• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Return oc Umbridge

Hagrid had never taught in a classroom before . He had been teaching Care of Magical Creatures regularly ever since the battle of Hogwarts but this was a completely different animal ( well to be honest there was a lack of animals something that at the back of his mind he lamented greatly ) . Here in this room the full size of the half giant was truely felt especially amongst these first years who were not even a day old in there houses . When Carmen smiled at him Hagrid smiled back .

“Relax “. He tried to tell himself, “It’s just like Care of Magical Creatures “. “ He looked at the crowed of talkative first years and said in a deep booming much like the one he used with them the previous night while they were shuffling into the boats, and much to loud to be used in doors . “Alright everyone settle down now !” Bart who was half dozing felt out of his chair , and Russle Hazeord a Hufflpuff nearly spilt all of his ink .

“ Sorry “. Hagrid said , but it appeard that he had the classes full attention so he went on .” Right now , my name is Rubris Hagrid and i’ll be your Transfiguration professor, now can anybody tell me what Transfiguration is ?” A few hands went up but he saw Bart’s hand first.

“ You , sleeping man . Can you tell us what Transfiguration is ?” The whole class snickerd at this but Bart answers despite fighting back some laughter at his own expense. “ Transfiguration is when you turn something into something else “. Hagrid smiled “Very good , five points to Slytherin.” Now can some give me an example . Suzzie’s hand went up like a lighting bolt . “ When you transform a boys ears and nose into a pigs snout and ears “. There was some laughter at this by the students who knew a great deal of the story of Harry Potter and how Hagrid had transformed his consin’s appearance to resemble that of a pig . Hagrid was between laughter and embarrassment but he did get out.

“ Er. Yes , very good , that is a very advanced form of transfiguration - Ten points to Hufflepuff.” Suzzie looked back at Bart and stuck her tongue out playfully at Bart. Hagrid went on to explain what today’s activity was and that was , the simple transformation of a ordinary field mouse into a match box . Suzzie raised her hand. “ Professor Hagrid , will we be turning the matchboxes back into mice ?”
“Of course , of course. Well not you I mean if we had you going that far today then might have an accident like one of you turning a matchbox into a dragon “.

Hagrid had them break off into small groups David , Bart and Johnny were parred together and Carmen and Suzzie parred off with the shaggy looking boy with black hair from the previous night the one who Newt brought up to demonstrate how to open the door . His name was Philip.

Bart’s groups was having mixed results. Bart was able to turn it into a matchbox on the second try while Jonnhy was able to get it the first . David on the other hand struggled to get his and even when he did the matchbox still had whiskers .

Suzzie wasn’t having much luck either and her mouse kept moving around and truth be told she was a little squeamish about the whole idea . Philip got his on the second try the confidence boost that Newt gave him the night before seemed to had helped . Suzzie was about to blow up or cry or maybe both when she finally said
“ Carmen could you hold my mous, it’s not wanting to sit still “.

Avery and Sarah were the first two outside for Care Of Magical Creatures, not because Avery wanted to be there first one outside for the class with their new professor, but because he had a little friend he needed to feed. A small Bowtruckle stood happily on Averys hand while the Hufflepuff fed him tiny insects. Twick, the Bowtruckle in question held Averys finger with one of his little arms and looked up at Avery happily. At the beginning of the previous year when he was a 2nd year, they were studying Bowtruckles and they fascinated him so much that Hagrid let him feed a lot of them and Twick so happened to be the one to attach himself to Avery and liked being the center of attention and it was clear that Avery gave him that attention.

"They are rather sweet creatures... Unless they feel threatened... then they can become rather violent..." he said to Sarah as if she didnt already know, somewhat distracted, rubbing Twicks head with his finger. He didnt even notice as everyone started arriving. He was an oblivious kid sometimes when absorbed into something else more interesting.

Carmen held back a giggle as she looked at Suzzie. "Suzzie... Your mouse is rather freaked out... You have to sooth it first, to make the transfiguration easier." she explained before demonstrating and gently petting her mouse, not freaked out at all by it. She did have an older brother after all who made her go on adventures with her through tall grass where there were many little animals and insects around. That of course didnt mean that bugs didnt gross her out.

When her mouse calmed down, She pulled out her wand, looking at her mouse with determination and she flicked her wand, and said the spell. A huge smile spread across her face as the mouse spun and turned into the matchbox it was supposed to.

Sarah stroked Twick’s leaf like antennas. “ Who’s a pretty boy , who’s mommy’s special boy ?” Sarah cooed , as she pulled out a bottle full of fat little Beatles . “ Look what mommy’s got for you she picked one out of the bottle a held it out Twick devoured it greedily.

“ Daddy only gives Twick tiny little ants and worms , but Mommy gives Twick big bugs because she loves Twick more than Daddy “. The tiny creature moved from Avery’s hand and rapped its stem like frame around Sarah’s ring finger , she stuck her toung out at Avery with mock spite . “ Told you Goodmore ! I am the favorite parent “. Both Hufflepuffs were so absorbed in their plant pet child , that they failed to realize the other students gathering around . However it wasn’t the students that caused them alarm it was anthor Bowtruckle .

Sarah had just plucked a nice juicy beatle from the bottle and was about to feed it to Twicks , when all of a sudden anthor Bowtruckle a much bigger Bowtruckle. ( Twick was about two inches tall this one was about eight inches ). came flying from out of thin air and swiped the beetle from Sarah’s fingers, and leaped onto her head .

Sarah in one motion handed Twick back to Avery . “As Goodmore said before Bowtruckles are peaceful until they feel threatened . “ She was trying to stay completely still as not to frighten it but before anything could be done a voice came from the back of the crowed who were now watching the strange spectacle.

“Picket !” As if someone had uttered a very powerful spell the Bowtruckle jumped from Sarah’s head into the pocket of its parent . Newt Scamander looked down at the pocket with a displeased look on his face . “ You have attachment issues intill a beatle is on the line don’t you , now don’t give me that look you’ve been feed this morning what were you thinking stealing someone else’s breakfast ?” The crowed cleared a path for the ageing wizard , as he made his way to the front he clapped Avery and Sarah on the backs . “ Sorry about that , Picket here’s rather spoiled thinks every bug in the world belongs to him . Be mindful that yours doesn’t end up like mine “.

By this point Twicks had swung back over to Sarah’s shoulder in hopes of getting more food . “ Great , now that old Scamander’s touched him we’ll never get him to shower again .” Avery was transfixed on Newt as he made his way towards the front of the crowed . “ Good morning everyone !” He said brightly .”Are you all ready to learn about some beast ?” Sarah put a hand over Avery’s mouth “ That’s rhetorical Goodmore .” She said .

“Usually , Monday would be the day of the week where we meet inside and take notes .However today I think we should do something to break the ice so I have someone I want you to meet so come along we only have an hour and a half for classes and I want to make the most of it .”

Newt lead the party of third year Hufflepuffs and Slytherins down a twisted wooded path towards the Great Lake when they came to the clearling they noticed a beast that was half eagle and half horse .

“Class , I would like you all to meet Happy the Hippogriff now who wants to pet him “. A sea of hands shot up Newt scanned the crowed before calling on Avery . “ Behave yourself Avery “. Said Sarah gravely .” Don’t show off I don’t want to tell Carmen that you died because you were trying to impress Scamander “. The fear was real in her voice Avery Goodmore was a good kid but his hero worship of Newt knew no bounds .

Newt took the lead Avery and the other students followed closely . When they reached the huge beast Newt said solftly. “ Just gentley stroke his mane that’s it “. Avery of course needed no instruction from Newt he had read Fantastic Beast at least fifteen times , but all the same he hung on to every word Newt said like it was gospel. As soon as he was done Newt asked Avery . “ I want you to look at Happy’s beak and his right eye . The beak in question had three long deep scars where gashes had been made and the eye had a scar running down it and the feathers looked as if something had burnt it bad and that they would never quite be the same . The actual eye was bright gold a sort of magical prostic .

“ Do you know why he’s called Happy , Avery ? Because he’s the most even tempered and contented beast that I have meet Humans did these things to him Avery bad humans . It’s our jobs to keep this from happening do you understand ?”

Suzzie took her mouse and rubbed its back it calmed down and then she cast her spell. A perfect match box. “Thanks Carman “. Suzzie said . Hagrid was going around to the gropes offering encouragement. “ At a boy Tommy ! Liz great work . David yours has whiskers don’t give up it was a good try do it again !” Hagrid walked by Carmen’s group and saw there was no issue “ Three perfect matchboxes well done !” Hagrid looked at the clock . “ Fifteen more minutes “. He muttered.

Hagrid walked to the front of the class “ Attention everyone, there’s only fifteen minutes left of class and I am offering a chance for 200 house points “. At this the room went silent “. first I need a volunteer from each house . Bart , Carmen you two looked like you knew what you were doing how about you two come down ?”

“ For Slytherin House anything .” Bart said as he rushed to the front of the class “.

Avery rolled his eyes at Sarah. Sure Newt was his favourite author, but Sarah liked to throw it out of proportion. Newt was still a human being too. Newt was someone he looked up to, but that was because He liked the way Newt thought out of the box. It's not everyday would break rules to find things out about creatures classified as dangerous and find that they really arent mean at all... You just have to learn how to handle them. Avery admired that.

He looked up at the Hippogriff, not with fear or concern in his eyes, it was curiousity. He gave Newt a small nod, not taking his eyes off Happy as he stroked his feathers. "Some people do not understand them.... They don't realize that each creature reacts differently... But, it doesnt make them dangerous." he said gently, giving the Hippogriff a small smile. "Someone must have offended him to make him react poorly... resulting in them reacting just as poorly." Avery said with a small shake of his head. "They arent as dangerous as people think." he said, forgetting he was talking to Newt Scamander himself. It didnt matter though, Avery was speaking the truth, something he would even say to his sister. He wasn't trying to impress anyone, nor was he wanting to. He was stating facts.

He glanced back at Twick who sat on Sarahs shoulder, eagerly waiting his return because lets face it, Avery just had a way with Animals and he was the favourite. He then turned his attention to his Professor "Do people really still think this way about them? Even after your book?" He asked gently, looking at the wizard with a questioning look

Carmen squeaked slightly when she was called upon. Why her out of all the other Hufflepuffs? She bit her lip as she rose from her seat. She certainly didn’t seem as confident as Bart did but it did seem interesting.

“Sure... lets give it a try...” she said softly, walking over to the front of the class, Beside Bart

Newt smiled sadly. “ See this right here”. Newt said he pointed to Happy’s eye . “An Auror did this , had to i’m afraid Happy was quite angry at the moment , he was scared and confused and nearly destroyed the neighborhood where he was found .

“ Muggles did most of this Avery , see this .” Newt gently craned Happy’s neck where a brand was place with the letters OE”. The other kids had gathered around at this point and they all saw the brand .

“ Witch Hunters !” Sarah gasped . “ Quite astute Miss Dennis “. Newt said turning to the class . “Yes , Happy was found tied up beaten and half starved by pepole who have little understanding or care for us or the creatures that share our magic “. Now half the student body present were Slytherin , and there was a little murmur about the state of mugglekind . Newt raised his hand for silence . “ Since , us wizards are the only ones who understand these beast it is our job to protect them “.

All of a sudden the great bells of Hogwarts chimed out . “Well that’s the bell , same time Wendsday everyone . Oh before I forget one more thing “. The crowd of students turned to look at the aging wizard . “ Just because muggles mistreated Happy doesn’t mean magical folks aren’t just as capable of such crueltie, when I took my first trip to New York the standard protocol for any magical beats was its destruction.”

Sarah and Avery made there way back towards the Bowtruckle exhibit. Twick was clinging to Sarah not wanting to let go . “Come on Twick .” Sarah said we’ll be back Wensday “. It took quite a bit of coaxing to get Twick to unwrap its self from Sarah’s finger , but just before Sarah could put Twick back Newt spoke . “ You two seem awfully close to that little Bowtruckle, Hagrid has told me that you and Avery have been his aquanautes for two going on three years now “. Sarah nooded but what Newt said next made both there jaws drop . “ Would either of you two like to take him home over the summer ?”

Both , Bart and Carman stood at the front of the class . “ Alright you two “. Hagrid said rubbing his hands together. With the wave of his wand an entire tea set apparated out of thin air . “ This tea set was once a mother cat and her kittens , who ever can turn them back or who ever comes the closest will be awarded the 200 points, Bart how about you go first “.

Bart felt a sharp twings in his stomach. A match box to a mouse was one thing but a whole tea set ? He gulped before waving his wand . He was aiming for the tea kettle but he missed and hit a cup . The results were mixed to say the least . There was a kitten alright however only the head legs and tail it meowed and began to walk around the table Hagrid with one great gentle hand scooped the little thing up and finished the transformation.

“ Not bad for your first time on something like this Bart , i’m quite impressed. Hogwarts will make a proper wizard out of you yet “. He ruffled before Bart’s hair before turning to Carmen .” Your turn Carmen “.

Avery didnt exactly like hearing that Muggles caused this. Even though he knew it was true. But it was also true that not every Muggle was like that. Thats an impression he grew up with since a fair few of his family were muggles even though him and Carmen weren't Muggleborn themselves. But, there were still people who didnt understand.

When the Bell chimed and Avery and Sarah were trying to get Twick to go back with the others, Avery almost smirked at Sarahs comment. 'Yes, She wouldnt be back till Wednesday. But that didnt mean I wouldnt be' He thought to Himself. He always came alone on his breaks and before dinner to see Twick. Sure he probably wasnt always allowed to, but Avery couldnt help it. He really cared for his little twiggy boy. And if that made him a silly, obsessed creature lover, then so be it. He smiled as the small Bowtruckle crawled into his hand, giving the stick like creature a head rub with his index finger.

Averys attention was adverted from his little friend to the new Professor and Averys eyes were wide with wonder when Newt gave this proposition. "Really? You would really let me take him home for the summer?" He asked, looking at Twick in his hands with Adoration. He had a hard time comprehending what was said. He blinked back into reality before looking at Sarah "No Offense Sarah... But you have a tendency to try and one up me constantly.... Can I at least have this one thing? I dont care about anything else you want to do, no matter how annoying it can be... But Twick is something I dont exactly want to just give up to someone else. No matter how much you try to make him like you more... which youre failing at..." he said with a small laugh, looking down at Twick again who wrapped his little arms around his fingers, squeaking out noises of content.

Carmen gave Bart a small encouraging smile after he finished his transfiguration. Honestly he did really good.... Did she really have it in her to change it back? She shook her head. She could do this. She wasnt going to let a boy doing an almost perfect transfiguration wreck her confidence. She quickly adjusted her yellow ribbon in her hair and held her new wand firmly in her hand. She looked at the tea set with a look of determination and confidence.

She took a quick, calming breath before flicking her wand towards the set, hitting the tea pot. Grinning when it transformed into an almost perfect momma cat. the only thing wrong was that she was missing her tail and she had the design pattern from the tea pot still on her fur. She giggled softly at her a mistake "Oops. I think I did ok..."

Sarah smiled at Avery like the Cheshire Cat.” If you insist Goodmore , I beat you at everything else I can at least keep Twick for three months out of the year “. She smiled and petted Twick . “ Besides , there’s twevle months out of the year and you have him three but the other nine he’s mommy’s boy “.

Sarah picked out another grub and fed it to Twick before scooping up her bags . “ I’ll tell you what Goodmore i’ll race you to potions winner gets to keep Twick over the Summer “. She sprinted towards the castle her arms held back as if she were an eagle about to dive on some unfortunate prey “.

“You better get going if you want to beat her “. Said Newt playfully taking Twick gently and putting him back with the other bowtruckles . Newt looked at Avery and Sarah a smile crossed his face suddenly he was reminded of a dark haired New York Witch who right now was wanting for him at a quite room at the Three Broomsticks . “Life is good “. He thought as he walked back out to meet his next class .

Sarah toyed with Avery the entire way to Potions, she stayed about twenty feet away from him constantly keeping an arms reach ahead . Eventually though just as they were about to enter Professor Potters class she relented and allowed Avery to beat her . Twick was his .

“ We’ll that settles it then !” Hagrid said his voice the same unintended boom it had been at the beginning of class .”200 points to Hufflepuff!” One half of the room burst out into Louis cheering the other half began to hiss most good nature some not .

Hagrid claped Carmen on the back so hard it almost made her fall over . “ That has to be some of the best transfiguring I’ve ever seen out of a first year in my entire life outstanding work Carman “. The great bells of Hogwarts chimed the ending of class . Don’t forget to read pages 5 to 11 for next class everyone !” Hagrid called out as the class began to exit .

Bart extended his hand to Carman .”Good job Goodmore you got me fair and square.” By now everyone was in the hall well expect for Suzzie who had stayed lingering watching Hagrid transformation the other cats back to their original form . It made her uneasy thinking of a mother cat hopeless meowing at a tea cup wanting her kittens and she was more than satisfied when she saw Hagrid transformating them to their original form .

Jonnhy and David were standing around listing to some gossip. They were talking to two other first years both in Gryffindor. “ Slytherins already lost 300 points !” Exlaimed David “ But how ?”

“ We already told you .” The boy said he was a small dark skin boy with buggy eyes and curly hair . “ Turned the girls blood to mud he did she stopped breathing for a good half minute it’s a wonder that she’s still alive “. David and Johnny at each other and then Jonnhy spoke “ What do you guys say his name was ?”

“ Bruce Magnus he’s a sevennth year he was a chaser for Slytherin . Don’t know how long that will last though “. The other one a short freckled face boy with curly blonde said . “ it’s up in the air if he’ll get kicked out seeing as his dad owns half the shops on Khock Turn Ally . “. Said the bug eyed kid . “Typical Slytherins am I right ?” The other boy said and both turned around, walking to there next class .

David and Johnny would have been livid at the insult to there house however both were too both terrified . A big older kid in there house who hated muggle borns and he just got done almost killing a girl . Both boys walked back to where Bart and Carman were standing . Bart turned to David and Johnny . “Lord above it looks like you two have been kissed by a Dementor what are you bent out of shape over ?”

“ Slytherin ... They just lost 300 points “. David stammered . “ So , House points are lost all the time by the end of the day all the houses will have roughly the same “. Bart said nonchalantly . “ You don’t understand. “Jonnhy said “ Some older kid names Bruce Magnus turned some girls blood into mud she’s in the hospital wing now “.

Bart’s eyes went wide when he heard the name Magnus .” Magnus ? Those inbred brutes . There nothing but trouble my uncle got into a Wizarding duel with Bruce’s father “. By now Suzzie had joined Carmen and Philip in the hall .” Good job Carmen brialnt work in there “. She turned to the trio of Slytherins and smiled warmly “ You guys did a good job to “. As Suzzie said this her eyes wanderd to Jonnhy’s right hand where she faintly noticed the letters “OE”. Jonnhy put both hands in his robes when he realized this . “ Come on “. Philip said “We’re going to be late for Flitwick’s class .

Avery sighed as Sarah ran off. He glanced up at Newt "the only reason she knows anything about him is because of me... If she took him, she wouldnt know what to do... He wouldnt make it" The Hufflepuff said, his widening. "For the love of Merlin I need to win!" He squeaked, fearing for Twicks life "Ill come see you later. I Promise!" He said quickly to Twick as he took off running, a cloud of Yellow and black robes, trying to catch up to Sarah "Come on Sarah! Slow down! You'd over feed him!" He pleaded

Avery gasped for air as he collapsed into his seat. "Oh thank Merlin..." He didnt think he would be so glad to win anything in his life... Well besides Quidditch. He loved when he saw the Hufflepuff Seeker grabbing the Snitch with such speed. He was the Keeper last year and he was hoping to keep his title for years to come. He was hoping to be Seeker at some point. But he was just Grateful to even be on the team. But thats besides the point. Quidditch was a sport, Twick was a living thing and he needed the right kind of care. It was clear was Avery wanted to do when he was older.

Carmen beamed happily. She really did it! Well... sort of anyways. She definitely did better than what she thought she would. Oh she couldnt wait to tell her parents! It made her think of her mum. She was very good in all her classes. She was Prefect for Hufflepuff and ended up being Headgirl and Carmen wanted to do the same thing. Sure it was only her first day of her first of seven years here, but it wasnt bad to have a goal.

She gave Bart a sweet smile as she shook his hand "Thank you! But you did great yourself." She said kindly as they all filed out of the class. She stood near the other SLytherin boys as she waited for Suzzie. Unlike some people, Carmen wasnt someone to judge people based on their house and what others did. Others actions shouldnt reflect on who the person in question is.

The young girl grinned at Suzzie as she walked over to her house mate "thank you! I didnt think I had it in me" she said honestly before giggling softly, a sparkle in her green eyes. She nodded at Phillips words before giving the 3 Slytherin boys a friendly wave as they headed to Flitwicks class.

Arley Owens Gathered his books from his previous class as he made his way to his Defense Against the Dark Arts class the Ravenclaws shared with Slytherin. He spent the whole walk their talking with his housemates about what would be taught in the first lessons.

"What if we start with boggarts?" "Absolutely not! Boggarts turn into your worst fear. They wouldnt start with that. Plus I dont need to see a giant spider" some of the other Ravenclaws stated as they walked into the classroom. Arley laughed softly. Boggarts did seem interesting. But Hes never seen one before so he was sure his thoughts on that would change rather quickly if he did see one. He sat down in the second row beside one of his house mates, it obvious of the house split, green on one side, Blue on the other.

Jonnhy was the first one in his seat and was the first to notice a stark difference between last period and this one . In transfiguration the Slytherins and Hufflepuff had melted together there were groups of two or three Hufflepuffs sitting with a Slytherin and vice versa . Here it was as if some one was doing a land scape painting and wanted to keep sky and grass from touching .

“ Why dose Ravenclaw and Slytherin hate each other ?” Jonnhy asked turning to Bart . “ They don’t hate us , per say “. Bart said “Every other house is scared of us a little on a count of our conection to the Dark Arts but don’t worry I talked to my dad about it everyone warms up to us eventually ... well ... Expect for Gryffindor they REALLY do hate us but we don’t have to worry about then till next period “.

Jonnhy was about to say some eles but before he could say anything David came walking in with a red headed Ravenclaw girl . “ Look there Jonnhy boy, looks like our American friend is starting to heat things up a little. “ Hey Lloyd we don’t start making Love Potions till next class !” Bart called out .

The two went bright red and the Ravenclaw girl truned bright ran back over setting her things beside Arley she was in such a hurry that she failed to notice that she accidentally spilted ink all over the back of Arley’s robes. “ I’m so sorry !” The girl squeaked in a mousey voice Arley turned around to see the poor girl was almost in tears .

David was furious . With one arm he pulled Bart up close and made him meet his gaze , the entire class was transfixed on the scene .” Why in tarnation did you do that for ?” David said .” Don’t have a cow man I was just teasing Jonnhy could help me out here ?” Bart looked to Johnny but he wasn’t saying anything he was quietly writing out the title “ Defense Against the Dark Arts Notes “.

“ Come on Jonnhy “. Bart said Jonnhy sighed and looked up “ David Come on , put the mouthy one down it’s not worth losing house points over, Jonnhy as soon as class is over go apologize to the girl to “. David took a deep breath and felt a little satisfaction at Jonnhy’s judgement David looked around everyone was staring at him . Feeling very flush the boy sat down and quickly took out a piece of parchment.

Professor Spourt came in a mere five minutes latter to a dead silent class . This was not out of the ordinary however in her mind . A Slytherin Ravenclaw class was usually a quite class . “Good morning everyone!” She said brightly the class responded dumbly as Spourt went on .” Welcome everyone to there first year in Defense Against the Dark Arts , before we begin I would like to say a couple things about the subject first I would like to say that there are two very important rules . Rule one Dementors are not to be triffled with we will talk more about them at a later date however I must point out the second rule and that is NEVER create a horcrux “.

All of a sudden a Ravenclaw boy asked .”Professor Spourt , what is a horcrux ?” Professor Spourt clearerd her thoart “That’s a very good question. Can anyone here tell me what a Horcrux is ?” At once nearly half the room’s hands went up Bart who was sitting in the front was called on .” A horcrux is when you spilt your soul by killing people, you put your souls into different objects “. Bart said this in a way that was more akin to talking about the weather .

“Very astute “. Spourt said impressed with the boys knowledge and a little consinerd that a boy his age knew some much about a horcrux or that he could talk about it in such a devil may care way . “ Does anybody know why it’s bad to make a hocrux ?”

“ Because you have to kill people duh !” Bart said before any other hands could go up there was a short burst of laughter from the class . Spourt put her hand to her head . “ I should take five points from Slytherin for that check but I feel like I phrased that question in a very poor way ; let’s try again does anyone know why creating a hocrux is bad besides the murder of an innocent victim?” She called upon Arley who’s hand shot up like a rocket .

Arley Owens had sat himself in the second row, closer to the middle of the class and was very quietly getting his quill, ink and parchment ready for the start of the class. He was almost done when the sensation of something cool overwhelmed his back and he jumped up. "Oh Merlin!" He yelped, caught off guard from what had happened until he faced the girl, realizing she was the one that caused the action. And by the look of mortification on her face, knew it was accidental

He gave her a gentle smile, putting a hand on her shoulder "It's okay, things happen. It's only a little ink" he said with reassurance before shrugging off his robe and resting it on the table before pulling out his wand, pointing it at the stain gently saying 'Tergeo'. Before watching the ink stain disappear before his eyes

"There. Good as new" He said before putting his dark blue and black robe back on. before sitting down beside the red head. "Im still getting used to using ink and a quill, myself, dumping them over a lot. Figured that spell would be right helpful to learn first" he said with a small laugh, putting his wand into his robe once again. It was easy to ignore the commotion happening on the Slytherin side of the room. It wasn't any of his business to begin with.

Arley immediately put his attention to Professor Sprout as she smiled at the class, listening and taking in the new information, jotting down notes every few moments so he wouldnt forget and so he had something to work off of when he looked deeper into certain things.

'Do not EVER create a Horcrux' The Ravenclaw wrote on his page, also listening to Bart give all the information be knew about Horcruxes. It made sense how Bart knew all that information, he was a pureblood after all, he could have learned about it long ago since he had access to all that information way before Arley even learned that Wizards and Witches existed.

"Let’s try again does anyone know why creating a hocrux is bad besides the murder of an innocent victim?” Professor Sprout asked. 'Wait... I know the answer to this. I read something about Horcruxes...' He thought to himself, before quickly raising his hand. "Yes, Mr. Owens" She said, looking at the Muggleborn with a smile.

"Creating a Horcrux causes damage to the soul that cant be repaired... and the more you split your soul, the less Human you become... Its Very dark magic..." He said gently, doing his best to recall everything he read. Sprout gave him a smile. She would have been surprised that he knew that information on the first day, however she has seen many muggleborn witches and wizards figure out answers to these way before even some purebloods, one being the Minister of Magic.

"Yes, Precisely, Mr. Owens. Very well done"

Last edited:
Professor Spourt smiled at Arley as she took out her wand and made a few swishing motions with it . All of a sudden everyone’s text book began to turn pages on its on , all 30 books flipping to the exact same page number sixty six chapter six— Dementors”. “Alright then !” Professor Spourt said cheerfully. “ Can anyone tell me what is a dementor is and what they do ?”

A sea of blue and green went up each eager to be the hand that got called on . The redheaded girl who David was talking to at the beginning of class was called on . “Dementors suck out people’s souls .” Another hand went up this time belonging to David ” So Dementors kill you by sucking out your soul ?” Spourt shock her head grimy. “ No i’m afraid it’s quite worse then that . Having your soul sucked out by a dementor is a fate worse than death for once someone loses a soul to a dementor there is no means known to Wizarding kind to get it back “.

“ So what’s it like to have your soul sucked out ?” Jonnhy asked “ I mean what’s it like living without a soul ?” Professor Spourt spoke as if almost in an erie trance . “Your an empty husk , You just sit there starring off into space , you can’t move you can’t really think you don’t live you only exist “. It was obvious to even this group of elven year olds that Professor Spourt has had more experiences with Dementors and their victims than any one auought to .

“ Professor Spourt , who’s that ?” Spourt had been in a trance for a whole two minutes before Bart snapped her out of it with the question . “ Who’s , who child ?” Professor Spourt said “ That ghost behind you .” Bart said . Spourt nearly jumped out of her skin . “ Merlin’s beard Peeves what on earth are you doing “. Hovering a good three or four feet above Professor Spourt was Peeves the resident prankster ghost who was poised with an executioner sword at Spourt’s head . Quickly he hid it behind his back although Peeves was translucent so you could still see the sword .

“ You know your not supposed to be in here while class is going on !” Peeves yawned casually taking a magical firework out of his pocket and thowing it into the air where it exploded in a flash of red and gold light and a loud. “Pop!” “ Don’t Care !” Peeves said swinging his sword around his head “I’ll call the Baron !” Spourt threatened “ Bussy in the kitchens “. Peeves said .

“ Not anymore !” Came a grand and ghostly voice . All of a sudden the form of the Bloody Baron materialized right from under Arley’s desk and right though him . There was a lould cheer of the Slytherins who knew not a lot about there house but did know that The Bloody Baron was their House ghost and that presently , he had come to save them .

Jonnhy had not been allowed to watch cartoons but that didn’t stop him from occasionally viewing them . What happened next seemed to come straight out of Tom and Jerry as the Baron chased Peeves all around the room . He was chased out but not before knocking and breaking several glass bottles and apparating behind Arley grabbing his nose and screaming right in his ear .”GOT YOUR CONK BIRDY BOY”!” As soon as Peeves and the Barron were gone Spourt went over to Arley .” You Alright Mr Owens ? Today you’ve been made the target of Supernatural mischief ?”

Arley tilted his head a bit as the poltergeist appeared behind the Professor. Why were there so many ghosts? Why was this normal? There was so much he still didnt understand, no matter how many things he seemed to read about, new things kept popping up. The Ravenclaw gave an intense shiver when the Bloody Baron floated through him. It was so uncomfortable. 'Why did ghosts do that? They should have known someone was right there!' He asked himself silently.

He let his eyebrows knit together as he watched the most unusual scene. He thought ghosts chasing each other around a room only happened on the telly, never did he think he would witness it in person. He definitely knew he would have a lot to tell his parents when they ask what the wizarding world was like. It definitely a lot different, if not more interesting than the muggle world.

He would have laughed at the comedy act, however he was distracted from it all when Peeves flew over and screamed in his ear, making the young boy yelp and fall out of his chair, landing on the floor with a thud.

Arley glanced up at Professor Sprout, rubbing his now ringing ear and throbbing nose as he got off the floor, back into his seat. "Yes, Im alright... Its as if they can just tell im not used to any of this... does this happen often?" He asked, a confused look on his face. That Poltergeist already became a nuisance to himself.

“ Usally , the ghost stay out of the classrooms although Peves dose have a nasty habit of popping in from time to time “. Professor Spourt smiles to herself a little ,”I will definitely need to have a word with the bloody Baron that’s for sure now where was I “.

“ Dementors !” Came the voice of a ravenclaw boy in the back . “ Oh yes Dementors !” Spourt said shuttering slightly at the mention at the wretched creatures “Well usally here Hogwarts we don’t teach students about dementors intill at least third year however current events and the fact that dementors are growing more feral has lead the Ministry to push the subject up quite a bit “.

“ Are we going to learn how to cast Patronuses ?” Asked Bart you could tell there was some genuine interest in his voice . “ By the end of the year yes “ . Professor Spourt said “That’s the plan to have all first years able to cast the patronus charm “. Jonnhy raised his hand “ Professor Spourt what is a patronus ?” “ A very good question “. Spourt said “Bart since you seem to know what a patronus is can you explain it for us ?” “ A patronus is like this giant animal made out of pure happiness and it kills dementors !” Bart sounded so self assured .” You on the right track Bart but not exactly , a patronus dose fend dementors off but it doesn’t kill them “. Bart went quite red as if he suddenly remembered a lesson that had been drilled into him at least a dozen times . “ Oh yes , quite right my bad “. Bart looked down at his piece of parchment and appeared to write something down .

“Professor , if a patronus doesn’t kill a dementor what dose ?” Jonnhy asked ,
“ Nothing .” Professor Spourt said bluntly .” Dementors feed on happiness, they cannot be killed by wand , steele or lead “. A Slytherin boy raised his hand . “ Professor Spourt , my Dad says that casting a patronus is something most qualified wizards can’t do , now you expect us all to be able to cast a patronus ?” Professor Spourt took a deep sigh . “ Now that IS a very good point Mr. Felton . Yes the patronus charm is a very difficult spell to cast however it a theory presist that if you practice enough you can at least conger a non corparal patrnous . “ The redheaded ravenclaw girl raised his hand . “ So what your telling us is that we are going to be graded on something that a lot of us won’t be able to do !”

There was suddenly a great racket as the some of the first years began to panic at this .” Stop ! “ Spourt yelled in deep stern voice that no one thought she possessed. “ That’s better .” Spourt said in her normal hearty manner .” To be completely honest , I do believe in this theory and I do believe that with enough practice anyone of pure heart can cast one however since it is very difficult and it is highly unlikely that all of you will be able to do it . You will not be graded on it however if by the end of the year you are able to cast one I will drop the lowest test grade you have .”

All of a sudden the great bells of Hogwarts chimed and like that class was over . “ Before you leave , I would just like to say very good first class and that on Wendsday we will be learning about Boggarts !” The class filed out as she made this announcement , and a few who were a little to quick to get to lunch would be in for a very unpleasant surprise that Wendsday . “What now ?” Asked Jonnhy.” Lunch “. Bart said excitedly but before he could take a step in the direction of the great hall David grabbed him gently by the shoulders . “No siree bobtail, Bart . I believe you have some apologizing to be getting to “. Bart looked to Jonnhy who smiled and pointed to David’s wand that was tucked in his robes like a pistol . “ Man , you better do as the yank says he almost blasted my head off the first time I met him i’d hate to see what he do when angered, don’t worry i’ll save you a spot .” On David’s face was a look of confusion but before he could ask what was on his mind Jonnhy was half way down the hall towards lunch .

3rd year Potions has gone as uneventful as one might have thought . It was a Ravenclaw and Hufflepuffs class so it was tame especially when compared to the first potions class of the day . Sarah lead Avery by the arm skipping like a woman possessed. “ Come on Goodmore it’s turkey sandwiches my favorite ! “ Sarah was in such a hurry to get where she was going that she didn’t notice Jonnhy. Whom she practically ran over or the fact that the momentum of the crash had sent Avery falling down in the opposite direction . “ Oppyies , Avery I think I killed a first year — you alright little man ?” Jonnhy slowly got up brushing himself off .” Never better “. From the corner of Sarah’s eye she noticed the letters “OE “. etched into the little first years hand the same letters she had seen cruerly branded onto the front of Happy .

Sarah was about to say something but the moment he gaze landed on the letters was the moment Jonnhy got his things together and bolted , mingling seemly with a group of 2nd year Slytherin . “Odd little thing , must be scared of big kids come along Goodmore “. She dragged Avery like she was a over grown kindergartener and he the giant teddy bear all the way to the Hufflepuff table .

David lead Bart to where Avery , his friend and the Redheaded girl who she introduced herself to Avery as Alice . They were standing around right outside of Spourts door . As they approached the group Bart said.” Are Ravenclaws always mulling around the teacher ?” Bart felt a prodding in his back as David pressed his wand to him “ Play nice Bart , or we’ll see how good I am at turning a boy into a tea pot “. David and Bart moved towards the group slightly “ Excuse me Alice , I believe Bart has something to tell you , don’t you Bart ?” .

Bart tried to sound as convincing as possible.” I’m sorry I was terribly rude it won’t happen again .” Arley looked slightly amused at what was going on Bart kept his smile and felt relief as David took the wand away from his back and thursts it back into his robes . Alice smiled and spoke her voice having the a dream like sort sound to it . “ It’s fine Bartolmew thank you for apologizing.”

“Bartholmew ?” The other Ravenclaw asked . Bart gave him a look that would have killed a Troll . “Shall we lunch ?” David said .” Of course .” Alice said plainly .” What eles would we do ?”

Avery rolled his eyes. "Sarah the only reason he's 'scared' is because you almost squished him against the ground" He said with a shake of his head before pulling himself loose of her grasp "I am also very capable if walking myself to lunch. Thank you very much" He said as they walked into the Great Hall where already most of the students were gathered. He sat down at the bench, shrugging off his bag and kicking it under the table.

He looked up and smiled as he saw Carmen walk in the Great Hall with Mailyn, the Gryffindor 1st year from the train Carmen told him about. He watched as his little sister waved bye to her new friend before practically bouncing her way over to her brother. Avery laughed softly when Carmen tackled him in a hug before sitting beside him. "How were your first half of classes?" He asked curiously, watching as the wonder filled his carbon copy's green eyes.

"It was amazing!" She gushed, clapping her small hands together. "We had transfiguration first and we were transfiguring mice into match boxes and i did it right away! So then Hagrid asked me to try transfiguring a tea set back into a mother cat and her kittens and I almost did it perfectly! I didnt think I could do that!" She said quickly, a big happy grin on her face that made her eyes light up. Avery let out a small chuckle and gave Carmen a reassuring smile. "I told you even before you got your Hogwarts letter that you were going to do amazing. And yet you try to doubt my knowledge?" HE teased with a playful smirk. Carmen rolled her eyes and nudged him.

"Oh you be quiet you Creature lover" She giggled. "which reminds me, How was Care of Magical Creatures?" She asked with a tilt of her head. "It was amazing! We learnt about Hippogriffs today, they are such fascinating Creatures, very gentle when you know how to handle them" he stated, staring off into space as he grabbed himself a couple halves of sandwiches. Carmen smiled. She loved how invested in the subject Avery was. Honestly it was her favourite listening to him ramble on and on about things about the creatures he learnt about that werent even in Fantastic Beasts. It made her happy knowing something else besides his family and friends made him so Happy.

"When can I meet your little friend? You told me, mummy and daddy so much about him yet I dont even know him yet." She said with a playful pout. He chuckled and ruffled her light brown head of hair before shoving some of his sandwich into his mouth. "How about I take you before Dinner. Just you. It'll be fun. I swear he's the sweetest little thing ever" He said sincerely.

"Yay!" The young hufflepuff exclaimed before also indulging in a few turkey sandwiches

Bart , David and the trio of Ravenclaws walked back to the great hall . They were chatting David telling Alice of life in America and Bart trying to keep from strangling Arley and his friend Victor who every now and again would look at Bart with a mocking little smiles . “ I hate Ravenclaw !” Bart said when he finally sat down with Jonnhy .” They have there parchment scrolls so far up there ass that they shit ink “.

Jonnhy rolled his eyes at Bart’s vulgarity but said nothing ; being at Hogwarts had been a welcomed change to his diet and he devoured the small turkey sandwiches by the threes and fours . David sat down putting his plate beside Bart .”Don’t start that up Bart , you called me and the girl out in front of the whole class “. Bart scowled back at David “We’ll you held me at wand point and made me apologize to those pompous egg heads . Are you colorblind David ?” At this Bart grabed a hold of his and David’s robe shelves holding them up .” You see David , this ones green and this one is green . It means we’re both in Slytherin it means we’re supposed to have each other’s back “.

David looked at Bart a little sheepishly before saying .” Just because we in the same house don’t mean that I have to let you poke fun at me and walk all over me “. “We’ll yeah what do you call sticking a wand at someone’s back and forcing them to make an apology and afterwards making kissy face with a girl who’s friends are laughing at you ? “ I ain’t making kissy faces with anyone “. David said turning bright red . Bart smiled venomously

While this was going on between the two boys Jonnhy sat across to them loudly enjoying his meal oblivious to what was going on , however what Bart said caught the whole of the Great Halls attention a no easy feat considering it was packed with talkative kids just back from there first two Hogwarts classes . “ You were making kissy face with her and you know it and that’s fine because it’s suits both of you a Mudblood and a Mudblood !”

The entire Great Hall heard all four tables and the head table where all the teachers sat ... “ What did you call me ?” David asked slightly confused “ A Mudblood a filthy magic stealing Mudblood you to Jonnhy both of you filthy bloody mudbloods !” With that Bart stormed off to sit at an unoccupied part of the Slytherin table . “Shit “. Jonnhy said as he nearly choked on a bit of turkey .” What is it ?” Asked David as he looked over to where Bart was sitting , apparently the headmistress was letting him have the older green clad witch had gotten out of her seat and was quietly and harshly berating him . Bart’s face looked quite pale as he listend to McGonagall’s scolding .

“ What is it ?” David asked still confused “ mudblood “. Jonnhy said quietly with a sudden motion Jonhny had grabbed David by the shoulders pulling him in closer . “ That little toad has just signed our death warrants “. “ Wait what do you mean ?” But then it clicked and David went even paler then Bart and by the looks of things he could haven been Peeves twin . “ it don’t matter .” David said hastily pulling away from Jonnhy and sitting back down . “ It was all a bustling when he first said it but now it’s all quite like , no one over here cares if we’re muggle born or not “. David said the last bit nervously like he was trying to assure himself .

“ David , were in the House where a kid got in trouble today for almost killing another student over the fact that she wasn’t born into magic !” David looked around at the other Slyrherins most everybody was busy eating paying them no mind . However there were two older boys who stared at them as if they were fresh meat ...

Suzzie was late for lunch . She had stayed after talking to Professor Longbottom taking about her favorite subject so far , Herbology. As she sat down she heard Avery telling Carmen about his little friend . “ Who is it ?” Suzzie asked as she grabbed a trey and sat down next to Sarah .

The older of The Dennis gave a ruthful smile to the younger . “ Suzzie i’m surprised at you ! I’ve told you about my baby boy and your nephew “. Juice came out of Suzzies nose as a result of this Avery and Carmen gave Sarah a look . “ Come on you two , i’m just kidding Suzzie i’m talking about Twicky , you know Twick the Bowtruckle?” A look that was a mix of relief and amusement crossed Suzzie’s face .

“ Don’t scare me like that Sarah ! “ Suzzie said laughing “I thought that you and Avery well ... “ She glanced up at Carmen who was smiling and Avery who was going bright red when all of a sudden a loud comotion came from the Slytherin table . “Mudblood !” Suzzie knee that voice it was the voice of Bart Teach and as she sat up to look at what was going on she saw that apparently he was saying it to the two boys he had been hanging out with earlier .

“ What’s going on ?” Suzzie asked she was scared . Yesterday on the train she had seen one of the boys Jonnhy. He came to school with old ratty clothes and had a problem with people touching him , and earlier today she saw the letters OE seared into his hand . It was obvious to her that Jonnhy was being abused and horibily . The last thing that needed to happen to him was to be called that name . She had debated on to tell anyone but she had thought it best to try and get the boy to admit it himself otherwise he may try and hide it for whatever reason he tried to hide it now .

“ Hasn’t Professor Longbottom taught you anything ? He’s using his Herbology words whenever you feel stressed or scared swearing is a healthy way to let it out .” Sarah laughed at her own joke but Suzzie just frowned . “How was Herbology Suzzie “ . Sarah asked “ Good , and Care for Magical Creatures ?”

Sarah smiled . “ It was wonderful. We got to meet this awesome Hippogrifth named Happy and also I proved that Twick likes me the best “.

Avery rolled his eyes at Sarah "For the last time Sarah. Twick is not your baby boy. You only became interested in him because I became fond of him and Twick started to connect with me. He only tolerates you because you try to over feed him. Get your facts correct" The Hufflepuff stated, stuffing another piece of turkey sandwich into his mouth, flipping through a small note book he had. It had all his notes about every Creature he learnt about. No, It wasnt Fantastic Beasts. It was his own book, with drawings he drew, random notes he took while listening in class and anything he was able to get his hands on. It was full, He started it as soon as he had had his first Care of Magical Creatures class and after that, he was hooked.

He was still in his thoughts until the word 'Mudblood' pulled him out of his thoughts, his head turning towards the Slytherin table, his eyes narrowing a bit. It made him sick that some people still thought like this. His dad used to tell Avery that he used to get detention a lot for hexing Slytherins because they thought it was fun to call Muggleborns that filthy word. And Avery and Carmens mum used to be at the tail end of those insults since she herself is a muggleborn.

Carmen just kept her head down, she didnt like hearing that word either, not that she heard it lots, but still, It was as if you said a very bad word.

However at the Gryffindor table, Mailyn had to do everything in her power not to stand up and throw a Hex towards Bart. She knew better. She bit her tongue before staring hard at the table. what a bloody hippocrite! She said silently to herself, calling his own 'friends' that terrible word. If the headmistress wasnt around, she would have for sure said something. Later, more than likely. She gave a small nod to herself before looking at the Ravenclaw table, making eye contact with Arley, giving him a reasurring smiled before finishing off her sandwich.

Sarah watched as Avery flipped though the notebook that he had been writing for over three years he . “ Nasty word .” She said towards the Slytherin table . There was silence for a couple of minutes before Sarah noticed a blank page with a lot of writing on it it was tittled Obsurus.

“Avery , did you notice the letters branded into Happy today ?” Suzzie went pale as Sarah mentiond it . Sarah looked over at her sister and saw that she was very pale . She must have seen it to Sarah thought as she went on .” I’ve seen those letters before OE.” “ I saw those letters on one my friends hands !” Suzzie blurted out. Suzzie looked on the verge of tears as she said this and Sarah rubbed Suzzies back.

David and Johnny finished lunch in silence. When they finished there was still thirty minutes left on there break . “ What now ?” David said , carelessly balanceing his wand on his pointer finger . “ I’m heading down to the common room before we left this morning I saw a book that looked interesting “. Jonnhy stood up and walked by David who almost dropped his wand .

“ I bet you had a good time at Olvander’s “. Johnny said rolling his eyes.” You coming ?” David who had to fall down face first in order not to drop his wand said with his face pressed to the flour .”Sure , there are chess boards in the common room might try and play a qucik game with someone . “

The two boys were walking down to the Slytherin dungeon , they were quite alone intill Peves floated by lazily with a live hen “ Peeves is it ?” Jonnhy asked . “ What’s it to ya wankers ?” Peves asked . “ What are you doing with that He ?” David asked . “ Professor Flitwick is going to get a present on that little bald head of his . ” Peeves said grinning devilishly . “ You ain’t going to let that chicken take a poo on his head ?” David asked he did not know Professor Flitwick personally but from what the Ravenclaws had said about him he seemed an honest man .

“No but thanks for the suggestion. No I was just going to let Bertha here lay a couple of eggs on the old geaser but ... “

“PEVEVES !” Came a loud voice from down one of the corridors it was the Bloody Baron , and he was coming on fast . Without even stopping to get anyone’s conk Pevses leisurely float turned into hurried flying as he scampered away to avoid his ghostly nemesis. The Bloody Baron stopped mid chase when he saw the two boys .” Hello children !” The Barron said blood osing from his chest and neck . Jonnhy looked rather green only managed a small wave but David smiled back and bowed .” Good afternoon Baron “. The Baron respond with a curt little bow of his own . “ I’m sorry about what happend up there at lunch today , horrible ugly word . Anyway what brings you two down here ?”

“ There’s a book I want to check out before class “. Said Johnny .” I’m bored and want to play chess “. Said David . The Baron smiled .” Best of luck to you both , but be careful Bruce Magnus is being kept there intill his expulsion hearing and his toadies Simeon Heap and Basil Kemp are there to keep him company. The two boys gulped but said nothing they didn’t want to look scared .

“Dose anyone ... know ?” David asked nervously. ” Most of the school knows “. The Bloody Baron said blankly .” But few care he was about to say more but just then Peves poped his head from out of a wall and threw an egg right in the Barons face . “ Come back here you miscreant !” The Baron said and the chase was renewed .

The two boys were left standing there . “ What now ?” David asked . “ We keep going, like the Baron says no one except for a psycho and his there’s friends care if we’re mudblo... I mean muggleborn “. Jonnhy tried to smile but David looked down . “ Bart cares “. Jonnhy sighed .” Bart doesn’t care either he got pissed . Damn it David you wave your wand around as if it’s a toy “. David nooded “I was a jack ass “. “Well he was to , when we see Bart you two need to make out and say your sorry .” David perked up and chuckled at this . “Come on “. Jonnhy said “ only fifteen minutes left before potions .”

The Slytherin common room was bustling with activity many of the older students had a heavier load with extra classes , apparition test , NEWTS , OWLS and a wide variety of other things that 4th though 7th years have to worry about . No one paid any mind to the two first years . They spilt up David going towards the chess boards where groups of kids were trying to de stress with a game of wizard chess and Jonnhy went over to a quite reading nook set against a window where currently the giant squid was attached.

The book that Jonnhy was reading was a private book exclusive to the Slytherin common room . “ Spells of Power , spells guaranteed to make your foes quiver in their shoes updated by notable members of Slytherin every fifteen years “. Jonnhy had been a victim of abuse for the last elven years , he was sick of it and if his father ever even laid a hand on him or his sister he would be truely sorry . The book being one of Slytherin origins had a great deal of nasty spells . Sectumsempra. Jonnhy read “ This spell was created by Severus Snape and causes the cursed to bleed from never closing wounds . As he was reading this he heard a rather gruff and unpleasant voice .

“Hey mudblood , move out from my place “. The owner of the voice was six foot even and deep chested his head was shaven and he had piercing yellow eyes . Jonnhy knew by just looking at him that this must be the infamous Bruce Magnus. Jonnhy said nothing and moved not an inch . This was the new Jonnhy and no one was going to scare him . Magnus got up close , close enough for Jonnhy to smell the rotten stinking breath and he wasn’t alone he was flanked by a lanky pale kid with a hooked nose and a boy so short he might have passed for a first year if not for the warts and ance scares .

“ Looks like the mudblood’s deft , Bruce .” The short kid said .”Whats wrong kid muggles parents can’t fix your earing ?” Jonnhy smiled and let out a harsh little laugh . “ What’s wrong short stuff can you be so ugly that magic can’t help you ?” The three boys got closer and Jonnhy thought that this was the end no doubt these kids had studied the same book he had been reading and knew a lot of evil magic . They were going to kill him they didn’t care about going to jail as long as they got to fuck up a little mudblood boy who was sorted into Slytherin .

“ Dentetion !” Came the voice of the hocked nose boy as he handed Jonnhy a slip of paper. Jonnhy looked closer at the boys shirt where a green shield pen with the word “prefect”, on it . For a moment there was bitterness that his lanky beanpole could have any authority over him , but then relief at the realization that he was not going to be destroyed. “For insubordination “ . The Hooknose kid said with a happy snarle

“Jonnhy , we best be getting a move on boy we don’t want to be late for potions “. Jonnhy looked up to see David wand tucked into his belt like a sword and his green and sliver tie tied around his head like a bandana . “Dention “. The hooked nose boy says handing another slip to David .” Being out of uniform “. David looked indignant but Jonnhy tugged David by the arm .” Let’s go David there not worth our trouble.” Jonnhy felt that they had both gotten lucky and that being in such a crowed space had saved them both a beating . With a gentle tug Jonnhy lead David out of the common room .

“We could have taken them .” David said as they made the short journey to the potions lab .” Fat chance of that “. Jonnhy said .” How was your chess game ?” “Don’t you mean games ?” David said laughing .” I played five won four you’ve haven’t lived intill you’ve seen a game of Wizarding chess it’s like seeing a medieval battle in a movie but only better . The pieces actually attack and they talk . Too much in my humble opinion the only game I lost is because my pawn convinced me not to sacrifice him ! That rascal “. The two boys continued to talk about their common room adventure intill they came upon the potions lab .

Transfiguration with the Hufflepuffs was a blended class . Hufflepuffs and Slytherins sat together and talked Defense Against the Dark Arts was a little colder but there was no hatred. The houses were cold but by the end they were friendly . Potions with Gryffindor was like a war zone . On one side sat a sea of green and sliver and on the other a field of red and gold . David and Jonnhy sat together in the second row toward the front of the class Bart was up front by his lonesome. His face buried in his potions book . “Bart.” David whisperd proding Bart gently in the back with his wand . Bart turned around his eyes puffy and red as if he had been crying . “ What do you want because of you I have to clean toilets for a month.” Bart chocked out . “ Well because of you we got Bruce Magnus riding ours he gave us detention to .” Before they could finish the argument the form of Professor Albus Potter swept into the room .

Avery nodded slowly, looking up from his journal. "I saw it... I just dont know what it stands for... im sure its nothing good unfortunately..." he said before looking at his sister who also looked rather upset. He used this as a moment to change the subject. He nudged his book towards Carmen, flipping it towards a drawing of a bowtruckle, Twick to be exact. "Look, before dinner, you'll finally get to see a real Bowtruckle besides just a drawing." he said with a cheeky grin, earning a giggle from his younger sister.

"How about a Niffler?" She asked almost excitedly, resulting him Avery chuckling softly.

"Nifflers and Bowtruckles are two completely different creatures, Carmen.. So probably not" He said, earning a pout from the young girl.

Thankfully Lunch continued a bit more smoothly before Carmen spotted Mailyn Weale get up from the Gryffindor table and she shot up and bounced over to the Raven haired girl. Arley Owens ended up catching up with the two girls as they left the Great Hall. Mailyn still looked bitter from what Bart said. "Are... Are you alright, Mailyn?" Arley asked, him a little more out of the loop than the two half blood witches standing around him.

The Gryffindor sighed and shook her head. "I just didnt think people still thought that way... Mudblood... what a filthy word." She mumbled, earning a small nod of agreement from Carmen. Arley tilted his head a bit.

"I think I need some clarification... I get it is an insult... But what does it mean?" He asked. Mailyn sighed

"It means dirty blood. Some people dont think Muggleborns are real witches or wizards. Unforunately some people still believe in being pureblood. No muggle relation what so ever. some Purebloods were disowned for marrying anyone less than pure. It was rather sickening. Thats one of the reasons for the war 30 years ago... Muggleborns were either being thrown into Azkaban or murdered for being well... 'being a muggle who stole magic' she said in quotations. "Its quite rubbish actually. Because none of that is true. You are as much of a wizard as me and Carmen." Mailyn said matter of factly.

"Not many people still believe in the sacredness of blood lines. If they did, not any of us would be left... But sometimes people cant let go of the past." Carmen spoke up. Arley shook his head

"Bloody Hell... That is hard to believe.... But it makes sense...." He said with a shake of his head. "Is that why some of the Slytherins give me dirty looks?" He asked.

"Unfortunately yes... But dont worry, You've got us two who dont care about that stuff." She said with a smile, earning a grin from Carmen who nodded happily. Arley Smiled. "Well good. Because I would be rather lonely" He teased.

Mailyn laughed "Come on, we should be getting to classes now, we wasted enough time talking and I still barely know where my classes are." The Gryffindor said before the trio waved and split up. Mailyn made her way down the dungeons, ignoring most of the Slytherins as she entered the dark room, though she sent David and Jonnhy a small smile before going to an empty seat on the 'Gryffindor' side of the class, pulling her things out of her bag, patiently waiting for Professor Potter to enter the class room.

There had been many potions professors at Hogwarts , all had left there own spin on the postion . If Professor Severe Snape was a bat then Professor Albus Potter was a vampire . He wore cloaks of black that was enlaied with green silk which matched his bright green eyes .

In many ways he was still a boy he had no beard and his eyes had a particular gleam in them like he was just thinking of a very funny prank . He swooped I’m from the potions storeroom in the back making a path from the front of the room to the back examine his new students as if they were cattle .

“ Alright how many of you Gryffindors are mudbloods ?” Before Potter had said it there was a slight murmur in the class room , now however you could have heard a quill drop . No one answered then Professor Potter let out an audible sigh . “ I already know who you are I have files on all you ; I just want to say something “. He said this and the next thing with a sort of relish very much like he was a fine wine connoisseur.” Look If you filthy little mudbloods don’t want to do as you were told I can make Gryffindors term here very difficult 200 point deductions for everyone here for insubordination, I can make it so none of you filthy little lion clubs will so much as set foot on a Quidditch Pitch , I can make you all write a 300 scroll essay using black quills do you know what that is it’s a special type of quill that carves the words you write into your hand !”

In the row of desks behind David and Johnny a Gryffindor boy who was sitting next to Mailyn burst out into tears . At once a sickly sweet smile appeared on Albus’s face he moved to where the boy was sitting and whispered in his ear .” Is the lion cub afraid ?” The boy continued to cry into his elbow , slamming his fist onto the table .” Are you deaf boy ? I asked if one of Godric’s cubs is scared of a black quill !” He yelled this so everyone could hear “So much for Gryffindor bravery “. Potter said .”Those of you in my house take note , Gryffindor is not a house of Lions it is a house of pussy cats, meow .” A couple of Slytheirns Bart among them laughed nervously at Albus’s cat impersonation obviously uncomfortable at the situation. .” This boy is named Samson Penn his father is a muggle dock worker and his mother a muggle school marm and he is a no good mudblood Magic sneak thief. How can a boy with peasant muggle parents like you be in a house of knights ?”Samson Penn was in tears bawling at the humiliation of it all .

Mailyn had murder in her eyes and so did another child , a Slytherin boy . Since the potion master had made his entrance, he had held the gaze of one Jonnhy Edwards . As soon as Professor Potter had begun to bully Samson Penn Jonnhy’s blue eyes were full of anger . Jonnhy knew the feeling of being bullied by an adult who held Godlike power and so far today Professor Albus Potter was Jonnhy’s least favorite Professors . “ What’s wrong boy ?” Albus said , at first Jonnhy thought Potter was talking to Samson but no , the potions master was speaking to Jonnhy. For a solid moment Jonnhy said nothing.

“Speak up !” Potter said . “ Your in Slytherin your supposed to have a sharp toung .” It’s not right no one should talk to anyone like that “. Jonnhy murmured. Potter looked as if Jonnhy had worms crawling out of his ears . “ Say What now boy ? I shouldn’t do what “.

Jonnhy was hot now , firmly and forcefully Jonnhy said .” No human being should ever talk to another human being like that . Sir !” Porter looked at Jonnhy and smiled .” That’s better ; well if you don’t like the way I treated the little pussy cat mudblood then you can hit me “.

“What ?...” Jonnhy said meaky . “ Are you deaft boy hit me !” Potter said ,” hit me and I will never make fun of anyone little Gryffindor pussycat ever again so go on hit me !”. Jonnhy sat there frozen not moving an inch he would very much like to hit this man very much , but striking a teacher would get him expelled and then he would be back under the thumb of his father . “ I knew it .” Potter said . “ No guts , just another stupid boy “. “Stupid boy “. Jonnhy thought , “Stupid boy just like father used to say . “

Potter’s face was hovering inches away from Jonnhy a few inches too close . Something in Jonnhy snapped a fuse blew and Professor Albus Potter recessived a hard punch in the nose and a kick to the groin , and another punch and another . Albus Potter was sprawled out in the middle of the potions class room with Jonnhy on top of him beating the living day lights out of him . For a good minute and a half Jonnhy punched , scratched and even bit no one moved no one knew what to do . After what seamed like an eternity David came over and dragged a half worn out Jonnhy off The maimed Potions Master . “ Jonnhy, have you lost your mind ?” David hissed he was about to take Jonnhy out into the hall to find Hagrid or Spourt or even Peves who could do something about the horrible situation that they were in but before the two boys could leave the room , Professor Albus Potter began to laugh....

“ Good form , Mr Edwards. Very good form indeed “. Albus got up one of his eyes was swollen shut and blood was leaking from several wounds from his face ; he made his way back to the front of the class with a limp .” Mr Edwards and Mr Lloyd will you be so kind as to take your seats “. The voice that came out of Potter was a completely different tone more akin to Lupin than Snape . Both boys went back to there seats .” Am I being exspelled “. Jonnhy asked David .” Beats me “. David said silently .” More like beats him “. Bart said in front of them quietly .

“Mr Penne”. Potter said .” What House was the boy who defended you from my verbal abuse “. Although the boy could barely speak though his tears he was able to get out “Slytherin”. “ Correct, Mr. Edwards what house is Mr Penne in ?” “Gryffindor”. Jonnhy said dumbly he was in shock and still afraid he’d be on the train back home by nightfall . “ Now how is it that two houses that are bitter rivals can come to each other’s defense as stick up for each other ?” There was silence for a good minute and then Potter spoke .” Look the point is that even though Gryffindor and Slytherin are bitter rivals doesn’t mean people from these houses can’t treat each other like human beings “. David raised his hand .” Professor Potter , this is all well but sir what are exact lesson plans for today ?”

Albus Potter smiled ruefully .” Mr Lloyd i’m glad you asked today class we will be learning a basic healing potion that is just the thing for what Mr Edwards did to me “. There a bit of laughter at this . “ Now everyone please turn to page 37 and we will begin o and Mr . Penne will you come here please “. Sampson Penne walked slowly to the front of the class still terrified of the potions master . “For your troubles and being a good sport “. Albus gave Sampson a bag heavy with coins . “ A hundred gallons. Again i’m sorry what I said didn’t mean a word of it “. Sampson looked at the bag heavy with gold .” Thank you sir he said the poor boy would have to have some help carrying the bag back to the Gryffindor tower it was so happy , and so everyone turned their potions to Page 37 “Potion of minor healing “.

Mailyn Weale was rather excited for potions. She was rather interested to see how a Potter would teach potions. Mailyn knew that Albus was the only one in the Potter Family that was in Slytherin, but that didnt mean she disliked him, she was rather curious to see how his classes went. She wasnt sure what class would be her favourite, unsure how well she would do in all her classes. However when Albus Potter made his way into the class and started throwing all those insults towards her house and calling one of her house mates, one of his OWN students, a mudblood, She already decided that potions and Albus Potter was her least favourite. It shocked her really. His dad saved the whole wizarding world from a terrible man who hated Muggles and Muggleborns a like. And now here Albus was, throwing the same insults around.

everything was a blur to her really. When Jonnhy started attacking Professor Potter, it shocked her, but she was too busy trying to calm down Sampson from the humiliation from SLytherins head of house "Just ignore him... It's not true" She tried telling him quietly.

The Gryffindors eyes narrowed at the professor in shock as he went on to explain that all that humiliation towards her fellow Gryffindor was all 'an act' for a lesson. And the fact that everyone was started jumping into the potion lesson was appalling! Out of everyone, Mailyn was the only one who didnt flip her book open. She didnt care that Sampson was apologized to and that Albus explained that they needed to get along. She thought he did it in a terrible way.

"Im Sorry... Professor Potter? Before you just change the subject and jump into the lesson... but... What in the name of Merlin was that for?! You couldnt have just gone into a rant about rivalry? Instead you had to humiliate one of your own students to get a point across? What kind of rubbish is that? WHat kind of Professor are you?! You're supposed to be a 'potions master'. Im sorry but that is rather sickening... I was rather excited for this class... However im not sure how I feel anymore... And I really do not care if it was to get the message across the class... I dont care about the ruddy 'Gryffindor and SLytherin Rivalry'.... That was just silly and hurtful..." Mailyn mumbled, shaking her head, moving her glare from the very bruised up Professor to the table, her red and black clad arms crossed over her chest, her cheeks almost red from anger

Albus let out an audible sigh at Mailyn’s comment . How was he to make this girl who had only a day ago enterd the Wizarding world understand . “Miss Weale , perhaps you do not absurd comprehend the scale of the house rivalry that has existed for the better half of a thousand years”. Albus staggerd our of his chair limping slightly .” Show of hands how many of your parents went to Hogwarts .”

A slew of hands went up on both sides of the room . “ Now how many of your parents were in the same house as you ?” Some hands went down but a lot of them stayed up . “ Now can anyone tell me what some things your parents said about the other house in this room. Now only theee Gryffindors and one Slytherins hands were up , not many people wanting to say what ever their parents had said . “ You young man in the back .

A Gryffindor boy with black hair stood up . “ My dad went to Hogwarts and he said that Slytherin house was full of inbreed wankers and that the only reason their house mascot is a snake is because Salazar Slytherin had a tiny penis “. Their was a huge burst at laughter at this Albus tried to keep a straight face as he called on Bart to give his account . “ My grandpa told me that only difference between a Gryffindor and an ass is that the ass works , the word ass being used in the donkey since of the word professor “.

Again more laughter Albus allowed the laughter to die down before continuing. “ How many of your parents were ever beaten up by your respective House’s rival “. Bart and the raven haired boy raised their hands . The Gryffindor boy told of the time when three Slytherin boys cornerd his father and used magic to dump the a clogged toilet on to his head . Bart told of a time when His father was the seeker for Slytherin and the Gryffindor beaters continued to steer blugers into him when he was already knocked out .

When they were done Albus said .” I have stories of Slytherin and Gryffindor rivalry that would put yours to shame , when my grandfather was a boy here he had a friend ; Remus Lupin who had lycanthropy “. A girl with pigtails in Slytherin green raised her hand . “Professor Potter . What is lycanthropy?” “ Lycanthropy is a disease that makes your transform into a werewolf “. Albus said their was some gasps from the students but Albus went on .” Anyway ; my grandfather had another friend Sirus Black , and my grandfather James , Sirus and Lupin all hated this other boy in Slytheirn.

“Severus Snape !” Said Sampson . “ Yes, Severus Snape “. Albus said .” Anyway Sirus tricks Snape into almost going to where Lupin had is full moon transformations and almost gets him killed !” Albus pauses to let it sink in and then goes on . “That’s how much Sirus hated Slytherin , he was willing to let a boy get killed to satisfy some petty war and then theirs my father “.

Again another gasp, mostly from the Gryffindor side. Some lion cubs looked a little tookin aback that some one might use The Boy who Lived’s name in vain .” When my father was here he had a rival Draco Malfoy”. A strange smile had come over Albus face who was almost certainly thinking of his good friend Scorpius. “ They competed at everything they loathed each other . In my father’s sixth year the war against Voldemort was heating up my Father thought that Draco Malfoy was a spy for Voldemort so he goes and confronts him and he curses him !”

“ Was it crucio ?” Bart asked .

“ No , the killing curse , had to be .” Anthor Slytherin boy said .

“ Netiher .” Albus said , “ he used a curse known as Sectumsempra”.

“ What dose it do ? “ . Jonnhy asked , hearing the very spell he read about made him very nervous it wasn’t like reading about horrible spells like that is forbidden right ? All the same Jonnhy felt very guilty and was looking very fidgety in his seat .

“ Sectumsempra is a curse that makes you bleed from a woud that won’t close without very powerful healing magic “. Albus rubed his cheek as he’s saying this he thinks a tooth is lose it won’t matter by the end of the period but still the kid got him good .

“ It sounds to me “. Bart said “ that the Gryffindor Slytheirn rivalry is very one sided “. “ That’s where your wrong Mr. Teach “. Albus said . “ Our House , Slytheirn house hates Gryffindor so much that during the days when Dolores Umbridge some Slytheirn allied themselves with her a lot of it was for the power but a good reason I suspect was to get as many Gryffindors in trouble as possible “.

“ Professor Potter , who’s Dolores Umbridge ?” Came the voice of a Gryffindor girl in the back . Albus couldn’t help it he let out a sigh first years ask to many questions .” That Miss Spink is a question that many teachers here could answer better than I could because they were around during her time .” Albus turned to the original question .” Part of the reason I made such a spetical of this is because the rivalry between Slytheirn and Gryffindor is a very old and very ugly feud , it has harmed a great deal of people and some people have even died from it “ .

“ Like whom ?” David asked “ Like my godfather Sirus Black .” Albus said .

“ Sirus Black dies ?” Sampson who had been reading Harry Potter’s biography and had not gotten to the Boy who Lived’s fifth year . “ Sorry Sampson it appears that I’ve upset you twice today might have to give you another 50 gallons .” Albus smiled abd walked to his desk again and was rubbing his head . He spit out the tooth that was loose and rubed his head . “ As I said please begin brewing the potion of minor healing on page 37 .”

Mailyn stared at her Professor. He didnt understand! She knew that people took the rivalry too far. but why did he need to? Why did he need to embarrass and harass one of his students just so they could understand the consiquenses. Mailyn learned to never be the one to start a fight, but if someone tried to start one with her, she bloody well be the reason it ends, even if it just means walking away from the situation. Thats what her parents taught her anyways.

She didnt end up raising her hand for any of Potters stupid questions. Yes it was obvious her parents have gone to Hogwarts and yes her parents were also both Gryffindors. But, she wasnt going to humour him. Instead she just sat at her table, arms crossed over her chest and gave him a hard look with narrowed eyes, not speaking a word.

When it was obvious that Albus was going to ignore her question, she just shook her head. "thats not what I-.... Never mind...." She just mumbled and finally pulled out her potions book and turning to the suggested page. the Gryffindor let her blue eyes scan the page as she went and grabbed the ingredients needed for the potion, not once looking at the young Professor. She refused. She would rather be stubborn and struggle with the potion than ask for his help. So thats what she did. For the entire hour of class, she sat in silence as she worked on the potion, cutting the ingredients up nicely and doing her best to measure everything out.

Did she do a good job? she wasnt sure but to her it didnt look terrible. The Ravenhaired girl didnt care though. She was just glad she was done, and when the bell rang signalling the end of class, it was like a breath of fresh air for her. Mailyn couldnt have gotten up and started packing her things up any faster. She just wanted to get the hell out of there. Mailyn hasnt even attended all her classes but so far potions was her least favourite, Potter was her least favourite. anyway.

“Hold on a moment class “. Albus said as he watched some of the first years get ready to leave . He began to wave his wand and all at once all the little cauldrons that had been purached only a couple of days ago at Diagon Ally began to move on there own power rising into the air and making there way to the front of the room . Albus waved his wand as if he was conducting an orchestra and one by one each little cauldron poured itself into the large cauldron at the front of the room that was used for demonstrations .

“ Some of you may think that my little stunt at the beginning of class was a little over the top, I would agree if it were not for what I am going to do now “. Albus pauses for a moment , allowing for the words to sink in . “ Potions is in my opinion and a great many other potions masters before me a very underrated art, in this class and the other six which hopefully all of you will take with me I will always try and demonstrate the effects various potions have “. Potter grabbed a huge wooden spoon and began to sture .” As you saw at the beginning of class today and. Mr Edwards gave me a sound pounding hold on for a moment “. With as much grace as possible Albus spat the tooth that Jonnhy had knocked lose into a cloth . “Ah yes where was I ?” “ I kicked your ass Professor.” Jonnhy said . There was a burst of laughter intill Albus raised his wand . “ Normally your behavior today Edwards would have cost you at least 100 points however considering the days events , anyway I will now demonstrate the effect of the potion of minor healing on myself “.

At least half the class was in silence at this , a first year healing potion used as a demonstration on a live subject . “ Don’t worry you all got into Hogwarts , if you were able to do that you were at least able to brew a simple potion here we go now .” With a flourish Albus got some in a crystal vile and with one motion drained it’s contens. The effects were apparent and only took a minute in a half the wounds on his face ommited a gold ore and were gone , the black eye healed before there eyes first turning from blue to green to yellow then finally to its color right before class , he straightened up his limp gone the only thing that wasn’t fixed was the tooth lying in the cloth .

There was an eruption of cheers at this , and to many of the first years in the room this was the finnenst bit of magic seen all day . “ Professor ?” Sampson asked .” What about your tooth ?” “ Oh that , Madam Pomfrey will be able to fix that right up .

“ Professor?” Jonnhy asked softly . “ Will you.. Will you tell ?” “Tell what that I fell down some stairs and broke a tooth there’s nothing to explain “. Albus smiled as if it were nothing but he did notice the brief look in Jonnhy’s eye and he could almost here the boy think, “ yeah I used that one to”. Soon the great bells of Hogwarts chimed and the end of the school day for first , second and third years . As Jonnhy and David were walking back to the Slytheirn Dungeons they heard a voice .

“ Hey guys wait up “. It was Bart .” What the Hell do you want ?” Jonnhy said as if he was talking to a rat instead of a boy .” Come on you guys I got detention for a week over what I said “. “ Yeah “. Jonnhy said ,”we got detention to ; and half the purebloods in Slytheirn want us dead “. Jonnhy turned on his heals and David stuck out his toung . Mailyn was just coming out of potions as Bart was walking towards the Great Hall . He wanted to be anywhere but the common room right now .

Mailyn didnt care about Professor Potters demonstration, so when he finally stopped his blabbing, she grabbed her bag and got out of the room as fast as she could. If he wanted to talk to her, He could go out of his way to find the Gryffindor himself, But she was done talking or even trying to talk until then. SHe just wanted to get out of there. And Seeing Bart didnt make it any better. Mailyn just decided to go back up to her common room until dinner, deciding that she would say something to the hypocrite if he ever did something stupid again.

In the mean time, Carmen was making her way back to the common room, her new Yellow and black robe swishing a bit behind her as she walked through the halls of the gigantic castle. As the young girl made her way through the door, Avery seemed to materialize from no where.

"there you are! Did you want to come see Twick with me?" Her older brother asked with a big grin on his face. Carmen smiled at him

"Right now?" She asked, tilting her head.

"Yes right now! That gives us more than enough time before dinner! Now go put your things away!" Avery said happily. Carmen giggled softly and nodded before running off to her dorm, putting her bag on her bed before changing into her pair of shoes she didnt mind getting dirty. She then ran back out to Avery who hadnt moved a muscle. Unlike Carmen who still had her robes on, Avery shed his robes, leaving himself in just his knitted vest, white shirt and yellow tie.

He took Carmens hand and quickly lead her through the castle, through different corridors shes never been. Carmens eyes were wide with wonder "This place is so big! There is no way I could possibly remember how to get around to every part of the castle!" The young girl pointed out, earning a small chuckle from her brother as he lead her out of the doors of the castle.

"Dont worry Carmen, itll get easier to naviate around with in no time. Besides, youre only in your first year, it'll get easier in a few days when you know the way to your core classes" He explained, earning a small nod from her, noticing not many others were outside.

"Avery...? Are you sure it's ok that we're doing this?" She asked, sounding worried. Avery grinned. "Yes Carmen, its fine, Hagrid gave me permission to come as long as it was only on my breaks and before curfew so we wont get in trouble. Besides its a learning experience that I doubt Hagrid or Professor Scamander would pass up for their students" He said with a big cheesy grin as he lead her down the path.

Carmen did her best to keep up with Avery as they made their way past Hagrids hut. Hagrid was working in his garden. Carmen noticed small pumpkins making an appearance in the mud.

"Hello Hagrid!" Avery said happily, since he didnt have a chance to speak to Hagrid yet. The half giant lifted his head from his work and gave the young children a cheerful smile

"Why hello there, yer lot! takin' the little one ter meet yer little friend, Avery?" His voice boomed towards them. Avery beamed and nodded "yep! also, thank you for mentioning to Professor Scamander about Twick... He's letting me take him home for the summer!" He said happily. It made him so happy that someone thought he did such a good job on something that they would entrust him with something so important. Well important to him anyways.

Hagrid looked bashful but he gave Avery a smile. "ah it was nothin' that little bowtruckle is quite attached ter yah, I couldnt wreck a bond that thick. Now enough worrying about me, git goin' before yuh lot are late for dinner" He said, giving the siblings a wave before Avery pulled Carmen down the path once again to where all the bowtruckles resided.

A happy squeak brought a smile to Averys face as he let go of Carmens hand and went to open up the little enclosure, putting his hand out and letting Twick immediately jump into his hand, climbing up his arm to his shoulder, earning a laugh from Avery as he turned to Carmen

"Carmen, this is Twick. Twicky, this is my sister Carmen." He said as the siblings sat down in the little grassy area by the enclosure.

"Hello there" Carmen cooed, holding her hand out, a friendly smile on her freckled face. Twick gave a squeak in question before gently crawling onto her hand. "Oh my goodness he's so sweet! Avery you take such good care of him" Carmen commented. Her brothers cheeks dusted pink and he waved off the compliment. "I take care of him because he deserves it. They all do. After all, creatures deserve the same respect and care as us, right?" He questioned innocently. Carmen admired her brother. He cared about everything. She understood why Newt was his favourite. Avery thought a lot like him.

She nodded, looking at the little bowtruckle in her hands as he walked around her small hand curiously. Avery smiled as he pulled out his note book and opened it up. This was Averys favourite spot. He would come out here and study all the time... well when it wasnt cold of course, otherwise he would be inside. But when exam time came at the end of term, he would always be out there with Twick keeping him company, admiring Averys notes.

The younger Hufflepuff looked over her brothers shoulder as he went through his notes, adding new things he forgot before jumping into an explanation about Twick. Carmen may have heard this information already, but she didnt mind hearing it for the hundredth time since it made Avery happy.

Sarah had talked Newt and Hagrid into letting her and Suzziy help to take care of the hippogriff by taking him out for a stroll . “ Happy needs to have as much human interaction as possible the more human contact the better “. Newt had told Sarah as he led her out to the stables where Happy lived . “Be gentle with him and keep him out of trouble “. Newt had said as Happy followed Sarah’s lead as if she was the mother duck and he her hatchling .

Sarah and Happy walked a little ways away from Newt when all of a sudden the great bells of Hogwarts tolled .” Suzzie’s last class Happy let’s go see her.” It was a very strange sight to see a 3rd year girl walking with a hippogriff in tow . Many people looked at the spedical but no one asked any questions, where she was walking only fist and second year students were around and it was lucky that the students that were either amused or scared out of their wits and did not tease or try to attack him . For if Happy became anything but his name sake then Madam Ponfrey would be very busy and Sarah would be in deep .

Suzzie was talking with a group of other first years when Sarah walked up with Happy right behind . The three puffs looked at Happy in amazement. “Oh no Sarah !” Suzzie said in alarm .” You turned Avery into a hippogriff didn’t you ? !” “ No Sis , this is Happy the hippogriff Hagrid gave him to be to look after now come on we’re going to see Avery and Twick .”

“Twick ?” One of the Hufflepuff girls asked .” He’s a bowtruckle .” Suzzie said .” He’s my sister’s and her boyfriend’s practice child .”
“And what a sweet practice child he is now come on Sarah . “ “Wait Sarah , are you allowed to be taking Happy all over the place ?” “ Hagrid and Mr Scamander said that Happy needs as much human contact as possible “. Suzzie sighed ; Sarah was playing with her hair that could mean two things either she was thinking of Avery or that she was doing something that she wasn’t supposed to be doing. By the looks of things right now Suzzie figured both .

Sarah had Suzzie get behind Happy and it now looked like mother duck Sarah had two ducklings instead of one . They walked from in front of the Great Hall around the perimeter of the castle Suzzie saw Mailyn who was looking a little sulkey as she climbed the steps out of the dungeon to turn and head towards Gryffindor tower. Suzzie smiled at her and Mailyn looked up in puzzlement but before Suzzie could see her reaction they moved on . Mama bird has a tight schedule after all.

The party moved on towards the lake where they found Avery and Carmen with Twick “ There he is “. Sarah said to Suzziy as they both watched Carmen and Avery play with Twick .” Motion Happy to come over here . Suzzie looked at Happy who was at the moment looking at a real mama bird feeding her babies . A hippogriff’s mind is a mysterious place but at the moment it was quite clear what he was thinking , he was thinking when was Sarah going to crew up some food for him and spit it in his mouth.

“ How am I supposed to know how to get him to come over ?” Suzzie hissed although Suzzie has walked with Happy all about the castle for a good twenty minutes the idea of motioning a hippogriff was still frightening to say the least . “ Sarah why can’t you just ask Avery out for a date to Hogsmeade like a regular person ?” Sarah signed , one day Suzzie would understand how to let lose a little but not today apparently. “ Happy . “ Sarah called , “ Happy come here baby “. They were behind a bush with the Care for Magical Creatures nursery on one side and the path on the other . “Happy I want you to stick your head between the bushes like this . Sarah stuck her head between the bush and Happy followed suit . Avery looked up from his notes to find the battle scared face of Happy the hippogriff looking back at him . Avery jumped back in horror still clutching his notes . Happy let out a roar of surprise and Sarah jumped out “ Good afternoon Goodmores !” Sarah said with a grin .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back