• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern the secrets of cambrook.

christy

𝙘𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙮 𝙘𝙖𝙣𝙚𝙨
not mobile friendly. sorry!
[class=tabs]color: #555; font-size: 13px; font-family: Roboto Mono; margn: auto; margin-left: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; padding-top: 30px; text-align: center; width: 500px; [/class]
[class=tab]cursor: pointer; display: inline-block; padding: 10px; width: 100px; background: #2b2b2b;[/class]
[class name=tab state=hover]font-weight: bold; color: #ddd; transition: 0.5s;[/class]
[script class=tab on=click]
hide tabsContent
set currentTab (getText)
if (eq ${currentTab} 001) (show tabsContent001)
if (eq ${currentTab} 002) (show tabsContent002)
if (eq ${currentTab} 003) (show tabsContent003)
if (eq ${currentTab} 004) (show tabsContent004)
[/script]

cambrook.
[div class=tabs][div class=tab]001
[div class=tab]002
[div class=tab]003
[div class=tab]004
[/div][/div][/div]
[div class="tabsContent tabsContent001"]

"welcome to the town of cambrook."
the town of cambrook is a secluded one, far from any sort of real civilisation. the population is under 200, and all you can find there are a couple of small houses, a gas station, a church, a library, and strangest of all, a wax museum. apparently the town was once home to one of the greatest wax sculptors in the country, gladys moorgrove. the museum still stands sturdy, containing some of mrs. moorgrove's more famous work. somehow, every few weeks or so, there are new additions to the wax statues there, but they're never anyone famous. nobody knows who does it but they suspect that it's the work of mrs. moorgrove's son, edward. He lives alone in his family's mansion, a mile away from the town's centre. people rarely ever go near because of it's sinister appearance. as it is, the town is sleepy and almost deserted. people are hardly ever seen and usually keep to themselves.

what outsiders don't know is that the actual population of this town is what makes up the wax museum. the people there were all alive once, and every couple of weeks, stranded strangers are tricked into becoming ddward moorgrove's next victims and pieces of art.

now it's mid december and a bunch of friends are travelling together to go home for the holidays, but decide to camp out in the woods close to cambrook when one of their cars breaks down. will they discover the secrets of cambrook and live to tell the tale?

disclaimer: heavily inspired by 'house of wax'.
[/div][div class="tabsContent tabsContent002" style="display: none;"]

"these are just some rules."
a set of rules to ensure that the roleplay thrives:

"first up."
please read through all tabs, completely. i cannot, and will not, answer questions to which the answer has already been elaborated on. understanding everything is important for the roleplay to function. if you are confused about something from the lore, feel free to ask.

"the typical."
no mary su/gary stu characters. you don't have to align your character completely to the description given in the roles, but it does have to be similar. just, no perfect characters. even a queen bee has her flaws.

"the characters."
real celebrities/models as face claims please. nothing else shall be accepted. please also try to choose someone that matches the age of your character.

"the writing and length."
i want people with proper writing skills and a good grasp over the english language. people who know their grammar and punctuation and the difference between 'there', 'they're' and 'their'. please do not feel offended if i ask for a writing sample (no guarantee that i will ask, just putting it out there). also a minimum of two - three paragraphs per character for this roleplay. quality over quantity, by all means, but we need something to respond to as well.

"the activity."
i understand that people have lives, so the minimum post frequency required is one post a week. by all means, post more, but if things get out of hand and the story progresses without anyone else getting to take part, then there will be a posting order.

"the spots."
these are all premade roles however there will be no reservations because i cannot risk waiting for a person's character only to find out that they have no intention of following up with their character sheet. this has happened many times in the past which is why i'm stating that this is first come first serve: in the sense that, once the character sheet thread is up, if you make and finish your character first, it will be accepted (provided it fits within the guidelines). you can definitely say which role you're interested in below, and i will keep it in mind to ask you about it once the sheets go up, but this does not mean your role is reserved for you.

"the drama."
by all means, stir up as much drama as you want in the roleplay, but i don't want to see any kind of it among the roleplayers in ooc. no bashing, discrimination, or anything of the sort please.

"last up."
please, please, please, for pete's sake, only join if you have the intention of roleplaying or if you know you can commit to a post a week. do not make your characters and then disappear. if you've read all of this, please state your favourite colour below. only then will i bother reading through your character sheet. too many people have glossed over my rules before so this is the one way i can make sure people have read them!
[/div][div class="tabsContent tabsContent003" style="display: none;"]

"these are the roles."
as stated before, no reservations. express interest after reding the rules below, and once the thread for sheets have been made, feel free to post your characters! you will get a heart reaction and an invite to the ooc server once you've been accepted.

"the misfit."
he's always been on the wrong side of the tracks. growing up in a lousy home, he was always getting in trouble and the things he did only got worse as he got older, till it led to him performing criminal acts, like stealing a car, among other things. he's seen the inside of a cell multiple times, he's been beaten up, and he's beaten other guys up. he seems cold and hard on the outside but what people don't really know is that he only committed all those crimes to raise enough money for him and his sister to leave their toxic home and join a good college. it just takes a while to get to see that side of him. he just got out of jail again and he's travelling with his sister and her friends. he is the girl next door's older brother.

"the girl next door."
she's the type of girl that doesn't really stand out much in a crowd, but has many talents of her own. she's outspoken, yet soft, and vibrant, yet clumsy. despite the kind of home she grew up in, she was determined to be the best at whatever she did so she could leave the house as soon as she graduated high school. she's funny and she's a dreamer. she's always wanted to travel the world. she's got a thirst for adventure and adrenaline that she thinks can be quenched if she accepts a job offer in italy. she's just torn between choosing to leave or stay now that she has other people waiting for her. she is the misfit's younger sister and the jokester's girlfriend.

"the hot shot."
he's the popular kid, the one who's good at everything. not only does he play pretty much every sport -- and excel at it too -- but he is also incredible when it comes to academics. he's a scholar, loved by all, and he has one of the most well known girls from college on his arm. he made it to where he is on a full scholarship and now he intends to put the things he's learned to good use. the only problem? so far, he's been lying to his girlfriend about his background. she thinks he comes from a wealthy family, but in reality, it used to be just him and his sick mother, struggling to survive with what little income she got as a waitress. now, he's the one making the income. he's afraid if he tells her, she'll leave him, but his plan for the holiday was to take her home to meet his mother. he is the queen bee's boyfriend and the jokester's best friend.

"the queen bee."
she's been popular her whole life. she was spoiled as a kid and she grew up being the most beautiful girl in town, and she knows it too. she's loved the rich life and getting whatever she's always wanted, and her childhood dream was to always be in the limelight. her great taste in fashion her gotten her into a good college where she's studying fashion design. getting there was the tough part though because it was about that time that her father was thrown into jail for embezzlement. she hasn't told anyone that she's basically broke though, and tries to keep up the facade because she feels like it matters to those who know her. she is the hot shot's girlfriend and the girl next door's best friend.

"the jokester."
he's always been the guy to make people laugh. he's cocky and sarcastic but his sense of humour never gets old. he has a tendency to be wacky and impulsive, much to the chagrin of his wealthy parents who expect him to be a proper socialite. they want him to run their business, but he's more interested in owning a small shop or garage in the town he grew up in. he's pretty homely that way, loving the place he was born and where he met his college sweetheart. they became fast friends and though he and her brother don't really see eye to eye, the two of them are happily in love. well, until he found out about her job offer in Italy. now he isn't sure how he feels about it. he is the girl next door's boyfriend and the hot shot's best friend.

"the shy girl."
she's the girl with a heart of gold that has rarely ever done anything wrong. she has certain principles and can be a little uptight, but she hardly speaks out or gives her opinion. she worries about what other people with think of her. this is a girl who has had very strict parents all her life which has led her to believe many wrong notions about the way life works. really, she just wants the opportunity to let loose and see what it feels like, and she thinks it might be possible if she get closer to a certain someone who has lived on the wild side. she wants to be able to discover new things but also has a hard time letting go of all the thins she was brought up to believe. she is the cousin of the jokester and has a crush on the misfit.
[/div][div class="tabsContent tabsContent004" style="display: none;"]

"useful links."
links will come here when the respective threads have been made.
[/div]
[/div]
code by chris
[/div]

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m interested! Just a heads up that your post is incredibly difficult to read on mobile though. Black.

I would be interested! Is this still open by any chance? #blue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back