• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings The search for a story to remember...

Hylius

Hesitation is defeat
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hey there! I have some plots I would like to try, so I thought I could create a thread to advertise them.

Guide on prefixes - So, these prefixes will be pretty self-explanatory, but I still would like to explain what these mean. There are four types of prefixes that you'll see next to all plots, which are the following: Currently craving, none at all, currently closed and permanently closed.
  • Currently craving obviously means that I really am excited to do this plot and will almost always take partners for this plot in particular!
  • If there is no prefix next to the plot then that means that that plot still has no partners (or at least available slots if I am taking multiple partners for that plot) yet and that I would like to do it, though it's not as much of a priority as a plot I'm currently craving! If you see a plot that we're doing on this list and you see no prefix next to it, don't fret, I'm not looking to replace you! Just looking to play the plot with more partners (or I just forgot to add the prefix next to it)!
  • Currently closed means that either I already have one or multiple partners for that particular plot and that I'm not looking to take anymore partners for it, or that I have lost a bit of interest in doing that particular plot. If you really like the plot then you can still try to apply for it and we can try to work something out, but chances are lower that I will accept a request to do it.
  • There's only one plot that currently has this prefix (which is the Grand Temple), but permanently closed means that I have lost interest in playing that particular plot and I'm not taking requests for it whatsoever. There is a 100% chance that I will decline to do that plot with you, should you request to do that plot with me. Chances are that I regain interest in that plot one day, so that's why I leave it in here, but it's best not to get your hopes up and you might as well ignore that plot being there.

For all plots I already have a general idea which direction I want to take them. I won't spoil too much, but if you want to know more feel free to ask!

The plots are as follows.

Note: This plot is, compared to the other plots, not as story driven as the other plots that I have down here. Instead it'll mainly focus on the dynamic between the characters and the romance that they'll feel for each other. It's slice of life, pretty much, but with romance tied to it. It's something sweet!

The reason that I got this craving is because I actually read a manga (It actually got an anime now, too! It's finished now!) a few months back (didn't really get super far into it back then, but now I've actually completely caught up!) that kinda reminded me of what I'm thinking of - called My Dress-Up Darling, which I'm sure a lot of you are familiar with because it got insanely popular! For those who aren't familiar with it, I'll quickly describe the plot of the manga: There is this lonely, reserved dude with no friends who liked sewing clothes for hina dolls, and then there was this popular gyaru type that happened to be into cosplaying. When she found out about his hobby she asked him to sew clothes for her, since it would help with her cosplays. It popped up into my mind one day and I felt like trying something similar to it!

I'm not looking to do this plot specifically, just something that's in that direction. Nerdy, introverted guy has hobby, gyaru/popular girl (the girl in this image doesn't need to be your ref, but if you want to use her then definitely feel free to! I also have another ref you could use so don't be afraid to ask if you want to see that one as well!) finds out, she approaches him about it and things go from there. Not really a deep plot or anything, just something fluff and nice! I'm mainly doing this to write a nice love story between two people who live in opposite worlds. The hobby they could have is up for discussion, though I'm personally considering games, anime and/or stargazing (though stargazing is something that's probably better if it isn't the main hobby, but rather something aside from the hobby that will bring them together). An idea for if they are interested in games is that the girl could have started with a game, but can't get past a certain point. The boy could be an expert at the game and have beaten the game many times, and once the girl figures out he played the game she could ask for help. Let me know any ideas you might have for yourself for topics they could be interested in!

If we're picking games, we could either pick a game that actually exists in real life or we could think up a game of our own. If we're picking an existing game, I myself am thinking of Dark Souls (particularly Dark Souls III), because that's a game I personally have a lot of knowledge of as I've played it for many hours myself. Let me know what game(s) you'd like to see appear in there too!

Setting: Medieval, Medieval fantasy

My character, named Ares, is a hero known all throughout the kingdom. Known for his mastery of the sword and for saving his kingdom countless times in battle, everyone respects him and looks up to him. Ares was a young man who used to live in a small village together with his little brother and parents, before moving to the capital at the age of 19.

Ares, now 26, is a knight in service of the church and since he was very young he has been a devout believer; He prays to the goddess every day for good luck. His parents always taught him to believe and pray to the goddess in dire times and that she would always answer your prayers. However, he has noticed that since the church has been reformed and a new archbishop have been appointed after the old bishop mysteriously disappeared, he noticed the church has started to change...

The church started to make unreasonable demands of him. He had to kill people he knew were innocent in the name of the goddess, he had to collect tax from the poor even if they couldn't afford it (and use force if they refused) ... The church started to slowly turn into a cult. Though the church had lots of power, at first you were free to believe in whatever you wanted. The new reformed church, however, started to force people to convert into their belief and mercilessly kill anyone who refused. Each day, the new archbishop would hold public speeches about how great the church is and how everyone in the world should convert to their belief. The church that Ares once loved has changed into something vile...

Ares was conflicted. Should he continue to follow the church? He didn't know what to do, because he didn't want to oppose the goddess he worshiped. The goddess, that had always blessed him with good luck... He decided to approach the archbishop and confronted him about his actions. The archbishop then smiled, as he told him that he cannot oppose the church no matter what. He then revealed that he knew about his family and that he had taken his little brother hostage; If he opposed the bishop, he would be executed. Of course, frightened by the bishop, he continued to serve them to protect his little brother.

Now, I have an idea for a character that you could play, but you can honestly be anyone you want! It can be a mere villager, it could be the secret reincarnation of the goddess... You can even be the bishop if you feel like it (note: I have not tried the concept of having my partner play the villain of the story, so this might need some serious discussion to make sure the flow of the roleplay works out and also that we know for certain what direction we want the roleplay to take). However, my own idea would be that your character is a new priest(ess) who only recently joined the church and had no idea about how corrupt the church has become. He/she meets Ares and they talk a bit... At first, he/she of course is eager to help out the church and the goddess and tells Ares that they're happy to serve her faith. But a month passed, and they realized about the corruption... They ask why he is serving the church even though he knows it is as corrupt as this. The story continues from that point...

Setting: Feudal Japan, Medieval

My character is a nameless warrior. Living all alone, secluded from society, he trained the way of the sword every day and has basically become a master at it. One day, though, he realizes that it might be good for himself to head out of the mountains, to find other swordsmen and women to challenge himself.

Your character is a warrior that already has proved him/herself and is famous throughout the land. One day, the two characters enter a tournament and are destined to meet in the finals. They had the showdown of a lifetime. The two were equal to each other and both of them refused to concede. The audience was pleased to have witnessed the duel of the century, a duel that will go down through history and nobody will forget. And so, it was heartbreaking that at one point, the fight has to end. Of course, a fight cannot end without a victor, but because the fight was so long and neither of the two wanted to concede the tournament masters had to stop the fight and the judges had to decide which of the two ends up being the victor. After a thorough discussion, the judges decided that the victor of the fight was YC. MC is furious, thinking they only decided that because of YC's status as a well-known warrior. YC of course defends him/herself, saying that MC should just accept his defeat, but secretly he/she also is upset because he/she wanted to win for real. And so, after the fight was over, the two became bitter rivals of each other. They planned a rematch in a week, but suddenly, a war broke out. As expected, YC was summoned by the emperor to defend the country, but so was MC. In fact, the two of them were paired in the same squad, requiring them to work together... How will this work out?

This plot will be a little different than my other plots, as I intend for you to be the GM of this world. However, if you wish to play a normal character instead and have them journey together, then that also works out!

My character one day wakes up in a graveyard, with none of his memories left. He does not know how he got there or why he is there in the first place... The only thing he knows is that he only has a sword and shield to defend himself. A few moments after he wakes up... He hears a voice. The voice tells him that he needs to look for the grand temple, and that he needs to defeat the six lords of the void in order to fulfill his mission, as such is his sole purpose in this forsaken land.

The world he is in is a dark fantasy. Most of humanity has already perished and the land is crawling with undeads and monsters of all kinds. The creatures are unforgiving and dangerous, and if he does not watch out then he will be killed in an instant, with death around every corner. Soon after he wakes up, he took one wrong step and gets killed. But then he quickly realizes something...

When he was killed, he woke up, once again at the graveyard. He most certainly was a dead man; he was stabbed through the heart by an undead and then had his head torn from his body. There was no doubt that he should not be alive right now. In fact, he felt the excruciating pain before he died... So why was he here again at this graveyard? What is his purpose in this abandoned land?

The story would be about how the man tries to fulfill his mission as the creatures of this land are all against him. He truly is alone in this world with no allies, friends or family to support him.

There is a kingdom. This kingdom is prospering really well, but there are still two things that it's lacking: a court sorcerer, and a mentor to the crown princess, who's said to be the next heir to the throne in upcoming years. The king is already getting quite old, so it was for the better if they got such a person sooner rather than later, preferably one who could do both such things. Of course, they couldn't just take any random mage from the street, so the royal family was holding trials for anyone interested in such a position.

Many mages from all over the country applied, though none of them managed to impress the royal family. Their magical abilities were average at best, not to mention them not really being wise enough to be a tutor for the princess. Either that or they were so old that they would most likely die before the princess would ascend to the throne, which would make all effort be for nothing. But then, a mysterious traveler appeared... A man who seemed to be in his mid twenties, who also happened to be a mage. He didn't apply for the court sorcerer title, he just happened to be in town when he heard about the situation. He wasn't all too interested, though he wouldn't necessarily decline if he was offered the title. Well, let that be what happened: for whatever reason (we can discuss what this reason is, like he could get into a fight with someone for example and he'd just be protecting himself and someone from the royal family/guard happened to see it), he was offered the title and he accepted. However, he would soon realize that the other part of the deal, the raising of a queen, was much more difficult than he expected... The princess, for whatever reason (which can be discussed as well), did not want him tutoring her, or even interacting with her at all. There was no chemistry between them, which was quite worrying considering the future of the country was at stake... How will this problem be solved? (This plot doesn't have a set direction yet, we can discuss the direction we can take and a bunch of plot points as well!)
Anyone is free to PM, no matter what gender! Romance is allowed too (in fact I really like romance so definitely don't be afraid to include it), but keep in mind that if you want romance then I do want it to be strictly Male x Female (with my character being the male character).

PM me if you're interested, no matter when you see this thread! If you see this thread even though it's been months since I posted it, message me anyway! I'm always looking for partners, unless the thread is closed or not up. I'm also very much open to listen to your own ideas, so give it a try! If I like the idea then I definitely will try it out with you!

I hope to hear from you soon!

Last edited:
Behold! After nearly a year, there is a bump!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back