• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom The Second Conjuction of the Spheres (The Witcher AU RP)

Xemanorth

Roleplayer
"There are scores of learned works, dissertations and treatises about this magical cataclysm from about 1500 years ago. Because of this event, creatures never seen before entered our world, and still do not have their own ecological niche here. Among others, graveirs and ghouls are relics of the permeation of the spheres, though elven tradition has it that we, humans, are also newcomers from that time. The sorcerers claim that humanity received both the wondrous gift and the terrible curse that they consider magic to be at that time."
- The Conjuction of the Spheres, by Adam Nivelle

And 1500 years later, it came to pass again. The effects were subtle at first and it almost seemed that not all that much had changed, well, relatively speaking at any rate. When one hears the words "magical cataclysm" it tends to conjure images of fire and lightning raining from the sky and of earth quakes tearing the very ground we stand on asunder. No such calamities came to pass, however in the years that followed, unpresented amounts of reports regarding the emergence of monsters and sources, that is, potential magic users, alike came flowing in, sweeping over The Continent like wildfire.

While one would be hard-pressed to refer to the war-torn lands of the Northern Kingdoms as safe in the restless years prior to The Second Conjunction of the Spheres, if you ask just about anyone, they certainly preferred fearing the attacks of bandits and highwaymen to the masses and droves of monsters that now roam the night in numbers, groups and varieties larger than ever before recorded. And now, more than ever Witchers are needed to slay them. Thankfully with the emergence in the numbers of monsters, the amount of deaths caused by monsters and by extension the children left orphaned, to be trained by Witchers has increased, a silver lining to everything, I suppose.

Is this simply the way of things now? A new world order brought about by the laws and whims of the multiverses themselves? Was this Second Conjunction orchestrated by someone or something far greater than anyone dare dream in pursuit of some grand goal the likes of which mere mortals cannot hope to comprehend?

OOC
So, the basic idea is a story-driven RP set in an alternate universe based on The Witcher setting familiar both from the books by author Andrzej Sapkowski as well as the games by CD Projekt. It will be handled in a quest based format where a group of characters travel from place to place solving seemingly unrelated problems and cases regarding magic, monsters and people alike with an underlying plot to tie it all together that will take more precedence later on once and if I can get a comfortable group going, a conservative maximum of player's involved being six to start with, though that may change with time. This RP is not first-come first-served but rather characters will be approved for play on a case by case basis. If there are minor issues with your character sheet, you may be asked to edit your character sheet before being able to join in the RP.

Rules
- Be polite and mature, treat people with kindness
- Don't powergame/godemote/metagame/bunny, etc. etc.
- You must be able to post at least once a week bare minimum
- Legible grammar and decent sentence structure

As far as characters are concerned, the only real requirement for them is to be of age (18+) as the themes and nature of the setting can be very graphic and mature in nature. Aside from that, there are certain species and races restricted from play. Variety will be taken into account in the process of approving characters
Playable races and species include:
Elves
Dwarves
Gnomes
Goblins
Half-elves
Halflings
Humans
Nymphs*
Quadroons
Succubi / Incubi*
(races marked by a * require the character to be able to sufficiently disguise themselves so as to appear as one of the more mundane races, so as to be able to enter towns, villages and cities.)
Aside from race, your character must also have a listed occupation, be they a knight, a thief, a mage, or of course, a witcher. Occupations can be most anything commonly found within a medieval setting, however a comprehensive list can be found linked here as well.

Last edited:
Very interested! I have a character idea in mind. When would this be in relation to the video games?

Last edited:
Very interested! I have a character idea in mind. When would this be in relation to the video games?
So far the timeframe I have been looking at and working with would be somewhere after The Witcher 3, probably anywhere from five to ten years after. That said I am not the absolute be-all end-all grandmaster when it comes to the lore of the universe itself, hence the alternate universe setting as well to allow some form of freedom on the player's side when it comes to character creation and ideas.

So far the timeframe I have been looking at and working with would be somewhere after The Witcher 3, probably anywhere from five to ten years after. That said I am not the absolute be-all end-all grandmaster when it comes to the lore of the universe itself, hence the alternate universe setting as well to allow some form of freedom on the player's side when it comes to character creation and ideas.
Awesome, I’ve started work on a knight from the Order of the Flaming Rose. Keep me posted!

You know I'm very much in ;3. Probably a Witcher not a Witch but what school I have no clue yet!

"There are scores of learned works, dissertations and treatises about this magical cataclysm from about 1500 years ago. Because of this event, creatures never seen before entered our world, and still do not have their own ecological niche here. Among others, graveirs and ghouls are relics of the permeation of the spheres, though elven tradition has it that we, humans, are also newcomers from that time. The sorcerers claim that humanity received both the wondrous gift and the terrible curse that they consider magic to be at that time."
- The Conjuction of the Spheres, by Adam Nivelle

And 1500 years later, it came to pass again. The effects were subtle at first and it almost seemed that not all that much had changed, well, relatively speaking at any rate. When one hears the words "magical cataclysm" it tends to conjure images of fire and lightning raining from the sky and of earth quakes tearing the very ground we stand on asunder. No such calamities came to pass, however in the years that followed, unpresented amounts of reports regarding the emergence of monsters and sources, that is, potential magic users, alike came flowing in, sweeping over The Continent like wildfire.

While one would be hard-pressed to refer to the war-torn lands of the Northern Kingdoms as safe in the restless years prior to The Second Conjunction of the Spheres, if you ask just about anyone, they certainly preferred fearing the attacks of bandits and highwaymen to the masses and droves of monsters that now roam the night in numbers, groups and varieties larger than ever before recorded. And now, more than ever Witchers are needed to slay them. Thankfully with the emergence in the numbers of monsters, the amount of deaths caused by monsters and by extension the children left orphaned, to be trained by Witchers has increased, a silver lining to everything, I suppose.

Is this simply the way of things now? A new world order brought about by the laws and whims of the multiverses themselves? Was this Second Conjunction orchestrated by someone or something far greater than anyone dare dream in pursuit of some grand goal the likes of which mere mortals cannot hope to comprehend?

View attachment 587772
OOC
So, the basic idea is a story-driven RP set in an alternate universe based on The Witcher setting familiar both from the books by author Andrzej Sapkowski as well as the games by CD Projekt. It will be handled in a quest based format where a group of characters travel from place to place solving seemingly unrelated problems and cases regarding magic, monsters and people alike with an underlying plot to tie it all together that will take more precedence later on once and if I can get a comfortable group going, a conservative maximum of player's involved being six to start with, though that may change with time. This RP is not first-come first-served but rather characters will be approved for play on a case by case basis. If there are minor issues with your character sheet, you may be asked to edit your character sheet before being able to join in the RP.

Rules
- Be polite and mature, treat people with kindness
- Don't powergame/godemote/metagame/bunny, etc. etc.
- You must be able to post at least once a week bare minimum
- Legible grammar and decent sentence structure

As far as characters are concerned, the only real requirement for them is to be of age (18+) as the themes and nature of the setting can be very graphic and mature in nature. Aside from that, there are certain species and races restricted from play. Variety will be taken into account in the process of approving characters
Playable races and species include:
Elves
Dwarves
Gnomes
Goblins
Half-elves
Halflings
Humans
Nymphs*
Quadroons
Succubi / Incubi*
(races marked by a * require the character to be able to sufficiently disguise themselves so as to appear as one of the more mundane races, so as to be able to enter towns, villages and cities.)
Aside from race, your character must also have a listed occupation, be they a knight, a thief, a mage, or of course, a witcher. Occupations can be most anything commonly found within a medieval setting, however a comprehensive list can be found linked here as well.
Can I join? And can you use canon names?

I'm not too well-versed with Witcher stuff so if it's okay I'll wait a bit for a few other CSes to show up and then I'll make mine #>v>#. Nervous

It’s worth a shot dapper and if you want we can help each other out.

That's very nice of you! Don't worry I always get nervous when it's lore I don't yet know anything about :). But I'll be okay, just want to see some other sheets before I start on mine, hehe. Or at least one idk. XD

Made a suuuper bare bones sheet but will update each day (making a sheet in one go, even though i know what character I will play, just drives me nuts! x) )

OnyxMule OnyxMule , Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford , PeteTheWitcher PeteTheWitcher

If you are still planning on joining, we need at least four character sheets ready and approved! With the two sheets already in progress and one done, we need just one more to get the RP going!
As for anyone else that may be interested in the RP, feel free to send any questions my way and know that unfamiliarity with the lore of the universe should not be a reason for not joining as I can provide helpful links and assistance in that regard. This, naturally also counts for those interested.

Last edited:
Xemanorth Xemanorth 2 questions related to each other.
1. Is it okay to mention Canon characters and events surrounding them? Siegfried of Denesle is kind of integral to Order history and I’m wondering if I can mention him and his fate.
2. Is it okay to have interacted with canon characters? Planning to have my character have come across Eskel in the past when hunting down a monster.

OnyxMule OnyxMule
It's okay to mention them and events surrounding them.
It's also okay to have interacted with them, though in a very limited capacity. So no familial bonds / best buddy sort of situation or means of contacting the character for help etc.

Xemanorth Xemanorth OK DONE! Except the portrait, I may be able to finish it tomorrow, otherwise day after tomorrow. ^^ Though I may add a summary background or smth, nothing too detailed there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back