• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom The Search (Avatar tla based rp) (Closed for now)

IC | CS | OOC

Closed for now, will be gradually accepting more characters after first story arc, or in the case of replacing players. You may create a character before then if you wish but you will not be able to join IC immediately.

THE YEAR IS 0 AG - THE YEAR OF THE DRAGON

Tension between the Fire Nation and the other Nations has increased, the threat of war looms over the world.
Shortly after his confirmation as Avatar, Aang was sent to the Eastern Air Temple to continue his training, however shortly after this, he suddenly went missing.
As Fire Nation outposts continue to present themselves over the Earth Kingdom lands, and even around the frozen poles, this threat of imbalance requires the Avatar to return.

Only a few weeks after his disappearance, multiple search parties are sent for him, mostly from the Earth Kingdom and Fire Nation, both for very different reasons.
Knowing the fate of the world without him, the nations know the importance of finding the Avatar, either to assist him... Or to put an end to him.

Sozan's Comet has not yet come, but it is fast approaching, and the Air Nomads are unprepared for the devastation that is about to unfold upon them.
Earth Kingdom scouts have confirmed sightings of large forces approaching the several air temples, whatever Sozan is planning, it will alter the balance of the world completely.

Avatar-World-Map-avatar-the-last-airbender-10941960-1659-1416.jpg

We start a short time after Aang fled the temple and encased himself in ice, and before sozan's comet has landed, which starts the war and the genocide of the Air Nomads.
Knowing the importance for finding the Avatar, some Earth Kingdom and Fire Kingdom troops are sent in small parties to find the Avatar.
After one of the Earth Kingdom parties is ambushed, the sole survivor wishes to continue the search, and seeks help across the globe from different skills and nationalities.

This rp is based around 0 AG, so technology will be similar to that of the time. As well as that, there will be no avatar player, perhaps far into the future I will bend the rp further from the canon lore and accept one, but don't expect it any time soon. The rp will contain scenes of grim violence and such, so if you have an issue with anything like that this might not be for you.

As there is no avatar, there is no avatar state to zip the group out of a tricky situation. Instead, our characters may have special hidden potentials that they will unleash when under such distress. As for the characters themselves, they will generally be young ~16-25 or whatever seems appropriate, and their skill level should generally start out as 'medium' at best, I won't accept any 'masters' as I prefer having room for the characters to grow.

The main events of the rp will follow significant historical events, such as sozan's comet. I will also be creating various side plots for our characters to experience along the way. I also greatly enjoy 'personal growth' story-lines where a character or characters perhaps resolve something close to them. This is why I would encourage players to message me any ideas or wishes they have along the way, maybe relating to their character or just something they feel would be entertaining/impacting.

So Randomfella, who are you looking for in this rp?
First and foremost, I am only looking for players who commit to roleplays that they join. If you have ever left a roleplay midway because you got bored, please don't apply. I am planning this for the long run, and I will constantly be keeping the rp fresh and up to date.

As for post length, I expect those who can consistently provide 2 or more paragraphs, giving enough room to react to others, internally examine a situation, and respond. Though I do understand sometimes a paragraph is all that is needed in a response, the norm should be 2+.

I would like a post twice a week, but expect one at least once a week. If at any time a player knows they will be unable to post for an extended period of time, simply let me know so it can be worked in to the story.

Those who apply should have a reasonable knowledge of the lore, preferably having watched all of ATLA. If you're a bit rusty you can read up on History of the World of Avatar
The lore isn't extremely intensive, but I will still try to follow it as best as possible. Whether or not you have watched Korra is unimportant as the lore in that series will likely have very little to do with this rp.

I'm looking for around 4-5 players to start including myself, but if there's a large amount of interest I may accept another group entirely.

Last edited:
I'm definitely interested. I'm thinking of either an Earth-Bending mercenary who escaped his stifling, 'noble' home, or a former assassin/thief Chi-Blocker that now wanders as a simple, good-deed-doing traveler.

Hello! I'd be interested in joining your role play. I'll definitely have to refresh on parts of it, but A:TLA was one of my favorite shows. (=

Last edited:
This sounds like such a cool plot for an Avatar RP! I would love to join, if there's more room! ^^

This sounds like such a cool plot for an Avatar RP! I would love to join, if there's more room! ^^

Plenty of room atm :^) Just trying to find the right people for the rp so it can actually go on for a long while. Feel free to make a character if you've read the rules of it and whatnot :D

Hmmm this has definitely caught my interest. I haven't been keen on joining a lot of rps lately since I am tired of joining rps before they even start or dying shorting after starting. However, seeing as how you are attempting to make this a long lasting rp it's caught my eye.

Hmmm this has definitely caught my interest. I haven't been keen on joining a lot of rps lately since I am tired of joining rps before they even start or dying shorting after starting. However, seeing as how you are attempting to make this a long lasting rp it's caught my eye.

All players eager to commit over a long rp are welcome to join :D

Heyo! Just read everything and this definitely sounds cool and would be a fun long term Roleplay. Avatar the last airbender has always been one of my favorite shows and it's nice to see it still around in RP communities. I'll have to catch up on some of the lore but i'll do that immediately as well as creating my character. Can't wait!

I'm really glad this is still accepting characters. Is it two separate groups we're playing? Cause I'd like to play a firebender and earthbender.

I'm really glad this is still accepting characters. Is it two separate groups we're playing? Cause I'd like to play a firebender and earthbender.
Sorry I forgot to change the status of the interest check to momentarily closed, I will be accepting new characters after the first arc however, but only one or perhaps two characters at a time. You are free to create characters in advance though, a space may open early if someone leaves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back