• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The secrets you keep

He frowned some about to protest but she’d already gone inside and he sighed quietly following her in. “The food I got needs to be eaten so I don’t...”

Fae glances over st him and sighs softly. She nods and just gives up. She wasn’t gonna argue with him if he was just gonna insist. She orders everyone’s good and goes to sit down to wait.

Norman leaned against the wall looking around. They had a bar in there and it was already open but as he started thinking about going to get a drink, the crash flashed in his mind all over again.

Fae runs a hand through her hair and curls up on the bench. She glances over at Norman and frowns. “Hey, you okay?” She asks softly and gets up.

He frowned hearing her voice and looked over at her frowning "Yeah... sorry... Just thinking about the past." He mumbled, rubbing his face some, standing up taller when their food was ready and went to get it with her, helping her carry everything back to the shop.

Fae nods a little and gets the food in her car. She head aback to the shop and brings the food in the back. She places it down and grabs her food, going to eat.

He picked his tupperware out of his bag and went to sit down outside with a cigarette to eat while Jack took the opportunity to head over to Fae's station, "Hey... Was everything alright getting food? Didn't see him doing anything weird or whatever?" He asked her curiously. He was glad his brother was getting back on track but he wanted to see the evidence for himself before he fully believed it.

Fae looks at Jack and shakes her head. “He was fine.” She murmurs and runs ahand through her hair. She leans back and watches jack. “He’s really trying Jack.”

He frowned some and looked at her again. “Yeah... you don’t know him far. This isn’t the first time he’s got this far. Not the second or the third.” He muttered then walked back to his office.

Fae sighs and rolls her eyes. She turns around and goes back to eating. She gets up when her phone goes off and goes out back to take the call from her mom, taking to her for a little bit and then sitting down on the ground and leaning against the building.

Norman watched her walk out as he was lighting another cigarette, listening to some music and relaxing over his break until he had to go back in, getting up and walking inside, chucking his bag back underneath the desk again and sat down.

Fae glances over at him and looks down at her phone when he left. She looks through some of the pictures of her and her fiancé, sighing softly. Tomorrow was supposed to be there wedding day. Her mom kept calling to make sure she was okay. She had broken down this morning because some flowers he had prepaid for arrived this morning with a note about how excited he was to call her his wife tomorrow. She leans back and lets a few tears slid down her face.

For the rest of the afternoon he worked quietly and stayed out of everyone’s way, noticing though how quiet fae had gone. He hardly knew her but she just seemed so sad. He felt it wasn’t fair for anyone to feel that way about themselves or their lives.

Fae works through the rest of the day, barely speaking to anyone. When she wasn’t with a client she had headphones in and ignored everyone. When it was finally time to close she cleaned up quickly and grabbed her stuff. She had already told Jack she wasn’t coming in tomorrow. She just wanted to be alone tomorrow.

Over the next several weeks and then few months he really got to know her well and at the same time that he had tried to be there for her some she’d been a great ear to listen about how he was getting on with his journey of trying to go sober and today he’d finally plucked up the courage so he walked into work wearing his best cologne and looking as good as he thought he could make himself look, sitting down at the desk and waiting impatiently for her to arrive.

Fae heads into the shop and pulls her hair into a ponytail. She smiles when she sees Norman and waves at him. “Morning.” She murmurs and plops herself down in her chair. She had grown pretty close to him and he had helped her though the dark times. She was great full for it. She pulls out her water bottle and takes a sip.

He smiled and passed her a blueberry muffin. “Morning. How did your family dinner go last night?” He asked her smiling wide.

Fae takes it and smiles. She takes a bite and shrugs a little. “Okay, until my sister announced she was engaged. Just put me in a dark pace for the rest of the night.@ She murmurs and shrugs again. “But I’m happy for her.”

He frowned and gave her shoulder a squeeze. “Well lunch is on me today so that’s something to smile about.” He nudged her and smiled some trying to cheer her up a bit.

Fae laughs softly and looks up at him. “Well thanks, but you don’t have to do that.” She murmurs softly and smiles up at him. He was really a nice guy and she was glad he was here.

He smiled and shrugged. “I still owe you from you getting my pizza the other day though.” He reminded her and smiled again. “But you’re coming to collect it with me.” He told her.

Fae smiles and nods. “Okay.” She murmurs and finishes the muffin he brought her. She leans back and watches him. “Thought about getting anymore tattoos now that you’re around them all the time?” She asks and smiles.

He shrugged a bit and looked over at her. “Not yet. I’m tryna save up to be able to buy an apartment so I’m taking my time.” He told her quietly.

Fae nods a little. “You should look in valley Brooke apartments. I stayed there when I first moved here. They aren’t that much and they’re in a good part of town.” She murmurs.

Norman nodded and scribbles that down in his notebook he always kept near him. “I’ll check that out thanks.” He smiled at her again but soon as jack got in he cracked on with work. They’d been arguing a little as of the past couple weeks. Jacks wife had made a couple accusations against Norman and so jack had been stuck between his wife and his brother and things had been tense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back