The Second Griffon War (Casual Thread - All welcome!)

"Only 2 bits per 5 muffins." She chuckled "Of course I knew. My ears can hear a pin drop amidst a crowd of hungry Yaks! Don't scoff them down at once. The sapphires are especially sweet, may give you a bellyache."
Latios Latios Wylfen Shepard Wylfen Shepard

Latios Latios
Bored-Tigecko Bored-Tigecko
Cass reaches into his bit bag and pulls out two hits. "It depends on the gem. But yeah most of them have a sweet taste to our kind", he said subtly without expressing the D word out loud. While he extents his large claw out for the mare to take the bit, his jade eyes look over her to see any unusual assets she might have. Because those eyes are not anything he has seen before on a pony. 'Hmm....maybe a mix- breed of some kind?", he thought to himself just as his eyes set on a pair of leathery wings on her sides instead of feathery. "You're a bat pony?", the young hidden Dragon exclaimed.

Anonmare Anonmare
Luna walks right up behind Salacia and smacks her across the back of the head, with enough force to make it hurt. "First of all, don't use the word 'banish' around me. Secondly, you're not fighting any monsters. Stand back and out of the way." Luna said while grabbing her youngest little blue daughter and pulling Salacia back behind her. Once Salacia was standing behind her, Luna motioned for Silvanus to open the door.

Silvanus smiled, took a deep breath, and reached out to lay her hoof on the door!
It did nothing.

Luna rubbed at her chin and then said, "Hmm. Let me try." She spoke, stepping forward. She was thousands of times stronger than either child, and she put her full force into pushing this door. She pushed it, she punched it, she did everything she could. She hit it with enough force to kill a dragon, yet still it didn't budge. "SON OF A-" she looked down at her daughters and quickly finished, "DANG-IT!"

She was proud of herself for catching that.

"Wait mommy. I wanna try something." Silvanus said, which made Luna take a step back. The filly this time, instead of pushing on the door, sent out a spark of her magic into it. The magic had that familiar green spark of Silva's signature and had the tingle of nature magic. It hit the door and the thing lit up like a beacon, before swinging open...

A stone stairway was winding down...

Assailant Assailant
Luna tapped her cheek and nodded at both Arc and Silver. "You say you fought Morphix, right? I did a bit of reading to jog my memory after I got back, and the Shifter War ended in 580 AC. I was banished in 1,550 AC. It is now 2,560 AC. So you have 2,000 years of information to catch up. Silver, you can report to the guard barracks for training. They are located on the western side of town, just ask any guard on how to get there.

She also motions to Arc. "If you plan on fighting, you will have to register as well. You can visit any guard barracks, or visit the mages school on the eastern side of town if you plan on registering as a primary spellcaster."

Silver nodded. "Very well, your majesty, I shall do just that." Arc was thinking.

"I will have to enroll in the school... to be a lowly student again... but it must be done." He sighed. "Never have I been filled with such a mixture of excitement and disappointment at the same thing at the same time." He bit his lip but then nodded at Luna. "Thank you, princess."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Latios Latios
"Sorry....",Cassian lowered his head with a sheepish expression in his eyes. "But yes that does explain your acute sense of hearing. From what I read on pony anatomy, equine races have good hearing. But the one that out classes them are your kind. You guys can echolocate and easily find your prey or known when a predator is stalking you.", he explained as he took the muffins and made sure to keep her identity I see wraps. From what he also read, bat ponies are rare and are not as well accepted in society as most other races. Out of all the pony races, bat ponies fascinated Cass the most ever since he was a hatching. Not just because they are interesting and adorable in his point of view, but they have a lot in common with him.

"Not exactly in my case. I'm a Fruitbat Pony. I live of the fat of the land but my ears are as keen as a an eagle can see." She took the bits politely and dropped them in a bag around her neck. "I sure appreciate your service! If you need anything just drop by my friends."
Latios Latios Wylfen Shepard Wylfen Shepard

The very three-lettered word echoed in the young dragon's mind as he just stood there as still as a statue with a blank look in his eyes. After a moment, he reaches into his hood and tries to clean out his ear. "Um....sorry I didn't quite catch that. For a moment I thought you said something about a war?", he chuckled nervously at the end.
Latios Latios

"Yeah the Griffin War. It's the second one in history." She laughed thoughtfully. "It's very important you know."

"Oh..."
She stopped
"Sorry just um, forget that I said anything. Just some dreams that I've been having keep coming up in my life."
Wylfen Shepard Wylfen Shepard Latios Latios

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Salacia blinked back tears as Luna hits on the back of her head like she was an old-timey headmaster who caught their sister chatting when they thought they weren't looking. “O-Ow...S-Sorry mommy...” Salacia said dejectedly, upset that she had managed to upset her idol that much. “I w-won't use that word again...” She continued in her apology, stammering out a response. She was only young and very excitable and she often forgot herself because of it.

In short, she was a typical filly.

She watched in disbelief as Luna tried, and failed, to open the door. “That's impossible! The door is a cheater! Cheater!!!” She shouted at the ancient door that had deemed to reveal itself to them whilst Luna continued trying to force it open whilst trying, and barely managing, to avoid swearing in front of her children. Celestia would NOT be impressed if they picked up anything vulgar.

Salacia doubted Silvanus could open the door, if Luna couldn't do it – Nopony could do it and it was stupid to try. But, she wanted to see Silva make a foal out of herself so she decided to not mention this because obviously she would fail.
Were she a cartoon character. She'd have to pick her jaw off the floor when she saw Silvanus open the door with barely any effort. She frowned at Silva and huffed. “I coulda done it too if I had cheatin' magic...” She muttered, ignoring the fact she was the one who refused to learn it.

She peered down the stairway and tossed a pebble down the long flight of stairs, listening closely to how many skips it makes before it hits the bottom...

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Expellix let out a small sigh, reaching out and putting his hand to the side of yet another creature that day. He kept finding all of this injured wildlife, sometimes with wildly varying wounds. At first it had just been a rare occasion where he could practice his holy magic, which, like the book Luna had given him had said before, ended up only hurting them worse at first and so he would have to put them out of their misery. But he had quickly began getting better; little cuts and bruises at first, the next day a little bit worse where it was a couple of deep scratches.

And then he began finding some animals that had some terrible injuries, some he had no hope of healing. That didn't mean he did not at least try, a little something was often better than nothing at all. So he'd began progressing through the divine tome a lot faster than he had originally planned, though not skipping out on any of it. He had planned on taking this slow but apparently fate had a different idea in mind.

He only paused when instead of finding a dying, injured creature... this one was shambling around, moving unnaturally and had a distinct smell of rotting corpse. It was just some little squirrel, but seeing an undead creature walking around in the Everfree Forest was not normal. Observers, hydras, dragons, purple worms, and more? Sure, that was your average experience. An undead? Not at all.

He studied it briefly, sensing the dark magic on it still. Was there a necromancer nearby? He looked around before putting his hand out and blinding light building up in it, firing at the undead. It hardly even reacted before it was partially destroyed, enough to kill it as it took out the head. He approached it cautiously, kneeling down and inspecting the now rotten pile of flesh. Who had created this? It certainly was not him, and he knew of no other necromancers.

Assailant Assailant
Luna nodded and smiled at the both of them. "The both of you should have nothing to worry about if you are indeed who you claim to be. We are speeding along the recruitment process so if you can both prove your use to Equestria, you'll be quickly taken into our military and given direction from there. For now..." She salutes them both. "I must be off. I hope to see you both again."

And with that she disappeared in a puff of darkness.

Anonmare Anonmare
Luna just looked at Salacia and smirked, while reaching over to give Silvanus a pat on the head. "Good job dear. I'm very proud of you and your magical abilities. You've come very far!" Luna said, singing her eldest daughter praise. "Thanks mommy!" Silva sang in a lovely voice and nuzzled into Luna's side... While shooting a completely cocky grin at Salacia. She knew that Salacia loved Luna and idolized her. This must hurt so much...

The pebble bounced for around 30 seconds and then made a final clang as it hit the bottom of the stairs. "Lets go. Me first, in case of traps." Luna said while walking down into the darkness. Her eyes quickly adjusted to the darkness and took on their signature blue glow, though it wasn't bright enough too draw attention to her. She could see perfectly in any darkness, real or artificial, but she knew the same couldn't be said for her daughters.

A small blue light sprung from her horn and followed them around, lighting up the darkness for them.

No traps. Soon enough they reached the bottom of the stairs, and they were met with yet another door. It was almost an exact match to the old door, but had two stone figures standing to either side, not moving.

Just statues, obviously.

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
"You're following the same thing I am, hmm?" Came a voice from some distance behind Expellix. If he turned around, he'd see Trixie walking over to him and waving. She was wearing nice white robes and a white hat, as well as carrying a sword sheathed on her back. "I used to create zombie squirrels for fun. But these are not mine."

Stepping off the train into Canterlot came a new resident to the Equestrian Kingdom. She was larger than most ponies and had wings just as big. Feathers covered her head and she had talons for forefeet. The creature to step off the train was indeed a Griffin. She dragged a large suitcase on wheels behind her with one of talons leaving her to hobble on 3 legs. "Well, here I am. Equestria, home to pony kind. And a new start for me." Said Ari feeling quite giddy.

(Anyone up for this?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back