• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The secrets you keep

Fae runs a hand through her hair as she walks into the tattoo parlor she worked at and takes a seat at her station. Today was her first day back since her fiancé, Craig, passed away. She had been having a hard few months since his passing and her boss and assures her her spot would always be waiting for her when she was ready to return. She sighs softly and sets up her starion before pulling out her notebook and drawing a design. She had decided to take walk ins for the first few weeks to get back in the swing of things before taking on her clients again.

Norman frowned some as he stood outside the tattoo shop with a cigarette at hand and sighed heavily. He’d been sober now for a few months. A bad car accident having finally made him eee how much damage he was doing to himself and to the others around him. He’d been busy focusing on getting his life back on track and so today he was popping into the shop to talk to his brother for the first time in a year or so and to say he was nervous would be an understatement

Fae glances up when she hears one of the other artists ask what they all wanted for lunch today. “That Chinese place down the street.” She pips up and smiles when they agree. She gives the girl her order and the money before going back to drawing. She looks up when she hears the door chime and walks over to the desk. “Hey, how can I help you?” She asks, since her boss was in the back and the other guy there was busy with a client.

Norman had bumped into the girl leaving as she walked out and then finally got brave enough to go inside, looking around but not seeing him anywhere until he heard a voice addressing him and he looked over at the young woman. She was gorgeous and his mind had gone totally blank just staring stupidly at her for a minute until there was a noise at the back and he heard his brothers voice. “Hey jack.” He muttered looking away from her then and over at him.

Fae glances over at Jack and heads back to her station. This must be the infamous drunk brother jack talked about occasionally. She sits down and continues drawing. She sighs softly and runs a hand through his hair.

Jack comes up to the front to help Fae and sees his brother. “Norman. What are you doing here?” He asks and crosses his arms. “I told you not to come around here. I’m not helping you anymore.” He mutters.

Norman frowned some and shook his head. “I’m not here to ask about help... I got clean jack.... properly this time.” He told him and put down his sober chip on the counter to show him. “I came to talk.” He told him but kept glancing over at the redhead, hardly able to take his eyes off her.

Jack watches him and glances over at Fae and Danny. “You two watch the shop please. I’ll be back soon.” He tells them and heads out to the back with Norman. “What do you wanna talk about?” He asks and leans agaisnt the building, lighting a cigarette.

Norman frowned some and watched him. “I wanted to reconnect.... I know things were left really bad last time but I’m turning my life around.... I had a bad car wreck, it out things into perspective for me.” He explained to him.

Jack sighs softly and watches him. “I gotta stay at the shop a few more hours and get some of our orders done, but youre welcome to hang around. We can go get Dinne tot something and talk.” He tells him and finishes his cigarette. He heads back inside and looks at Fae and Danny. “Fae, Danny, this is my brother Norman. Norman Fae and Danny.” He tells them.

Fae glances up at the two and waves slightly. She looks back down and puts her notebook down. She goes to the mini fridge and pulls out an energy drink and pops it open. She sits back down and curls up.

He nodded and agreed quickly then went in to sit down at the front desk in the spare chair. He’d worked there for a while. During one of his stunts where he’d half heartedly tried to get clean but jack had fired him for showing up wasted and that was the last time he’d seen his brother until today. He kept looking over at the girls station again looking at the flash that coveeed the wall and smiled at her. “That’s really good.” He told her.

Fae glances up at him and then follows his gaze. “Thanks.” She murmurs soflty and watches him. “You have an tattoos?” She asks and puts her drink down on the drawers.

He shrugged and smiled at her. “A couple. Nothing to brag about though.” He muttered and continued looking around the shop a little. It had grown a huge amount since he’d last seen his brother and it made him both proud and a little sad he’d missed out on so much.

Fae nods a little. “Sounds like you need a better tattoo artist then.” She jokes and smiles a little. She rubs her hands agaisnt her jeans and bites her lip softly. “Jack said you used to work here. We’re you an artist?”

He shook his head. “Oh god no. I screw up stick people. I worked the desk for him. But that was a long time ago now. Im Norman by the way.” He said reaching his hand out to her.

Fae laughs and gets up. She shakes his hand and sits down beside him. “Nice to meet you. I’m Fae.” She murmurs and watches him. “What do you do now?”

He shook his head. “Nothing right now. In between jobs but that’ll be sorted soon i hope.” He smiled at her some.

Fae nods a little. “Well I hope it works out for you.” She murmurs and gets up when someone walks in. She get them to sign the paperwork and talks to him about his tattoo. She soon goes to draw up the design to put on him.

He nodded some and went back to sitting quietly at the desk, occasionally disappearing outside for a cigarette but other than that he was relaxed for the first time in a long time. It would only last til night though. Soon as he fell asleep he’d see flashes in his dreams of the guy he hit with his car. He’d stopped for a moment to see if the guy was okay and he was still alive when he left him but Norman has no idea if he’d survived or not.

Far worked through the day. Taking on one other walk in before starting to pack up her station to leave early. She says bye to Danny and pops her head in back to say bye to Jack who was also getting ready to leave. She heads back up front and waves at Norman, heading out to her car.

Norman waved bye to her and waited for his brother to be ready then left with him in his truck. “What’s her deal then? She seemed really sad.” He mumbled. He noticed it in other people easily. Always had done.

Jack looks over at him as he drives back to his house. “Lost her fiancé a few months ago. It was her first day back today.” He murmurs, Keelung it simple. It wasn’t his business to tell his brother the full story. He pulls into his driveway and heads inside with him. “Ordering pizza sound good to you?”

Norman nodded some and stayed quiet til they got back and he nodded. “I can give you twenty for it.” He told him quietly. “I uh.. I wanted to ask you if you had any or knew of any jobs going around the area? I’m staying in a halfway house a couple minutes down the road.”

Jack looks over at him and grabs his cell phone to call for the pizza. “You can come back to work at the shop. Claire is leaving end of this week. I’ve been trying to find a new receptionist. Minute you start drinking again or I find out this whole thing is another made up story to get sympathy you’re out, for good.” He tells him and goes to order the pizza.

Norman nodded and looked at him seriously. “I swear to you.... I’m clean. I’m not letting myself get that way again.” He told him then walked to go use the restroom real quick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back