• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

The Rise and Fall of Aurea [Star Wars]

I am also trying to figure out if it is possible to start the game with a Lightsaber, or if I have to hunt for one.

In my limited experience, skills are what I usually like to buy first. I like feeling well-rounded. Once I feel like I have a decent enough dice pool for the things I want to do well, at that point talents are good way to go. Talents usually make you a little better at something you're already good at, which is why you need skills first. Force Powers, I have no experience with in this system.

I have been told that Attributes are harder to raise up with Xp, compared to Skills, so I focused on raising up as many of my numbers as I can.

Oh yes, always spend as much XP on attributes as you can. Largely because of how dice pool calculations work. How many dice you roll is the higher of your attribute plus ability combination, well the number of trained I see roll is the lower of the two. In play, I found that having a high base attribute goes a long way towards making up for having no skill. And then if you do invest in skills, it's very easy to start rolling pretty well.

Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws What era are we playing in? Will it be possible for me to have a Lightsaber starting out if I can afford it, or is it something I have to hunt down?

You could always take the KOTOR II Option that your character had a lightsaber , and they have the scrounge for parts and/or Kyber crystals to build a new one. If you’d like your PC to already have some training you could say they were a Jedi before the Empire’s rise and their lightsaber was destroyed in fighting or lost/given up as part of their hiding , perhaps they were a Padawan or an apprentice that lost their master early into their training as a result of Order 66.

I’m going for a Jedi Consular-Healer , but I’ve yet to get into all the gritty numbers and mechanical details just yet. I’ve got most of the character concept ready though - it doesn’t really matter whether she has a Saber or not , though how long it’s been does because that influences how old she realistically could be.

The Character Generator that Red Shadow Claws linked for us has been very helpful.

I am just waiting for RSC to respond about the Lightsabers. I don't want to get too far into buying equipment before I know what the answer is on that.

I’m sure it is! I’m waiting to do it since my computer hadto update , but I’ll be sure to use it when it’s online! Hopefully I’ll have my healer up sooner rather than later (hopefully by this time tomorrow if not earlier , though I can’t guarantee that). Does it give me how many points I have to put into everything? I already have the concept plotted out and details , I just have to wait to see how all the mechanics will work out (which is , admittedly , my weakness as it relates to this).

Yes, its very handy to use. You should have no problems with using it.

My first draft of my sheet's done. Where would you like them?

PM me the sheet

Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws What era are we playing in? Will it be possible for me to have a Lightsaber starting out if I can afford it, or is it something I have to hunt down?

The Empire is in full swing, and the rebellion is barely picking up. As I said, this is before the new movies.
No Lightsaber starting out, at least, not one with a kyber crystal. Those are very rare, and the Empire is keeping close watch on places they can be found.

I take it then it’s somewhere between ROTS and ANH then? Likely something like 10 BBY , 9 years after the first Empire Day but another 10 before the destruction of the First Death Star?

Regarding Force Powers...

I find that there are two main schools of thought on this.

1. Pick one or two Force Powers and focus on them.

2. Get as much a variety of Force powers as possible, even if none of them is powerful, and then improve them in game.

For the most part, it's not easy getting more than 1 white pip with one Force die... so most of the upgrades, if they require more pips, will make you use the dark side, and accrue conflict.

Ah! I see!

And as for that , my character’s very healing focused , so depending on how many healing abilities the healer class has she’d likely only have healing-related abilities , and primarily related to being able to fix people up at that. Though , she’s supposed to be ridiculously light side so I’m not sure how far she’d go with any ability if she’d have to use the Dark aside to further them. (Though she’s also ridiculously devoted to healing everyone , so it’s possible she’d risk it if it meant she could fix people better).

Well, I trimmed back my Talents because without a Lightsaber, it won't work too well. That gave me more points to put into my stats. A friend of mine off line has told me repeatedly that buying Attributes is very expensive, and any points I can get now in Character Creation will go a long way.

So with mi limited starting XP of 110 I figure I’ll go for Int and Discipline , because I can only afford 2 attributes and those seem the best for a healer , and subsequently see what skills best suit her. (110 XP/500 credits is about all she can start with yes? I can’t cash in her morals/obligations/duties because while she has a lot of all that she wouldn’t be the type to cash in off of that just to get a few XP points).

We also get an additional 50 xp from our Illustrious Storyteller.

My CS should be ready , assuming I've done this correctly that is!

Attachments

• ISTAR_CHARACTER_SHEET_2.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 8
Well, I have my sheet done (I think) and will post it here so I can get some feedback from everyone.

Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws Thanks for the Training Lightsaber! Its a step in the right direction!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back