• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Search - OOC (Closed Temporarily (Read Interest))

IC | CS | Interest

A place to chat about the rp (or anything you feel like) and ask questions. Feel free to ask me or another player anything here, or through pm.

Last edited:
Illusive Illusive Hey, was looking at your character sheet and it all looks pretty good. Just wondering, when you're talking about pressure points are you implying she can chi block, or is it just that she's skilled in martial arts? Simply as there is already a character whom can chi block and it is a pretty rare ability. I'm not too bothered with her having both fire bending and chi blocking as the rp progresses, but at the start everyone should be somewhat basic.

Also how strong would you say her firebending is? Looking at the backstory I'd imagine she's the type with a lot of potential, but hasn't grasped it yet due to the lack of training and/or a master.

Hey!
No as in she can target weak points in people's body, pressure points that can temporarily weaken or disable someone or cause extreme pain. A completely physical technique :)

Her fire bending is all self trained and not at all mastered. She lacks control but has potential!
f9d7edff776c73660ac0fb7ba0cd872d--ninja-warrior-kungfu.jpg

Hey!
No as in she can target weak points in people's body, pressure points that can temporarily weaken or disable someone or cause extreme pain. A completely physical technique :)

Her fire bending is all self trained and not at all mastered. She lacks control but has potential!
f9d7edff776c73660ac0fb7ba0cd872d--ninja-warrior-kungfu.jpg

I think thats somewhat what chi blocking is based on but if youll just be using it as a form of martial art then thats all good too.

Accepted :)

Might start the ic soon the player count is on the lowish side but 4 player characters works well for me. Thanks for your patience ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Wasted Ink Wasted Ink just comment on here that you're ready to go and ill likely start the ic within the next couple of days. :^D!

Wasted Ink Wasted Ink ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Illusive Illusive

Cool, made the first post, it was a lot longer than I intended so here's the gist if you don't have time to read it all.
Tao was a private in the earth nation military in Taku, sent on an expedition with four others toward the southern air temple in order to find the avatar and attempt to get him started on his next step of training. On the way they were at an inn where one of them talked about it out loud, causing the others to quickly hush them up. They then crossed the channel toward Omashu, and upon approaching a village just north west of the cave of lovers, were ambushed by a great deal of fire nation soldiers. They all seemed dead toward the end, with only a few fire nation remaining, but as Tao was watching his comrades die from his injured position on the ground, something overcame him causing him to have the power to beat the rest of the fire nation soldiers. He then fell unconscious in the battle scorched clearing. Yeah the combat was a bit edgy but eck.

As for your characters, if you want them immediately involved in the story you can have them outside of the town, perhaps hearing the commotion and checking it out, or even witnessing some of it if you choose. Or you can have them in the village, as that's where he'll head within the next couple of posts.

Link to IC: The Search (ATLA AU)

Lamia Lamia Hey just had a look over your cs and there's quite a few issues I'd have to address.
The most pressing one being her ability of lightning generation and lightning redirection.
Lightning generation was reserved for the fire nation royalty or high ranking officers, and was rare even among them. I could maybe see her learning it over time, but the technique requires a complete absence of emotion which I just wouldn't really see.
Lightning redirection was supposedly created by Iroh, which would be 60+ years from the time of the start of this rp. To be fair the lore around it is a bit iffy, but one thing would be clear, the ability would be unseen up until this point in time. There's also no explanation as to how she came to have this ability. I'd really only see this ability coming around very late into the rp from a master firebender who has studied waterbending techniques.

Secondly and perhaps more concerning is her pets, firstly there's no real mention of how she obtained a deer dog despite them only being seen around the desert, but that isn't really a massive issue. The main issue is how she has a flying bison. How could she possibly have obtained a flying bison if she was not an airbender, and had never visited an air temple? Airbenders receive a flying bison while in training as a lifelong companion, no other people have access or a connection to them. Flying bison are airbenders, and likely only bond with humans that can airbend.

For the weapons I wonder how a petite girl can carry and use so many, especially with her seemingly low degree of training. (I assume by ballista you are referring to a crossbow (which is only seen on pirates, so would also need explanation), and not the siege weapon). Under fighting style you also just put fire-bender, so I don't really understand why she has any weapons if that was the case.

As for the history, it's okay, leaves a lot unexplained like how her father just straight wouldn't believe her, nor does it explain her leaving the fire nation, unless you were planning to address that with a large initial post. There should probably be some explanation of heritage as she has a bronze skin tone, yet most in the fire nation are relatively pale, but this isn't a big deal to be honest. There are a few other things but backstory isn't the most vital part of a character sheet as characters will explain them (if they choose to) over the rp anyway.

There is also a firebender already accepted, and while I'm not against having multiple benders of the same affinity, I do prefer diversity to benefit combat situations, character interactions, and the like. Also multiple firebenders is the most unlikely scenario as the fire nation are against our characters in this story.

I'm trying to keep the rp pretty accurate lore wise, and relatively 'realistic' considering the setting, so I'll be quite strict about these kinds of things, even during the rp.

LieutenantL LieutenantL Ah! They say no rp is complete without a Katana guy :^) (Or is that more of a large slightly curved sword)

How proficient is his firebending? I know he doesn't incorporate it but I imagine he will if he has to. Might be nice to see something basic like lighting up his sword if he's going to be skilled in blade as well as a bender.

As for the Way of the Warrior ability, is he able to use this whenever he pleases? Or does it have requirements? These kinds of abilities are planned to only occur rarely, but since it's not as powerful as others *seem* to be (e.g. For Tao I'll likely use his once per story arc at most), so I might be a bit more lenient on abilities like your own.

Also, how does he feel about his nation? Would he be prepared to potentially 'betray' them, or does he not have allegiances and simply looks for adventure? Something like this might be fitting to put into the backstory, like how his tribe feels about the nation, or you can just explain it over the rp.

For his current location, would you prefer the 'group' meet him when they begin to travel again, so perhaps before or after the cave, or you can have him in the village, or even nearby where Tao is now if you so wish.

Questions aside, I enjoyed your character sheet, shouldn't be too much of a stretch to bring him in, even if that does mean almost half the group is fire nation lol.

Any ideas for my character special ability apart from healing. Siren song sort of thing maybe? Make her a short of bard class from rpg?

Could do something like a massive wave of healing, brought on by her emotional need to protect others, like when all of her allies have fallen or something. Or some offensive water bending technique brought on by a need for vengeance. Just spit balling :D

Edit: Just to elaborate, it should be something realistic in the avatar universe, but powerful, if you wish it.

Last edited:
Could do something like a massive wave of healing, brought on by her emotional need to protect others, like when all of her allies have fallen or something. Or some offensive water bending technique brought on by a need for vengeance. Just spit balling :D

Edit: Just to elaborate, it should be something realistic in the avatar universe, but powerful, if you wish it.
Healing wave might be the trick... Will think on it.

hey Randomfella Randomfella is there going to be a post order? Like once everyone has posted once we stick to that order?
Not really, unless you guys want it that way. In general just respect others presence in the rp, e.g. if there are three people in a group two of them shouldn't make 3 posts each without letting the 3rd respond. Might find we just naturally get into a post order anyway, but it's not going to be a strict rule. If I find people going too far ahead without letting others respond I'll just ask they wait a bit. Players should have freedom to have conversations freely between characters, especially if they're in a scenario with only the two of them.

Illusive Illusive For a special ability for your character, you could have something like a reckless firestorm, bringing out her natural fire bending prowess, damaging everyone around her. That is if you want to have one :^) Got me thinkin' about these now lol

I'm totally up to post - quick question;; What's their destined village name? The one Tao and Lalan are on their way towards? I figured that I'll just have Tetsuo be on the path going towards the village.

LieutenantL LieutenantL Ah! They say no rp is complete without a Katana guy :^) (Or is that more of a large slightly curved sword)

How proficient is his firebending? I know he doesn't incorporate it but I imagine he will if he has to. Might be nice to see something basic like lighting up his sword if he's going to be skilled in blade as well as a bender.

As for the Way of the Warrior ability, is he able to use this whenever he pleases? Or does it have requirements? These kinds of abilities are planned to only occur rarely, but since it's not as powerful as others *seem* to be (e.g. For Tao I'll likely use his once per story arc at most), so I might be a bit more lenient on abilities like your own.

Also, how does he feel about his nation? Would he be prepared to potentially 'betray' them, or does he not have allegiances and simply looks for adventure? Something like this might be fitting to put into the backstory, like how his tribe feels about the nation, or you can just explain it over the rp.

For his current location, would you prefer the 'group' meet him when they begin to travel again, so perhaps before or after the cave, or you can have him in the village, or even nearby where Tao is now if you so wish.

Questions aside, I enjoyed your character sheet, shouldn't be too much of a stretch to bring him in, even if that does mean almost half the group is fire nation lol.

Ah wonderful questions! Let me try and answer them the bet I can

- Koa can fire bend as well as a normal fire bending apprentice. Not to well and his control isn't there. He was planning on practicing his fire bending more once he returned to the tribe. The only thing he really practiced with, as you say, lighting his sword a flame.

- The way of the warrior can only really be activated when he completely feels hopeless and some of his friends or himself could be in major danger. It's almost like he doesn't control when it happens.

- His nation is only second to his Tribe. The tribe of Tapu may be secluded but they have had visitors of all nations before, enjoying each of their companies. Therefore they would be terribly upset if the fire nation were to attack the other countries. So yes, he would betray the fire nation as he has no real ties to it. Just because he lives on their land does not make him apart of the nation, he often says.

- As for location....uhhh haha. I'd say probably on the path to the caves. He could be wandering or even camping out nearby there or something of the like. If you have any suggestions as to where I could start then go ahead and throw them my way cause that's what I can't decide on.

P.S. - I'll add most of this to my CS so you can just look at that for reference instead of this post. Hope it helped ^_^

I'm totally up to post - quick question;; What's their destined village name? The one Tao and Lalan are on their way towards? I figured that I'll just have Tetsuo be on the path going towards the village.
Ahh, we can call it Tepau, it's not a very big village.

Ah wonderful questions! Let me try and answer them the bet I can

- Koa can fire bend as well as a normal fire bending apprentice. Not to well and his control isn't there. He was planning on practicing his fire bending more once he returned to the tribe. The only thing he really practiced with, as you say, lighting his sword a flame.

- The way of the warrior can only really be activated when he completely feels hopeless and some of his friends or himself could be in major danger. It's almost like he doesn't control when it happens.

- His nation is only second to his Tribe. The tribe of Tapu may be secluded but they have had visitors of all nations before, enjoying each of their companies. Therefore they would be terribly upset if the fire nation were to attack the other countries. So yes, he would betray the fire nation as he has no real ties to it. Just because he lives on their land does not make him apart of the nation, he often says.

- As for location....uhhh haha. I'd say probably on the path to the caves. He could be wandering or even camping out nearby there or something of the like. If you have any suggestions as to where I could start then go ahead and throw them my way cause that's what I can't decide on.

P.S. - I'll add most of this to my CS so you can just look at that for reference instead of this post. Hope it helped ^_^
Cool, sounds good, his interactions should be interesting. Accepted :^)
If he's on the path to the caves you could perhaps have him pass where Lau is heading, or have him watching the scene from the sidelines. Alternatively he could be staying at the village and they could meet there.

Might have another player interested applying in a couple of days, so I'll likely stop updating the interest check after that, and perhaps even close acceptance of characters until after the first story arc or so. Planning for characters after that point to come in gradually, and likely base a side plot off of their joining.

Also just realised I wasn't watching the IC thread lol, got no notifications of me getting tagged either, damn rpn!

Illusive Illusive One thing about your post, I wouldn't call it an earth kingdom base, just a small town. Though Lua can see it that way due to not knowing the area I suppose. The town will have earth nation flags flying on homes and such.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back