• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Resort (Lore)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

TheSpeck

Cognitohazard
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Hello! I just want to say thank you for showing interest! Now, let's get on to all the important information I can think of!

The monsters: the monsters came from underground. When a team of researchers went further into the Earth then anyone else ever had, they dug into a pocket where they found a mysterious plant. This plant was brought back to the surface for study, but in a freak accident the whole plant exploded into spores, shooting them thousands of feet in the sky and spreading them over the Earth. Eventually more plants were found growing in cities or climates not fit for human life. The plants grew, taking over large portions (around 4 miles per plant) of land with vines and flowering buds. Now, this might not seem that bad. It's just a pretty flower trying to grow right? That's definitely not true. It can speak to you. Anyone who went near it reported hearing a voice, and eventually people started listening to that voice. No, they aren't zombies. The infected are still alive and capable of thinking, but they believe that this plant is amazing. beautiful. In need of protection. And the infected will become so invested in trying to get others to go near the plant they may even start hurting others. Other than this, the plant also poses the ability to form moving creatures with it's vines. The vines clump together and form into animal like shapes, and since each vine is capable of movement without having to be attached to the main plant, it can create one living creature. But, all these creatures are blind. No one has figured out how to kill the original plant, which they call 'the queen'. It's resistant to fire (due to its original habitat being deep in the Earth's crust), it cannot be drowned (water evaporates when it touches the plant. The plant is quite hot to the touch), and pesticides haven't been known to kill it. The plant looks sort of like a red flowering bud, and is carnivorous.

Magic/species: Pretty much anything is allowed in terms of species, but for magic I don't want anything too much. There may be potions or someone may have enhancements, but nothing major. On a scale from one to ten, one being someone can hear well and ten being someone can cause explosions just by wanting to, I will only allow up to around a 5 (there may be exceptions)

The island: The Resort is a large island with a lake in the middle. If you head in any direction there's a good chance you'll find any biome, which is odd since biomes shouldn't change so fast. There's the tundra, the desert, the jungle, regular forest (most common), and Savannah. If there's anything else you want to know about the island, you can ask here.

Just a reminder, there are very few NPCs on the island due to the failed attempts at getting more people to the island. Each person can use 2-3 npcs each.

There will be no cars, or vehicles. There are also only a few guns which are owned by any government workers. Just think of it as 'hey, would people take this if they were in a hurry and had limited space?' If the answer is yes, go ahead and use the item. If it's no, then don't use it.

The plot will start when everyone is either landing, or just landed. The town hall and some tents are all that are set up at the moment. You can do whatever the heck you want with your characters, they can be bad, good, both, and cause as much conflict as you want as long as you don't go killing other people's characters without perms. Have fun with it, imagine anything!

I can't think of anything else to say, so y'all can ask questions if needed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back