

Human phillip merely nodded and sighed in defeat "ill bring you more hay" he says dejected "this pleases Phillip" the horse responds backing up out of the house.

Noah.jpg
Name: Noah Allard
Interactions: FloweryMuffin FloweryMuffin

Noah was familiar with the market district of his kingdom. Beggers littered the street, there was constant movement and talking, often there would be those screaming "Thieves!" to runners holding valuable objects they had stolen. He walked through the market with Emilia, going around check to at the many valuable the merchants were selling, though he hoped they were alone. Two armoured guards were following them, they tried to be discreet but their gleaming armour didn't exactly make it easy for them.

He really wanted to be alone with his subjects, but mother and father didn't want to risk their child to wander around without any sort of protection, especially with the rising threat of the darkness. Such idiots.

He smiled at those who greeted him, the people were welcoming to the prince as they truly believed to be one of them. They actually thought he was someone they could identify with. It was almost too easy, making a persona of a prince they could rely on, thinking he actually cared about them like they were in equal footing. Noah sometimes had to force himself from laughing in front of the idiots.

"Things are getting scary you know," Emilia said, leaning on his arms. "There has been a rising threat of the darkness. People feared the kingdom will be attacked soon if nothing was to be done about. It took a lot of effort to convince mother not to leave the kingdom, she wants us to go somewhere safer...maybe she's right."

Hysteria...oh such wonder.

"Don't worry about it Emilia, our kingdom is the safest place to be, this threat is nothing we couldn't handle." He said to her, speaking softly. "We are a kingdom of war and power, I promise you are safe here with us...with me. "

Emilia held close to him. Even though Noah didn't like being touched so much, he needed to let her do it to make him seem more welcoming. "Oh Noah, you always know what to say. You're so smart and kind. You will be a great king."

That is the plan. "That is quite a high praise, but being a king is more something Kresser should do." Ha, now that is a funny joke. Imagine him as a king, it's likely he'll start executing those who won't kiss his ass.

"You seem to really admire your brother. He seems...nice? It's hard to make a judgement sorry, he's not exactly as expressive as you."

That's because he's a selfish idiot. "I see what you mean, he may seem just a mindless soldier, but he does care deeply about the people." As long as they don't question him of course.

"Yeah...whatever you say, Noah."

They continued to walk around the town, visiting markets and such. Noah was willing to pay some things for her in spite of his parent's dismay. They would talk, usually about random things and sometimes about her family's struggle and going back to the darkness rumours. She must have found some deep comfort talking to her problems towards a prince...what fool.

As soon as the afternoon approaches, Noah led her to her home. Her home was near the outskirts of the district. She hugged him, he hugged her back passionately, though his inner self was screaming. Do you not know of personal space, woman!? She then gave the look before going in. The look was something that says "I want you" to him. Usually, it means Noah had succeeded in his plan.

He headed back to the kingdom, the two guards continuing to follow him. He went back inside the castle, satisfied by his quest today. By continually to talk highly about his brother, he seemed more humble and selfless compared to him. Emilia is just one of the many people he goes out with. It was important to have a good reputation around her as her father was respected within the kingdom due to his veteran status. If her daughter continually to talk how humble he was, the old general would likely side with him instead of his siblings. The respected general siding with him means more people would be siding with him

He headed to his room, his guards no longer following him, hoping to get cleaned.

Unfortunately, a familiar face greeted him. Oh god, why did it have to be you?

"Oh hi brother," Noah said, resuming his fake persona. "Didn't expect to see you here. Is there something wrong?"

Kressar’s POV

It truly was a strange day to be, Kressar couldn’t help but think. It was so painstakingly obvious, the overwhelming amount of wariness and exhaustion as they scrambled around the castle. Oddly enough, the weather seemed to reflect their general demeanor as well: a darkening sky, clouds thick with rain approaching them from the east, a slight cold breeze drifting by; the calm before the storm. On top of that, the King had arranged yet another council meeting, which himself and his siblings were supposed to attend.

It must have been an emergency then, if he was expecting even Korite to attend. He saw no reason for her to do so, seeing that she was still just a child and she had no apparent interest in politics.

He had to admit that indeed, their kingdom found itself in a prolonged state of disarray, the threat of the Darkness looming above them like the storm clouds above. It was rather…interesting, the way this Darkness was manifesting. Petty criminals would turn bloodthirsty overnight, as if possessed by some kind of unknown force to commit the most atrocious crimes they could conceive. That’s why they were currently experienced a sudden spike in crime rate, criminal executions almost doubling and suffering more casualties than usual due to the high number of atrocities he had the misfortune of witnessing: a noble’s servant murdering the family he was serving in order to steal their valuables, a gang leader that has been executed recently massacring his own subordinates.

He couldn’t say he cared very much about their faiths. Or about the gloom hanging in the air. Feelings were not foreign to the prince, yet he couldn’t bring himself to think of them beyond perhaps pitying them a little.

More than anything at the moment, Kressar was rather displeased, no traces of it showing outwardly. With the meeting taking place soon, it was left up to him to fetch his siblings, which appeared to held all kinds of grudges on him, without much reason too.

Since he had to pick his siblings up, he might as well start with Noah, who, he was most likely off attempting to charm someone or another, what a peculiar habit he had. Did he not realize how much of a waste of time that was?

Just when he was about to step through the gates, he was greeted by a cheerful voice- which, coincidentally, belonged just to the person he was looking for- Noah. His greeting was met only with a slightly raised eyebrow as he informed him in his usual monotone,

β€œYou have a meeting to attend, have you not? Or were you perhaps too caught up in your escapades to remember? Do try to be more punctual in the future.” β€˜so I don’t have to concern myself with dealing with you’ he did not add.

Korite’s POV

When she came to, she was met with the sound of various objects clattering above her. She was laying down on the stone-cold floor of the chambers which served as the place where they were treating soldiers and court members.

She dully noticed her hands and feet were cold and her back sore from the unpleasant sleeping conditions. How long has it been since she’s been cooped up in here? Two days, three days? Not to mention, she wasn’t as well rested as she would have liked, and she was cranky because of it.

β€œI know you’re awake. You better get to preparing one of the beds because we have someone coming in, already. I hear it’s a sorry one that’d been stabbed by a prisoner whose execution was due.”

From her spot on the ground, she could clearly hear the healer’s stern voice. She rubbed her eyes quietly before sitting up and dusting off her dress and hair. While she didn’t really care what was going to become of the person in question, she had to wonder why were the deities above trying so hard to add to her workload?

β€œPatients again? What is it with the sudden need for blood?” she sighed. She was growing tired of hearing about death and misery constantly, which she’s heard in copious amounts as of recently. After brooding on the subject a while longer, she did as she was told.

Just then, two things happened at the same time: First, the patient the senior healer was talking about was brought in, cuts of varying sizes and depths littering his body. She was too far away to be able to tell whether he was actually breathing or not. As the man was laid down on the bed she had just made, the older healer started preparing ointments and bandages, swiftly telling her to see to the man’s wounds. Korite placed a hand on the man’s shoulder and her other hand above one of the deeper cuts on his abdomen. She watched as the wound slowly closed, the older woman soon joining her and mimicking her actions.

Second, a maid found Korite in the middle of their operation, looking rather pale at the sight of a little girl and a woman hovering over an injured man.

β€œPrincess, you are expected to attend a council meeting.”

The Princess in question didn’t even bother to look at her, or respond, since her concentration was directed strictly to the man before her. The healer woman beside her answered for her after a short moment, not bothering to look at the poor maid either.

β€œShe can’t attend. Just tell whichever prince you run into first deliver her the reports if you must.”

With that out of the way, she heard the maid shuffle away mumbling inaudibly under her breath.

Aravini Aravini

Sir Morien & Prince Arthur
Interactions: Aravini Aravini
Mentions: Jel.XP Jel.XP

"He's getting more wary by the day" Sir Morien thought to himself while stepping out of the Court for the second time that week after hearing a procession from the King. By order of his majesty, they were to enforce earlier curfews, have more rigid interrogations for outsiders entering the kingdom, and have no mercy for thieves or bandits caught within the walls of Pendragon. In an already rigid kingdom, the Darkness was consuming any tolerance it had left. Every day, the winds were getting louder and the clouds more ominous. And every night, the sky was getting darker and darker within the night as if a huge storm was on the way. It blanketed the kingdom in more fear then it already had, and Sir Morien wondered if the other knights felt the same way he did, or even more so Prince Arthur himself.

Through the past moons it was clear that tension was growing. Even after the meeting, the King Harold had made Prince Arthur stay in order to discuss an "important affair." At this time, he liked to look to his comrades in chain metal, the knights of Pendragon. One of his closer friends within the circle was Sir Ulfric, who, on the day they had first met when he had risen to the royal knighthood, had bonded. Spotting him in the mass of knights, courts of the King, and the Prince, he paced quickly to him.
"What do you think of all of this?" he asked him in a mutter that could only be heard by the recipient.

β€’ ~ β€’ ~ β€’

Prince Arthur had already had a long day of training, and hours of meeting and planning more restrictions on the kingdom right after did no help to the exhaustion he felt now. To add to this, his father wanted to speak to him in private, which almost always meant it was something he had to do, and him alone.

"Arthur, these are... pressing times," is how King Harold started it, clapping his hands together awkwardly.

"We are doing everything we can, father," Arthur replied, trying to sound as reassuring as possible.
"It is in these pressing times that... forming alliances are essential in order to be protected from anyone who seeks to overthrow us."

"An alliance, of what kind do you speak of?"
"Very soon I think we are going to prepare for the arrival of the Elorias'. "

"I remember them from childhood."
"It is time we come together, be united as two kingdoms..."
"I-"
"...And Princess Alanya, I hear she has become something of a beauty since the last time our families convened."
Arthur raised his eyebrows, an expression on his face more telling of amusement than anything else.

"Is that so?"
"Oh yes--beautiful, charming, witty... Strategic."
"Strategic?"
"I have always thought so... we have always thought so--that is, her mother and myself. That is, the Queen finds you strategic, not--Princess Alanya."
"She finds me... strategic?"
"Oh yes."
"And beautiful?"

They looked at each other for a second with equal and utter bewilderment before the throne room doors opened and a member of the Court came in quickly with a scroll.
"Urgent news, sire," he said, bowing and handing it to him.
"We will... talk about this later," King Harold said while reading the letter, briefly glancing at Arthur before excusing him.

The Prince exhaled through his mouth quietly in his seat before standing and heading out of the room to join his fellow knights.

Reynaldo Phillip Eloria
Reynaldo road through the village just outside of the palace. He smiled as he arrived at the palace gates, he slowly entered the palace and dismounted his house as he arrived up to the doors.

"Welcome back Prince Reynaldo," A young stable hand said as he was handed the prince's horse.

"Good Morning, Franz," Reynaldo smiled at the boy. "I see your father is letting you take over some of his duties today."

"Yes," The boy said enthusiastically. "He said that I need to start preparing for when I'm older." Reynaldo smiled at the child's enthusiasm. It reminded him of when he first began training for the throne. At first, it was fun, but it quickly became a dreary task as his father grew harder on him.

"Okay but remember to take some time to enjoy your childhood," Reynaldo said as he ruffled the boy's hair and sent him back to the stable with the horse. Reynaldo took a deep breath as he walked into the castle and Charles, the advisor to the throne, was waiting for him at the door.

"Hello Charles," Reynaldo smiled as he walked further into the castle clearly looking for his mother and sister. "How has everything been during my absence?" Charles trails behind Reynaldo trying his hardest to keep with the Prince's fast pace.

"For the most part, it has been peaceful...."
"I sense there is a stipulation coming," Reynaldo said as he stops quickly and turns to face Charles.

"Well you see there have been rumors of some dark magic on the outskirts of one of the villages on the outskirts of Eloria,” Charles sighed. Reynaldo let out the breath he was unconsciously holding.

β€œI was afraid of that,” Reynaldo sighed. β€œHave you spoken to my mother about it?”

β€œYes, he has,” The Queen states as she walked down the corridor over to Reynaldo. He smiles quickly and hugs his mother. β€œI’m glad your back. It seems as though your travels become longer and longer with each trip.”

β€œYes, there was a lot happening in Baltimore. Especially with this darkness going around,” Reynaldo says showing a bit of exhaustion from his travels.

β€œI hope you are not too weary. We must discuss very important matters. This darkness is becoming a much bigger threat and we need allies,” The queen states.

β€œPlease mother. If you are trying to discuss what I think you are. I am not in the mood. You are aware of how I feel about this,” Reynaldo pinches his temples as he sighs. The queen laughs at his reaction.

β€œYou look just like your father when you do that,” She says to him fondly. β€œBut none the less, I have spoken to King Harold and we are both in agreement. The best option for both of our kingdoms would be to unite. And a marriage between Alanya and Arthur would be the best way to go about it,” She said to him. Reynaldo laughed bitterly.

β€œYes, and how do you plan on getting Alanya to agree? The last time we saw Arthur we were still young and if I remember correctly Alanya pushed him into a pond because he questioned her ability to play due to her being a girl.” Reynaldo stated as he held back a smile from the memory of his sister’s temper. β€œApparently, he’s grown arrogant with age. They will not get along at all. Alanya will raise hell before agrees to this marriage,” Reynaldo says matter-of-factly.

β€œLet me handle the arrangement of this wedding. I just need you to not interfere with any of these plans,” The queen said annoyed with her son.

β€œTrust me, mother. You need not worry about me interfering. I want nothing to do with this mess,” Reynaldo states. β€œYou need to worry about what Alanya might do after she hears of her so-called marriage”.

(Mentioned 4scorelightnings 4scorelightnings )

Last edited:
Nell.jpg
Name:Nell Ulfric
Interaction: 4scorelightnings 4scorelightnings

Nell stepped out of the court, wearing his chain armour. It was another day, another meeting, the king ordered them to enforce the kingdom...again.

Moments like these made him feel nostalgic for his younger days when the only thing he had to worry about was making sure no elves, tiefling, whatever low life escaped the guild's grasp. He liked being a Pendragon knight, it was a great honour to serve the king and the kingdom that gave him a new home and a new purpose, but everything was changing too fast. The darkness had been spreading, panic was engulfing the kingdom. Extra work and percussion had been assigned to them, doubt that he was even going to have a good sleep.

"What do you think of all of this?" Sir Morian muttered to him. He never got close to the other knights, at least never at the same level at the people of the guild. They were good people, and he was more than happy to hang out with them, but his relationship was more work comradery than a proper family unit. Sir Morian was an exception though, he was someone to be respected, like a general, and yet he was someone who could understand him. He may look young and untouched by war, but he was someone who could turn the tides of battle. He was someone who Nell considers to be a close friend.

"Well, from what I could guess," He said to him, "Is that some fools unleashed something they shouldn't, perhaps elves medaled with something they shouldn't have and caused a curse upon a land, you know them, so full of themselves that they could think no wrong...well at least that's what I think." He was more open with his prejudice ideas to him. He never really knew what sir Morian thought about his ideas, perhaps he had the same idea or just didn't say much to not upset their relationship." Things are happening too fast and we could barely control it, I doubt keeping people in their houses would stop the looming threat arising. We need to do something about this."

Azeroth

Azeroth made his way down the road that lead to his next destination which was the kingdom of Pendragon. He could surely find some work there as large kingdoms were always having some sort of troubles whether it be beasts or bandits. While he knew most kingdoms had knights to deal with problems Azeroth usually came highly recommended and could usually solve most issues quicker than anyone else. Truth be told he had been on the road to Pendragon for about a week, he could use teleportation magic to get there faster but he ran the risk of someone seeing him appear out of nowhere and magic wasn't allowed in Pendragon nor did he want to out himself as a magic user anyway.

As far as anyone knew he was just a highly skilled and unusually strong mercenary. So on he walked his heavy boots crunching rocks underneath his heels as he saw the kingdom coming into view.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back