• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Sentinels

Rusty of Shackleford

Nine Thousand Club
Hi! So I've been craving something superhero'y after getting into Invincible (great comic, by the way you should read it,) and I want to do something similar to that. A long form, high action original universe with a mixture of light and dark tones. Think, well, Invincible. There could be moments where our characters are fighting supervillains, then getting drunk and stoned off their asses later, and then after that witness horrible atrocities. You know, average superhero stuff! It would follow The Sentinels, a newly formed, UN funded superhero group responsible for handling threats to the world. Superpowers can be from pretty much any origin. Magic, radiation, the like. But the majority of powered humans, known as metahumans (metas, for short,) get their abilities from exposure to Olympium, an incredibly rare, incredibly valuable element that bleeds a unique radiation that can awaken dormant genes in a person's DNA, thus creating metas. Power scaling will start off small, but will eventually get to Justice League/Avengers scale, along with the threats. First it's criminal syndicates, and by the end, secret, world-wide organizations, and maybe even aliens! Because why not? In terms of what I require, it's not much. I'd like everyone to work together, and I'd like everyone to be moderately literate (as in no one liners or things of that matter.) So yeah! Post here to join The Sentinels!

The local branch of my library seemed to be the home location for the Invincible collection, I must have read the first five or so volumes a dozen times! The reveal/fight at the end of the first arc still feels like a punch to the gut, I remember being so shocked!

also, I would def be interested in this- especially if the Sentinels might have need for a less-than-morally-upstanding member who is very tired of having to do as the government wants in order to earn her pardon for past crimes (she was really just an accomplice, and she was a minor and organized crime is small potatoes in this day and age, so they need to get over it). She finds the prospect of putting up with people who wear tights professionally to have become more and more appealing, when the alternative is continuing to live in the incredibly controlled environment of her 'living arrangements' (totally not a prison! according to the guards, at least) and responding to rushed requests for information like she's some sort of search engine that operates on demand

I will admit she is a bit of an a-hole at times, but I think her cynicism could be a good foil to the more idealistic/altruistic motivations of characters like Eddie and Quentin

also, I would def be interested in this- especially if the Sentinels might have need for a less-than-morally-upstanding member who is very tired of having to do as the government wants in order to earn her pardon for past crimes (she was really just an accomplice, and she was a minor and organized crime is small potatoes in this day and age, so they need to get over it). She finds the prospect of putting up with people who wear tights professionally to have become more and more appealing, when the alternative is continuing to live in the incredibly controlled environment of her 'living arrangements' (totally not a prison! according to the guards, at least) and responding to rushed requests for information like she's some sort of search engine that operates on demand

I will admit she is a bit of an a-hole at times, but I think her cynicism could be a good foil to the more idealistic/altruistic motivations of characters like Eddie and Quentin
If ya want to, go ahead!

Sorry about that SomebodyElse SomebodyElse - I'd read the first two character sheets on my phone, and hadn't even thought to check the CS thread again by the time I got home, oops! -_-

I'll try to get my CS in tonight or sometime tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back