The RP Rules

King Ad Rock

Abednego
Roleplay Availability

Rules

1. Communication - OOC communication is the most important part of a thriving and successful role-play. As a player, you are required to participate in the OOC discussion as often as possible. Drop in, say hello, ask everyone how their day was. Don't be afraid to tag people or PM them. Get to know everybody who will be participating. Let everyone know where your character is/what they are doing/where they are going. Be friendly, polite, and most of all, charming.

2.Interactions - The goal of this role-play will be to create an epic narrative experience and tell a fantastic collective story. The glue that helps build and hold this together will be our character interactions. Character depth and progression are key components to making something worth reading and doing. Your characters should change and become different people through the course of our chapters and interactions. Characters shouldn't congregate just for the hell of it, and should part ways if the narrative calls for it (only to possibly come back together later on). The common rules of almost every RP about interactions will apply.

-No controlling other player-character's without the user's permission in any way, shape, or form. This should cover all forms of Godmodding and auto-hitting.

-No Mary-Sues. Get outta' here. We like realistic, gritty characters here.

-Romance is allowed and even encouraged if it enhances the story and character depth in any way, but be warned, players should handle it CAREFULLY and MATURELY. Keep it realistic, low-key, non over dramatic or attention seeking. Keep it appropriate and follow ALL site rules. The whole "Fade to Black" is a perfect and welcome tool. Any corny-ass shit will get a PM and warning.

-Your character can be the biggest ass on Azae, but keep all OOC chatter friendly and kind. You will get one private verbal warning over this and that is it.

-Combat will be done in a written narrative system. This will be explained in rule 3.

3.Combat - Combat between player-characters will be written out and discussed before hand and during in OOC & PM. There is no system, it is all narrative. There is no competition between us (why would there be?) so please try and make it fun and realistic. A small man can take down a giant if he plans right and the tides turn in his favor. Combat should be planned out and then posted in a joint post by one of the participants to avoid thread clutter and multiple posting back-and-fourth. If you are new to joint posting, please give me a PM and I will explain in detail.

4.Dropping Out/Absence - If this RP becomes too much to handle (it is an ambitious project) or you need to take an extended leave but would like to come back then that is fine, just drop me a PM and if you are coming back I will edit in next to your name in the cast section. All I ask is that you do not drop without a word and leave us wondering and waiting. Any one who goes longer than 8 days without any type of response or PM will be considered to have dropped. If this happens to you and would still wish to return then just send me a PM and we can talk.

5. Post Order - Due to the high number of player characters we will have multiple traveling groups at once in different parts of Azae, doing their own thang. Everybody must get a first post in, establishing a location in Zeldwa before we can move on to second posts. Post order from there will be dictated by what group you are in/are getting to. For example, if players A, B, & C are in one spot and players E & D are in another, then player A,B, & C can post in whatever order they agree upon to each other, while players E & D are free to do the same. This system allows players to not have to wait for another player to post that has nothing to do with their own character. To avoid confusion, all group members lists/group locations will be constantly edited into the Updates tab to allow everyone to know who is with who and where.. If there are any questions please use PM and OOC. Remember that @Dirk Diggler is our co-Gm and can help as well.

6. Post Cleaning - As thread creator I reserve the right to edit anyone's posts in order to fix spelling/small grammatical mistakes such as present/past tense issues. I WILL NEVER change anything that characters do or say, or anything at all to change the original post. This is only to fix mistakes and avoid possible confusion and to keep things fluid and moving.

7. Have Loads of Fun - You heard the sexy font.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread