• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom The Selection - Long Term Roleplay (CLOSED)

Is Hawaiian Pizza a crime?

• Of course, what's wrong with you

Votes: 17 19.3%
  • Nah, it's fine

Votes: 32 36.4%
  • Dude who c a r e s

Votes: 39 44.3%

• Total voters

PrincessMuk

Ace Legend <3
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
*I HAVE CHANGED THIS POST TO SOME VERY BASIC BBCODE SO IT DOES NOT BREAK WHEN THE SITE UPDATES. WE ARE STILL OPEN!*

THE SELECTION ROLEPLAY

• Introduction:

Hello everyone, and welcome to the opportunity of a lifetime!

For generations, Illéa has carried on the tradition of the Selection -- the fun, exciting, and rather provocative competition to win the future King of Illéa's heart. Thirty-five girls are selected from all over the country to come and live in the palace, all pitted against one another to gain the affections of our dear prince. Yet, bonds are made every time, and out of the ordeal comes heartwarming stories that will be told for years to come.

For the upcoming Selection, the King has decided that his son may have contestants of either gender competing to win his heart. So, if you're a sixteen to twenty year old guy or gal who's been yearning after our dear prince for years, come and apply for the Selection! Who knows who will win his heart?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If that wasn't clear enough for you, here's the gist: this roleplay will feature a very large, long term group, all playing as girls and guys (and the Prince!) in the Selection. The palace's residents, and playable characters, also include the rest of the Royal Family, Maids or Valets for each of the Selected, Guards, and Reporters/Photographers who will interview them from time to time to get the inside scoop on what's going on during the Selection. Rebels (disguised, of course) may also be played, though if there aren't many of them to plot, there may be little to come of it...

In this roleplay, most everyone will have more than one character due to the competitive nature of the story (i.e. if someone only plays a Selected and they get eliminated, then they'd still have characters to play as). While the Selected are probably going to be the most sought after characters, every character is important to the story. Maids and Valets can spread gossip, discover (and possibly give away) secrets, fall in love, form bonds with their Selected (or be mistreated); while Reporters will do everything they can to get their scoop (including creating the drama needed for it) and have a dramatic world of their own; Guards must protect the castle from the terrorist rebels, but can also have their own stories and even fall in love themselves. In the Selection, anything could happen...

This is not first come, first serve. Your character(s) must be approved before you can join in with them. You are able to make placeholders for roles and genders but if there's only one spot left and someone posts a fully completed character sheet that's approved, you're out of luck. Secondly, within the lore of the world the gender binary is very much a thing (since they're now barely just accepting non-hetero relationships), but if you want to make a non-binary or gender-nonconforming character, go right ahead! Just explain if you'd like them to have a maid or valet and you may choose which clothes they wear at any time (dresses or suits, mostly).

Background knowledge of The Selection Series by Kiera Cass will be useful for the roleplay, but not at all required. For those who are interested but have no idea what's going on outside of what was already explained, make sure to read the plot section as it will be incredibly useful to you.

I'd also like to mention that if enough people are interested, we could continue to reboot this, with the winners of the selection becoming the King and Queen/Prince Consort (played by those who originally played them) and their son/daughter (playing a bit fast and loose with the lore here, haha) can have their own Selection. So, long term could optionally become very long term.

Post your characters in the Character Thread. The OOC Chat can be found here, and a page is here for quick reminders of lore, rules, characters, and locations of the palace.

Last edited:
i'm interested. as a huge fan of drama-centered stories (although usually ones with a darker twist), i'll have to look more into this book series. in any case, this roleplay has caught my eye. i look forward to coming up with character ideas. ^^

i'm interested. as a huge fan of drama-centered stories (although usually ones with a darker twist), i'll have to look more into this book series. in any case, this roleplay has caught my eye. i look forward to coming up with character ideas. ^^

It's a really good one! It doesn't get super dark, but there are some things you don't expect. I'm excited to see what you come up with!

Cautiously interested here ^^ The scale's large enough to be daunting for me but the setting's too tempting lol

Cautiously interested here ^^ The scale's large enough to be daunting for me but the setting's too tempting lol

Don't worry, I've done this RP before on another site and though there were a lot of people, it was a very good, fun environment and they got through two whole selections before eventually disbanding. It will be a bit before we can start, of course, but we'd love to have you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back