• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Return oc Umbridge

The time was 7:50 am , the date September 1st . Kings Crossing Station was bustling with all sorts of people each busy and trying to arrive at a destination. A few lucky ones were on there way to Hogwarts .

Jonhy arrived at Kings Crossing feeling quite foolish , we was pushing a cart pact with what was on the list . Caldrons , Spellbooks , Robes , Quills . A few people had looked he had looked back with a look that would have killed if looks could.

He was a lanky boy with messy blonde hair and brown eyes one was hidden by swelling that his old man had given him right before he left home .

Johnny looked at the clock 7:51. He began to worry the train leaves in nine minutes what would happen if he missed it ?He’d have no where to go he’d probably have to go home, To his Father ...

“Come on you two, pip pip. Carmen keep up with your brother you don’t want to miss the train for your first year at School” Hazel Goodmoore said, ushering her two children ahead of her while her husband pushed Carmen’s Trolley.

The young girl giggled happily as they came to the barrier. Finally she was able to go to Hogwarts and not just watch Avery go to school! “Alright Carmen. You and Avery go first, me and your dad will be right behind you” her mother instructed

“Okay mummy” Carmen said as she grabbed onto her older brothers sleeve as he adjusted his owls cage on top of his trunk. He gave her a reassuring smile before they both casually walked towards the wall and disappeared through it. She laughed happily and clapped her hands, practically bouncing, making her low pigtails bounce around slightly

Their parents came through and smiled softly before they went to take their trunks to get them stowed away. Avery went to go put his screech owl with the others while Carmen held onto her new kitten.

“We love you both so much and we will see you at Christmas. But we promise we will write to you constantly. Their father said with a smile and pulled his children into his arms “be good and Avery look out for your sister” Avery grinned “yes dad” he said before letting Hazel give them last minute hugs and kisses “oh Merlin you’re both growing up so fast. I’ll miss you both bunches. Now go, to the train before it leaves”

Johnny looked up at the happy family he felt his stomach tighten, he felt awkward looking at this scene . “ So this must be what a normal family is like ...” As he was pondering his own family life he almost failed to notice what had occurrd .

“First year at Hogwarts “. Came the voice of the Father . “It’s quite alright dear “. The Mother said “Straight though the wall if your nervous just close your eyes and run as fast as you can “.

“Straight though the wall ?” Johnny thought all of his life adults had given him advice and nowhere down the line have they lead anywhere good . Still he had thought he had seen the boy and his sister pass though the wall as if it was a curtain he would have to try something the time was 7:57 .

Johnny took a deep breath shut his eyes tight , and charged though the barrier and what he saw took his breath away . It was a old beautiful locomotive painted red and gold all about him kids were rushing to get on last mintute . As Johnny got onto one of the cars he had to duck his head as someone’s pet pixie flew by . “This is incredible !” He thought aloud as he looked into the different cabins in one two kids were jixiing each other so there faces would turn different colors in another a boy and a girl were reading a book that appeared to be growling at them .

As Johnny was pondering where to sit the train began to move under his feet . He stumbled into a tangled mess of blonde curly hair .

“Excuse me “. Came a voice it sounded like it was someone of his age but something was different about the voice it didn’t sound it was of the British isles it sounded American.

“Sorry”. Johnny said stepping back he examined the stranger who had just bumped into him he was a boy short and stocky with blue eyes and blonde hair .

“Ain’t it something having a train this old functioning now a days “ .

“Yeah “. Jonhnny said the other boy extended his hand “David , David Lloyd . I’m from South Carolina Charleston , born and bread and who do I have the pleasure of meeting with “.

Johnny extended his hand aqwarldly and David gave it a firm hand shake that just about crushed Jonhny’s hand . “Jonh ... No I mean Johnny Edwards “. He said grunting

“Excuse me “. David said again in his long drawn accent “ My Mother always said I had a grip like a vice , say that’s quite a shiner you have there “. David gestured with his wand .

Johnny swatted the wand down in panic “ Are you mad ! Don’t point your wand like that you don’t know how to use that thing “.

David looked at what he was doing “ Sorry, The boy said “I ain’t used to having a wand , should we find somewhere to sit ?”

“What ?” Johnny said he was a little taken aback by his question they had just bumped into each other and now this American boy who had pointed a wooden death stick at him was wanting to find a seat together .

“Sure” . Johnny said dumbly he didn’t know what to say but sure he was all alone on a magical train with not a friend in the world and this boy was offering friendship .

David lead the way , he seemed to know where he was going at least when they got to the compartment David peaked his head into the window there was a boy and a girl “ Sorry “. David said “ I thought this compartment was empty “.

Carmen felt her heart drop when she climbed onto the train and realized she wouldnt be seeing her parents till Christmas. She gave her parents one last wave and tried to ignore seeing her mother weep against her husbands shoulder.

"Alright You go find a compartment, The trip is long." Avery said, patting Carmen's head.

"You aren't sitting with me?" She asked, frowning. He was going to make her sit alone?

"well... no. I'm sorry Carmen but I do have my own friends. Plus this will help you make friends. You'll br fine" He said, giving her a charming grin. "See you later" He said before turning and heading off to go find his friends. Carmen gave a small huff, holding onto her kitten protectively.

"Would you like to find a compartment with me?" Came a voice from behind her and Carmen turned quickly, looking up into the blue eyes of a Raven haired first year girl who smiled. Carmen smiled back and nodded "sure!" SHe said with a small giggle as Carmen followed the girl who poked her her head into a compartment that seemed to be occupied by a small boy who seemed to be only a first year too.

"excuse me... May we sit with you?" Mailyn asked the boy who seemed to be reading a Muggle story. Carmen recognized the title. Mailyn had no clue what it was. He blinked his Brown eyes behind a head of ruffled brown hair. He gave a small smile and nodded "be my guest."

The ravenhaired girl gave a grin and walked in "IM Mailyn. Mailyn Weale. And this is...." She trailed off, looking at Carmen who quietly walked in after her and gave a sweet smile.

"Im Carmen Goodmoore. Whats your name?" SHe asked the boy.

"Arley Owens... Nice to meet you both" he said and they grinned at one another, already silently sealing what was meant to be a long lasting friendship.

Carmen watched as the train started off on its way towards Hogwarts. A small smile played on her lips as she stroked her kitten, Juniper who purred happily in her lap. She was pulled out of her thoughts when a boy with a rather different accent spoke and she glanced over at the two boys standing in the doorway of the compartment.

Mailyn shook her head "its fine... there is still room." She said, pushing a piece of hair out of her face and moved closer to Carmen so they had room to sit down. Arley barely glanced up from his book. He was reading How to Kill a Mockingbird

“Shoot all the Bluejays you want , but remember it’s a sin to kill a mockingbird “. David said Alery looked up from his book startled that was the exact page and the exact quote he was about to read .

David now moved next to Alery and begins to quote Atticus Finch.

“Before I can live with other folks I’ve got to live with myself “.

“ You can never really understand a person intill you climb into it and walk around “.

“ The one thing that doesn’t abide by the majority rule is a mans conscience “.

Each quote he says with the air of a Shakespeare actor and his accent makes it sound as if he was the miniature version of Finch himself . Everyone in the compartment stands transfixed as David dose a little bow

“To Kill a Mockingbird “ . David says seizing the book and flipping though it “Miss Harper Lee I wonder if the the woman her self was a witch like us for she has a way of putting us all under a spell with words “.

David tosses the book back to Arley . “David Quincy Lloyd , and this is my associate Jonhny’ Edwards “.

Before anyone else can speak a old woman’s voice called out from outside the corridor “ Anything from the trolly dears ?”

Arley starred at the boy in front of him, already annoyed that his reading was rather rudely interrupted. The boy may have liked books as much as him but Arley had a strange suspicion that he probably wasnt going to get along with this David boy very much. He however wasnt going to say anything and he just kept his mouth shut.

Out of everyone in the compartment, it seemed Mailyn was the only one who was confused about the book Arley was reading as she has never heard of such a silly title. Its what happens when your father is a pureblood and your mother is a half blood, not a lot of muggles in the family to really merit learning about them. Carmen on the other hand knew a fair bit since her mother was a muggle born and her father is a half blood. So she knows her way around muggle books.

Carmen blinked back into reality, pushing one of her pigtails behind her shoulder and was grateful when the trolly came. She smiled and she pulled some gold from her pocket "Ill take a pumpkin pasty please" she said politely with a sweet grin

The old woman began to get one of the pasties from out of the tray .“Anything for you dears ? “ The old woman asked the other children.

Johnny looked down at the flour he had no money to speak of , Hogwarts had a bit of money set aside for school but that had all been used on buying his school supplies .

As the others began to go though their pockets to get money out , Johnny felt his his checks becoming warm . Just as he was about to cover his face in shame a he heard two voices a boy and a girl laughing .

Two figures came bareling down the hall , both around The aforementioned company in the compartments age one was a boy tall for his age with long black hair reaching down to his shoulders. The other a girl with halo blonde hair . Both wore Wizarding robes and as they entered the compartment the vague smell of gunpowder could be smelled .

“Well it serves them right .” The boy said “trying to get off the train like that who do they think they are ? What just because their six years dose that mean they can just do whatever they want ?”

The Trolly witch’s mouth visibly tightend as she handed the pumpkin pasty to Carmen .

“Anything else from the trolly dears ?” The old witch said dumbly the girl with halo blonde hair looked around the cabin and then said brightly “The max amount your allowed to give, to everyone here “.

The Trolly witch bestowed a bounty upon the the company . Chocolate Frogs , Trinkle Tarts , Pumpkin Pasties and a vast variety of of other treats including a frothy mugs of hot cocoa topped with whipped cream and a large beaker if pumpkin juice .

Johnny watched as the Trolly Witch as she left when she arrived she almost bounced into the cabin but as she left the Trolly Witch seamed to stalk away like some determined fien on a mission he’d had a bad felling about the two kids who were trying to jump train .

David extended his hand to the girl “Thank you miss , it was a mighty fine thing for you to do for us buying us all of this “.

The girl scoffed as she took his his hand “ Oh please it’s not Miss , It’s Suzziy , Suizxy Dennis and you are ?”

“David Quincy Lloyd “. The boy said and this here is .

“Johnny, my name is Jonhy “. Johnny said as he sat down and inhaled a pumpkin pastry “Thanks for the food “.

The tall boy with black hair spoke “ What happend to your eye ?” Jonnhy almost chocked on a chocolate frog as it hopped into his mouth .

“Bartholomew !” Suzziy said. “Bartholmew?” David said “It’s Bart “. The boy said “And it’s a valid question .

“I fell “. Johnny said automatically “Ran into the wrong brick wall back at Kings “. Everyone had a good laugh at this . As everyone was eating Suzziy spoke “ Do you want me to fix that for you ? “

“What ?” Jonhy said without a word Suzziy stood up and walked over to Johnny she said some words that he didn’t understand and slowly his black eye began to return to a normal looking color “ My mother and sister are healers , I want to be one too .”

Carmen mainly stayed quiet for the whole ordeal. She politely thanked the lady with the Trolly and she quietly ate her pumpkin pasty. She found it nice that the girl bought all that for everyone but Carmen wasn’t going to take from someone else. That’s just who she was.

Carmen’s eyes lit up “my mums a healer too! She works at St. Mungo’s ” She said with a grin on her face, her slight freckles scrunching together.

“I’m sorry but why does it smell like gun powder?” Mailyn asked, trying not to wrinkle her nose in slight disgust. Arley peaked out from overtop of his book at the Raven haired girl and raised an eyebrow. She clearly was one to speak her mind without a care in the world.

This was going to be an interesting train ride

Suzzie smiled at the mention of St Mungos . “My Mom works there too !” She practically squeaked in admiration at her mother’s job .

“ It’s been horrible lately though Dementor attacks are on the rise very few actually have there souls sucked out but the physiological injury though things do is just awful “ .

As Suzy praddled on about the dementor attacks Bart was explaining what he had done . He smiled a devious little smile at Marilyn “I just thought they should show a little respect for the Hogwarts Express “.

Both David and Johnny looked at Bart as if he just committed a murder which to there knowledge he just did , both not being privy to just how resilient a wizards body was .

“Relax”. Bart said nonchalantly looking at the two boys . “There fine , look I just used some mini rockets I got from triple W.” Both David and Johnny looked as if Bart had spouted donkeys ears .

“Come on you guys , Triple W . Weasleys Wizarding Whezzes ? You know the best joke shop in the world ?”

“Oh!” Johnny said, when Johnny was in Diagon Ally buying his school supplies he remembered seeing a shop in the shape of a redhead man .

David still looked puzzled. Bart drew a long sigh “You two aren’t from around here are you ?”

“Guess we ain’t “. David said though a mouth full of pumpkin pasty .

Carmen shuddered at the mention of Dementors. "my Dad mentioned the attacks... He's an Auror so he's been on duty a lot investigating the sudden attacks on innocent people... Its quite scary... the ministry and St. Mungos has been a busy place for a while..." She said softly with a small shake of her head, her pigtails moving from side to side.

Her dad had a scary job it seemed sometimes, but she knew he did it because he loved his job and that he wanted to it to keep others safe. She tried not to think about it too much and she lifted her head back up.

Mailyn just rolled her eyes as Arley Raised an eyebrow. When he made his first trip to Diagon Alley he only glanced into the joked shop so he didnt know really what it was. "I only glanced at the Shop... I've never gone in... It seems interesting however..." he Said before lowering his eyes to his book. He wasnt really a prankster or anything, didnt really find a need for joke items.

"You've never gone in before?" Mailyn asked, her eyes widening. "its been around for years!" Arley shook his head

"I'm... Muggleborn. I believe thats what you call it. I heard people say it when I went to Diagon Alley for the first time. So no. Ive never gone in before as I've never heard of it before" He said with a small shrug

Suzziy noticed the shiver of fear that went though Carmen as she mentioned dementors. She felt the same way

“Dementors are turely the lowest form of life if you can call it that “.

Suzziy tried to say it with as much courage as possible but like many Wizarding children she had a very resonable fear of dementors . She tried to change the subject “ So what house do you wish to be sorted into ?” Before Carmen could answer Suzzy said “I want to be in Hufflepuff, like my sisters “.

“Muggleborn “.

Johnny asked slightly confused he had heard the word muggle before in Diagon Ally to describe pepole who didn’t have magic . Johnny thought it was almost a perfect name for them . It was an ugly but funny sounding name it fit his father to a T .

“Muggleborn “. Bart said “ It means people who are born wizards but have no magical parents “.

“So what do you call someone with a magical parent ?” Johnny asked .

“ One magical parent is a half blood , two magical parents ...” Bart pointed to himself with some pride “Pureblood, of course there really is no difference in talent or ability but there is something to be said about coming from two magical parents “.

Johnny listend to Bart explain the meaning of the terms and as he said the last comment about having two magical parents he felt a ping of pain . “What would it be like to grow up in a house with not even one but two magical parents “. Johnny let out a small sigh “It would be nice to have parents who loved me let alone knowing magic “.

As Johnny thought this ,David had been rubbing his chin in deep contemplation of his own .

“Teach , any relationship to the pirate ?”

Bart’s eyes lit up “ Nine Times great grandson ! Black Beard is my own flesh and blood after he got his head cut off he swam around the ship three times and then back to shore where he screwed it back on”.

David who had to this point displayed a cool elegance of a southern gentleman was now all wide eyed .” But his head was put on the bowsprit?” Bart smiled .

“ A magical fake head and a bit of oblivating did the trick to convince everyone he was dead”. David was drooling like every child muggle or magical pirates had always been a huge interest. “Tell me more “.

“What about how my family has a collection of 400 swords or how Blackbeard’s treasure was gambled on the creation of the Firebolt broomstick “.

As the others talked Johnny’s eyes began to drift towards the window it was getting darker and as they past over some mountains Jonhhy began to see a large Castle began to spring up . “Hey Guys is that it ?”

Carmen gave a small shrug. She wasnt really worried about what house she got "I'll be fine with any house really. I dont have a preference.My older brother, Avery is a Hufflepuff too. Mum was one also. Dad was a Gryffindor. But I'll be fine with whatever house I'm put in." Carmen said with a grin. Though she knew for sure she wouldnt get Slytherin. Not that she necessarily wanted that house, but no one needs to know that.

Mailyn narrowed her eyes a bit at Bart. "two parents who possess magic doesnt necessarily make them Pure blood. You can still be half blood with two wizard parents. Like me. My dad is a pure blood. mum is a half blood. There arent many Pure blood families left, everyone marrying other wizards or witches, not caring about blood." She stated before looking away from the dark haired boy.

Carmen, Arley and Mailyn all lifted their eyes to the window. "It is! We're almost there!" Mailyn grinned.

"its so beautiful!" Carmen said in awe before squeaking. "We arent in our robes!" She said before quickly grabbing her robes and rushing out of the compartment to run to the washroom to change, accidently brushing past Avery who was on the way to remind her to change

He blinked as Carmen ran out of the open compartment. He was already sporting his yellow and black robes. "Clearly you remembered..." He chuckled, glancing down and noticing that Carmens favourite Yellow ribbon that was always in her hair fell out. "Of course it fell out... clumsy girl" He said wit a smile, scooping it up, reminding himself to give it to her later.

Before Avery headed back to his compartment, he peaked his head into the compartment CArmen just left from. "We'll be there right away. I suggest changing you lot who isnt changed yet" he said before ducking out

Johnny unzipped the jacket he had been wearing to reveal that he had put his robes underneath his muggle clothing .

“Smart move “. David said ,now you don’t have to deal with the washroom he got up following Carmen .

Bart was the last to leave he stuck his young out at Mailyn “ Know it all “. He said walking out of the cabin .

Suzzie had apparated to Kings Cross with her family from her home so she was left in the cabin with Johnny. “ Are you okay ?” She asked reaching over and touching his arm . “Yeah”. Although when he said it Johnny moved away a little .

A look flitterd across Suzzie’s face it was a look of knowing . Hogwarts castle gleamed across the lake casting its many magical lights illuminating the dark lake .

“A lot of people say that Hogwarts is a home for the lost, at least that’s what my father says”. Jonnhy looked flushed he had asked for this girls pittty and he didn’t need any sort of charity . “Hogwarts is a place of new beginnings “. The girl said walking out of the compartment. “Come on , we don’t want to be the last off the train . My sister Sarah says that Flich the school Sqib will sick his cat on you if you strattle”. With that said Suzzie walked out and stepped of the train Johnny in tow .

“Alright , First years with me !” Came a big booming voice a rather large man with a brown fur coat stood in the middle of the train station waving a pink umbrella .

Mailyn rolled her eyes at Bart before she headed off after Carmen to go change. 'Stupid boys' she thought to herself.

Everyone changed quickly and rushed out of the train as quickly as they could. Carmen however was struggling with her tie and she almost tripped over her robes as she tried to keep up with everyone. A chuckle came from behind her and caught her before she fell.

"You're too clumsy for your own good. Here let me help" Avery said, fixing his little sisters Hogwarts tie. Carmen gave a small huff, letting him tie it. "also you dropped this. You know... If this is your favourite ribbon, you sure lose it a lot" He teased, smirking softly as he quickly tied it into her hair.

"Now Hurry up and go to Hagrid, the first years are taking the boats to the school. Its tradition. You don't want to miss that. See you at the sorting. and good luck!" He said before running off to go meet up with his friends who got a carriage. She nodded at his back before running over who she assumed to be Hagrid, thankful that she found Arley and Mailyn, they too were also in their robes.

Hagrid lead them over to the shore that overlooked the castle. Carmens eyes were wide with curiosity and she grinned. they were finally here!!!

"Alright you lot, no more than 4 per boat. and be careful. I dont wanna go fishin' " He said with a playful tone. as everyone started clambering into boats that seemed to move on their own, without anyone steering them.

To Arley with was all new to him, coming from a muggle home. He didnt know if he would get used to this or not

Jonnhy looked at the small flotilla of boats set in front of the first years . “Do we row them ?” He asked aloud

“Of course not Jonnhy old boy there magic !” Came a voice behind , Bart was the first one in and he offered a hand to Jonnhy he climbed in and was soon followed by David .

Soon the small fleet had set sail and were magically floating towards the grand old castle David who was standing up was using his hands as a telescope was almost knocked overboard “Alright back there ?” Called Hagrid

“Fine !” Came the shaky reply from David, as he sat down .

“ Just be careful “. Was all the giant said .

Hogwarts and all it’s glory was upon them . Every 11 year old looked to the castle with wonderment and all . A thin smile began to spread across Johnny’s face .

“This is it “. Johnny thought .“All those years of running around on the streets handing out those stupid flyers getting whacked because I couldn’t hand them all out , all those years of getting whacked for whatever reason by that wretched man ... No, muggle . It’s all over now soon I’ll be here studying magic and I’ll be happy.”

Just then the boats made there landing and everyone was thrown back a bit .

“ What now ?” David asked . Before anyone could answer Hagrid shouted in a jolly voice . “Quit standing around inside , I’m hungry and the feast can’t start without you !”

The group moved inside the castle and after walking down a narrow hallway they came into a grand room with a double stair case which lead to a door around 10 feet high .

Atop the staircase stood a rather old looking stern witch in green robes .

“Good evening I am headmaster Minvera McGonagall welcome everyone to their first year here at Hogwarts, in a few moments you will be sorted into your houses just like at home if you do something good you gain points , do something bad you loose them.”

She then pointed to four large hourglasses with different gems in then in the flickering torch light it was hard to see but Johnny swore he could make out green jewels in one of them and a venomous looking serpent sitting on it .

All of the students turned to look at the hourglasses but as soon as they turned their attention back towards the door McGonaggle was gone , and then the doors to the Great Hall slowly began to open and out from it came deefing applauses welcoming a new crop of wizards to Hogwarts .

Carmen bit her lip gently, glancing around the room, huddled close to Mailyn and Arley. Arley's eyes were transfixed on the bewitched ceiling and the floating candles. It was so interesting. Carmen let her eyes land on Avery who grinned at her and cheered with the rest of the houses. It gave her a little more confidence.

All the First years lined up, looking quite timid as the famous stool and sorting hat was placed in the centre. Professor Mcgonagall pulled out a roll of parchment and looked over at all the students standing in line. "When I call your name, you will come up to the stool where I will place the sorting hat and you will be placed into your respected houses." She said to them all before looking down at the parchment and started going down the list of names.

Names were called and every few moments either 'Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, SLytherin or Hufflepuff was yelled by the sorting hat.

"Owens, Arley!" She finally called and Arleys eyes widened. "You got this" Carmen said gently and he gave her a soft smile before slowly going over to the stool and sitting down, allowing the old tattered hat to be placed on his head over his eyes.

'Hmm... I see a thirst for knowledge. I know exactly where to put you' The hat said into his head before shouting "Ravenclaw!" For the house Hall to hear. Arleys fear melted away and he grinned before removing the hat and hopping off the stool before heading over to the sea of blue that was ready to greet him.

Soon "Weale, Mailyn!" Was called and Mailyn was sure she was abou to pass out. She quickly gave Carmens hand a quick squeeze before trying to be confident as she walked over to the sorting hat and sat down, allowing it to be placed over her head. 'Quite easy' It stated in her head before shouting "Gryffindor!" and of course the red and gold table erupted into cheers and applause and She smiled before happily walking off to the Gryffindor table.

Carmen kept pulling on the hem of her robes in a nervous fashion. Arley and Mailyn were already put into different houses. Where would that leave her? SHe just made friends and they were already going to be separated? She shook her head. It doesnt matter what houses they were in, they were going to be friends no matter their houses. While having this inner battle with herself, she almost missed when "Goodmoore, Carmen!" was called. She jumped slightly before timidly making her way up the steps and she sat down on the stool before the sorting hat was placed on her head and it fell right down almost.

'hmm..... Another Goodmoore.... tricky.... I see bravery.... and knowledge... I also see loyalty... love... I know just where to put you.....' It whispered in her head "Make it... Hufflepuff!" The hat finally yelled and Carmens nervousness melted and she beamed happily. Avery grinned up at his little sister and cheered and clapped along with the other Hufflepuffs as Carmen bounced over to her new home. Ok. Maybe this wouldnt be too bad

When Johnny entered the room it was something out of the most wonderful dream . The floating candles the sky that appeared to be the night sky , and most of all the hat . It looked like a old , battered brown witches hat all drooped over, and then it began to talk .

The student body , we divide.
Of values firm and true .
What are these values you may ask ?
Well i’ll explain to you .
Gryffindor had nerves of steel , his students have it to.
Ravenclaw loved her books , she read them though and though.
Slytherin thought ambition and cunning was the best .
Huffepuff had a heart of gold . She Gladly took the rest !
So try me on , I won’t bite , though I will swallow you whole .
Hogwarts on Hogwarts the greatest school of all !

The room applauds and then McGonagall takes out the scroll . Carmen, Arley , and Mailyn are quickly sorted . Johnny looks over to where they go no one has gone to the table with the green table cloth .

“Teach Bartholomew “. McGonagall called and the boy took his place on the stool .

“ Another Teach “. The sorting hat whispererd in his ear “ Brave , very brave something else though cunning very much so and strong family ties . Your choice boy “.

“SLYTHERIN !” The hat called and Bart took his spot amongst the green and sliver .

“ Denis Suzzie”. Mcgonagall said .

“You have nerve girl, the hat said lots of ambition. Cunning yes . I guess that settles it . Wait are your sure ? It runs in the family I guess .”

“HUFFLEPUFF !”

Johnny watched as Suzzie walked past him , she whisperd in his ear before sitting down.”Good Luck “. Johnny was beginning to think this girl to be a bit of a creap she was nice but the interest she was taking in him was coming of as very weird . As he was pondering this four others were sorted one Slytherin two Ravenclaws .

“Edwards Jonathan “. Johnny took his seat and the hat was placed on him .

“ Ambition, cleaverness , you made it on the streets for a two months before coming here how cleaver and what’s this a hatred for muggles at such an early age too ? Thank goodness you love your little sister or I would be worried that we might have another ... Well anyway better be ...”

“SLYTHERIN !”

By the time “Lloyd David “ was called the boy in question was a nervous wreck .

“ Chivalry, Darring .Yank your the perfect fit for “. David griped the sides of the stool “No “. The hat siged “ Look I know your clever and ambitions but David do you know the history of Slytherin ? Muggleborns are rare and ... Fine have it your way I think i’m getting solft in my old age .

“ SLYTHERIN “ . The hat seemed to make this pronouncement with much pride .

A few more kids were sorted and after what seemed like hours Mcgonagall rolled up her scroll and took a seat . She cleared her thorat . “ Welcome one and all to anthor year at Hogwarts before we start eating I have a few things to say . First I would like to say that we have a new Transfiguration professor.” Hagrid who had made his way to the table took a gracious bow “Rubruis Hagrid has taught the Care for Magical Creatures for well over a decade he will now teach Transfiguration “. A lot of the older students and all of the staff stood and cheered at this . “Now since professor Hagrid is teaching Transfiguration the position for Care for Magical Creatures needs to be filled . Hogwarts is proud to welcome Newt Scamander as the new instructor for Care for Magical Creatures “. The old women smiled as she saw Newt trying to keep a Niffer that was in his pocket from steeling a fork . He stood up and waved and then sat down .

“Finally”. Mcgonagall said this in a very stern voice . “Dementor attacks have reached a peak this summer please do not worry but beaware stay out of the the Forbidden Forest “. The old witch lowerd her spectacles “Hence the name”. There was a great round of laughter from around the room . “And you will be fine , with that said let’s eat “.

From out of nowhere plates of the most delicious food materailzed on to the plates of the students . Johnny ate greedily it was the best meal he had ever had .

To Carmen, it’s as if the sorting was over in a blink of an eye. She thought something would happen and she wouldn’t get sorted, but that was just the nerves taking over. She glanced over at Mailyn at the Gryffindor table and gave her a smile before paying attention to the Head mistress.

Everyone cheered for Hagrid, knowing full well that he deserved it. What Avery Goodmoore wasn’t expecting however was who the new Care of Magical Creatures was and when ‘Newt Scamander’ hit his ears he practically choked on air and his copy of ‘fantastic Beasts and Where to Find them’ slipped from his fingers onto the ground, clearly making people turn to him as he scrambled to grab his well loved book but managed to smack his head on the table. Carmen tried holding back a giggle as she saw her older brother turn bright red in embarrassment and hide behind his friends shoulder.

Thankfully no one really paid him any attention as food was of higher importance on everyone else’s minds.

Carmen grinned, the feast looked amazing! Unlike some people, she slowly and politely filled her plate and ate quietly, talking with a few of her new house mates.

McGonagall picked at a piece of chicken . It was very good however something heavy weighed on her mind . “Nearly half of Slytherin’s muggleborn now “. She said in a low voice so only the other teachers could hear .

“Is that a problem professor?” Albus Potter asked in shock at such a weird statement coming from Minvera McGonagall of all people.

“No Potter it’s not it’s just ...” The old witch felt the name on her toung Potter... How long has that name held sway over her life ? When she was a girl first attending Hogwarts there was the headboy Fleamont Potter he was a seventh year when she was a first . And then there was James Potter “Oh Dear”. Was the first thing she thought of she almost laughed . Then Harry Potter, The boy who lived . He had her eyes and so dose this Potter , Albus Potter the late bloomer . His older brother James II has shown more talent early on but Albus had become his equal , she thought back to that second Saturday in November when Albus in his sixth year and James in his seventh we’re both seekers for their respective houses. That was the only time Minvera McGonagall felt an ounce of joy at Slytherin’s victory over Gryffindor.

McGonagall snapped out of her ponderings to look Albus in the eye

“Actually Albus there is a problem when you get a chance during your free period this Tuesday I need to see you privately .” Albus wanted to ask more but the stern look Mcgonagall gave him still chilled him to the bone as if it was his first year all over again .

The feast went on for another hour and a half “Shucks , Johnny !” David said “ You must have put away two chickens and an entire cow “. Jonnhy laughed “Well you didn’t do to bad yourself boy”. Jonhny said this in a mock southern draw Jonnhy was beginning to like this boy even though he thought that his wand should be taken away so he wouldn’t kill anybody . Just then Bart came from behind and clapped the two on the back “Well if it ain’t Blackbeard Jr.” David said Bart laughed “ We’ve been sorted into the best house boys Slytherin !”

The students we’re leaving the Great Hall now Jonnhy caught a glance at Suzzie . She waved he waved back . “ Suzzie was nice but I’m glad we’re in different houses “.

Suzzie had found her older Sister Sarah as soon as dinner ended and the two praddled in about nothing in particular. “I’m so proud of you Suzzie . Hufflepuff your going to have so much fun here hold on ...” Sarah was no bully however for the last three years at Hogwarts she did like to tease Avery Goodmoore . They were good friends and Avery’s good and quite nature seemed a good balance to her manic side . Avery was leading his little sister’s hand as they made there way down to the Hufflepuff basement .

“Sarah , what are you doing ?” Suzzie asked . “Shush !” Sarah said “ Come on !” Quite as a mouse Sarah grabbed Suzzies hand and hid behind a suite of armor . Just as Avery and Carmen pasted Sarah jumped out .

“Boo !” Sarah said Avery and Suzzie both jumped .

“ Avery Goodmoore” . Sarah said in a sweet voice “ How was your summer . Carmen and Suzzie both looked at each other both seemed like pets to there older siblings.

Carmen got along with everyone at her table pretty well and pretty quickly too which was a bonus. She had to admit she was rather disappointed that neither Arley or Mailyn were in the same house as her. But, they all had different personalities and ambitions it seemed so their houses made sense. She figured she would see them tomorrow at least so she could catch up with her new friends then.

Avery was full and it took all his strength not to keep taking glances at the staff table. He wasnt a creep! but it was so hard when the author of your all time favourite book was now the Professor of his all time favourite class. When the feast ended, he took his book and got up and lead Carmen out of the Great Hall when every one started making their way to their common rooms.

His Younger sister knew how excited her brother was and couldnt help but giggle softly "Don't keel over from happiness" She teased him, earning a small shove from him "You zip your lip, dear sister." He said with an eyeroll.

Obviously since the siblings werent paying attention, Avery forgot about Sarah and her antics so when she jumped out at them, he jumped and Carmen yelped before hiding behind his arm.

Avery narrowed his eyes playfully at his friend. "ah Denis. It seems you havent changed a bit since we left for summer." he teased before he smiled "It was, alright, I cant complain too much. How about you? Do anything exciting?" He asked before pulling Carmen out from behind his sleeve. "Oh. This is my little sister Carmen, Carmen this is my... interesting friend Sarah." He said with a grin.

“ Same old , same old .” Sarah said pulling both the Goodmores in for a un announced hug . “ We went to the World Cup “. Suzzie smiled at Avery . “ So your Avery? Sarah has always told me so much about you .”

The party began to make their way to the Hufflepuff Basment when they came to a large store room filled with barrels . Suzzie was about to walk up to the barrels when Sarah caught her by the shoulder “ Wait Sue , Sue let someone else show you how it’s done we don’t want your school robes to be soaked in vinegar “.

“Attention everyone , attention .” Newt Scamander was standing at the front everyone turned to look at the elderly wizard. “ As you all know I happend to be as young as yourselves once and I just so happend to have the fortune to be sorted into the greatest House at Hogwarts. Hufflepuff “.

There was an eruption of applause and Newt could scarcely calm everyone . “Professor Spourt has given me the honor of showing the newest members of our house how we enter our common room so first years come to the front “.

There was a great shuffling of feat as the newest badgers made there way to the front . Sarah gently grabbed Avery’s ear who was unconsciously trying to get a better view of his idol “ Hold on a minute Avery a bit tall for a firsty aren’t we ?”

Upfront Newt had all of the first years assembled “ Alright .” He said “ its really quite simple all you must do is to beat a rhythm it goes like this . Newt tapped a few barrels that were not used in opening the common room door to demonstrate.” It’s really quite easy just say as your doing it Hel-Ga-Huffle-Puff “. He said this as he tapped the barrels “Now who here would like to try . A flock of hands rose out of the crowed of eager first years . “You young man how about you try .”

A small shaggy boy with black hair stepped forward . “ But sir , I didn’t raise my hand .” He complained.

“ Don’t worry .” Newt said warmly . “If you worry about failure and you do end up failing then you suffer twice “. The boy wanted to argue but he looked around at the crowed and saw he wasn’t getting out of it . Reluctantly he stepped forward .

“ Hel-Ga-Huffle-Puff”. The boy shut his eyes he had heard from an older boy that if you got the beat wrong then you would be drenched in vinegar now he waited but it never came .

A soft creak of the door could be heard and the entrance to the Hufflepuff Basement opend.

A little bit further down a Slytherin Perfect was standing at the entrance to the dungeon. Guarding the entrance was a portrait of Merlin

“ Alright listen up everyone , the password changes every forthnight “.

“Excuse me !” Came a voice it was David Lloyd “ How Long exactly is a forthnight?”

Without missing a beat the prefect said “ Fourteen days , if you want to know the password just check the notebord near the hearth anyway “. The slytherin prefect looked to his right and to his left to make sure no one was listening. “ For the next two weeks the password is ... Hocrux , say it with me every one hocrux”.

Everyone said it and some of the older kids had a funny look on there face Bart had it to.

“ What’s so funny ?” Johnny asked Bart but before he could answer the door opend and everyone stepped inside .

The Slytherin Common Room was grand and cool the green lanterns gave everything a mysterious and erie feeling .

“ It’s like something out of a Bond Villan’s lair “. David said as took in the common room .

“Boys dormitory on the left girls on the right “.The prefect who showed them in said .”Everyone take good rest first classes are at 9:30 Am sharp your schedules will be on your beds “.

“This place really is magic “. Johnny said laying on his bed David and Bart enterd . The three were rooming together as if the school sinced their bond . For the first time in his life Jonnhy had friends who weren’t his brother. Ten years of abuse and this was the start of something new his brother would get his hogwarts letter a year from now he was sure of it and once he got it they would both be free .

Bart’s voice snapped him out of his musings “ David , Jonnhy I need to speak with you . Quietly “. Bart said this just above a whisper and both Jonhnny and David moved closer to listen.

“ Look nether you two have magical parents do you ?” David and Jonnhy looked at each other and then looked at Bart they shock their heads no .

“Dose it matter ?” David asked in a voice that was little too loud for Bart’s liking “ Shh !” Bart hissed “ No not anymore look . .. Back when Hogwarts was founded normal people knew we were real and hunted us like dogs “... Bart looked at his audience he saw a look of hatred in Jonhny’s eyes and a lazy look on David’s face .” Anyway Salazar Slytherin mistrusted muggles and anyone who was associated with them he wanted to ban wizards of muggle blood from attending Hogwarts .”

Jonhny and David looked at each other and then looked back at Bart . “ So were not welcomed here ?” David asked .” No of course not ! “ Bart stammered “ Look all i’m saying is that you should probably not tell anybody who your parents are most of that way of thinking is gone but there are a few who still think that way and they can be very well... Nasty about it “.

David looked very pale and he was beginning to think that he should have listed to the silly talking hat and allowed himself to be placed in Gryffindor. Jonnhy on the other hand said nonchalantly “No problem , I hate my parents anyway “. It got real awkward after that and no one said a word .

David was having a hard time falling asleep .” I don’t belong here .” He thought allowed “Why was I so pigheaded “. He tossed and turned for a good thirty minutes intill Bart spoke though yawns . “ Don’t have a bloody cow man . Merlin was a Muggleborn and he was in Slytherin.”

This put David’s mind at ease and soon he was fast asleep dreaming about his first day at Hogwarts .

Carmen's green eyes were wide with wonder as she gazed around. All the portraits moved and spoke to you! She was used to moving pictures that waved but never any that you could actually hold a conversation with. The first year Hufflepuffs were greeted by many whether it be a portrait or one of the ghosts. Of course Carmen clung to Averys sleeve and hid her eyes when the Fat Friar floated through the wall in greeting to the new children to his former house, Hufflepuff.

Avery chuckled quietly, giving Carmen's hand a gentle squeeze to reassure her that she was okay. "Ghosts are harmless. It just feels weird if they float through you" He said with a shudder before they finally made their way down to the basement where all the newbies and older Badgers gathered. Avery almost choked on his own tongue when Scamander was standing near the entrance.

Carmen shuffled forward when the 1st years were called forward. "Ow, Sarah! I was just trying to get out of the way for the others" He said stubbornly. He's just an author. no big deal. It was a big deal and Carmen already knew that Avery was going to write out a novel to their parents about what happened.

When everyone made their way into the common room, Carmen let out a gasp as her eyes scanned the large area. It was even better than what Avery described to her! She couldn't hold it back anymore and let out a squeal of delight and did a small jump in place. "Im finally here!" she said happily.

"Definitely more magical than mine and mum and dad's stories, right? Welcome to Hogwarts miss Hufflepuff." Avery said with a smile on his face, resting a hand on her shoulder. "Ill send mum and dad an Owl tonight and tell them about what happened tonight so you dont have to worry about it. Now head off to bed, you have a busy day tomorrow, your dorm is along that way" He stated, pointing in the direction of her dorm "Have a good night, Carmen" He said, giving his sister a kiss on her head. SHe grinned "Night Avery" She said before going to her new dorm which she shared with Suzzie and the other 1st year Hufflepuff Girls. Her Kitten Juniper waited patiently for her to join her in dream land.

Sleep came easy for the young Hufflepuff, only waking when the morning sun hit her face and the sound of students bustling around to get ready for breakfast filled her ears. She rolled out of bed pretty quickly and went to her trunk to start searching for her new black and Yellow robes.

Avery on the other hand was already up and dressed, already used to the routine he's been following for two years prior. He had his usual Fantastic Beasts book open as he left the common room, eyes glued to the pages as he weaved through students coming and going around him as he made his way to the Great Hall for breakfast.

Arley Owens, the new Ravenclaw had the same idea as Avery. He as already in the Great Hall, piece of toast in his mouth as his eyes devoured all the information in 'Hogwarts, A History'. He's gone 11 years not knowing anything about magic and now it was time to catch up. The whole Castle was fascinating, there was so much to learn and explore. His Parents were thrilled when they found out Arley was a wizard. Muggles with a Wizard as a son. It was amazing! He couldnt wait to see what this year and the others would entail.

Johnny was the first one out of bed , he crept into the Slytherin common room and took it all in. “ This is it , first day of school”. He smiled to himself ,” no one’s going to snicker or point and whisper about how he was always forced to wear grey or about the fact that his father had forced him to stand on the curb outside the park on a Saturday while his friends went around enjoying there day off .Jonhnny was already in his Hogwarts robes he looked down at the serpent emblem that was sewed into his robes.

“ A serpent, how ironic, a serpent how many times did father rail on against a serpent who stole into the Garden of Eden ? “ He looked across at the table that was at the foot of the sofa where he was sitting . The table was of dark willow wood and on top of it was a ornate bowl filled with juicy looking red apples . “ How fitting “. Jonnhy said taking the largest most ripe apple and biteing into it with a loud and satisfying crunch !

Johnny seemed to be the only one in the common room but that changed . Soon the whole of Slytherin House was congrating in the common room . “ Hey Jonhny what’s up ?” Jonnhy turned around to see David there who was followed by Bart who was still rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

“ Nothing much “ . Jonhny said “ Just eating an apple , and you ?”

“ Getting ready to head down to the great hall for breakfast you coming ? Don’t worry i’m sure an apple won’t spoil your appetite.” Jonnhy smiled at this .

As the three were making their way up to the great hall Bart complained bitterly.” Why is it that school has to start this early in the morning ? Why can’t classes start at noon ? “ Bart wasn’t looking where he was going and just so happend to bump right into Arley making him almost drop his copy of ‘ Hogwarts a History ‘, into a bowl of porridge. Luckily Arley was apparently velcrowed to the book , but the look he gave Bart was a look of loathing .

“Sorry .” Bart said apathetically. He didn’t mean any harm however it was to early Bart thought to care about anything at all except food . As he was walking he saw that Arley was reading ‘ Hogwarts a History ‘ and he was reading about the year Sirus Black returned to Hogwarts .

The hot topic at the Slytherin table was Quidditch. More specificity the fact that the Slytherin Quidditch team was in desperate need of new blood their team was gutted from a few years back losing a lot of its players to graduation and Slytherin had been on a bad losing streak . “ Mark my words guys “. Bart said it was the first sentence he had said all morning that wasn’t slurred “ I will find a way on that team . “

“ How ?” Jonnhy said .” From what I heard first years are rarely let on “. “ Yeah “. David said “ I don’t think they are going to start conscripting babies to play a sport .” Bart looked grimly at David and Johnny “ Quidditch isn’t just some game it’s THE GAME you two haven’t lived in till you have played Quidditch and mark my words i’ll get all of us on the team and then I’ll get my dad to buy the whole team Firebolts ! That’s what my Dad said if I could make the team my first year then he would buy the whole team Firebolts “.

“ What’s a Firebolt ?” Asked Jonnhy dumbly. At this Bart looked like he was going to explode so David changed the subject to their schedules . There first class being Transfiguration with the Hufflepuffs followed by Defense Against the Dark Arts with the Ravenclaws and then finally Potions with Gryffindor .

Every now and again Arley would look up from breakfast and he would meet Bart’s gaze it wasn’t even noon on their first day and already their was extreme animosity brewing between the two . “ What is he looking at ? All I did was almost knock him over and that was an accident. Bart was feeling frustrated. Frustrated at his friends who knew nothing about the magical world frustrated with having to get up so early and especially frustrated at Arley Owens for being a know it all ass .

“ Moventur Picturae “. Bart mumbles under his breath . The page That Arley was reading about Sirus Black had a picture of a Dementor , usually pictures in magical books move however unless the author knows that children will not be reading the book they will usually put a charm on the picture to keep it completely still . The cause being that Dementors are rather nasty creatures and it is best to minimize exposure.

All of a sudden the picture of the dementor jumped out at Arley like the book was a giant pop up book . The dementor in question was not a real dementor it wasn’t even the right color a ghostly blue instead of a bleak black but it was still a dementor and you could see half of Ravenclaw table jump in alarm . As soon as Arley dropped the book the dementor vanished .

“ Bart !” David said “ Don’t you think that was a little harsh ? “ “He deserved it “. Bart said ,” Besides it’s fine as soon as the little book worm opens his book the picture won’t move any more .

Not much was said amongst the three and while this was happening Sarah was debating Avery on matters of Newt . “ It’s not true I don’t know how you could smuggle a suitcase of magical creatures into another country “. Suzzie looked over at Carmen with a tired look they had been going at this for half an hour . Suzzie know that Sarah was pulling Avery’s leg “ she just likes to argue , one time she debated with Winifred our oldest sister over the color of an orange “. She wrote this on a piece of parchment and slid it to Carmen . All of a sudden their was a great commotion at the Ravenclaw table Suzzie and Sarah both looked up but by the time they did it was over .

“ What happened ?” Suzzie asked . But before Sarah could respond the great bells chimed .” Time to go to class “. Sarah said “ What do you have baby sister?” “Transfiguration , with Hagrid .” Suzzie shrugged “and you ?” Sarah smiled “ Care of magical creatures she rolled her eyes as Avery appeared to have a new pip in his step . “ Better go know Carmen before your big brother has a aneurism. Be safe both of you stay away from Finch “.

“I have a felling “. Suzzie said to Carmen as they approached their first lesson . “ That you and I will one day become sisters in law “. She was smirking as she sat down at her desk .

Arley gasped when the picture of the dementor jumped out at him. he put his hand over his chest, trying to slow the beating of his racing heart. "Why are Dementors so creepy?" Arley asked to no one in particular. He was a book worm, sure, but even he had questions and it seemed the Dementors made everyone shiver.

"Thats because, my friend, Dementors are meant to make you feel like you have no happiness left in you, and sometimes, if youre unfortunate enough, They'll 'kiss' you. Basically suck out your soul through your mouth. It's worse than death" Came the voice of Mailyn Weale, proudly sporting her red and Gold Gryffindor tie. "You clearly have lots to learn." She said jokingly with a friendly smile, before casting a look over to the SLytherin table as she picked up Arleys book, handing it back to him.

"It makes sense why youre in Ravenclaw, When you came on the train you knew a fair bit about the wizard world. And you live with muggles! I definitely wouldnt be able to learn all that so quickly" She giggled. Arley rolled his eyes playfully at her and couldnt help but smile back. He completely forgot about the Fake Dementor Jumping out at him. Maybe that was her plan all along, to keep him from thinking about it. Who knows.

"I guess I can see why you're in Gryffindor then." He laughed softly, looking at her from his seat. She gave a big grin "Gryffindor runs in my veins! Both of my parents were Gryffindors and I always thought myself to be brave" She said triumphantly. 'Or full of yourself' Arley thought to himself. She didnt need to know that. He didnt touch his book again until he was completely done eating.

Carmen couldnt help giggling as she read Suzzies note. It was definitely noticeable that Avery wasnt catching on yet. "Sarah for the last time, Enlargement charms exist. and so do disillusionment charms. Muggles wouldnt think 'He must be smuggling animals in his suit case' even if they didn’t open it"Avery groaned.

He was annoyed, however when the bell chimed its as if someone flipped a switch inside of him and he immediately looked like a small child in a candy store. "Come on Sarah! if we hurry, I can maybe see Twick before he thinks I'm avoiding him!" Avery said, tugging on Sarahs sleeve, pulling her towards the doors leading out to their class.

"Twick is the name of his little Bowtruckle he kind of sort of adopted last year." Carmen added, seeing a look of confusion on Suzzies face as she waved bye the her over excited brother and gathered their things and headed to Transfiguration, doing their best trying to remember what path they took for later.

Carmen giggled softly as she settled next to Suzzie as a sea of green and yellow filled the class "I highly doubt that. Avery would confess his love to a Hippogriff first before he even realized he could have feelings for a human being. I love Avery but he is very oblivious sometimes about certain things." She said as she pulled out her new transfiguration text book and her quill and some parchment. She looked at the door eagerly as Hagrid made his way into the class, taking up a large part of the already large classroom. Her brother and even her parents told her about Hagrid and He definitely was interesting as they said.

She adjusted her yellow ribbon holding her hair back as she looked at her new professor politely, giving him a welcoming smile. It may have been her first day as a student, but it was also Hagrids first day teaching Transfiguration and the last thing she wanted to do was make him feel unwelcomed. If that didnt scream Hufflepuff, I doubt any one would know what did.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back