• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Nao skittered hurriedly up her tree, heaving the heavy sack of seed over her shoulder. Being a half-mouse in terms of strength Nao didn't have a lot and the wind threatening to toss her off to the ground wasn't helping. She wouldn't fall to her death but she would probably break a few bones and scatter the seed. And she wasn't in the mood for that happening either. Her ears twitched and she froze, her claws digging into the bark as she heard thunder. But it's not raining, the sky's perfectly clear. That must mean... She continued to hurry up the tree as the thunder sounded again, closer this time, and more frequent. A silver acorn whizzed by and lodged itself into where she previously was frozen on the tree and Nao could feel her heart speed up alongside her breaths. She jumped up and grabbed onto the branch above her and swung up with ease, having done so many times before, and immediately ducked into the safety of her nest. A little hole hidden at the base of the branch, it had been her home for as many seasons as she could remember and it was safe against the two legged beasts, their thunder sticks, and the deadly fast silver acorns. But she couldn't help herself. As soon as she entered, she dropped the seed and stuck out her head, the beasts had a disrespectful way of hunting, true, but they were hunting something and they rarely came here to do it. Sometimes it made Nao wonder what exactly they ate when they were not in the forest. After a few moments, her curiosity was not met with disappointment as a bird with blue feathers landed on her branch, careening her backward in surprise. His face was filled with fear and as more thunder rang out she couldn't help but be pissed at him for driving the two legs' attention to her tree, despite his situation. "Hey, you! Birdbrain, what do you think you're doing on my-" More thunder rang out and he fell backward into her nest, scattering the seed over her floor. She almost turned red with frustration. Does he have any idea how many risks I had to take in order to steal that seed?! "Now, look what you've done!! Wait are you listening to me...?" She paused for a moment when he didn't answer. "Are you okay...? You know, I don't have the strength to drag a half-dead body out of my nest...I barely had enough to carry the sack of seed that you spilt on the floor." She tried to sound threatening but she couldn't help sounding concerned for the bird.

Last edited:
Kiryl was flying through the forest panicing while unknown to him that he was being hunted. Where is she!? Ive checked all the spots she normally goe- BANG! Ah! Humans! He swerved in the air the projectile hitting A tree instead. BANG! This time he didnt move in time and it hit him in the wing. Bah! I need to land! The pain blinding him he clumsily landed on a branch not aware of the mouse/rat that already was there. Oh please goddess permet your servent the strengh in heal his wounds. More shots were fired with one of them grazing his body leaving a gash. With all his strenth focused on healing his wounds his legs gave out and he fell into the nest. He tried to make out the words the angry mouse/rat said but only heard this."are...okay? Dont..... strength... drag.... half-dead..... out... nest... barely... enough.... sack... you split.... floor"
"Ugh... my apologies.." he winced not exactly knowing what he did

Nao tilted her head at him as she heard him apologize. She hurriedly ran around him and to the hole as the thunder ceased for a few moments and started to continue somewhere else, slightly quieter. And probably further away. She turned back to the bird, realizing that he was some sort of dove. "....Are you hurt? D-did one of the silver acorns hit you...?" She ran to the back of the nest and paced, looking through her shelves of wares. "I probably have medicine somewhere...I'm not much of a healer, though." Nao turned around and studied him for a moment, before fully deciding to help him. He appeared to have a gash in his tunic that was trailing a fair amount of blood and his face had a dazed expression. It oddly seemed like the gash was attempting to close on its own but he was losing a decent amount of blood and if it wasn't covered he could get an infection. Just because I'm going to help him doesn't mean I trust him. She thought, turning over a portrait of her father and her and after briskly taking it off set it on top of the portrait. Her face lit up as she took some leaves off the shelf and went over to where he was lying. "Would these work? I don't have anything better but this should help stop the bleeding..." She stopped herself as she realized that he might even know what she was saying. She rubbed the back of her head, she understood the common bird-speak but couldn't really speak it all that well. She was kind of a rat-mouse, after all. She knew how to understand most of the common languages but how would she know that this dove understood her high-pitch squeaks?

"What plant are they from?" He asked in the mouse/rats dialect. "Wait Look in my bag there should be a book full of information about what leaves do what things" he added pointing his beak towards his bag. The wound must be too big for my healing abliltys. The mouse-rat seems like shes going to help. He closed his eyes trying to ease the way his head spining with pain and focus on healing

Wow, so he can understand me. He can even speak rodentlantic! I wonder where he learned it from. "Uh...I think it's from a special type of fruit that grows on pine trees. The name evades me but it was sold to me by a black cat named Sonya. She's the most miraculous healer I've met so I'm sure it's genuine. I'll check anyways." Nao opened his bag and started to dig through the objects spying something book-shaped. She pulled it out but to her surprise it was a picture of the bird in front of her next to a ginger she-cat. Kiryl and Alena was scrawled on it in squiggly writing. It seemed sort of personal so she put it back hoping he didn't notice and pulled an actual book out. 'Healing with plants' was written boldly across the top and as she turned the huge pages she twirled the book to show it to the dove, presumably Kiryl, and looked at the drawings with the same writing that was on the photo next to them, all of plants. "Here, the plant is called..." She squinted at the words. "panthertongue. Panthertongue is a special plant that grows at the very top of pine trees. The lore says that the leaves are blessed by Arnos, the panther god of life, to have healing properties but his sister who could not climb the tree got jealous and poisoned the tree, making the fruit have the touch of death. Special effects include: stops most bleeding..." What a spiteful sibling rivalry over a stupid plant... "See? I was right! Here, here." Nao stopped reading at that and gently set it over Kiryl's wound, careful to make sure it doesn't get caught on his blue feathers.

“Thanks....” he said with a sigh relived that the pain was subsiding. “Do you..know a gingered fured shecat?” He asked since the mouse/rat mentioned that they knew a cat. “Im looking for her we got separated...”

"Hmmm," Nao grumbled, thinking about it for the first time. Is he talking about the she-cat in the picture...? He seems somewhat-trustworthy and if he's just to be looking for her... "Honestly, I don't know that many cats but you know the other cat I mentioned earlier..? Sonya? She's very familiar with these parts and I heard a few stories that she was even a part of the clans of the north at one point. She probably knows the cat you're looking for and if you're lucky, she might have an idea on where to find her..." She bit her lip for a moment. Nao failed to mention that in order to get to Arnos' clearing, where Sonya lives, they must first travel through the territory where the war between the wolves and foxes is currently happening. He could probably just fly over it anyways. Arno's clearing has been part of Sonya's family since she was born and it was named after the same panther god mentioned in the book. Families often come there for refuge, enlightenment, and to be healed by her for that clearing is strictly guarded by herself and a few panthers that escaped with her from where she came from. Wherever that might be. "I mean- if you're up to it. I'm stocking up on food to wait 'till winter passes to travel there myself. Sonya is actually a good friend of mine and I wanted to travel there for answers..." She trailed off, that part was more personal than she wanted to go into. She wanted to search for her father, who disappeared when she was young. And she had no memory of him or anything before that. She just wanted to know. "If you wish to go there, I suggest you heal first...I'll show you where it is if you take me with you, deal?" She added briskly as she scurried across the room to get water, after all that talking she found herself a bit thirsty. "Also, you want any?" Nao inquired, shaking the lid to a two-leg beast water-holding thing back and forth.

“of course! when im healed ill travel there and carry you while i fly“ he said raising his good wing. I might not be able to carry her i mean shes as big as me! I think that messes with the aerodynamics too. God i hope alena is alright.. She can get into such trouble and i wont be there to help her hold back her temper
“huh? Oh s-sure” His thoughts interrupted by the mouse/rats question.
“Also my names kiryl and thank you again for helping me”

She quickly poured some water in two capless acorns, one for her and the other for Kiryl. "That's very nice of you, Kiryl." She gazed out of her tree for a second as she heard a falcon calling in the distance and felt a shiver shoot straight through her. "Oh, my name's Nao, and it's no problem, really." She bit one of her claws in agitation. "I never expected a bird to find my nest. I raised myself here and nothing like this has ever happened. Honestly, it's sort of exciting even though you sorta wasted my seed." She hurriedly shrugged. "I already have a bunch stocked up anyways I was just getting extra in case it spoils so it's unneeded and easily replaceable." Nao really didn't want him to feel bad. She hadn't spoken to another creature in weeks, she was a loner, after all. She gave him one of the water-filled acorns and slurped some herself, leaning on the edge of the whole and searched the sky. But for what, she didn't know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back