• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Legacies: World at War - In Character

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

• Mateo's hand passed through Serena's ghostly form, but this time he didn't feel the cold emptiness that had befallen him the moment his hand had slipped through Mika's form. It was strangely... warm. Bright. And less lonely than before. They were.. contracted, was the word Serena used. Her somewhat transparent form shifted and became something more material. Before, he'd been able to see straight through her to the other side. But now, he found it hard to focus on the unruly blades of grass on the ground behind her, because she blocked them from his sights. She looked more like a physical person, rather than a ghost now. Though, no one else seemed to notice the difference, Halazzi and Skyla conversating quietly on Mateo's craziness.

She told him about how the arrangement really didn't benefit him in the short term, as she was but a fragment of her being. Though, Mateo could call upon her for her centuries, decades, millennia, thousands upon thousands of centuries of wisdom and maybe battle assistance here and there. He couldn't help noticing the goddess' display of emotion, the sadness that lit her face briefly before brightening up. She looked like him. Or Skyla or Rai, or Cora when he didn't get his way and sulked. She looked like the humans and elves and spirits of the world, so much so that it was hard to believe she was really a goddess. He wondered about her other emotions. How lonely she'd felt before, and the relief that flooded into her upon hearing Mateo could see and hear her, that she finally had someone to interact with. He recognized that feeling, regarding his curse. Mana had said before that they were similar, but the small child hadn't understood the Cabrera curse fully. No one could understand, which made him feel alone. But now he realized that he wasn't truly alone. Even if his friends didn't understand it fully, even if they could never understand it fully, it had still been a relief to actually have someone to talk to about it besides the cat perched on his shoulder who didn't talk to him besides faint whispers and when they were completely alone. It felt like something he shouldn't relate to with an actual goddess, and yet it furthered to humanize her.

Serena mentioned that he would no longer look strange in front of his friends for talking to himself, and his face grew bright red. The goddess giggled and explained that now they were linked. He could just send thoughts to her, and she would answer, and he could also summon her that way.

She said one last message before disappearing in a black mist, tell the big kitty she said hi. His blush retained, wondering how the deity would react to the goddess calling him a big kitty. Mateo himself would never have the balls to say something like that in front of Halazzi, fearful that he'd fry him and give him a scar like that kid who'd come along with the Luminosa guard. There were a lot of things going on back then, but he had noticed the branching scar that littered down his face on one side of his body. It had been deeply intriguing, but Mateo had no time to gawk over it as the big kitty himself strode up on the scene only a moment after the guard had come along.

Mateo turned back to Halazzi, setting his eyes on the tiger. That distant look was gone from his face, as he was really addressing them now. "The woman, Serena, she says hi." He simply said, something about him seeming to change. He had a goddess backing him now, which put more weight to his words. The warmness the goddess of death had given him made the meeting with Halazzi that much easier.

• Mana/Nia/Kishi/RyuuniLocation: Luminosa
    Interactions: SharkBark SharkBark
    Current Weather: Clear
    Current Time: August 28th, 1337. 11:08am

Mana caught up with Rai, taking her place at his side, as child would do and remaining quiet for now. Ryuuni looked at Rai as he asked him asked him a question. He let out a hearty laugh, "Please, 'Mr. Ryuuni' was my father! Call me Ryuuni!" He calmed down a bit as Kishi shook his head in shame, "Why am I your son, dad?" Ryuuni looked towards Kishi, "Because I made sweet--" Kishi covered Ryuuni's mouth, "OKAY! I get it, just don't say anymore... please." Ryuuni smiled then looked back at Rai, "Anyways, what do I teach? I teach martial arts of all kinds. I'm sort of a master of them. I've developed a few techniques of my own. Way of the Dragon Fist, Way of Power and Way of the Silent Fist."

Kishi shook his head, "You didn't develop Way of the Silent Fist though, Dad. Mom did." Ryuuni put a finger over his lips, "SHHHH!" Kishi looked up at the restaurant they arrived at, "Here we are. The S-- uh... The Bee-- fuck, The Furious... no... I forgot what this place is called." The signage wasn't obvious but Nia interjected, "Luminous Bar & Grill. Come on, Kishi." Kishi shot a glare at Nia, "Fuck off, I can't be bothered." Nia giggled a bit, "Come on, let's eat!"

Mana nodded and went ahead with Nia first into the restaurant and they waited for the rest of the group.

Last edited:
Mood: Hungry
Rai Ikari
Thunderous Hunter
Luminosa
Rai laughed along with Ryunni as the man chortled at him referring to him as Mr. Instead, he told Rai that he could just call him by his name, no added titles. Then he explained that he taught martial arts, various kinds. And Rai was impressed to hear that Ryunni had developed some of his own techniques as well. So he must be teaching Nia as of now. And I'm guessing Kishi also picked up a thing or two from him.

After a while of walking, the group arrived at the restaurant. Kishi got the name wrong a few times at first, but Nia then chimed in and revealed that the name was, "Luminous Bar & Grill." Luminosa. Luminous. It wasn't humorous in the slightest, but Rai still couldn't help but chuckle at the lack of creativity. The Bar and Grill part got him excited though, as he hadn't had grilled food in a while. Damn, I hope they have grilled fish. And maybe some lime as well. He couldn't take it, he was so hungry that there was no time for extra thinking or conversating. With that, Rai walked into the restaurant behind Mana with a smile on his face.

Kumii Kumii AlphaBlueWolf AlphaBlueWolf
Code by Serobliss

Mood: Alert and Impressed
Castro Smith
Blue-Eyed Bandit
Unknown, Ironshire
Castro's eyes widened as he read Aleph's note saying that he had drawn the dragons. And that he's actually seen them up and close, which is why he draws them. Castro was, to say the least, shocked. Shocked that someone so young could be so detail oriented and artistic. What was he, eight or something? It was hard to believe that he drew these, but, they belonged to him. Which is a pretty decent factor that determines that it was his.

Honesty, it was hard to believe that Aleph came from a clan of dragon slayers. He was so..serene. Aleph didn't seem like he'd grow up to become a longsword-wielding dragon killer that breathed testosterone. He was talented. Well-mannered. And frankly didn't seem very strong at all. He didn't seem to be profound with any weapons, and he definitely wasn't physically powerful and durable, hell, Castro didn't even know if the boy could use magic. So why was he a part of a clan that seemed so formidable? Must be bad luck, birthed into the wrong one. Castro could only imagine how out of place the Aleph must look. Or feel, at that. Surrounded by tanks that are twice your size, with them all having extremely high expectations of you.

Castro took back the pad and wrote,

Wow, I'm impressed, Aleph. You're really talented, y'know? And I can't believe that you have encountered dragons before. Must be pretty dangerous.

He looked over the mold and back to Aleph.

I'll be right back, I have to start breaking the mold before it gets stuck.

Accordingly, Castro went to his workbench and grabbed a wedged hammer, then he went to the mold and carefully placed it on its side. From there, he placed one hand on the arm to hold it still and then raised the other with the hammer in his hand. Clang. A loud clanking sound sliced through the air as he struck the mold. Pieces of it split and began to fall off, which Castro then used the end of the wedge to scrape off. He continued this process for the next few minutes, causing scattered pieces of maroon mold to decorate the floor. By the time 20 minutes had passed, the shiny prosthetic was completely revealed. It was sleek, smooth, and identical to the boy's arm.

Step three was finished. Now it was time to make the arm a mixture of myoelectric and thought-controlled at the same time. Which was of course, not an easy task. Castro may have had experience in neurology because of his father, but he could never be too sure. It'll be dangerous. But I'll make sure it works I promised him this.

"I'm impressed with myself," Castro murmured. "I didn't expect for it to come out this identical." Castro picked up the arm and walked over to Aleph, then he outstretched it for him to take. "Do you wanna observe it?" he mouthed.

Mood: Intrigued
Akuhei
Shugosha
Unknown, Ironshire
Location - The Unknown Monarchy, the Seiryoku Empire.

"But I think it's time I gave you 50% more than I've been giving you."

Kaminari was caught off guard by Jin's comment at first. 50% more? What does that mean? Is he going to 100% now? Or is he just now using 50%? If that's the case, that means he wasn't trying in the slightest. Those instincts and reflexes, those all were base capabilities? These demons must have trained as much as Shugosha's did. Wait, no. He's a breed of spirits. Spirits naturally have unbelievable fighting prowess and abilities. That's how he's able to do all of this.

Kaminari raised his guard once more as Jin pounced at him, rapidly throwing a jab at his face and then a low body hook. Kaminari slipped the jab and then blocked the hook with his right palm, and just afterward came another hook followed by one final jab. The Shugosha managed to parry the final two punches but was caught by surprise when Jin briskly got behind him and shoulder-tackled him to the ground. His chest and head were facing the ground, so he was not able to see the downward kick that Jin delivered. It caved into his back, hitting him in his lower spine, but he was able to tank it and pushed off the ground with his hands.

The push-off sent him flying forwards into a roll that allowed him to create distance between them. Then he quickly got back up and snapped his body towards Jin. Shit, I let my guard down and got hit. How many strikes did he say he needed? 3, right? Fuck, that means he only needs two more to win.

[Suite]

"Kaminari got hit?" Aikawa said. "I'm surprised. Especially this early into the battle. He's being wreckless with his defense."

Akuhei huffed heavily and rolled his eyes. "One lucky hit. Kaminari win regardless. I have trust in brother." Just afterward, he chugged down his sake hastily and poured himself another glass. He was getting anxious from the hit, not knowing the conditions they agreed on and all, but he still put all of his confidence into Kaminari. Akuhei saw him as a formidable fighter, and definitely thought he was capable of beating Jin. He's just struggling a bit. He'll win this. He has too.

Mei began to speak of her brother, revealing to them that Jin can see a few seconds into the future, which comes from a demon genetic that he had that was called Foresight. Not even Kumii had this ability, but Mei suggested that they see Kumii in action someday. Upon hearing this information, Akuhei slammed his fist upon a table and expressed a look of frustration.

"He see future?" Kaminari boomed. "Doesn't that mean he see Kaminari's movements before they happen? That's unfair! Dishonorable to battle!"

"Akuhei, control yourself." Aikawa scolded him. "Yes, I also agree that it may be unfair to the battle, but you must not snap like that at our guests, Do you understand me, boy?" Akuhei nodded his head and looked to the floor, clearly embarrassed.

"Why are you just now telling us about this ability, Mei?" Miyahira questioned, her eyes still on the battlefield. "I thought we agreed to no abilities. Just clean fighting. Or was that a lie?"

"M-Miyahira." Domori finally spoke up. "Maybe...he can't turn it on and off. Mei said it was genetic. Which means it must be a natural thing." Finally looking at Mei, the archer asked, "Is that what it is?"

[Field]

"I'll give you that. Good tackle." Kaminari complimented. "If you're going to be trying harder to win, then it would only be fair for me to do likewise. Continue to give me a battle Jin.

Kaminari propelled himself into the air once again and pulled back for a punch. As he began to descend from the air, he threw the punch forward. But at Jin. Instead, he stopped just short of the man and delivered the punch to the ground. The impact sent gravel and dirt flying into the air in front of the demon. Kaminari's plan was to use that as a screen to hide from the demon's line of sight. Then, he hopped off of his lead leg into a superman punch. Reeling back his fist as much as possible, his hand tore threw the air as he launched his fist toward the center of Jin's face.

Kumii Kumii

Code by Serobliss

Kaius Adamson
Mood: Alert
The Conceited Genius
Adamson Estate, Ironshire

When Kaius stepped outside, he was immediately welcomed by a plethora of raindrops landing on his velvety hair. At the pace it was falling, his hair was dampened in mere moments. He didn't have an umbrella, because why in the first place? It's just water. Nothing we haven't seen before.

Looking to the air, Kaius scanned the air for any sign of the winged beasts. Yet he found nothing but a cloudy sky and raindrops on his face. The man looked around one more time before deciding on scaling up a building to get a better view. He chose his own building of course since he was the richest in the entire neighborhood and by far had the tallest home.

"Shit." he cussed as he struggled to maintain his grip. The rain had already doused the building to the point where there wasn't a single exposed spot that was dry. So he had to resort to using magic to preserve his hold. Kaius used fire magic to heat up his palm, which allowed him to evaporate the water and climb with ease. Once he reached the top, he glimpsed upon the area once more, but again, no dragon.

"You've gotta be shitting me," Kaius smirked. "I know that they're here, those dragons."

Code by Serobliss

Last edited:

As the group entered, they were met by a the clerk, "How many?"

KIshi answered, "Uh... let's see..." He turned back to count everyone, "Uh... one, two... five? Yeah, five." He turned to the clerk, "Alright, follow me." They lead them to an empty table with room for five. Mana took a seat near the end, Nia sat down next to her while Kishi and Ryuuni both took open seats on the other side of the table, leaving an open space in between Kishi and Nia.

Once everyone got situated, "Your waiter will be with you shortly, okay?" They smiled then walked off.

Rai Ikari
Thunderous Hunter
Luminosa
As the group was seated, Rai took the empty seat between Nia and Kishi, letting out a sigh as he sat down. "Uhm, does anyone know the prices here? I wanna make sure I have enough to pay for Mana and me." Rai took out his wallet and began counting his yen as he awaited an answer.

Rai indulged in the amazing smell of the grill for a second. He couldn't stop his mouth from watering at the amazing aroma of grilling food. And you cannot forget the scent of a nice, robust, wine. Or a beer at that. Rai had not drunk in a while, so he was also excited for the taste of it again. Though he'd have to try his best not to get drunk. He couldn't have that. He was watching over a little girl at the moment, and if he became drunk, he'd be incapable of functioning properly. And who knows what'd happen if that went down?
Code by Serobliss

Akuhei
Shugosha
Unknown, Ironshire

"Oh?" Miyahira started, looking over to Mei. "Was that supposed to be intimidating? The same policy can apply to us. Do I have to remind you that you're in our empire now? Your brother and leader aren't here to protect you right now, lavender-"

"Mei." Aikawa had to speak up once again. "You two and your outbursts towards our guest. Thank you, Domori and Kizawa for being well-mannered. And my apologies for the two of them, Mei. But I will advise you and everyone in here to refrain from using threats just as you and Miyahira did. The only people who should be fighting as of now are Kaminari and JIn. For the period of this battle, we are allies. Let's stop being childish and act like it, hm?"

[Field]

Jin was able to react fast enough to catch Kaminari's punch despite the dust screen, and afterward, the demon complimented him and redirected the power of his punch to the side. Kaminari quickly jerked his head back when the headbutt came his way, and then used his legs to push off of Jin's torso (not a hit) and toss himself back. Then again, the moment his foot touched the ground he stormed back towards Jin for another attack.

This time Kaminari finally went for a throw. He got in close and wrapped his arm around Jin's arm and pulled, attempting to go for a shoulder throw to the ground. (not a hit, more of a takedown) If he succeeded, he would wrap his legs around Jin's arms and initiate an arm bar where he would lift one leg and attempt to kick the man in the chest.

Montreal GIF by Judo Canada

1671415283804.png
Kumii Kumii

Code by Serobliss

Mood: Talkative but Alert
Kaius Adamson
The Conceited Genius

"Holy shit!" Kaius said as he heard Rayya's voice. He flinched hard and quickly snapped around. He sighed a sigh of relief when he saw that it was just a citizen, not a talking dragon. "Ah, you scared me. I'm...getting some fresh air. I also like the rain."

Kaius looked up at storm clouds once again, fully expecting a large beast tour to emerge from them. He feared the thought of that happening. Considering that now it was just him and a little girl on the rooftop. Not Kaius alongside Ironshire's finest warriors. That'd be a terrible way to meet your demise. And definitely not how he wanted to meet his. If it came down to that of course, Kaius would at least try to get the little girl to safety before then. The man may have been a manipulative narcissist, but he damn sure wasn't a monster when it came to the lives of the innocent.

"Alright, I'm lying," Kaius admitted. "There's a dragon on the premises. Possibly two, due to the additional voice." he looked back to Rayya. "I don't think you should be out here. I plan to attempt to kill or fend it off. I don't think that'd be too fortunate of a situation for you to get caught up in. With all due respect, I suggest that you get to a shelter. How come you're outside anyways? I'm sure you heard those sounds." Kaius gave Rayya a warm smile as he awaited her answer.

More rain showered down on the two as the intense thunderstorm continued. Lightning aggressively flashed across the sky and reflected in Kaius's eyes. It seemed to be getting worse by the second. Kaius wouldn't be surprised if hailstones began to spill from the sky like marbles falling out of a box. This dragon's power must be immense to be able to cover the city in a downpour of rain and darkness. But why had it not revealed itself yet? Or attacked, at that. The anticipation stirred a feeling of dread in Kaius. He couldn't stand it. Waiting for danger to strike at any given moment. It was like waiting for death to take you.

Code by Serobliss

Attachments

• 1671415206393.png
    1671415206393.png
    157.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Kishi looked at Rai, "Ah- don't worry about that, my boy. I'll cover the costs of this meal as welcome to Luminosa." The waiter brought them all a menu. It was in Spanish, Ryuuni, Kishi and Nia all began looking at it as if they knew. Mana meanwhile opened it and immediately looked confused. She twisted and turned the menu all over then put it down, "I can't read this..." She near pouted aloud. Ryuuni, Kishi and Nia looked at each other. Nia leaned in close to Mana, "Yeah... neither can we." Nia winked at Mana, "Just pretend, okay?" Mana nodded then pretended to read the menu, "This is why I prefer Mom's cooking." Ryuuni shushed Kishi

• Mateo nodded with conviction as Halazzi asked about Serena speaking to him. He'd never lie about such a thing, and Skyla knew how bad he was at lying. The only reason he'd gotten so far with the lie about his curse was because he simply hid it from them, not mentioning it ever. Though, even if he could lie well, he didn't think he'd be able to spin the tale even if he had wanted to. He could never imagine meeting a goddess face to face like how the legends described Lukia had come to Ignis to hand off the Sword of Light. Halazzi described the pantheon to have been in disarray over the woman's disappearance. His gaze turned as he mentioned his happiness that she was ok. He wondered if he should tell him that she wasn't really. He wondered if he even knew about her predicament and that she just hadn't gone missing. She'd been there the whole time, just too weak to even make contact with them. He decided against it, wishing for the tiger to just be relieved. Besides, Mateo was now sworn to change that and help Serena return home.

He turned his gaze back to them, flicking to Skyla with a nervous chuckle over her confusion. He was surprised how informal Skyla could be with someone who was a deity, but Halazzi seemed to take no offense. He'd never attempt that, again worried about getting fried. He couldn't get past the, well, past. Even if he'd grown a bit more comfortable, he still felt the threat, especially since the persecution of the Cabrera's hadn't yet stopped since the curse started.

They got back to why they had come initially, Halazzi once again speaking in hard-to-understand riddles. He talked about how the mountain could help him in his journey, but he didn't understand how. As someone who had been removed from Luminosa and the mountain since birth, he wasn't privy to all the secrets it held. His brow raised, not fully understanding just what laid beyond for him to find. "The Solqueador Mountain is where the curse started. I know it's an important place for my family, but how is that supposed to help me exactly?"

• Skyla & HalazziLocation: Luminosa
    Interactions: AlphaBlueWolf AlphaBlueWolf
    Current Time: August 28th, 1337. 11:09am

Halazzi had a puzzled look on his face, "Hmm.. I..." He looked in thought for a moment, "I don't quite recall. It's as if something is telling me this but I can't quite place it... I am sorry, I must go and reflect on this..." With that, Halazzi turned and disappeared into the brush before Skyla or Mateo could say anything to him. He left them with even more questions then before and not nearly enough answers.

Skyla stared for a moment then looked at Mateo, "Well, that was maddeningly unhelpful." She commented, "So what was all this about a woman? Serena? And why did it seem like Halazzi knew her? Who is she?" She asked him, "Should we be concerned about that? Are you okay?" Skyla began bombarding Mateo with questions, not realizing that he may not have the answers to all of them.

Rai Ikari
Thunderous Hunter
Luminosa
In response to Rai's question, Ryunni said that he would cover all of the expenses of the meals. As a little welcoming to Luminosa. A smile spread across Rai's, his eyes almost glistening with gratefulness. With a bow of his head, he replied, "Thank you, Ryunni!"

Moments later the waiter came back with a handful on menus and gave them to each person. Rai initially looked down to begin reading, but was quickly dumbfounded when he saw that it was in Spanish. He cocked his head and chuckled nervously as he tried to think of something. I can't read this...well, the others are from here. So maybe they can. He looked up, fully hoping someone would help him out, but Rai was greeted by faces of confusion. Along with Mana voicing hers as well.

"Just to be clear, none of us know how to read this, huh?" Rai whispered while pretending to read the menu as well. "Alright, just checking. So...how exactly are we going to order? Should I just pick something random?"

Code by Serobliss

Mood: Alert and Impressed
Castro Smith
Blue-Eyed Bandit
Unknown, Ironshire
Castro observed as Aleph examined the arm. The boy slid his fingers along the surface, feeling its sheeny texture. A huge perk of the mold Castro used. He had bought it a few months ago from a fellow innovator who modified their inventions to serve more purposes then originally intentioned. Toothbrushes that had bristles which were infused with mouthwash but also had sharp edges for fighting, blades that had heaters around the grip to help during cold times, even an arrowhead that could explode into small shard fragments on contact. All of these were odd makings, sure. But you can't say they weren't at least a bit creative. The mold that was used for the arm could be doubled as a sander. If it weren't for that, the arm would extremely coarse and rough. Which would cause Castro to have to to add another prolonged process of sanding to it to smooth the edges out.

Aleph had tried to bend the fingers of the arm and even made a side by side comparison with it to see the similarities and capabilities it had so far. There wasn't much in the capability department at the moment, but it would soon enough. With the carving and adding slots, it'd be able to function like a real arm. Well, not fully. It wouldn't be able to bleed or grow hair, but the arm would at least be able to fulfill Aleph's desires.

When he was done, Aleph took back up his notepad and wrote a note, saying that the limb was amazing and looked like a duplicate of his own arm. And afterwards, he asked an unexpected question. Can I help with the next step? Castro raised his eyebrows in surprise upon initially hearing it. He could've sworn that he had told the boy a while ago that it was potentially dangerous. Yet he still urged anyways.

After pondering over the matter for a bit, Castro took up the notepad and wrote,

Well, I guess so. This next part isn't too complicated or lethal in the slightest. But, don't expect the same thing to occur for any other steps. I assured Rori that I'd keep you safe, and I plan to be a man of my word. We're going to be adding mobility to the arm. Moving fingers, the capability to twist, even rotations. I'll be doing most of it for the most part, but I guess you can help add the motors to the fingers. Alright?

Akuhei
Shugosha
Unknown, Ironshire

As Jin came barreling towards him, Kaminari leapt up into the air and flipped forwards over him, avoiding the clinch. Seeing that the man was now behind him, he quickly charged back at him again. What the hell is wrong with this guy? Complimenting me mid-battle? Is he toying with me or something? Kaminari clenched his teeth in aggravation and huffed. Fuck, this guy's unreadable. Is he struggling or not?

Kaminari quickly transitioned into a sideways kicking stance and rapidly began to swing his legs at Jin in vicious attacks. He thrusted forward and pivoted to begin his combo with a snapping back kick. Afterwards he twisted off of his leg and pounced into the air and sent spinning kick Jin's way. The attacks continued to flow as Kaminari slowly began to inch his way to disorientation. He wasn't paying any mind to safety anymore. He felt that he was being teased at, and that type of disrespect cannot be tolerated. In my own territory? You'd disrespect me here?

Kaminari finished off his short flurry with one final roundhouse kick aimed at Jin's liver before finally stopping to put his guard up and take a few steps back. He panted heavily as he awaited Jin's next move. He was immersed into the battle now, taking it as a real battle rather than a test of prowess. Kaminari planted his feet into the ground and slid them an even distance from each other, adapting an offensive stance.

"Yes, Jin." he replied. Then he repeated, "This certainly is a fun welcome."

[Suite]

"Ah, now get interesting." Akuhei cheered. "Kaminari tries a bit harder. Great, huh?"

"Not at all." Masaki wearily responded. "He told me he wasn't going to damage the arena, then he does this. Might as well get the construction group ready."

The others all got closer to the window of the arena, all intrigued by the shift of energy in the battle. All except for Aikawa, who had a troubled expression plastered upon his wrinkled face. The man sat down on one of the maroon red chairs in the suite and exhaled heavily. His sandals brushed uncomfortably on the marble floor, just as his mind became worried and stressed. Kaminari was well now trying to win. And that would involve using more power and strength. What if he decided to go over his administered 50%? Then, Heath would be alerted. And if that happened..it wouldn't be good for anyone.

Slowly, but surely, Aikawa began to realize that Kumii and his king weren't too different when it came to their assets. As Mei said, Kumii would kill her for starting anything. And if Kaminari went against Heath's rules, he might damn well do the same.

"Masaki. If I demanded, would you stop this fight for me?" Aikawa asked.

With a confused expression on his face, the samurai responded, "Possibly. It would depend on their agreed conditions. I don't see why though."
Kumii Kumii

Code by Serobliss

Kaius Adamson
The Conceited Genius

"First, yes. You are a child. Also, Elven Saint?" Kaius questioned. "That's a cute title. Are you playing pretend or something? If you plan on asking me to play along with you, I'm afraid I can't." He pointed up the clouds hiding a dragon. Then he snickered playfully. "I'm just playing with you. I've never heard of an Elven Saint before. Two, I'm not a dragon slayer. It, uh..it is kind of a noble duty. I don't think you'd understand at your age. Maybe when you get older."

Kaius paused and stared in confusion as Rayya's eyes suddenly flashed a red color. Then, a dog, who's eyes were also flashing red, leapt onto the rooftop, which appeared to be their's. Rayya embraced the dog and began to shower it with "who's a good boy" 's. Afterwards, they stopped and told him that he was her guardian, which seemed to be a warning to not attempt to harm her.

"Hey," Kaius raised his hands up a bit. "I have no intention of doing so."

Code by Serobliss

Last edited:

Ryuuni looked at Rai and nodded, "Basically just pick whatever you think sounds good." Ryuuni looked at the menu, "For me, I'm going to get the Tortilla Espanola. An omlette sounds good right now." Kishi did the same and eventually decided on his meal, "I'm going to get an Arepa with extra hot sauce."

Nia looked briefly, "I've decided on the Paella." Then she put her menu down and leaned over to help Mana, "And what about you, little one?" Mana looked through, her legs swinging under the table, "Uhh... Empa- Empananadada?" Nia giggled lightly, "Empanada, sweetie." Mana looked at Nia, "Oh! Okay! Thank you!" Nia nodded then looked at Rai, "Once you decide, we can call the server over and start our order, yeah?"

Last edited:

• Another vague response from the tiger before he leapt off. He just stared dumbfounded, his heart threatening to beat right out of his chest. He hadn't realized just how overwhelmed he'd felt, or that his legs had started shaking after the deity left, just like a fawn trying to stand up for the first time. His lungs screamed for air as if he'd been holding it in the whole time. He didn't think he'd ever get used to any of this. Deities? A bond with a goddess? It seemed like something from a fairy tale, rather than something that could actually happen to him. But sure enough, it had all played out in the span of just a few minutes. And his head felt like it was ringing.

He looked over to Skyla, silently nodding in agreement. Maddeningly unhelpful about summed it up. Well, maybe just maddeningly confusing, because he'd just signed a pact with a goddess that guaranteed help. Had that sunk in yet? Not really. He was just still amazed that he wasn't dead yet. The whole weight of his pact with Serena would sink in later, probably in the middle of the night when he would freak out about it. For now, all he could was stopping himself from falling over. Oh, and answer the wave of questions Skyla bombarded him with.

He understood she was confused, but it was hardly helping that he had to explain things he didn't fully understand to her. "Her name is Serena. Halazzi knew her because she's kind of a goddess. The goddess of death and darkness specifically. You guys couldn't see her because apparently only I can. Something happened and she got stripped of her power and apparently, I have some kind of ability that lets me see her. I don't know." He scratched the back of his head, knowing he wasn't exactly doing the best job. He thought back to Mika, and how he could see him after the man had died. He wondered if he should tell Skyla but thought against it. There would be time for that with the others, as they still had to go back and explain what happened to them. Great, more explaining of stuff he didn't understand. And he figured he'd be the one doing most of the explaining considering Skyla seemed completely lost.

"Maybe a little concerned? I mean I did agree to... never mind. I'll explain it all when we get back to the others. But you guys will be fine." He thought about her last question and shook his head. "Physically, yes. Even though I'm shaking like a newborn calf, my body is fine. But otherwise, I'm not sure. There's a lot going on, y'know. It's hard to wrap my head around the stuff that happened, or that Halazzi didn't kill me. Or the whole Serena thing. And apparently there's something up the mountain." He turned towards it, letting his eyes soak it up, and feeling that same calm he did when they'd first gotten here. His legs eased their shaking.

"It feels like its calling me. I don't know how to explain it. I know there's something, but I don't know what. Its... peaceful." He shook himself out of the trance, feeling vulnerable. He didn't feel like he should be pushing this all onto Skyla, who was confused herself. "Sorry. Um, we should go find the others."

Mateo turned from Skyla and back to the little outcropping in the wall, crouching down so he could start his crawl back to the other side. But before he could, his eyes glimpsed a little boy hiding out in the entrance. He had smooth brown hair, and two pools of baby blue for eyes. Beneath his eyes, lines of burns were placed in a pattern. They looked like markings but were obvious scars from burns. Though, they looked deliberate.

Mateo's eyes widened, his face mirroring the boy's surprise. "Ah!" He yelped as he well backwards, the boy doing the same. Cora hissed in surprise, his fur bushing up. "Skyla!"

"Ah- Ow!" The boy seemed to try to scoot out of the hole, though it only succeeded in giving him a bump on the head. A moment or two passed, some scuffling could be heard, until Skyla could see the root of the distress. The boy scooted out, fitting perfectly within the tunnel. He stood a little, his legs bent with a hand on the tunnel so that he could scoot inside if it turned out these were the wrong people to talk to. His legs shook like Mateo's had just a moment before. He was like a smaller Mateo, meek and shy. And the interaction was very reminiscent of when Skyla and Mateo first met, the teen initially acting jumpy and skittish. "Y-You're a Cabrera..." The boy asked, hard to understand if it was more of a question or an observation with his tone.

"Y-Yes." Mateo sighed, understanding that the kid must've heard his conversation with Halazzi. He got up, which must've made him look more terrifying to the kid on account of how tall he was, and how he towered over the boy. But if you knew Mateo, his height wouldn't exactly make you all too scared of him. "Listen, kid, you can't-" He began, trying to get him to keep his mouth shut, the fear of death and a public execution encroaching upon his thoughts. But the kid swiftly got rid of those with his next, equally surprising statement.

"I need your help." He said matter of factly, seeming to try to push down the fear of the strangers, one being a Cabrera. But he was just a little kid, hardly older than eight, maybe younger. Mateo couldn't possibly think of what a kid like this would need from a Cabrera of all people. But sure enough, he slowly retrieved a piece of paper from a satchel and wobbled it over to Mateo, who gently took it from the kid. "Please. You're the only one who can help me." He begged, and for the first time Mateo could hear the softness of his voice, and the somber sadness that lay behind his words.

Mateo looked at the paper, seemingly a flyer, and was hit with a wave of instant nausea. Printed on the front, a picture of a caged monster, mouth open to show rows of nasty teeth, and claws reaching out of the bars. Its eyes looked hungry for victims, the picture displaying a terrifying creature of pure evil. Next to it, a figure with Ignis' mask, holding up a sword of pure light ready to strike down upon the creature. The Festival of Light was written at the top in big fancy letters as if to advertise the event that every Luminosan knew. And right below it, bolded in ink read the words, "Public Execution of Cabrera Beast". The paper shook in his hands as he read it. Below the headlines and picture listed the information, such as the time it would take place relevant to the other proceedings. Now he understood why he was the only one who could help this boy. He held up the flyer for Skyla to see it. Mateo looked towards the kid, who had shed the brave exterior, his eyes now pools of sadness.

Turns out Mateo wasn't the one who had to fear public execution.

• SkylaLocation: Luminosa

Skyla tilted her head as Mateo mentioned something was peaceful, "...Peaceful?" She looked at the mountain.

Skyla and Mateo made their way back to the hole they crawled in from but Mateo was scared back. Skyla caught him from falling fully backwards, she lifted him up back to his feet as she laid eyes on the source of what startled Mateo.

Serena appeared sat on the wall and commented on the appearance of the boy, "Well that's a little too convenient." Serena disappeared and reappeared next to Skyla and look at the flyer same as she did, "Oh... they plan to execute something during the festival?" Skyla realized that she knew a Cabrera, Serena had this same look too, "Wait... I thought this... 'Beast' was lost or something... what exactly are they executing then?" Skyla looked at Mateo and eyes of sadness. She instinctively pulled him closer to her.

Serena saw his sadness too but there wasn't much she could actually do. Serena instead just began walking off and vanished, leaving Skyla and Mateo to figure out what to do. He could always call Serena later if he needed her help anyways.

Rai Ikari
Thunderous Hunter
Luminosa
Ryunni agreed to Rai's strategy, which was to just pick something random, and everyone began to select things from the menu that sounded good to them. So, Rai decided to follow along and do the same thing. He skimmed the menu and it's unfamiliar contents, attempting to see what would fulfill his appetite. The words were rather exotic to Rai, but he recognized some of the foods, and could make out what the others were using context clues. After a little bit of reading, he decided on getting a 'Pork Chile Verde", which sounded pretty good. Considered Rai hadn't eaten pork in a while.

"And I'll have the Pork Chile Verde." Rai announced. "If I'm saying that right. And...some water to wash it down." then he whispered to Nia, "Can't be drinking around the child."

Code by Serobliss

Mood: Focused
Castro Smith
Blue-Eyed Bandit
Unknown, Ironshire
Once Aleph had agreed to Castro's conditions, he asked wrote down a sentence asking what to do. Castro initially looked towards his tool cabinets for motors, but then took a moment to rethink his decision. Using motors to control the arm provides them with more accessibility and less application. With 5 motors in the uppermost hand, there'd be one to control each finger. Though, it wouldn't have too much capability and could have limits to the degree of movement. So motor powered arms would be better for day to day activities, like reading books, carrying items, and other things in those elements.

But Aleph didn't have an "average" day to day life, did he? He was a dragon slayer, or at least belonged to a clan of them. Dragon slayers didn't sound like the type of people to sit around educating themselves all day and reading books. No. They'd be out training immensely to decimate the next dragon they came across. An arm that had many limits when it came to movement would definitely be a huge limitation when it came to those kinds of things. What if the arm ended up being useless in battle? What if Aleph ended up dying because of it?

Shit. Think, Castro! What did you say earlier? Castro thought to himself. He recalled mentioning another strategy of enabling movement into the arm. It was electric, right? No, no, no. That's not right. ….shit. Muscles...muscle contractions...emitted signals...

"Myoelectric." Castro softly proclaimed. Then he sauntered back over to his bundle of cabinets and got on his knees to begin searching them. He pulled one out and checked it's contents. It's not there. He checked another. Still nothing. This endured for a bit, Castro becoming more and more annoyed with each failure to find his desired item.

Then, he finally reached the bottom left drawer and swung it open. And the moment he did so, a grin beamed across his face as he was overjoyed by his success. He took out a small clear bag of tiny black pads that were decorated with three small metal strips on the bottom of them. Electrodes. These would be used to read muscle contractions from the remainder of arm that Aleph had and would cause the limbs to move accordingly. Those muscles in the residual limb can be contracted to generate electrical signals.

After closing back all of the cabinets, Castro walked back over to the notepad and wrote,

We'll be using two mobility enablers for the arms. Motors and myoelectric electrodes. The electrodes are a bit more complicated, so I'll deal with those. You can insert the motors into the hand of the arm. You'll be doing most of it because I have to work out the myoelectricity. Sorry.

Castro pointed towards the workbench.

Go over there and you'll find the motors in the drawer connected to the bench. You'll see some core brushless DC motors, which will be tubular black things with a needle looking attachment to them. Since my friend who made the mold designed those, there's super easy to install. Just connect one motor under each finger using the needle and it'll slowly begin to engrave itself into the hand. You're only required to make sure that they don't fall out, get stuck, or overexert themselves. Heavy on that last one. You'll know that they are overexerting because they will begin to spin violently while engraving themselves. If that happens, just slowly remove it and wait till it stops spinning. Then you can reinsert it. If it doesn't stop spinning after a while, just get my attention.

Once they are inserted, you'll need to wait for them to travel to the tip of the finger. Then, once you think it's reached the summit, try to bend the finger. If it works, you've finished. That's all you need to do. Got it?

Castro will be finished with the pads when Aleph finishes inserting the motors. Steps until the completion of the hand: 2 remaining.

Akuhei
Shugosha
Unknown, Ironshire

Kaminari huffed angrily as Jin evaded all of his attacks once again. The man was so fast and agile that it was like Kaminari was a tortoise and Jin was the speedy, untouchable hare. But he'd still continue trying. Kaminari reeled himself back for another attack, this time preparing another roundhouse kick. He swung it as hard as possibly towards Jin, trying to perfect the proper speed and strength that would not only land of the demon, but injure him at the same time. Kaminari had broken his own promise to go easy on Jin, but Jin didn't need it. He was already nimble and preeminent, and was certainly a worthy foe to the current Kaminari.

But as his attack flew forward, a flash of black generated in the corner of the Shugosha's eye. He quickly peeked over to see Jin's hand engulfed in dark magic that took the form of a claw. Kaminari's eyes widened in shock, horrified at the sight. He couldn't stop the kick because of it's force, and if Jin dodged again, he'd surely be slashed with the claw. Did I do it? Kaminari thought. Did I show enough of a challenge to get him to cheat? Shit! This isn't how I thought this would play out! He's going to-

Kaminari felt all of the force and acceleration from his kick abruptly get cancelled. He rapidly looked in front of him and there he was. Kumii, in all of his horror and power, holding his leg and Jin's hand. The man let go of Kaminari immediately, causing his to stumble back and fall to the floor. But he didn't let go of Jin.

[Suite]

"What the hell is he doing?" Akuhei asked, now standing up with his hand on his sickle.

"Calm down, Akuhei." Aikawa commanded the man. "He's not here for Kaminari. Hold your ground."

Akuhei let go of his sickle and continued to watch the new appearance of Kumii, as well as the other Seiryokus who were also ready to arm themselves. They all watched intently as Mei sprouted wings and flew from the suite to catch Jin, who was just viciously thrown by Kumii towards the inner walls of the arena. It wasn't clear of why Kumii had done it at first, but the others knew immediately when Kizawa said,

"Jin was about to cheat."

"What?" Miyahira blurted out.

"His hand. It was glowing. I couldn't see too well from here, but it looked like he was going to use his powers to attack Kaminari. He was going to cheat."

"So that's why Kumii is doing this? How did he even know this battle was happening? I don't remember him being here when we stated the rules."

[Field]

"N-No. It's alright. I forgive him." Kaminari stammered as Kumii apologized for Jin's actions. The man then looked up to the suite where everyone was gazing down and acknowledged Masaki, telling him that the match was over, and declared Kaminari was the winner. Then Kumii suggested to Kaminari that the two of them have a no-hold barred battle some day. But before he could respond, the demon looked the Jin and snatched him from his sister's hands before saying something her and then vanishing. Leaving one twin with the others.

Once they saw Kumii had left premises, the other Seiryoku leapt from the suite and rushed to Kaminari's side.

"Kaminari." Miyahira started. "Are you okay? What happened?"

Kaminari stood back up and dusted off his clothing. "Yeah, yeah. I'm alright. And Jin was going to use his powers. That's why Kumii just took him away. I think...I think he's going to punish him."

"Good riddance to that bastard." Akuhei snarled. "If he had hurt you with his abilities I promise you-"

"Akuhei. Are you hard of hearing or something?" Miyahira spat, her voice venomous. "If we attack one of twins, Kumii will declare war on us. Do you want Heath to be enraged at you?"

Apart from the others, Domori put an arrow back in his quiver and sheathed his bow. Then he walked over to Mei, who was on her knees muttering something. He was initially going to check on Kaminari, but he overheard the Shugosha saying that he was okay, so he decided on checking on the woman.

"Mei." he softly said to protect his ears. "Is everything alright?"
Kumii Kumii

Code by Serobliss

Kaius Adamson
The Conceited Genius

Kaius grinned at Rayya's snapback at him. They had taken his words to heart, which was his fault of course, but it was impressive to see what verbal lashes they was capable of. Rayya told him that they was 56, which he didn't believe at first, then they told him that guarding the city didn't quite seem like a noble duty to them. A person considered noble has high principles and ideals. Certainly protecting others fall into that mindset. Rayya even told Kaius that he didn't even look like he could kill a dragon. Which wasn't wrong. The way he dressed and carried himself made him seem like the kind of person to let other protect him, rather than doing the protecting.

Even the dog seemed to be upset, flashing a bit of teeth. And finally, Rayya told Kaius that they was an Elf. A high Elf.

"My apologies if I offended you," Kaius said with a chuckle. "...but you say all of this like I'm supposed to know that it's accurate. Perhaps it might have been my fault for initially teasing you, but let's be factual. With all due respect, you may be 56, but you are not at all the image of a 56 year old in the slightest. You don't even have wrinkles!" Kaius sighed and looked back up toward the sky. "And I will assure you, I have confidence that I am more than capable of vanquishing or fending off foes. Which is what I plan to do. "

Kaius took a step toward the edge of the building and looked down at the puddles forming from the rain. The streets were beginning to fill with water, and the storm continued raging. But no source or dragon had come to reveal themselves just yet. Kaius began to start doubting there being a dragon at all. You can't excuse those roars from earlier though. But was it just passing over the city or something?

"As I stated earlier, I certainly don't think you should be outside." Kaius repeated to Rayya. "I don't know you, so I don't know if you have what it takes to defend yourself against whatever peril may come to to city." he turned back to look at them. "Please, without angrily ranting once again, respond to this. If someone or something emerged to attack us, would you be a liability or an advantage? Just a humble conversation between two adults, please."

Kaius gave Rayya a radiant smirk once again as he awaited her answer.

Code by Serobliss

Last edited:

Nia whispered back, "Oooh sooo upstanding, Rai." She chuckled lightly. Ryuuni flagged down a waiter and everyone placed their orders. Only Rai and Nia getting drinks, as the waiter took down their order then collected the menus and went to give the order to the cooks, Nia looked at Rai, "So Rai, how is everyone? I haven't seen them since... well 6 months ago. Are you here by yourself?"

Mana swung her legs as she sat on the chair, looking between Rai and Nia.

• Mateo felt sick, knowing what the flyer was all about, and the fact that some goddess just popped up into view didn't make it any better. In fact, she gave him another heart attack. He knew she said he could summon her, but it hadn't quite gotten through his head that she would just pop up every now and then. No one quite understood it as fast as Mateo did, and maybe this kid as well. Skyla didn't fully grasp just what they were executing, and Serena made no comment on the flyer, only walking off after Skyla asked her question. And, right now, Mateo had much more to worry about than the goddess that now appeared in his normal vision as well, because he could see all the colors of the world. The pact they made seemed to have changed things to where his ability was no longer needed, though it was still important as it had started the whole thing with Serena.

"Skyla, they're executing one of my family members." He said, his voice hardened. He sounded less like the teen she'd met at Ironshire, more mature, able to catch on to what the flyer meant fast. Yet that same teen remained in the way his voice wobbled. "The original beast was killed, not lost. That's why Ignis Lucero is proclaimed as Luminosa's savior, because he was the one to kill my ancestor. Even though my ancestor is the Beast of Luminosa, we're all labeled as beasts to them. We're Cabrera Beasts, I guess is the difference." He tapped the part of the flyer where it said Cabrera Beast as in to highlight the difference. If they were executing his ancestor from twelve generations ago, it would be the execution of the Beast of Luminosa. There was a difference between the fabled terror and his descendants. But both were equally scorned by the people of Luminosa.

When he was done, he looked over to the kid, who looked away. He gave them a nod, verifying the information. One of Mateo's family members was getting executed at the Festival of Light. He was trying to keep his cool, but he felt dizzy and nauseous just thinking about it.

• SkylaLocation: Luminosa
    Current Time: August 28th, 1337. 11:10am

Skyla backed off as Mateo explained, "Sorry. I didn't know.."

She looked at Mateo and the boy, "Okay... so what do we do? I mean it's not like we can just walk up to whoever is doing this execution and be like; 'Hey can you not do that?'." Skyla looked at Mateo and she noticed the dizziness he had, "It's up to you what we do this time-" Skyla herself suddenly got a bit dizzy but regained herself, shaking her head, "Uh.. anyways, you decide what we do, Mateo. I'll follow along, okay?"

Last edited:
Mood: Hungry and Nervous
Rai Ikari
Thunderous Hunter
Luminosa
"Uh, nah." Rai replied to Nia. "I'm not here by myself. The others went to go do something. I'm sure they'll be back in a bit. And, uh..." he bit his tongue. "They're doing well. Mateo got a bit stronger. Or, at least his arsenal increased. Proud of him for improving. And Skyla also got a new weapon. She increased her range. Got a bow and arrow that performs really well."

Rai glanced toward the waiter, hoping that she'd hurry up and interrupt their conversation.

"How about you? Being trained by Ryunni and all, you've got to have at least gotten a bit more skilled. Regardless of what you say, I could still kick your ass though." he joked with the slightest pinch of arrogance.

Code by Serobliss

Castro Smith
Blue-Eyed Bandit
Unknown, Ironshire
Once Aleph went over to the workbench to start his part of the work, Castro went onto the bed and placed the bag of electrodes in his lap. Slowly, he began to pour them out of it and onto one hand. He had to make sure that he didn't touch the sensitive parts of the electrode, otherwise he'd mess up it's flow and movement detection. And that would be a fatal flaw. So, he made sure to grip them from the sides and slowly spread them out on the bed.

There were 12 electrodes, all of which were fresh and unused. Clearly it wouldn't be necessary to use them all on one arm. Maybe 5 or 6 of them would do. It was just a matter of their placement to Castro. He'd have to put them in places where they could detect muscle contractions from the remaining arm Aleph had, and then emit signals to let the arm do so. If I'm not wrong, 2 should be on the frontal part of the stubby part of the missing arm, and the rest could go on the arm, closer to the end of it. Right?

Castro flipped one of the electrodes over and observed the sensors. Would they even process well on that material? Shit, I don't even know if dragon scales would allow the signals to go through. I'm not exactly experienced with the material after all. But hey, I've been lucky enough to have everything going so well so far. No problems have amassed just y-

Out of the blue, Aleph tugged on Castro's shirt to get his attention. When he looked back he saw Aleph pointing towards the workbench, where a motor was erratically spinning all over the table, blue lightning shooting from in. Maybe he spoke too soon about there being no problems. Instinctively, Castro jumped from his seated position on the bed and ran over to the workbench. He immediately attempted to pick up the motor but jolted back as he was shocked by the lightning. Somehow, it had reacted badly to the magic of the dragon scale materials. The sparks and lightning continued to rage violently from the motor, giving Castro a small burn of shock every few seconds. He stepped in front of Aleph to shield him from any injury. Which only brought more shocks to him, Castro's entire body jittering with every one. They weren't too painful just...abrupt.

After a bit, the bandit finally got the idea to raise his hand up and towards the motor and then shot a cold spray of ice towards at it. The ice quickly engulfed the motor and began to slow down it's movements all while dispersing the shocks and putting out the sparks. After a few seconds of this, the motor had become motionless.

Castro sighed. "Why didn't I think of that earlier." he reached forward and grabbed the motor. Then, he opened up the drawer of the workbench and dropped it back in there. "That one's useless now, Aleph. I'll just take it apart for scraps." he entirely forgot the boy couldn't hear him for a moment.

Castro sat back on the bed and went back to analyzing the electrodes, waiting for Aleph to finish inserting the motors.

Castro will be finished with the pads when Aleph finishes inserting the motors. Steps until the completion of the hand: 2 remaining.

Akuhei
Shugosha
Unknown, Ironshire

Domori's gaze softened as he heard Mei's words. The drop in pitch and tone in her voice was audible as it went to a troubled level. The woman stuttered on one or two of her words, and even choked a bit on her last sentence. It was as if he could hear the anxiousness rumbling through Mei's core. And he understood that. Domori didn't know the intensity of the punishments Kumii gave, but if Domori was to witness Heath take one of his loved ones out to be punished, he'd be worried as well.

"Do not worry, Mei." Domori said again in a gentle resonance. "I feel that everything will be okay with Jin."

[30 minutes later, Throne Room]
1672954289156.png

Every in fact, did not go well for Jin.

After the battle, Heath returned and found everyone on the battlefield. He commanded them to report to his throne room to explain to him what had just gone down, and where Jin and Kumii had gone.

Heath sat upon his silky red throne with head down and his hand on his temple. "You mean to tell me, you fought one of the twins? On their first day of being here?"

"Fought isn't the right word." Kaminari explained nervously. "We just sparred using nothing but our fists and legs. No powers. It was going to be the first person who landed the sufficient amount of hits would win."

Heath finally looked up annoyed. "Sparred. Fists and legs. Landing hits. That's fighting dumbass! Why were you sparring with them?!"

"They asked to-"

"And you agreed to it?! Now, one of them are being punished and we don't know how Kumii will react to you fighting his kin! What if he had sustained an injury? That would affect his performance during war! Kumii might just-"

"Kumii seemed pretty calm about it at the arena." Kizawa interjected. "I believe that he was only angered at Jin, and not Kaminari. I think he even apologized." Heath scowled and looked Kizawa's way, which caused the boy to look to the floor in ignominy. (shame)

"Was I speaking to you?" Heath questioned in a harsh tone. "And don't you ever...cut me off again. Do I make myself clear?"

"Yes, your highness. My apologies."

The king let out a deep sigh and stared ahead for a moment. Shortly after, he shook his head and stepped down from his seat. Then he began to exit the vicinity. "Deal with the situation when they get back. I expect the air to be cleared and matters to be back to normal."

Once Heath was gone, the Seiryoku all exhaled a breath that they didn't even know that they were holding in. They all looked among each other in relief that things hadn't gone sideways with Heath. Now, all they needed to do was assure that things went well with Kumii and Jin. And a few moments later, the two arrived back at the empire, one seeming as calm as usual, and the other quite disturbed. Among arrival, Jin apologized. And that was it. He didn't seem arrogant and preppy as usual. His entire demeanor had changed to regretful and distressed.

"No, no." Kaminari spoke up. "As I said, it's fined. You got riled up. It happens, I get it. Let's put that aside and embrace other things, eh?"

Kumii began to explain his sudden appearance on the field when suddenly he cut himself off and abruptly looked behind him. The gaze of everyone else also followed Kumii's, and they all looked up to see a large man in bulky armor standing before them. The arms and shoulders had sharp, staggering spikes running along them, finished by two acute horns on the helmet. The face of the helmet, or maybe that could just be his face, looked like that of a skeleton. A caved nose and eyes. And the mouth. It was utterly horrifying. Piercing teeth that looked as if they could chomp right through a steel door. The man possessed a large sword that gave off a demeaning feeling of dread and death. There the Death Knight was, standing before them in all of his horror.

The Seiryoku all immediately armed themselves, or in Kaminari's case, took a defensive stance. Akuhei's sickles were now in his hands and glowing with their fire and water magic and Domori had taken up his bow and had an arrow aimed at the man. Kizawa rolled up his sleeve to reveal and use his cursed arm, all while Aikawa and Miyahira took up their blades.

The Seiryoku all watched as the Death Knight confronted Kumii on where he had been fleeing to, but before the demon could answer, Jin spoke up to defend him, which brought back a horrible retaliation from the Knight. The man swiftly swung his blade and struck down Jin, the demon's body dropping to the ground. Lifeless. His blood spilled from his body and onto the silky red carpets, where it was either absorbed or moved onto the marble. A moment of silence filled the pillar crowded throne room. That moment only ended when Mei let out a loud gasp and covered her mouth.

Then Domori began to pull the string of his arrow back and Kaminari, Akuhei, Miyahira, and Kizawa all lunged forward to assault the Knight, but they all stopped immediately when Aikawa yelled,

"Stop!"

Mei let out a blood-curdling scream of despair from beneath her hands, which caused the Death Knight to turn to her, ready to cut her down too. Upon seeing the man's approach, Domori instantaneously pulled back his bow and aimed at the holes used at eyes for the armor. He inhaled briefly and let go of the string, but before it could fly forward, Kizawa pushed the bow downwards, causing the boy to shoot at the floor instead. The arrow imbedded itself into the ground and the arrowhead splintered on contact.

Domori looked back to give Kizawa a provoked stare, but snapped his gaze back to the Death Knight to see that Kumii had caught the sword, stopping him from killing Miyahira. A few words were traded between the two, which only Domori picked up, and after a bit, the Knight lowered his sword and backed off. The Knight then turned to leave and left everyone with a threatening announcement.

"War is coming. Whether you seek it or not, all will bow to Death."

Subsequently, he left them all. Kumii immediately walked up to Mei, who was crying while holding to Jin's now motionless body. For a moment, the man comforted her in a sense. In a language that Domori couldn't understand, so he wasn't able to pick it up. Afterwards, Kumii began to walk to exit, but not before placing stopping next to Kaminari and leaving him with a message.

"I would advise that you get your... dictator of a leader to muscle up this nation. The Death Knight knows this nation exists and now that he does, he won't stop until it's pounded into the dirt."

With a cold feeling going down his spine, Kaminari simply nodded his head to show that he know understood that intensity of the situation. And with that, everyone finally broke their silence as Kumii left.

"Aikawa!" Akuhei ragefully walked up to the old man and grabbed him by his haori, lifting him to eye level. "Why you command us don't attack?! We could have take him down right there! All of us against armored man! We defeat right there!"

"We would have not." Aikawa declared. "If you actually used your head for once, you'd know this. If it was that easy, why Kumii come to us? Why would he say that we need the entirety of our army?"

Akuhei thought about it for a moment and then slowly lowered the man.

"I get it. That was a good opportunity. But we should not underestimate his power."

Meanwhile, Domori rushed to kneel down at Mei's side and examined Jin's body. He thought of attempting to resuscitate and give first aid to the demon, but once he saw the injuries, he knew that it was over. The damage had been done. A clean slash across his entire being that had even severed the spirit thread. Since it was stated that demons were a subclass of spirits, the same thread fatality must apply to them as well.

Domori sighed dreadfully and started to go to place a hand on Miyahira's, but then stopped and dropped it to his side. "I'm so sorry for your loss, Miyahira. This was untimely and heartbreak to me. Jin was...a good seeming person in my eyes. I may not have known him long, but he seems like he'd be of great company. I'm sorry that I could not do anything to stop this from happening." Domori clenched his fists as blood from Jin washed upon his knee. Such a brutal and unnecessary kill. So cruel for what? All the man did was speak. Did the knight have so much disregard for life that he'd take it that easily? "From me, to you, Mei. I promise you that when we go to war with him, I will do everything in my power to attempt to kill him."

[The following hours...]

After the barbaric scene, Kaminari heeded upon Kumii's words and told Heath about the event. Heath was initially angry at his guard for not being able to detect the man intruding on their empire, but he then realized that this was a wakeup call for the king. He had been doubting the power of the Death Knight ever since he heard of the man. But now, the king realized that he was not to be taken lightly. If Heath truly cared about the safety of his empire, he'd have to do everything possible to stop the Knight.

With that, the next day Heath commanded Aikawa to notify the entirety of the empire of the upcoming war. Citizens were shocked and confused at first, as they did not know that Seiryoku had enemies. In the same speech, he told them of the Demon Nation that the Seiryoku Empire was providing assistance to. With the nation coming to train at the empire, Aikawa informed every citizen to flee to Westshire for the duration of the war. Once it was over and won, if they won, someone would come to notify them.

At the same time, the Shugosha notified Seiryoku's Royal Guards and army of the war, and let them know to begin their training once again. They'd have to be training for long periods of time, and resting for even more of a while to recover. Domori began training archers for long ranged support, Kaminari and Akuhei conditioned the infantry for close ranged combat with the Death Knight, and Miyahira began to work on the Special Senshi (warriors) for their magic use.

The army would be working themselves to the max for this battle, and though it hurt them, it was necessary. They could not bring regular soldiers to battle. Everyone needed to be at their peak when it came to combat.

Later that day as the troops trained, Heath approached Kumii.

"Kumii." he said. "May we speak, speak?"

Kumii Kumii

Code by Serobliss

Kaius Adamson
The Conceited Genius

"There it is." Kaius shook his head. "I asked that you answer the question, and you tell me about something me teasing you." Kaius couldn't help but laugh a bit. "Man, am I going to enjoy your company. Hey, maybe after this battle you can tell me about the Elven Saint thing a bit more, but for now. I seriously need you to tell me if you are capable of defending yourself."

Kaius sighed and crouched down near the edge of the building. Then he outstretched a hand to heat up the water that had wet the surface, and when he was done, he took a seat.

"Please, save the 'snappy' comebacks for a less serious occasion." he told them.

Code by Serobliss

Last edited:
    Current Time: August 28th, 1337. 11:10am

Nia tilted her head as Rai explained but the way he conducted himself and the slight stutters in his speech made it clear that there was something he was leaving out. He changed the topic though, asking how she was and then making a comment about how he could still kick her ass, "You don't just ask how I am then follow it up with you could kick my ass, Rai." She joked back, "Haven't you ever been taught not to underestimate your enemy, Rai?" She said with a knowing smirk.

Just then, the lady serving them brought Rai and Nia's drinks. She bowed while holding the plate, "Your food will be ready soon." The lady spoke in an accent which was that of a Hispanic-American accent. Nia was the first to take a drink of her drink, "Besides, you wouldn't really hit a lady, would you?"

Last edited:

• The mood was somber as the weight of the future finally weighed down upon all of the members of the conversation. Mateo had known it instantly, and the little boy had carried the sorrowful news possibly for days with no one to help. Cora had bristled, finding it out as Mateo first showed them the flyer, pressing himself into the teen to show support. And now the last of them, Skyla, learned of the horrifying truth. At first, she too couldn't help but feel weighted down by the new information. But soon enough she became the light to them all, carrying them on to try to find a resolution. A plan.

"It's up to you what we do this time-"

Those words rang through Mateo's head, powerful and striking. He reoriented himself, shook his head, and suddenly his eyes shined with determination. He couldn't despair over this. He couldn't sit in a corner and cry, waiting for others to help. He set his sights on the boy. He hadn't despaired. He'd gone looking for a Cabrera to help. Mateo needed to be brave like him. He needed to lead the others and save his family member. He wouldn't despair. He would take a stand against this injustice and do something about it.

Mateo nodded, sending Skyla a thankful smile,
    "Ok. But first we need more information."

He strode over to the boy and knelt down in front of him so that he was roughly at eye level, getting on the kid's level. He knew in certain cases that could help kids feel more comfortable, especially with his height. In response, the boy shrank back, quivering. However, he stiffened up, showing bravery, and went back to his spot by the tunnel.

"How did this happen?" He asked, tunneling into the situation at hand.

"Before I tell you anything else, I need you to promise that you'll help." The boy said defensively.

"Of course. Whoever this is, their family. And besides that, this is wrong. Even if this person wasn't a member of my family, I would want to help."

The boy nodded, taking a few seconds for himself. "She." He said, "Her name is Emmerly."

Emmerly. Even if it was just a name, Mateo felt closer to his family than he'd ever gotten. He'd never actually met anyone in his family, and only knew his father by name. He knew nobody else in his family tree, not even the original Cabrera, because his name had been lost to the ages. But now it was expanding. He was finding out more of his family, and the branches were starting to grow. Even if the notion was bittersweet, given what was happening to this Emmerly.

"And how do you know her? Why do you even want to help?" Mateo thought to ask. Mateo was someone who didn't worry too much about trust, but in this city, he felt his worries peeking through. Even if he was a kid, Mateo knew the people of Luminosa were conditioned with such harsh beliefs at birth.

"Because she's my friend!" The kid said with such intensity that it surprised him. "And she didn't do anything either!"

This got Mateo to soften up. He gave him a soft smile and shook his head. "I didn't think she did." He paused, finally realizing in his haste to save his family that he'd forgotten to be cordial, then said, "What's your name?"

"N-Nikolai."

"Well, Nikolai, my name's Mateo." He reached up to pat Cora on his head. "This is Cora and the woman behind me is Skyla. And we have other friends in our group as well, but they stayed behind in the city. You can trust us when we say we'll do everything we can to help."

• ???Location: Western Wall, Ironshire
    Current Time: August 29th, 1337. 3:49pm

('][' is in Draconic but because she is Dragonborn. I'll assume she can understand it.)

The large dragon stared at the little girl who approached him but they were an ally. A Dragonborn. She began to soothe the paralysis from the dragon with a light rain and he can slowly feel he could move slightly. His wings began twitching until they began to get full movement within them. Followed by his neck and head then his body. When he regained full movement in his entire body he stood up, with the help of the girl, and spread his wings out and let out a loud and fierce roar that echoed through Ironshire. The dragon looked down at the girl, "[I thank you, friend of the Dragon.]"

For the roar reference

Last edited:

• Mateo looked between the figures present, then did a double take when he noticed one goddess of death floating above Nikolai. It was still pretty weird to him that he was the only one who could see her. Nikolai stared intently on the group, unknowing to the fact that a goddess lazed in a lying position, floating just above his head. She interjected about the fact that he didn't introduce her, though Mateo thought she was just teasing him. Still, he was a little freaked by the goddess, not yet used to her even though her presence felt more calming than malicious. It was more so her title of goddess that made him nervous around her. So, he thought he better answer rather than disregarding it as a tease. "I-" He began, but then remembered what Serena said. He could think to her, and she would hear it.

'You are important.' He thought to her, hoping it would work, 'But I'd rather not scare the kid more by telling him about you. I'm the only one who can see you, I think. He'd probably think I'm mental with an imaginary goddess friend.'

Mateo's focus then switched as Skyla talked about a certain child companion awaiting their return in Luminosa. "Yeah, I think having him around would really help her relax. It might actually help the both of them." Mateo said, taking note of the kid's stiff posture. Despite Mana taking offense to being called a child, Mateo thought having another kid around would definitely be a delight to her. And as this kid was friends with a Cabrera, a person worse than spirits in the eyes of Luminosa, he didn't think Mana being a demon would matter to Nikolai. And Nikolai could definitely benefit from having someone else his age to interact with. It would keep him calm, maybe even distract him from the doom and gloom of the situation.

But then Skyla got down to business, being the voice of reason among them. Mateo would like to believe they could just swoop in and save Emmerly, not even thinking of the repercussions. He hated to think that what she said was true, that the danger was too great. Some part of him still thought they could conquer anything, even if it had been slightly crushed by Mika's death. But this would be tough and bring about a lot of danger. But they had to, because the other option was letting someone innocent die. It was letting family die. He couldn't do that.

"She's six, she's not a criminal!" Nikolai interjected to Skyla's first thought, a notion that continued to make Mateo utterly ill. They were really executing a six-year-old. Nikolai didn't look much older than six himself, and he was already facing such a hardship. His fists clenched at the brutality of Luminosa. For both kids.

"How can I not be sure?" Mateo said, standing up and turning on Skyla. His fists shook at his side. "If we don't do this, we're condemning an innocent six-year-old to death. I don't care about the risks..." Mateo looked down, realizing he was just taking all his frustrations out on Skyla.

"I- I'm sorry. Its just- If we don't do anything, then who will? Things will continue like this. None of this will end. Kids like them will continue to face injustice. My family will..." He looked up at Skyla, a tear tracing his cheek. He was barely holding it together, but he was trying to be strong. For all of them. "We need to break the cycle, and this is the way to do it. I came here for answers, about myself and the curse, but this just feels bigger than I thought. Bigger than myself, bigger than all of us. It's about changing things for the better, and I feel like I need to do it. I want to help them. No one else in this city will, so we need to take the first step." Silence overtook them, only broken by the new kid breaking it with tentative speech.

"I wouldn't mind it." Nikolai once again interjected. Mateo turned towards him. "Our place in the city is already... well, Emmerly lives up there." He pointed towards the mountain. "In the wilds of the mountain. She doesn't have a place within the city, never liked it either. And my place is.. not what I want it to be. Emmerly found a way to survive, so the both of us can make it together up there. We can make it work. It's better than the alternative."

"He accepts the risk, Skyla." Mateo said, "And I do too. Do you?"

"And, I have an idea." Nikolai said, "The start of a plan, if you'll help me."

Mateo nodded, "If we work together, all of us, I really think we can make this work, despite the odds against us."

Rai Ikari
Thunderous Hunter
Luminosa
Quickly, Rai took his glass of water from the waiter's tray and nodded to her in thanks. Right after Nia, he began to take sips of his drink as the conversation continued. Nia had joked back to Rai and then ended her comments by asking him if he'd really hit a girl.

"Well," he started. "It really depends on the situation, I guess. In an argument, not at all. But if she's attempting to kill me with brutal magic abilities? Definitely. But that's a discussion for another time." Rai nervously chuckled and swirled his water around in the cup before speaking again. "Mhm...but yeah, with Ryunni here, you're bound to have some new fighting techniques. That's cool. Maybe we could go somewhere some time so you can show me a thing or two."

Rai shook his head in disappointment for a moment. Not at Nia, but at himself. Then he took a deep breath and leaned toward Nia without looking at her. Then, close to Nia's ear, he whispered, "And uh, if you don't mind, Nia, could we, um, talk later? Just you and I. I can't exactly explain to you right now because of..." He made a small gesture with his hand toward the others. "I-I need to...catch...catch you up a bit better. Hopefully with the others explaining as well. A lot went down while you were gone. And I don't wanna keep sitting here and acting oblivious towards it." Rai moved back away from Nia and spoke in his usual tone again. "Maybe after this meal? If it's okay with you three," he said to Ryunni, Kishi, and Mana.

Code by Serobliss

Castro Smith
Blue-Eyed Bandit
Unknown, Ironshire

"Alright." Castro sighed as he looked at the electrodes. "One of the motors reacted negatively to the scales. So does that mean the electrode will do the same?" He picked an electrode up and felt its pad once again. It wasn't the same material as the motor, so there was no way to tell that it'd have the same exact reaction. But what if it did? And what if that reaction was more dangerous than the one with the motor? Castro sucked his teeth and put the electrode back down.

Right then, he heard the contents of his cabinet being rummaged through from behind him. When he turned around, he saw Aleph seemingly looking for something, or maybe the boy just wanted to see what was inside. Castro began to turn in his chair to ask Aleph what he was looking for but then gave up out of exhaustion, deciding that he didn't care at the moment.

"I'll be taking a risk here, huh?" he thought. "There's a 50/50 chance of a negative reaction, but I have to try. I just need to...I gotta keep Aleph away. Just in case."

A few minutes later, Aleph had come to Castro to let him know that he had finished with the motors, to which Castro gave the boy a smile of appreciation and a nod. Then, he took the electrodes and went to the arm to do his part. Castro immediately hesitated. Being the paranoid person that he was, Castro was seriously doubting the success of this process. There were just too many factors that put the odds against him.

But still, he slowly pressed the electrode to the bottom of the arm. The magnetic field made sure that it stayed on, and the moment it connected, Castro jumped back and raised his hands to shield his face. But...nothing happened. The electrode just powered on. No backlash. No strings of lightning. Nothing.

Castro looked back towards Aleph with an embarrassed expression. He'd just randomly flinched like a fireball was coming his way, with no context to it. "Um, I-I had t-thought it was going to- never mind, you can't hear me." He settled on giving the boy a thumbs up to indicate that everything was okay. Then, he turned back to the arm and picked it up. The limb was basically finished in terms of basic construction. All they had to do now was make sure that it worked and give it a cool design.

Holding the limb in one arm, Castro quickly jotted something down in Aleph's notepad.

We're done building it! Great job, Aleph. I'm very proud of you, really. Glad that I could trust you to be able to follow all of my instructions and even do the motor part yourself! Rori would be proud. And I'm sure your parents will be as well. Now, you and I have to make sure that it works. So now, press the stub of your arm against the bottom of the prosthetic. I'll have to hold still for you because I haven't added the pocket yet. Then just...

Castro paused for a moment, thinking of how to phrase his following sentence.

...just try to move the arm. Like imagine that it was still there, and do what'd you'd do before to move it. Try to sort of use the muscles in the remaining part of the arm. Those muscle contractions send signals through the electrodes and to the motors, which will move the fingers and hand if we did this properly. You may accidentally end up moving the wrong finger at first, it'll definitely feel weird and unfamiliar. But by practicing every day, you'll get the hang of it. Okay?

Mood: Attentive
Kaminari Takahashi
Shugosha
The Seiryoku Empire

Heath shook his head and sighed upon Kumii speaking. To Heath, Kumii was a man who changed to subject too much for his liking. "Thank you. I appreciate you and all of your warriors." Heath sighed. "And I am in a status just as yours. I also will not be in the battle. At least, not immediately. Our forces will fight for us as hard as they can. If things come to the point where a large-scale attack is used or if they are overwhelmed, I will step in." Heath turned towards the maroon exit of the main corridor and began to go towards it.

"Walk with me," he said as he headed out the door. As the two of them went further through the hallway, Heath resumed. "You and I both know this fact. Many of our troops will perish in this war. Perhaps all of them if this goes wrong. And we need to be able to develop plans so that things go in our favor. So tell me, Kumii. Why have you not provided any information concerning this so-called 'Death Knight' and any of his allies?" Heath stopped to face the demon. "I am certain you know how useful it'd be for us to know these things. Yet not a word from you to me or any of my people. Now, I am not attempting to call you a liar or a traitor here, but the fact that you have made no effort to at least tell us anything does not give you a good look as an ally. You want to survive, don't you?"

Heath resumed his walk. "If you can, answer these questions for me. What is his magic type? Or types? Does he have comrades? If so, how many? Is he fighting alone? Give me whatever you can. Any information will be useful. His motivations, weapons, abilities, strengths, and weaknesses. Strategize with me, damn it! I give you my army, offer resources, and allow you and your troops to stay here. My strategists are even planning with yours! And you cannot provide the slightest bit of information on him? I know you are not a fool." Heath halted once more to face Kumii. "If you refuse to tell me anything, then I am afraid that trust will be very scarce between us. Kizawa had informed me that you serve under the Death Knight as a 'general. You have to know something."
--
Little Crit. Choice for ya -

Critical Choice!!: If Kumii refuses to tell Heath anything or backlashes (gets angry), Heath's trust in him will be low and can negatively affect future events. Such as Heath being hesitant to assist him again or allow him to be alone with Kaminari or anyone in the empire.

If Kumii decides to provide Heath with information, Heath's trust in him increases and can positively affect future events. Such as Heath partnering with Kumii again, helping Demon soldiers out in battle, permitting him to be entrusted with Kaminari, and more. The Domori part of this post is below.
---
A sweat-drenched Domori sat on a stool in his room, sighing heavily as he wearily replaced the points of his arrows. A bucket of arrowheads and a filled quiver were at his sides. The arrow points had become dull during target practice, as he had shot them over 450 times during the exercise. Now that war was approaching, the soldiers were being trained extensively, even to the point where they lost sleep. The archers, like Domori, were out perfecting their accuracy and close-range combat, and the infantry refined their bodies and tactics. The Special Senshi were all working on new techniques as well. And for the Royal Guards, training was optional. Domori was the only one who chose to join the others in conditioning, knowing it'd be helpful in the end.

Just as he finished changing one of the arrow points, Mei appeared at his door. And to his surprise, she had come to warn him about something. Something involving the Death Knight. That got his attention immediately.

Domori stood up from his stool and then sat on his bed. "O-okay. I'm all ears," he said softly. "Please, come in and have a seat beside me. Make sure not to knock down the bucket."

Kumii Kumii

Code by Serobliss

Mood: Pissed
Kaius Adamson
The Conceited Genius

Kaius looked up in shock as the clouds suddenly split apart, revealing a dragon. The dragon whose attack he had been anticipating. "What the hell?" he exclaimed and quickly stood up, unsheathing his dagger.

"Is that the dragon you claim is your noble duty to defeat?" Rayya suddenly asked him.

"Y-Yeah! That is! Wha-? How did the-?"

Abruptly, the dragon's body seemed to freeze up, and it began to fall rapidly from the sky. And in a matter of moments, the damage was done. The dragon crashed straight through the western wall of Ironshire and a bit away from the city, leaving an enormous hole in the wall. Kaius could only stare in disbelief as this went down. And when he turned to Rayya, their eyes were a red shade.

"Does me parting the cloud cover then knocking a dragon out of the sky without so much as touching it answer your question? Well? Let's go fulfill your noble duty, yeah?" Rayya revealed before getting on their dog and heading toward the hole. Upon hearing this, an enraged expression appeared on Kaius's face.

"You did that?" he called out to them as they rode off. "Fuck, are you serious?! This is what I'm talking about! Childish!" Kaius leaped from the building and began to run through the streets, following Emar. "I tell her, 'let's have a humble conversation like the adults we are' and she crashes a dragon through the fucking wall. All she had to do was answer with 'yes' or 'no'." He scoffed at the moment and shook his head in anger.

"Don't tell me all Elven Saints are like this."
Code by Serobliss

Last edited:
  • ???Location: Western Wall, Ironshire
    Interactions: AlphaBlueWolf AlphaBlueWolf SharkBark SharkBark
    Current Time: August 29th, 1337. 3:49pm

('][' is in Draconic but because she is Dragonborn. I'll assume she can understand it.)

The little girl spoke of the plan, had he divulged the plan to this girl? It would make sense if she truly was an ally to the Dragon, it would mean that she was openly defying the Dragon Queen by doing so, "[Truly? I suppose you're right about that but he would not mind a sacrifice or two if it meant the betterment of Dragon-kind.]" The dragon snuck his head and neck between the girl's legs and lifted her up onto his neck so that she could ride him.

"[Very well, little friend, we shall make a hasty retreat!]" The dragon exclaimed as he began to flap his wings to take off but he was stopped when they were surprised by a lightning form flying by them and striking the ground beneath the dragon and calling down a bolt of lightning from the sky. The dragon growled out in pain as the shock went all throughout his body.

He raised his claw and then slammed it down where Rayya and Kaius were, hoping to hit at least one of them.

Last edited:

• Serena combatted him with light banter, something that seemed unusual for a goddess, but not unwelcomed by Mateo. She talked about Cora, and he wondered if she knew he was a spirit and not just a regular cat. Shouldn't she, if she were a goddess? Or was it just another tease? 'How do you.. that's.. you know what, fair. I just mean that he would think you're imaginary. You don't have a physical form that I could show him, and you can't show yourself like this to him at all. He'd think I just made up the fact that I can talk to the literal Goddess of Death since I don't have any proof.'

Afterwards, when he'd confided in Skyla, the poor woman couldn't take his puppy dog face, much like an older sister to a younger brother. He sighed in relief when she pat his head, saying she would do it. She was just trying to be the voice of reason for the group of kids. Nikolai and Cora being their youngest, while Mateo, no matter how mature he was, at the end of the day he was still a kid himself. Hearing those words from Skyla, getting that support, it meant the world to him. He felt the warmth slip into every pore of his body, right down to his bones, and it helped recenter him. It gave him a clearer head to know she was with him, washed out all the emotions that plagued him to start anew. He nodded to her, a smile on his lips. "Thanks," He murmured.

Nikolai was clearly infatuated with the same sensation as well, as Skyla put some responsibility onto his shoulders, in a gentle way. His eyes shone; the same way Mateo's had when he first met Skyla. He was like a miniature Mateo, small and meek, but a light in him shone through.

"Well, It's not really.. a plan? More like... an opening. The beginning of a plan." He sighed, unsure of himself, but continued, "So, Emmerly is being held in Convocation HQ. They've got around the clock guards watching her, and access to her is limited. Only those of high rank, like Sebastian himself, are allowed to be around her at any period of time. She's a high rank prisoner, so it's unlikely we'll be able to slip through undetected and break her out. And you don't want to tussle with the Convocation if you know what's good for you, especially in their own headquarters." Nikolai made no effort to explain how he knew all of this. He just unloaded the information on them and continued.

"But there will be one point where she's out in the open. The festival." He paused, eyes passing to the group, trying to read them. "It's going to be a time constraint, and all the Lucero's will be there, plus some guards, but it would be our only moment to have access to her. If we can stop the execution and break her out in time, we can go back to the tunnel and up the mountain. They won't follow us up there, I think."

Well, Nikolai was an articulate little boy, that was for sure. But his plan was, like Skyla and Rai would say, risky as hell. Dangerous, possibly a huge failure if they didn't pull it off right. But it was a start.

• Skyla & SerenaLocation: Luminosa
    Current Time: August 28th, 1337. 11:11am

Serena went into an upward standing position, "I suppose. Just feels bad to be left out." She pouted.

Skyla tapped her fist against her head in a thinking motion as Nikolai explained, "Hmmm... around the clock guards? High rank?" Then a name drop, "Sebastian?" Skyla put a hand out to stop Nikolai, "Okay, back up a second here, Nikolai, that's alot of information to take it all at once." She snapped her fingers, "Okay, tell me about the guards during the festival. What kind of guard will be there? Anyone of note? How many guards will be stationed?" Skyla sat down, crosslegged. She wasn't wearing her normal skirt today though, instead she was wearing a pair of black pants with a white belt. Her torso was adorned with a white shirt and black leather jacket and her hair was actually up in a ponytail this time. So she didn't flash the kids, don't worry.

Serena sat side saddle on the ground, because of her dress. The conversation was starting to interest Serena as well, "Wish I could be of more help. How awesome would it be to have an invisible assailant scout for you? Sadly, I can't travel too far from you, Mateo or else I'll start to fade."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back