• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice The Redux of the Tale of a Falling Empire - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
jaydude jaydude

Oh yeah! How do you want to handle stunts this game? The usually assuming a 2 point stunt?

Or do you want to do things differently and hand them put yourself.

I see that we can also bank stunt die for later. To use for later rolls for ourselves or apparently give them to another player for their roll. Which is sweet.

Apparently we can also use them to restore power or make "Dramatic Edits" or instant training.

Seeing as there isn't any cap. We could theoretically bank up stunt die as free die to add to an epic moment we really want to succeed on.

Seeing as stunts don't appear to go any higher than one point here, I'm gonna go ahead and let you all assume stunts whenever you roll for something. Just tell me what you want to do with the stunt bonus (roll two extra dice, bank two dice, and so on). Using one of the three benefits (Restore resources, Dramatic Edit, Instant training) will cost you one set of two dice.

Seeing as stunts don't appear to go any higher than one point here, I'm gonna go ahead and let you all assume stunts whenever you roll for something. Just tell me what you want to do with the stunt bonus (roll two extra dice, bank two dice, and so on). Using one of the three benefits (Restore resources, Dramatic Edit, Instant training) will cost you one set of two dice.
Cool beans! I'll bank my stunt then.

Since we don't really count sessions like we would in live play. Is there a way you would like to handle the limit or expiration instead? Or go without and trust we won't abuse it?

Since we don't really count sessions like we would in live play. Is there a way you would like to handle the limit or expiration instead? Or go without and trust we won't abuse it?
One idea I've had is that you can each have up to [Essence] sets of dice/benefits in reserve. That said, I will declare a "session" over whenever I feel it's appropriate to do so, typically after each couple of scenes. This is so that I can account for things such as Exalt Milestones.

Okay, I added some intimacies.

I'm still trying to sort out exactly how things work mechanically - I asked to use Backing as Resources for that Charm, but reading Backing, could I instead have just used backing as normal to add 5 dice to the roll (as the 5 dot backing of House Ragara would certainly seem like the sort of thing one could leverage when ingratiating herself with the Regent and King), added her 2 dots of Resources normally as per the Charm, and taken the -3 penalty for group influence so I could spend successes to influence the Regent as well as the King?

I don't mind leveraging the Once-Per-Story Resources if I'm actually buying a household sufficient to keep up appearances for someone of her rank and stature despite her relative poverty, but blowing it all for three dice on that present doesn't make much sense.

Backing (•• to •••••)
Your character has standing in an organization, whether it’s the Guild, the Celestial Bureaucracy, or a conspiracy to overthrow the Prefect of Gem.
You define which organization when you purchase this Merit. You add dice equal to this Merit’s rating to all rolls made through the organization — for example, when your character exerts influence by leveraging their position. Once per story, they can loan equipment with a total Resource rating equal to the rating of this Merit, provided it makes sense for the organization to have access. A rating of •• is Tertiary, while a rating of ••• or •••• is Secondary and ••••• is Primary.

I'll get a post in soon. Yesterday was a long day and the fallout's going to carry over for a while. Had a water filter explode. At least repairs are already in process and everything's gonna be fine.

I'll get a post in soon. Yesterday was a long day and the fallout's going to carry over for a while. Had a water filter explode. At least repairs are already in process and everything's gonna be fine.
Sorry to hear that. Glad to hear you've got things under control, at least.

Dumb, dumby question. Sorry that I'm asking. It's dumb.

What is the [Pass] for? Does that mean you've posted as far as you can for this scene and now are "passing" on it?

Dumb, dumby question. Sorry that I'm asking. It's dumb.

What is the [Pass] for? Does that mean you've posted as far as you can for this scene and now are "passing" on it?
It's from an Exalted game Random was running a while back. Basically you say it if you're ready to move onto the next scene.

Yeah, it was just a short tag to help the storyteller track if there's anything left to settle before moving on. Aside from pass, there was also hold, which meant there was still something you wanted to accomplish or address in the current scene. It's a nifty little addition.

Lol Ramuron didn't do anything yet and he's already getting chewed out by the sisters.

An accurate portrayal of married life.

Wow, yeah, Kitava just doesn't believe she's in any danger so she doesn't care about security concerns - why is Taeran so angry with Ramuron?

Sorry! I thought we were saying something already happened between them to distance them!

My bad. I'll turn off "bitch stare".

Wow, yeah, Kitava just doesn't believe she's in any danger so she doesn't care about security concerns - why is Taeran so angry with Ramuron?
Well Kitava can shove it. Just like the Spanish Inquisition, nobody expects getting assainated in broad daylight. But such is why you have Ramuron. To expect it so you don't have to.

Sorry! I thought we were saying something already happened between them to distance them!

My bad. I'll turn off "bitch stare".

By all means, stare at me as bitchiest as you please! I was just commenting my amusement, not objecting.

We did indeed agree that things were strained between them, we just never got to why.

Well Kitava can shove it. Just like the Spanish Inquisition, nobody expects getting assainated in broad daylight. But such is why you have Ramuron. To expect it so you don't have to.

By all means, stare at me as bitchiest as you please! I was just commenting my amusement, not objecting.

We did indeed agree that things were strained between them, we just never got to why.
Yeah. I figured we'd learn why through play as a fun emergent thing. Delicious.

Editing again! LOL.

Taera waits for her sister and the rest to move down the gang plank and onto the dock before following. She gives her husband an exasperated, yet cold look as they proceed. A look that shows he still has access to her true feelings, but is still says, "Don't fucking talk to me."

[Pass]

Yeah. I figured we'd learn why through play as a fun emergent thing. Delicious.

Editing again! LOL.
Works for me! I'll be sure to think of something equally humiliating and scandalous he did to waifu to get her that ticked off.

Like maybe he was being stubborn, and she tried to stab him, and it didn't work out all that well for her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back