• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Colosseum The Semi-Serious Tournament (OOC) [CLOSED]

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Alright, it took me absolutely forever, but I think I'm done in regards to making the character itself. I'll try making a linear version now (just a format change in the spoiler), feel free to wait for that or if you'd like/prefer to check the CS as it is and tell me if there's anything I need to change or clarify with the content. JadeGreen17 JadeGreen17

Since this is a battle royale now, I've decided I'm going to be dropping my own character. I'll set the arena later today.

What do you mean dropping your own character?

Using my own character in the fight. When I was planning a tournament which would have been just two rounds having an even number (four) was a concern of mine. Now that that isn't I can use my own character in this.

Well, you're making a character for a tournament whose rules you decide and where you decide what is or isn't fair play (say, for instance, what hits or works against this or that and what doesn't).

Fair point. Maybe I won't then. Or just make a joke character that's just there to die.

Fair point. Maybe I won't then. Or just make a joke character that's just there to die.
Maybe. Just to be clear I don't have a problem with you making a character per se- I wouldn't be in a roleplay run by someone I couldn't put that much trust in- but it's stil a worry that gets to the back of my head.

I feel like posting something, so here goes.
Personally, I'm not terribly concerned about JadeGreen17 JadeGreen17 having a character in this. You've been seen in action before, so as long as you're not planning on going for the win or anything, there shouldn't be too many issues. Plus it's always nice to have an extra character around.

What I really want to know at the moment is what the arena is going to look like, if that information is going to be available beforehand. Is it big? Does it have obstacles, vantage points, or difficult terrain? And, most important of all, is there a huge crowd cheering us on from the stands?

I feel like posting something, so here goes.
Personally, I'm not terribly concerned about JadeGreen17 JadeGreen17 having a character in this. You've been seen in action before, so as long as you're not planning on going for the win or anything, there shouldn't be too many issues. Plus it's always nice to have an extra character around.

What I really want to know at the moment is what the arena is going to look like, if that information is going to be available beforehand. Is it big? Does it have obstacles, vantage points, or difficult terrain? And, most important of all, is there a huge crowd cheering us on from the stands?

I had some randomized arenas and fight conditions planned. I'm just going to roll for a single arena and fight condition and plop you guys in. I've kinda gotten busy with other RPs, so I decided not to make my own character, but I'll pop in if I feel I need to mediate anything.

I had some randomized arenas and fight conditions planned. I'm just going to roll for a single arena and fight condition and plop you guys in. I've kinda gotten busy with other RPs, so I decided not to make my own character, but I'll pop in if I feel I need to mediate anything.
Could also have a segmented arena, like one with different "zones" each with their own terrain and such

Could also have a segmented arena, like one with different "zones" each with their own terrain and such

I thought about that but it would require me to draw maps, which I wasn't intending to do with a whole bunch of tournament battles being the original plans. That and in text RP its not common for people to always keep the best track of where characters are positioned anyway. Instead there are different conditions that apply to a homogeneous battlefield to help mix things up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back