• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

The Rise and Fall of Aurea [Star Wars]

Red Shadow Claws

Six Thousand Club
The planet of Aurea is known for it's magnificent art. But is it art that has brought you here? or maybe you grew here?
Whatever the case, Aurea is the place where you journey will begin, and who knows where the road will lead you...

This is a Star Wars game, using the FFG rules.

Thanks for the tag, but I know absolutely nothing about the system, or character creation, or anything other than what I've seen in the movies. While I think that running a Jedi would be highly awesome, I'd just be a never ending font of questions.

lol Thanks for the offer. If you can, give me some details on what books I might need and I'll see if I can find them on PDF to download.

If you want to play a Force user, then you need Force & Destiny. If you don't wanna be a Force user, Edge of the Empire or Age of Rebellion are your friends. Feel free to ask any question.

Ok, I found several Force & Destiny books online, so I can start to look them over. Any suggestions you can offer for a first time player?

read the core book first. it has info on character creation, and an overview of the 6 jedi careers.

see which one fits your style, and delve into it.

Honestly, I'd recommend

There's also a very nice summary comic here.

If you're just looking at character creation, it's worth your while to Google "Star Wars Fantasy Flight character creation tutorial" and watch a few videos, it can speed up your digestion of the book if you have the time.

Thanks for sharing that, Pips. Are you going to be joining us, assuming we can get enough players?

Also Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws , I noticed a chart in the book that lets you use your own dice to make the rolls. Are we going to use that with the dice roller here, or are you going to make the rolls yourself? Either way, I'm good with it.

Epiphany Epiphany showed me this , and I’d love to be in on this if none of you would mind helping me with the rules here and there (and how to develop a character for this , as I’d imagine it’s best to make a new character instead of using one of my exisiring ones). I’m super obsessed with Star Wars , so I’d love to be able to write here! Any era would be cool with me , though I’m more familiar with some than others and that does influence what kind of character I play as.

Also , I’m kinda super obsessively knowledgable with Star Wars , so if you want I can answer your questions so far as I’m able to Sherwood Sherwood !

I've seen all the films but The Last Jedi, and I'm a general fan of the whole genre. I am looking at a Force sensitive, and I have a PDF of the book that I'm reading up on right now. But, any and all help in this system will be quite welcome!

Ahhh , I see. The issue there is that I’m rather unfamiliar with the rules of this RPG system myself. I’m terribly sorry for the confusion! I more meant generally deeper parts of the Lore and such (IE relevant recent events and stuff like species , tools , etc. that may be useful to know about. Minutae , essentially). I’m very sorry if I didn’t make that clear enough! I’m afraid relative to the system I’m likely more clueless than you are due to your having experience with other tabletop/D20 style RPGs whereas I don’t have very much of that going for me. Apologies!

I would love to join! I've been wanting to try out the FFG system/s for a while :3

Knowledge on what era this should be set in and/or if there's any guidelines for characters (such as, should we already know each other before hand? Should we be of similar factions?)

Hey all, it's been a couple of hectic days, so wasn't able to post.

This is set in an Era where the Empire is in control. This is before the events of the new movies.

As for being new to the system, I have no problem teaching newbies, and I think it's an easy enough system to learn.

Regarding dice rolls, we can use this dice roller:
Star Wars (FFG) | RPG Dice Roller

When you copy your results, you can also copy the dice, for example:

ability-success-03fdc41e08aaf8c46f64d489fbfe3914880b38f7a7c3e996a80d3906fa2414fe.png
ability-success-03fdc41e08aaf8c46f64d489fbfe3914880b38f7a7c3e996a80d3906fa2414fe.png
ability-blank-6f8afa40869c86bf726e360303e2bed65fd423bf1cc1b64ccc12fd678915afe5.png
difficulty-threat-fc6a30a6e98dd47e578476e70ee2c88a5a1053c5a632978d2055abf63e1c0ca5.png
difficulty-failure-failure-a83cfa8e42de7f2b4d0009ad175039493c85ea10f6a00007a1d562747852c659.png
proficiency-success-advantage-4107efd460089350274bc846d4e0b7cdead019f0e604147afe25bab877cb3818.png
boost-success-advantage-723c8f639bfbb0d6bb04d6ad3461defc93a98e2594d280466c5d071e09c1be40.png
setback-blank-d32008a2d631f81957402fd64f50d83b6d708172d82a3fd766cb99e4b2869725.png
setback-threat-1e168d725dec4f675607112b6fb43ce022e82be06d92199a5e77cf517b982bdb.png

The dice rolled: 4 successes, 2 advantages, 2 failures, 2 threats
success-50fa60ecaa8d897d1b7cc6032bd39fc7af21197a54049713da1401b531a81173.png
success-50fa60ecaa8d897d1b7cc6032bd39fc7af21197a54049713da1401b531a81173.png

The end result: 2 successes

As you can see from the above dice roll, successes and failures cancel one another, and advantages and threats cancel one another.

This is very much a narrative system, so if you get Advantages, Threats, Despair and/or triumph, you can also add your own ideas of what those might mean.

Regarding character creation:
Any of the three sourcebooks is available, as are any of the expansions. (There are sourcebooks that expand each of the Careers, and if you want to see what those entail, let me know)

I find that using a character generator makes making a character much easier to manage and understand.
You can find one here, and i think it's the best generator:
Another Character Generator (click on the link at the top of the first post)

If you can have everyone know of one another, that would be best.

When making your character, you can add 50 XP (those cannot be spent on Attributes).

NO EMPIRE CHARACTER. You can decide to have a rebel character, but unless everyone is, you're probably better off disguising that. Same is not everyone is a rebel and you play a Force user.

And one tip, playing a Force user is fun, and can make for some powerful characters who can do interesting things, but it is also a huge investment in terms of XP, and you can make a character that's no less spectacular without having any ability with the Force.

If you have an idea for a character, and you can't seem to make sense of how to build it, DO LET ME KNOW. i know the system well enough to maybe see some solution that might not occur to you. Heck, if need be, I might whip up a suitable Talent Tree for the kind of character you want to play.

BTW, one further tip, that took me while to learn, but proved awesome when I did. Even if a roll seems to be against you, is no reason not to try it. I once rolled 2 Ability dice, against 4 Difficulty dice, and 2 Setback dice, and I actually pulled a success on it. It felt great doing it. And it was a Stealth roll to get around unnoticed.

Well, even as difficult as playing a Force user might be, I have had the urge stuck in me ever since watching Annikan and Obi-Wan go full bore at one another in Revenge of the Sith to have a Lightsaber in my (character's) hand and knocking laser blasts out of the way as I carve into the bad guys.

I am going to try my hand at a Human Sentinel Shien Expert. Wish me luck.

I wish all of you luck. And while it can be difficult, it sure is rewarding. I played both Force users and 'normal' people, and I loved all of them.

I'm currently working to download and open the character generator, so that should be a big help.

I want to say thanks again for taking me on in this. I hope to have a lot of fun.

I’m still working on mine , but it’s taking me a lot longer , so I probably won’t have it until tomorrow or even Thursday/Friday , unfortunately.

Take your time. I doubt Sherwood's ready to go and I have a hunch the boss is still hoping for another player or two.

I'm debating on how many points to put into Skills, Talents and Force Powers. So much out there to buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back