• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice The Redux of the Tale of a Falling Empire - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Well let's see. She's the xianxia Icy Beauty, a bureaucrat and scholar, a Ragara so she's obscenely rich, a sorceress and an occultist so there will be weird and otherworldly phenomena following her.

Well let's see. She's the xianxia Icy Beauty, a bureaucrat and scholar, a Ragara so she's obscenely rich, a sorceress and an occultist so there will be weird and otherworldly phenomena following her.

Here is three to start us off. Also trying to somewhat match her little sister.

1b52929373e6108e840dc31d2a8c563b.jpg
412b8ebd5838f7653beffca8b83d190c.jpg
bd9ed4bf3c33202a14d4bfdf6f3edf7f.jpg

Dao-Cleaving Insight is back! I love that picture, but if I choose that one I should definitely choose Berengiere as her patron demon. I think the second picture fits best so far.

Anybody need help finding pictures while I'm picture hunting?
Oh, yes please. I've aged Ferela up a bit - she predates Kitava being the Satrap - but being Dragon Blooded that won't show too much. I'm picturing someone fairly slight and unassuming; maybe bookish, even - but with hints that's just a front. Dark blues would be nice. I'm actually not bothered about gender; I'd play the character as either male or female.

Oh, yes please. I've aged Ferela up a bit - she predates Kitava being the Satrap - but being Dragon Blooded that won't show too much. I'm picturing someone fairly slight and unassuming; maybe bookish, even - but with hints that's just a front. Dark blues would be nice. I'm actually not bothered about gender; I'd play the character as either male or female.

I got you covered mate! Females are easier to find than males, more options, so sticking with that. Slight, bookish, and blue are my main criteria. How are these?

399a6cfafc12c80243cde88900bb3189.jpg
5448fa7ec979c9da42f690db87bcf979.jpg
807acb578d7dedb87a1544b0e4f7c164.jpg
1f6c8dd4299a478c59d35a8b79ebcb8b.jpg

So good! Where do you get them from?

I think I'm leaning to the last one - there's a suggestion that that outfit is fashionable but protective (like the Silk Armour artifact); but I also really like the first two in your first post, and the lady with the brush in your second post.

Now I have a specific question on Soak and Serpent Form. The charms says (in part): "Set the Exalt’s soak equal to half Finesse, round down, before adding soak bonuses from other Charms.". Half Finesse, round down cannot be more than 2. An Exalt's base Soak is always 1, plus 1 if Fortitude is above 3 (mine isn't, but I'm gaining 1 from my Artifact Silk Armour), so it will often be 2 anyway. So that benefit seems... a bit pants. Am I reading it right?

So good! Where do you get them from?

I think I'm leaning to the last one - there's a suggestion that that outfit is fashionable but protective (like the Silk Armour artifact); but I also really like the first two in your first post, and the lady with the brush in your second post.
Pinterest mostly! I'm glad you like them!

Now I have a specific question on Soak and Serpent Form. The charms says (in part): "Set the Exalt’s soak equal to half Finesse, round down, before adding soak bonuses from other Charms.". Half Finesse, round down cannot be more than 2. An Exalt's base Soak is always 1, plus 1 if Fortitude is above 3 (mine isn't, but I'm gaining 1 from my Artifact Silk Armour), so it will often be 2 anyway. So that benefit seems... a bit pants. Am I reading it right?
I'd say you're meant to add the soak from your armour to your base soak after it's been set to half Finesse, so for you your total soak would be 3 once you activate Serpent Form, assuming that Ferela's wearing her armour. So if anything it's a straight up soak booster for you, plus you get a number of additional effects from the Charm, namely dice penalties to those attacking you, as well as the Enervate gambit.

I'd say you're meant to add the soak from your armour to your base soak after it's been set to half Finesse, so for you your total soak would be 3 once you activate Serpent Form, assuming that Ferela's wearing her armour. So if anything it's a straight up soak booster for you, plus you get a number of additional effects from the Charm, namely dice penalties to those attacking you, as well as the Enervate gambit.
Great, thanks (the Enervate gambit is a Celestial mode, so I don't get that; but there is the DB effect that weakens enemies)

Great, thanks (the Enervate gambit is a Celestial mode, so I don't get that; but there is the DB effect that weakens enemies)
Dang, forgot that we weren't playing Celestials here (They're probably the main ones the rest of us play).

D. Rex D. Rex I think you may have misinterpreted the number of tags on an artifact weapon:
All weapons have either the Melee or Ranged tag. Mundane equipment has up to two additional tags. Artifact equipment always gains the Artifact tag, and up to two more.

Looking at the example Artifact weapons, they're all like: "Artifact, Melee, Two-Handed, Smashing" - that is, the standard Melee, then Artifact and two more. Not Melee, two, Artifact, and a further two.

D. Rex D. Rex I think you may have misinterpreted the number of tags on an artifact weapon:

Looking at the example Artifact weapons, they're all like: "Artifact, Melee, Two-Handed, Smashing" - that is, the standard Melee, then Artifact and two more. Not Melee, two, Artifact, and a further two.
Yeah there's little to no word count on armor as well (mundane armor variants for each classification weren't even in the text). I suspect a lot of that will have to be homebrewed or hopefully be included either before final print, or in a companion supplement.

I dont think I fully follow.

I dont think I fully follow.
Well, I'm looking at the tags section myself, and here's what I see:

"All weapons have either the Melee or Ranged tag. Mundane equipment has up to two additional tags. Artifact equipment always gains the Artifact tag, and up to two more. Armors have up to two tags, adding Artifact if it was purchased as a Merit."
My impression there is that your weapon starts with either the Melee/Ranged tag, and you get your choice of two more tags if it's a mundane weapon, and three more if it's an Artifact one (two starting tags minus the tag you use for Artifact plus the two tags you get from having the Artifact tag). So essentially, Artifact equipment gets to have one more tag than mundane equipment. I hope that makes sense to everyone.

Yeah there's little to no word count on armor as well (mundane armor variants for each classification weren't even in the text). I suspect a lot of that will have to be homebrewed or hopefully be included either before final print, or in a companion supplement.
Yeah, there are only a handful of tags that can specifically be applied to armour (Artifact, Buoyant and Silent), and presumably you can apply Concealable as well. Though admittedly this is largely the same as standard 3E.

Yeah, Merits. Thinking of taking Contacts and making it like knowing the ins and outs of the underbelly of the satrapy.
Aye, Contacts isn't a bad idea. And besides that and your two planned Artifacts, perhaps Backing to represent membership in the All-Seeing Eye? Or alternatively a Hearthstone (I'm open to considering any from standard 3E)?

Chowlett Chowlett D. Rex D. Rex Random Word Random Word Rykon Rykon WlfSamurai WlfSamurai

Hey everyone. Just a quick check, but are any of you taking Resources to represent your Dynastic stipend?

Also, given the ages of some of your characters, have any of you had any thoughts regarding their marriages and children? These don't have to play any major parts in the Chronicle - you can say that your characters only meet their spouses once every two decades to produce children, and then arrange for said children to be taken care of by relatives - but I feel they should have at minimum a token acknowledgment, simply because of their role in the setting.

Last edited:
Chowlett Chowlett D. Rex D. Rex Random Word Random Word Rykon Rykon WlfSamurai WlfSamurai

Hey everyone. Just a quick check, but are any of you taking Resources to represent your Dynastic stipend?
Best I could do was a tertiary merit. Taking a weapon and command seemed more important for this concept. So I have it at 2 dots along with influence. If anything I thought about moving influence to the "advantage" bonus and taking a mount familiar, but I'm conflicted on whether or not I want to hold off for a 3 dot familiar.

Also, given the ages of some of your characters, have any of you had any thoughts regarding their marriages and children?
I'd been considering the issue, but I hadn't made any decisions on it just yet.

Well, I'm looking at the tags section myself, and here's what I see:

My impression there is that your weapon starts with either the Melee/Ranged tag, and you get your choice of two more tags if it's a mundane weapon, and three more if it's an Artifact one (two starting tags minus the tag you use for Artifact plus the two tags you get from having the Artifact tag). So essentially, Artifact equipment gets to have one more tag than mundane equipment. I hope that makes sense to everyone.

Yeah, there are only a handful of tags that can specifically be applied to armour (Artifact, Buoyant and Silent), and presumably you can apply Concealable as well. Though admittedly this is largely the same as standard 3E.

So I need to drop a tag, Then?

Also, given the ages of some of your characters, have any of you had any thoughts regarding their marriages and children? These don't have to play any major parts in the Chronicle - you can say that your characters only meet their spouses once every two decades to produce children, and then arrange for said children to be taken care of by relatives - but I feel they should have at minimum a token acknowledgment, simply because of their role in the setting.

I got resources 2. But I haven't decided whether my char is a dynast or not yet. So their desirability is in question until that is figured out.

As for marriage and kids:
I'm always down for some of the imperial relationship game. Sign me up. Figuring it out with a a fellow player is always fun, but I'm happy with a NPC if no one is interested.

With regards to the Resources question, I'm mostly asking because I'm wondering whether or not I should make it so that you don't have to take a Merit to represent your stipend, with the assumption that living expenses will be automatically taken care of within Kandara, and Resources instead representing additional income that your characters can spend without incurring their House's wrath.

So I need to drop a tag, Then?
Yeah, and one of your tags needs to be Melee. And if you want to use them for Earth Dragon Style, you need to keep the Smashing tag.

As for marriage and kids:
I'm always down for some of the imperial relationship game. Sign me up. Figuring it out with a a fellow player is always fun, but I'm happy with a NPC if no one is interested.
Nice. Any ideas you have in mind for your spouse?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back