• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

EccentricFantasy

The mind is a fearsome thing, don't tread on it.
Long ago, war raged across the continent of Austeria. Kingdoms fought, blood was ahead and untold numbers died. Perished in the name of wealth, power or land for one kingdom or another. Battles raged over the plains and spread across the lands at all times. The common day man knew nothing of peace and knew all to well the smell of a bloody war. Fighting was so bad that many kingdoms were on the verge of having no subjects left to rule. The war and genocide had to stop.

The weakest nation, Lat'ovik, did not have might as other kingdoms, but they had a council. A council of ancient mages, wizards and witches. These people knew that the war needed to stop. Some of them saw that perhaps their peaceful nation should rule. So, the Great Arcanum Council put their plan into motion.

It took years before the fruits of their labor showed. Much planning, gathering and magic was required, but one day, it was complete. Using Alchemy, Magic and other unknown means, the great council completed the greatest weapons on the planet. The Siege Kings.

The Siege Kings are a group of men and women, some normally born and others created through magical or artificial means. The one thing they all have in common, they remember nothing before being Siege Kings.

They were a force of nature. One Siege King held the power of an entire platoon of infantry with a squad of mages as support. They laid waste to attacking armies, toppled fortresses that had stood for centuries and eventually won the war for Lat'ovik, making them the rulers of Austeria.

What they didn't know was the plan the council had in motion. They knew that as long as the Siege Kings existed, there would never be peace. So, in an act of betrayal, the council banished the Siege Kings into a void of reality to sleep for all eternity. Before they were banished, the Kings swore vengeance upon Austeria and all of the councils bloodline.

Centuries passed. Man kind evolved and forgot the old magic ways. Now replaced by technology, guns and tactics. Though some still remember. Some protect the modern day people and prepare for a fight with the arcane.

Recently, the leaders and public have panicked. A crack of light has ripped open the sky above Tetrovia, the once castle capital of Lat'ovik. The Kings are returning for their pound of flesh. Will modern weapons stop them or be merely a stepping stone in their crusade of vengeance?

This is a weird little gem I thought up in my head. Basically we will be playing the Siege Kings, returning through unknown means to the kingdom that used them and banished them so long ago. We will be making Fantasy type characters, but we will be fighting modern weaponry and tactics with the occasional magic opponent. It is up to us if we go forth with our plan to wipe the country and kingdom from existence or we do other things later on.

Keep in mind that Siege Kings are mythical proportion level fighters, but modern day weapons and tech will still be effective. So make them strong, but not too strong. As a general rule, just think that smaller weapons cannot do much, but high calliber rifles and weapons will work. As far as powers go, feel free to go wild. Make it Alchemy based or magic or even a combination of the two! Just run it by me so we can nerf it or buff it if need be.

Quick test to make sure you read this. What is your favorite animal? Post it with your request to join!

Rules:
1. Respect. I don't care if you don't like another players choices in character or in roleplay. You respect them and we can all have fun.

2. Posting will happen in rounds. My post will start a round. You may post once in a round. Post more and that post will be deleted. A new round starts at my next reply or after 2 days if not everyone has posted. If you miss that round, sorry. This just keeps things tidy and makes it easy for others to catch up if they have to go.

3. If you need to disappear for more than three days, tell me. I know life happens. Just let me know when it does.

4. I would like at least a 3 paragraph post. However, I prefer quality over quantity. Give me a well written post and all is well.

5. Another Test! What is your favorite movie?

6. Our characters will have known each other, being they are all Siege Kings. So it is fine to use another character in your backstory, but run the idea by that player to make sure they think it is something their character would do.

I have also come up with an over arching theme for the Kings. Color! Like each Siege king will have a color attached to them (example: "The Crimson Siege King of Damnation"). I just think it will be a wonderful way to make it so we have some connection to each other.

I hope we can all make a lovely story together!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back