• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
test2.jpg
TALES OF VERATTIA:
The Roaring Sky
Valheim, one of the many continents scattered across the vast world of Verattia, once stood proud in its unmistakable glory. United under one banner, the people of land lived in peace and prosperity. With the Geirskul Empire's just and firm leadership, they lived without fear, reassured that no terror could ever befall them under the Empire's protection.

However, everything has a beginning and an end - and it was a fated day of doom, as many would recall.

The skies that were once as clear as the waters of the purest river were swiftly overrun and transformed into a swirling vortex of dark clouds, which enveloped the land in darkness. An endless storm brewed at its center, periodically scattering bolts of unfiltered wrath unto the land, leaving only death and ruin in their path - each bolt came with a roar and for each roar, hundreds of lives were consumed.

On that very day, the current sovereign, Emperor Razik Duthram Vulkarr III, had his health take a grim turn. With no heir to take his place as he fell prey to an unknown curse, unable to rise from his deathbed nor leave his mortal shell, the lands of Valheim was left to chaos.

But in the midst of darkened skies, there will always be a ray of hope.

Tasha Zeldem Duthram, a distant relative of the incapacitated emperor, had the bravery to take the burden of leadership. With her trusted conclave and the faith of the people, she enacted a plan that allowed the Empire to recover and enter temporary pseudo-stability until the problems it faced are resolved.

After several months had passed, she called upon the brave and the resolute, proclaiming the creation of a workforce that would figure out the mystery of the eternal storm, and return the calm skies that once flew above their heads - such a force would be eventually given the name Stormchasers. With the support of Valheim and its new steward, they began their perilous journey towards the unknown - their hearts illuminated with hope and determination.

Will such a light persist through the trials they are to face, or will it be snuffed out by the storm's wrath? Only time will tell.

Welcome to the interest check!

In this RP, you will be playing as members of the Stormchasers, an expeditionary force with the goal of solving the mystery of the storm that plagues the land. Here, characters with the classic "zero to hero" approach. Meaning, the characters will start off as weak and/or average individuals, but slowly grow as powerful ones as the story progresses.

Now, with regards to applying, I won't ask for much.
If you can make a decent post every so often and contribute to the story, that's all I need. One liners, multi-paragraphs, wall of texts - it doesn't matter. Although a balance between too few words and too many words is always preferred.
Of course, that includes you following RPN's rules - but I'm very certain that's already a given.

If you are interested in joining, please post in the thread below.
Questions are welcome, don't be afraid to ask them.

HossaRaffuSnakerRang HossaRaffuSnakerRang Constantin Valdor Constantin Valdor Ramjammer Ramjammer umeslime umeslime Hawk Hawk HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest fault fault Cauldhill Cauldhill

An OOC thread has been created, feel free to hang out there for a while. The CS & lore threads are being worked upon, they should be up soon enough.

Reinhardt Reinhardt I'd like to add in a tentative interest. I have a question though. Are half-breeds a thing, and if so how are they treated in the different societies?

Reinhardt Reinhardt I'd like to add in a tentative interest. I have a question though. Are half-breeds a thing, and if so how are they treated in the different societies?

Yes, half-breeds exist. In terms of capabilities, they get half of the non-dominant half, and complete of the dominant one.

They are mostly welcomed by human society, with inevitable sprinkles of discrimination here and there.

In elven societies they're considered impure and are considered second-class citizens most of the time. Exceptions come rarely, but if they do, they're usually endorsed by a pure-breed or earned a good reputation through merit.

Dwarves and gnomes don't really care. As long as they respect the tradition and culture, all is good.

The Kharsai throw them out immediately. Sometimes they're killed and offered as a sacrifice to return the "sacredness of their blood".

Beastfolk are pretty much half-breeds by nature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back