• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Rotten Chestnut(An Inn Roleplay)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

FliesandSpiders

The Rotten Chestnut

You are tired. Weary.

As you walk along the lone road up along the grasslands all you want to do is go to sleep.

You keep moving along the road you eventually come to a crossroads.

You blink and suddenly there's a huge sprawling in located in almost of the exact center of it.

There are two stables and a couple sheds standing to either side of it.

You could have sworn it hadn't been there a minute before.

As soon as the thought enters your mind it's gone again, as if by magic.

It seems to perfect spot to stop and take a rest.

The Story

You are a traveler on a journey. You might be going to slay some monster. You might be journeying to visit some family member. Everyone has a story.

But that's not important. What's important is that even people on quests need to take a rest sometime. You find yourself at The Rotten Chestnut Inn.

At first glance it seems like there is something wrong with the inn. A sort of gut feeling. But then as if by magic, the thought fades from your mind.

It's just a normal inn found at a cross roads even though most of the staff seem less then human. You on staying the night or maybe a little longer.

You have no idea that the price for staying in The Rotten Chestnut is more then just gold or silver. Will you survive?

Some things
1) This is my first time attempt at trying to GM anything. It's meant to be a kind of fun, casual way to learn how to torture charcters....er learn how to GM. That being said I'll try and make things as interesting as possible.

2) Obviously we're going to try and abide by RPnations rules that are already in place. The most mature themes I'm going to be using are my fictional alcohols and possible fade to black if any major romances does occur. Also mentions or injuries and or other possible effects may occur(again keeping within RPnations rules)

3) Okay, let me make something perfectly clear from the beginning; this roleplay is not meant to be wholly fun for the characters you bring into it. Characters can and will be injured, poisoned, lose their memories, possibly get their souls sucked out, or even die. All in pure fun of course. If you can't handle that don't join.
P.S. there may be some happy ending of course depending on how things go

4) I'm going to be using a 1-10 dice for this roleplay. Rolls of 1-5 will make very bad things happen to your character. Rolls of 6-10 will make bad things happen to your character. Or some possible good things....like help from certain NPCs.

5) You and bring in any characters you want as often as you want.

6) Your characters can absolutely team up to try and figure out the weird stuff that's going on.

7) This is the last thing I can think of. As it's my first time GMing I would absolutely love to hear some constructive criticism on how well I'm doing. I'm setting up an OOC thread to not only talk to some of my players out of the game, but to receive some feedback on some things I need to improve or what I'm doing well.

Room and Guest List

East Wing

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)

8)
9)
10)
11)

12)

West Wing

13)
14)
15)
16)
17)
18)
19)
20)
21)
22)
23)

24)

╔══════════════╗
𝔗𝔥𝔢 ℜ𝔬𝔱𝔱𝔢𝔫 ℭ𝔥𝔢𝔰𝔱𝔫𝔲𝔱 𝔊𝔯𝔞𝔫𝔡 ℜ𝔢-𝔒𝔭𝔢𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔤
╚══════════════╝

After two years in a bubble of isolated time and space The Rotten Chestnut blinked back into existence across the world. The period of non-existence was a thing that happened every time the inn changed hands. The new manager of the building used two years to make whatever changes they wanted to the building. The Rotten Chestnut was a very large inn. In some worlds one might even say it was more like a hotel then an inn, but it had been called an inn since the dawn of time when the first manager opened it up. Besides hotels were more of a human thing in worlds that existed with more technology and less magic. The Rotten Chestnut was bursting with magic. It tended to make technology completely frizzle out.

Anyway, the inn was fairly large. It was an ancient looking stone building with a green tiled roof that stood three stories high. There were also green shutters on all the windows that matched to the roof. They weren't strictly necessary, but the current owner liked the look of them. Fresh flowers had also been planted in the long beds that ran the length of the hotel. Strange, exotic flowers in various colours of purple, blue-greens, and oranges. There were also different kinds of shrubs in the beds along with the flowers. There were huge sprawling trees that dotted the ground. The stables were a feature that was always kept but the current manager had added some stalls so the grand total was at twenty.

Though not visible from the front there was a back court yard just filled to the brim with various plants. These were plants gathered from various worlds. A new addition were the various stone statues of different gods the 'existed' in other worlds. There were comfortable looking benches and arm chairs to sit on that were arranged around small campfires. There were stone path ways leading from the back door of the hotel all around the courtyard and down towards the bathing area. There were three hot springs and an actual bath house.

There were also the lights of course. Electricity didn't work at The Rotten Chestnut. In light of this the managers had always been forced to turn to other means of making sure people could see. The current manager had utilized fae lights. There were carved wooden stands at the entrance, between the flower beds, and all long the paths. At night they came alive with glowing round spheres that hovered about two inches over top of them. These were mostly bright white but occasionally they were set to other colours.

All in all the current manager Zennoth was quite pleased with himself. All he had to do now were wait for people to discover his masterpiece.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back