• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

supermartinbros

❝My wings have broken off and I keep falling...❞
Roleplay Type(s)
Lucile clutched her bag's hand tighter than before, gulping down any nervousness she had down to her stomach she felt dizzy, even though she had went to the trading industry since she was a small child it always felt so, how should she say? Nervous, and uncomfortable she felt her hands beginning to shake, again. Agh! Of all the times she always had her hands shake, inside her bag she scavenged a few things she thought were precious, some gears, parts, or whatever she could find she stumbled on the brick road, she gasped before falling on her knees. "Ow..." she muttered to herself, Lucile, it's just a trade... Nothing will happen... Nothing. she mumbled over and over inside her head feeling herself touch her knee.

She winced, did she scrape it? Probably, she bit her lip now wasn't the time to dwiddle-daddle she had to hurry up and get to the trade shop, she had a deadline or else she wouldn't get the money for this weeks food. She got up without a hassle and continued to strode along, her bag continuing to bang against her thigh, she scratched her hair, wondering if she looked alright, looking up at the moon she whispered some prayers, her mom had always told her she would be watching from above in heaven and so would any other person who ever cared about her.

Lucile stooped her tracks when she heard some yelling from the alley, she swallowed. Was it coming here? But something inside her told her to head to where the commotion was made, she took small steps toward the alleyway before spying on a a group of boys, perhaps her age or older. One of them snickered before grabbing a boy? A girl? but he seemed to look like a boy by the shirt, he growled his eyes focusing and searching the boy's face with intensity, "You dumb girl. You really thought you could be a boy?" the main looking boy asked, one of them snickered again, before shouting, "You can never fake it! Weirdo!" Lucile felt her gut tighten, what were these guys doing? she thought bitterly, but what could she do? There were at least 6 of them there, and one of herself here.

She walked out from the shadows which seemed to caught the boys attentions, she felt hollow her heart thumping harder than it ever did before, these people she didn't even know them, and they could hurt her or even kill her she felt her hands tremble, one of them had a crooked smile, "Aww... Did you invite your little sister?" one of them taunted, Lucile felt anger flare up inside her she frowned, and yelled back, "No! I'm not his sister. Let the boy go." she warned but her voice shook, she cursed herself, why couldn't she have a stronger voice look more brave? Have a face to help people?

"Girl. I'll count to 10, if you forget about this and leave." the main one warned, she felt pressure rising inside her heart, blood, head, her temples thumped so hard she was sure her brain would pop. She took a step closer which made the boy's hand twitch she held up a hand, "I'll give you a deal." she mumbled, she scrimmaged through her bag, surely she had something precious she smiled, she did. She let out a breath in and out before looking at the boy who was getting bullied, "Here, I'll give you this if you leave the boy alone." she told calmly, they wouldn't resist a bracelet made out of real silver of course not. it was too precious to be refused, their eyes widened as if she was holding a treasure. One of them stopped from holding the boy and neared her, she was sure she was going to pass out at the moment if she didn't see the boy.

"Really? You sure? We won't give it back." he warned, she blinked of course they wouldn't return they must be idiots or have nuts inside their head, she nodded and the boy snatched it, he yelled to his group before smiling and snickering, yelling insults to both of them before leaving deeper into the alleyway. Lucile sighed her breath was shallow with nervousness she walked to the boy who was being bullied earlier, "Are you alright?" she asked, her voice sounded feeble like as if it were of a child.

lackingsleeq lackingsleeq

Last edited:
The boy looked up, his muddy face was streaked with sweat, blood, and tears. His clothes were ripped and he looked like he hadn't slept or eaten for days. In fact, he might be better off straight out of prison. His messy hair was matted and tangled into some sort of ginger birds' nest.

The boy adjusted his collar nervously and looked at her. He had an heir of once living a comfy life, but his hollow visage said that life was long gone. After a second of looking at her he gave a short, curt nod and tried to hide his bloody palms by putting them in his pockets.

Lucile frowned, who would do this? Only those means roughened groups she thought, she crouched down so that the boy and her would have the same eye level, "Are you hungry?" she asked, she could see his pain in his eyes, his messy hair, tears, sweat, and blood streaked most of him he seemed to come out of somewhere worse than prison, what had happened to this boy? Her attention was caught again when the boy put his palms inside his pocket, were they dirty? Bloody? She didn't care she herself wasn't very clean either mud and most of her shirt, and knees some blood on one of them when she stumbled earlier, she patted the boy's head, "Here, why don't I bring you some place where you can eat." she suggested with a bashful smile.

Last edited:
His eyes widened slightly and he shook his head, shuffling back a little. But when he scooted back he touched the wall of the alley and flinched slightly. Something about him seemed a little off... Like he was somehow out of place.... Scared and out of place, be it.

Last edited:
Lucile had a hurt reaction on her face but didn't say anything, she rummaged through her bag again, as if everything was contained inside the pretty big bag. She grabbed a handkerchief and touched the boy's face with it, it was cool, not warm she didn't seem to pose any threat, "I won't hurt you." she reassured with a nervous smile herself, was she afraid too? Whatever it was she seemed... Nervous. She looked at her knee, she forgot to treat it but she slightly made an o with her mouth, Stars! She forgot the trade she had a deadline- but she swallowed down the urge to go with a kind look at the boy.

He winced at her touch and looked at the ground, taking one of his bloody hands out of his pocket and wiping his face with it. But he realized what he did and quickly put it back in his pocket, looking a little sheepish. The boy glanced back at her, not sure what to make of her.

Lucile drew back her hand slightly when he flinched but she continued on, wiping his face, after having once swift glance at his hands, Lucile had a shocked face, "Stars... Your hands..." she whispered, horrified. Not at the sight but the reason why he had to have such bloody hands, "Do..." she paused, more like hesitated, what she wanted to ask was his name, why? To help him when she had nothing herself? She wasn't a saint or angel. She was a scavenger, which made her stomach churn slightly at the word, she was just making a living she decided, "Do you have a name? Mine's Lucile." she introduced herself shuffling with her bag again.

He looked down at the floor of the alley, sighing. The boy didn’t awnser her question, either.

Lucile bit her lip, standing up, leaving the handkerchief right on his hand. "Here, take this." she smiled, before grabbing her bag and clutched it. Again. Before turning to leave, she looked for the entrance of the trade industry or at least where her trader was at. Would they still be there? Oh, stars... Hopefully they would still trade her, she just gave her silver bracelet with the boys... She clenched her fists, she continued walking she can't help the boy, she didn't have the money but she didn't want to be such a heartless person either though.

He sank to his knees, the handkerchief slowly turning red with blood. The boy closed his eyes and he felt tears sting them. Why can’t life be normal…? Why can’t I be normal..? He thought.

She heart soft noises of someone trying to stifle sobbing sounds, she pursued her lips, was the boy crying she could leave him forget anything happened pass her days like always, she looked back putting on her goggles she looked ridiculous she knew this more than anything but it always brought her some courage when she didn't have any, she walked back to the boy, "Why are you crying? I swear to the stars I-I won't want make fun of you." she replied crouching to meet his eyes, her eyes widened slightly as she saw the handkerchief she gave a moment ago was drenched with blood...

She had her mouth gaped open, "What...?" she muttered to herself, how could he have so much blood? Was it his? Or was it somebody else's? But no matter where you look he didn't seem like a boy who would hit another boy, or any kind, well appearances can't be trusted she knew that very well herself, stroking his head, she looked at him sympathetically, "You know crying doesn't do anything, right?" she told him, crying was weak. It didn't help you had to be strong if you wanted to live.

She waited till the boy stopped crying, "Why were they picking on you? Because of money? Or-?" she asked quietly, she heard some noises in the alleyway and jumped, her hair was spiked slightly, and her eyes widened, but it apparently was just a black cat, "Oh- Noir." she sighed, the black cat approached, it's eyes glinting sharply in the night, it looked cautiously at the boy before settling down somewhere near Lucile and the boy. What was Lucile doing? If the boy kept crying there was no use being here.

He hiccuped and wiped away the tears with the back of his sleeve with the hand that was holding the handkerchief.

Lucile glanced away, awkward was one word for the situation at the moment, he wouldn't talk, he was crying, so she had no clue what to do, she reached out to touch Noir which usually he would start hissing and starting to scratch her hand but apparently Noir leaned in closer to the boy, purring and leaned onto the boy, Lucile looked at the boy, "Alright. No fair. Come on! I give you fish sometimes, and you still hate me, yet you like him? Stars... Noir I don't have a clue what's in your head." she mumbled, she looked at the boy, taking off her goggles again, "He's Noir." she pointed out, "He seems to like you, does he?" she chuckled.

The boy didn’t respond, just looked down at the blood soaked handkerchief. He was no longer crying but was far from happy. He closed his eyes, sighing.

Lucile clenched her jaw, what was his problem? Did she actually make the right choice giving the dumb silver bracelet to the boys for saving the boy, he nevr once said yes or say anything she felt her blood beginning to get heated, grabbed Noir scooping him up looking at the boy, "Well, then. It was nice to meet you." she responded, in a tight voice before walking away with Noir in her arms. Noir yowled as he was taken away and began scratching her but thankfully she had her gloves on which reduced the pain. Lucile hated people when they don't answer questions or pretend they don't want to answer it was rude and it sucked.

The boy stood up quickly and said in a strained voice (that did, in fact, sound very feminine), “J- Jones… Henry…”

Lucile stopped, the sound of walking on the alleyway disappeared only to be replaced by the sound of a mew coming from a cat, she looked behind her, and immediately got it. This boy wasn't an actual boy, he was a girl who pretended to be a boy, it would make sense why the boys picked on him, and bullied him, she let Noir go onto the pavement and he immediately took off to the boy (or girl) who stated that their names was, Jones Henry? Was it opposite? Or was that just his name? She didn't ask but she took out her scratched hand which was covered with a glove and smiled, "Nice to meet you er- Jones or Henry, I'm Lucile Lacey." she explained with a smile, Noir once again went over to Henry and began purring, "Cats like you k'now." she giggled, watching the satisfied face of Noir, "What are you doing here?" she asked, oh... Gosh, I'll be late to the trade... humbug... I'll just go after I talk a bit. She thought as she dusted off her knee self-consciously.

He blinked, then sighed, looking away. He knew what she thought… everyone thought the same. When he was a prince no one doubted that he wasn’t a boy. Here, in the cobbled city everyone was distrustfully so, and it might be better that way. Sometimes, he wondered why he should even try. Was it for the crown? Was it to please his father? Was it so he wasn’t treated like girl? He supposed it wasn’t the ladder, he didn’t really mind if he was… or did he? His thoughts were so muddled up and confused he did not know them anymore. Or did he not know himself?

Lucile looked at Henry, "... Is it the reason why you don't talk?" she asked, before adding, "Because you're a girl?" she continued on, she raised her arms and crossed it around her head beginning to pace back and forth, "Also, why do you dress up like a boy? I know it's more useful but- dressing up as a boy also has it's own difficulties." she mused, she kicked a pebble, hard. But then it flung to one of the windows in the alleyway shattering it, she covered her years the shatter of glass fell down to the pavement she gulped, "Humbug. We better go." her voice was quick and twisted her eyes were wide with fear, "Oh, stars... Come on! We better go-" she said, right after the lights of the alleyway began brightening she woke the people up, she grabbed Henry's wrist strong enough to pull him with her but light enough not to feel pain. Noir kept mewing around in the alleyway until he was no longer visible.

“not a girl…” He said quietly, sounding slightly less Feminine and pulling his wrist out of her hand defensively. He shot her a glare and snapped, “So don’t call me one,” before running out into the street.

She stared at him dumbfounded, when he shot her a glare she returned one back, "Well- Fine!" she snapped back at him after he ran out into the street, she clenched her fists, if anyone took off her gloves they would see crescent moon shapes on her palms, what was that jerks problem? Why was he so on the edge? She didn't ask but, she ran. She had to hurry it was 2 more minutes until the deadline according to the watch she had in her bag, she stumbled a few times but didn't care if she didn't run she wouldn't make it.

Henry ran off, down the cobbled street and took refuge in another alley, among the old boxes and dead rats. He sat down, panting and looked down at his palms, wincing when he touched them.

Lucile huffed and panted, the lights on the streets looked dim, and the place she entered looked weirdly cursed in her vision she felt her heart feeling hollow again, it was as if it was trying to come out of her body, but she refused to admit weakness she's been doing this for over 2 years! For goodness sake she should be able to take on a dealer, she readjusted her bag on her shoulder and walked down the steps of the stairs rats lured near by her feet, and she felt disgusted. The smell of alcohol hit her at once she wanted to barf right at the moment but she looked straight ahead in front of her was the sight of a pub, she walked down the aisle talking a seat by the bar, "One water, please." she whispered to the bar tender and he gave a brisk nod before heading to face his drinks, Lucile shuddered everyone here was watching her. Where would she find her dealer?

Henry coughed and wrapped one of his hands with the handkerchief to try and stop the bleeding, then leaning against the alley wal, sighing.

Leaning against the alley wall the sounds of the pub could be heard, inside Lucile trembled every one she met look intimidating, one of the guys threw a punch to another guy she squeaked, and ducked below the counter for cover, what was she doing? She had to move! Get out! Her consciousness screamed at her to be such an idiot. She scrambled away from the counter she ducked into, she ran to one of the walls and waited for a bit of silence her breaths became gasps, she slowed down her breathing momentarily when an familiar voice slithered out from the shadows, "Lucile, why, hello there. Have you got the things I ordered you?" a female's voice came out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back