• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Saga of the Nineteen Islands

So, I have a mind to admit a character for acceptance to your RP, if you aren't already full up. I've read over the lore, but I feel that I need to ask some questions before I fill out a CS. This, because I don't even know if the character I have in mind would fit. I can and will, of course, change the names of places and such to match the setting. But I don't want to go through the effort of converting her to the setting if she outright doesn't fit.

1) Which of the various territories is the most wild? I ask because I intend to make a tribal/savage type of character. I usually refer to her as a barbarian, but I'm hesitant to use the term around D&D inspired settings because she does not fit the class. She would have a tribal cave somewhere with her kin, and thus I would need to have a relatively unsettled wilderness to call her home.

2) Are goblins considered monsters in your setting? I ask because the character I have in mind, is in fact a goblin. I haven't gone over EVERY detail of the lore, yet. But I've only read mentions of Humans, Dwarves, Elves, Dragonborn, Tiefling, Tabaxi, Orcs, Halflings, Drow, Hobgoblins, Gith, and Kobolds. None of which I'm interested in playing as. I also have not read any specific places that Orcs dwell (as my character would have an affinity with them)

3) Are animal companions allowed? I ask because she has one, and I would like to know if I can include it.

4) Is the pantheon in place strictly limited to the aspect dragons? If not, are you allowing characters to have patron deities of a player's own creation? Maybe if they are Lesser Deities?

1 & 2 are most important, as I can negate the creature companion and patron god without any real compromise to the character build. But I definitely need to have a spot of wild area for my goblin to call home. Someplace temperate and forested is preferred. Definitely not somewhere frozen or a desert. I was looking at the possibility of the Fenn, but don't wanna impose a goblin tribe amongst them. I was also considering maybe the Eastern end of West Reach (if it's forested), or the forested part of the Free Cities. Basically, just somewhere still untamed and forested.

Depending on the answers, I can move ahead and get a CS submitted asap.

Last edited:
hi!~
I'm v thrilled to see a thread like this. i have yet to read the lore so i can decide on a charrie/get a better feel for the world, but before i do i'd like to make sure it's still openfor accepting members of the search group?

So, I have a mind to admit a character for acceptance to your RP, if you aren't already full up. I've read over the lore, but I feel that I need to ask some questions before I fill out a CS. This, because I don't even know if the character I have in mind would fit. I can and will, of course, change the names of places and such to match the setting. But I don't want to go through the effort of converting her to the setting if she outright doesn't fit.

1) Which of the various territories is the most wild? I ask because I intend to make a tribal/savage type of character. I usually refer to her as a barbarian, but I'm hesitant to use the term around D&D inspired settings because she does not fit the class. She would have a tribal cave somewhere with her kin, and thus I would need to have a relatively unsettled wilderness to call her home.

2) Are goblins considered monsters in your setting? I ask because the character I have in mind, is in fact a goblin. I haven't gone over EVERY detail of the lore, yet. But I've only read mentions of Humans, Dwarves, Elves, Dragonborn, Tiefling, Tabaxi, Orcs, Halflings, Drow, Hobgoblins, Gith, and Kobolds. None of which I'm interested in playing as. I also have not read any specific places that Orcs dwell (as my character would have an affinity with them)

3) Are animal companions allowed? I ask because she has one, and I would like to know if I can include it.

4) Is the pantheon in place strictly limited to the aspect dragons? If not, are you allowing characters to have patron deities of a player's own creation? Maybe if they are Lesser Deities?

1 & 2 are most important, as I can negate the creature companion and patron god without any real compromise to the character build. But I definitely need to have a spot of wild area for my goblin to call home. Someplace temperate and forested is preferred. Definitely not somewhere frozen or a desert. I was looking at the possibility of the Fenn, but don't wanna impose a goblin tribe amongst them. I was also considering maybe the Eastern end of West Reach (if it's forested), or the forested part of the Free Cities. Basically, just somewhere still untamed and forested.

Depending on the answers, I can move ahead and get a CS submitted asap.
1) Most wild, you're looking at the Fenn or the Yuron, or the interior of the colonies. I'd hesitate to permit this tribal cave thing but if you've got a good picture in your head then write it up
2) Again, hesitant to let a goblin in. I've not really written a civilised place for Goblins to exist in. In fact, I've only really had them appear alongside hobgoblins. So I'd say you can write it up, but be prepared for me to say that the character may have to change.
3) If it makes sense, sure.
4) The pantheon is fixed; First Born can act as patron deities but they generally don't get involved in mortal affairs

hi!~
I'm v thrilled to see a thread like this. i have yet to read the lore so i can decide on a charrie/get a better feel for the world, but before i do i'd like to make sure it's still openfor accepting members of the search group?
It is still accepting ^^

1) Most wild, you're looking at the Fenn or the Yuron, or the interior of the colonies. I'd hesitate to permit this tribal cave thing but if you've got a good picture in your head then write it up
2) Again, hesitant to let a goblin in. I've not really written a civilised place for Goblins to exist in. In fact, I've only really had them appear alongside hobgoblins. So I'd say you can write it up, but be prepared for me to say that the character may have to change.
3) If it makes sense, sure.
4) The pantheon is fixed; First Born can act as patron deities but they generally don't get involved in mortal affairs
okies. I just left out the patron god because it won't go with what you got. I'm also leaving out the creature companion since you're alrready iffy about the whole concept. I posted the CS to the appropriate thread for approval.

Last edited:
Oi! sorry for the waste of time, but I've kind of lost my mojo for this genre and character. i had been pushing her to try and get into something for a couple weeks now and was at the end of my rope. Was trying to get her into something before my muse died, but... it died. lol
Anyhow, thank you for your time regardless.

Oi! sorry for the waste of time, but I've kind of lost my mojo for this genre and character. i had been pushing her to try and get into something for a couple weeks now and was at the end of my rope. Was trying to get her into something before my muse died, but... it died. lol
Anyhow, thank you for your time regardless.
No problem! Thanks for writing up the character anyway! Hope you find your muse again!

I'm thinking of posting a skeleton form of my charrie so I at least have something up, but I was wanting to do something similar to the forms already up. I'm new to this site though, so I have no idea how to do the coding to achieve it:-_-lines:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back