• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Reliquary [OOC]

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Scaleless

Weewoo weewoo
The Reliquary

• While anomalies or ASC (anomalous supernatural constructs) are the subjects of many a fantastical tale in the world, encountering one is extremely unlikely. Only 0.2% of humans will ever stand within 100 meters of an ASC and even less will interact with one.
  • The currency is called a Mark. It is a shiny, golden coin, with a complex and intricate design that features a graceful serpent coiling around a crest of two crossed swords. Its shimmering surface reflects the light, and its edges are smooth and curved. A week's worth of food would cost 500 Marks, whereas a house would cost around 150,000 Marks.
  • Other than ASCs there are no common fantasy races or creatures.
  • Each ASC is different. It can manifest in the form of an object, a creature, or a disease. The basis of each creation is also different: some just exist and always have, and one may have been created by an alchemist’s experiments or may have been born from a cult’s rituals. It could be a roving hairy cryptid—they exist as the plot demands.
  • Tracers have the option to get doped up to make their jobs easier. It makes them Increase in strength, age slower and heal faster. They may also rent ASCs in the form of a weapon, small familiar or device.

Last edited:
Can people own ASC without the reliquaries trying to take it?
Depends. Tracers are allowed to own and use them as long as it’s for work.

For citizens If it is dangerous or they are very public about their ownership they will prioritize nabbing it. The official policy is to take everything, but if they keep it a secret and it’s not dangerous they are unlikely to fall under their radar.

Ayama Ayama , noil noil , Viper Actual Viper Actual
Figured I’d give a mention just in case bc you interacted with the interest check in some way 👋

Murdergurl Murdergurl The reliquary would be happy to provide her meals—though there may be ample opportunity for her to come across some dead meat on her outings.

As an undead creature, was she alive at any point? Could it be possible that she was made that way by another ASC? Just a mysterious being that haunted graveyards? Do you have anything in mind for her origin yet?

Squad141 Squad141 Yep, one main character for now. Small pets or familiars do not count towards this limit. I’d be open to more main characters if we get further in, better to just focus on one for now.

Gears Gears I’m assuming the cs you posted is still a WIP? For the personality section, just to clarify, if you use bullet points you should go into a lil detail about how it applies to the character, Ex :

• Optimistic— Eddie always sees the bright side of life, always marching forward and never surrendering a moment to the dark and dreary.
I’d like to see at least 5 traits like this in the complete one.

Ayama Ayama , noil noil , Viper Actual Viper Actual
Figured I’d give a mention just in case bc you interacted with the interest check in some way 👋

Murdergurl Murdergurl The reliquary would be happy to provide her meals—though there may be ample opportunity for her to come across some dead meat on her outings.

As an undead creature, was she alive at any point? Could it be possible that she was made that way by another ASC? Just a mysterious being that haunted graveyards? Do you have anything in mind for her origin yet?

Squad141 Squad141 Yep, one main character for now. Small pets or familiars do not count towards this limit. I’d be open to more main characters if we get further in, better to just focus on one for now.

Gears Gears I’m assuming the cs you posted is still a WIP? For the personality section, just to clarify, if you use bullet points you should go into a lil detail about how it applies to the character, Ex :

• Optimistic— Eddie always sees the bright side of life, always marching forward and never surrendering a moment to the dark and dreary.
I’d like to see at least 5 traits like this in the complete one.
Thanks for the clarification. Another question: in the CS it mentions that we're able to make our own ASCs. Does this mean we are able to make ones that our character doesn't have on their person, and simply exist in the Reliquary?

Thanks for the clarification. Another question: in the CS it mentions that we're able to make our own ASCs. Does this mean we are able to make ones that our character doesn't have on their person, and simply exist in the Reliquary?
Yep. They can also exist outside of a vault as well. Especially relevant if one is involved in any backstories.

RaiAthar RaiAthar
The ASC and overall concept are good. I do find the concept of having a mini Sword fighter going around amusing as well. 🤣

You do have to keep in mind that this world is not like our real world in terms of histories or literatures though. So I would ask that you tell his tale more explicitly, in the context of this world. Remember you can invent organizations or cities—whatever you need if it serves you. You are free to take inspiration from the legend!

Gears Gears I like the barebones of the backstory. But, there is a looot of room to expand.

I will add a 300 word requirement at minimum for the reverie section just to make sure I can get a good idea of your characters histories. Knowing more details of their history makes it a lot easier to incorporate them more intimately with any of the main thread stories. Gears Gears RaiAthar RaiAthar

When will I be able to begin RP'ing

Scaleless Scaleless So instead of Arthus hailing from Eiras, I feel that it would fit better if he was from Kronos, in a time before Judicantism was established as the predominant faith in the land. During this period war between neighboring nations would have been commonplace.

Perhaps he lived long enough to become the villain sort of deal; framed by his most trusted associate, Judas (Lancelot), for a crime he did not commit? Therefore, in the myths/legends he is remembered as a lawless tyrant and queenkiller.

What are your thoughts?

Gears Gears When we have a few completed characters.

RaiAthar RaiAthar That is a very neat idea. I can work around that well. You have the green light from me 👍 Establishes him as a historical figure which is ingenious.

What happens if an ASC takes the form of something less tangible, like a widespread virus? Do the tracers would try to imprison every single infecteds in the reliquary? What happen if an ASC is too big to be carried? Like a house or a place?

after some thought, I'm finding the character creation and categorizing and all this a little too... tedious. Every time I try to get around to making the character sheet, and then hafta fill out additional stuff just to make my character (as she'd be an ASC with ASC's in her possession (and I'm like...ugh). Gonna politely bow out of this one. Thank you for the consideration, regardless.

What happens if an ASC takes the form of something less tangible, like a widespread virus? Do the tracers would try to imprison every single infecteds in the reliquary? What happen if an ASC is too big to be carried? Like a house or a place?
Hahaha, really having me put the thinking cap on with this one. 🧐

Taking a note from SCP, establish a containment perimeter with no entry in or out. Extraction of a single living person with the illness as a sample will suffice for the record.

What comes next depends on the nature of the disease… If it’s effects are deadly, leave the anomalous nature out of public knowledge and pretend it’s an ordinary illness. Let it play out and send condolences to the family.

Something like a zombie virus? After extracting a sample it’d be full on extermination.

Size is inconsequential. Owl feller won’t let them go on such a mission without the means of extraction. There would be a few things in the arsenal capable of extracting it. I imagine the tracers setting up some kind of teleportation mechanic that would take some time. That or set up guards if it is truly too big to move.

Last edited:
That's me finished. Let me know if I should change anything

BananaMuffin BananaMuffin Nice, happy to hear it.

RaiAthar RaiAthar from what I have read, both of your sheets are progressing along nicely. Just let me know when you are done.

For those who have a sheet up, WIP or otherwise, would you be interested in establishing any prior relationships? Optional, but just some ideas I had from a quick look.

• Rico and Alcanos are both from Atacama—maybe they have been on a job together before? From what bread had wrote, their monster house ASC has already been contained, maybe they joined forces in the past to get ASC—968 contained?
  • Ya think Arthus could have had something to do with ASC—242s containment? He is a bit of a boomer, so he’d have gotten around a bit by now within the reliquary.
  • Eddie has some experience forging, could’ve made a blade or a piece of armor for Alcanos.

I will work on faceclaims either later today or tomorrow. For now, I need to finish up school

Users who are viewing this thread

Back