• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Reboot: Modern Cast Edition (Working title)

The Silent Z

Just Here
Hello Folks,

I’m Steven Toast and I thought I’d pop in with a idea for a rp. Not sure if one like this has been done before, but since reboots of series and movies are now more and more common. Thought I’d try an idea for one, sort of.....

The idea is set around a cast of actors and actresses about to return to their old roles of a popular tv series that ran for years. Now older with much having changed since their breakout role, they are to return while living their lives and dealing with everyday issues they might have going on or families they might have started since then. Perhaps some have been out of the business since the show ended or went onto other roles in tv and movies or tried their hand in broadway or the music business or something else. Perhaps they've done well or spiraled out of control hitting rock bottom. Whatever might have become of them, the cast have agreed to reprise their role in a reboot and sequel of the series.....

The potential drama, old flames or grudges, laughs and stories to tell while catching up or simply showing up to work and portraying an old familiar role... The cast is back and story will be told once again.

………

Just a small glimpse for the moment, more details over time but the idea is set around actors and actresses with various kinds lives since the show ended, reuniting to reprise old roles for the Reboot of the show. The kind of tv show and genre itself.... I’m open to suggestions, kinda debating it myself. For example could be something like friends, full house, Star Trek, law & order, charmed, castle, psych or something else.

The Rp could be small group, fair size group or just a partnership pending the interest and such. If interested feel free to post and share ideas.

Hey! I love this idea! To be honest, the first thing I thought of was like a Friends reboot. A show where everyone was so close and all, with mixed relationships between them. I'd be totally down to join!

So I'm not the best at coming up with names, but here are a few ideas I had:
  • We Once Were Strangers
  • Companions in Cincinnati [or any C city name]
  • [My] Chosen Family
  • The Miracle of Friendship
  • Because Of You
Hopefully that at least gets us started XD

So I'm not the best at coming up with names, but here are a few ideas I had:
  • We Once Were Strangers
  • Companions in Cincinnati [or any C city name]
  • [My] Chosen Family
  • The Miracle of Friendship
  • Because Of You
Hopefully that at least gets us started XD
Lol, we’ve got that in common then, I’m horrible with coming up with names. (Thus my choice of title for the interest check. Xd)

2 & 5 I like. Cincinnati would be a nice and mostly unique choice as well. Only wkrp from the seventies used Cincinnati in title and location. Least of shows I know.

What about combining the two such as (Because of you, Cincinnati) or use (Because of you) and Cincinnati as the its it’s set in?

Ok cool! (Yeah, WKRP in Cincinnati was a comedy set in a radio station. Good show. I only know of it cause I watch a lot of older series and there is one channel set for playing old reruns of past era shows)

Haha nice! I might stick with Because of you, Cincinnati... Cause it’s catchy to me and Because of you has a few votes so far.

But might change pending what others think. I know my character will be a die hard bengals fan and reds though.

I am thinking for my character having a change of career after the show. During the show he had to play the cook of the group and he did research on it, he found he enjoyed it preferred over acting...He was typed casted anyways so he gave up acting and went into cooking becoming a chef. Of course he is also Bengal and reds fan.

Sounds like a great character imo. I have one character in mind, he kinda takes the downward spiral, hitting rock bottom member of the cast. A multi-talented, mildly charismatic, funny, sweetheart who started off as a reluctant child actor doing commercials to eventually small parts in movies and tv before his breakout role in the series this rp is based around. Parents became more greedy and living their dreams through him, that he was granted release from their guardianship at 15 and moved out on his own while graduating the following year and expanding his talents from acting to trying improv, stand up and forming a small band hoping to pursue other interests while becoming a well rounded actor and entertainer/performer. Discovering a love for the stage despite his parents. However sometime after the show ended it all seemed to collapse around him, band had a loud, chaos, fight ending break up, his casual drinking became a more serious drinking problem. Now he’s a former B-list star appearing down and out til getting another chance with the reboot.

And he too is a big sports fan, adopting Cincinnati as his home since moving their for the show during its first run and staying ever since. Marking him as a die-hard bengals, reds and university of Cincinnati fan. Though prefers the hornets over the cavs.

Perhaps a bit much there... but that’s a relatively clear idea for the character.

so gonna be honest: im a bit interested? not sure ill actually be able to join or anything- college starts up next week for me, and ive been having issues with replying timely for a while regardless, but i figured id at least say hi or something aha

Those ideas sound awesome you guys! I was thinking my girl started a music career, though that's not set in stone yet. ^^

Maybe rock!
Nice choice! Was thinking “name here” might be a pop/rock artist with occasional dabbles into the blues/jazz genre. So my guy doesn’t really have a set genre but mainly sticks to pop/rock himself. Might be interesting having two cast members with music ties.

Nice choice! Was thinking “name here” might be a pop/rock artist with occasional dabbles into the blues/jazz genre. So my guy doesn’t really have a set genre but mainly sticks to pop/rock himself. Might be interesting having two cast members with music ties.

Oooh, and what if my girl was kinda successful, maybe even reluctant to come back? But she does, and there could be some strife between YC and MC because YC was having his issues?

Just a thought.

Also, I'm not sure if you're planning on there being a discord, but if so you should totally make one so we can plan more! Or even an ooc thread!

Oooh, and what if my girl was kinda successful, maybe even reluctant to come back? But she does, and there could be some strife between YC and MC because YC was having his issues?

Just a thought.

Also, I'm not sure if you're planning on there being a discord, but if so you should totally make one so we can plan more! Or even an ooc thread!
Sounds awesome, honestly! I’m leaning towards ‘Dimitri Winters’ for MC’s name just for a semi-random FYI. While his old bands name was ‘Revel In It’ .

Hadn’t thought about it really... Just getting this interest check out and finding a name for character and rp was about as far as I got xd. I’ve got a discord though, making a chat server will be little to no issue. A OOC thread is just easy as well. Any preferences on which chat location we use? (Question to all joining us)

Sounds awesome, honestly! I’m leaning towards ‘Dimitri Winters’ for MC’s name just for a semi-random FYI. While his old bands name was ‘Revel In It’ .

Hadn’t thought about it really... Just getting this interest check out and finding a name for character and rp was about as far as I got xd. I’ve got a discord though, making a chat server will be little to no issue. A OOC thread is just easy as well. Any preferences on which chat location we use? (Question to all joining us)

I can use either happily, though I do tend to lean towards discord!

Love his name, btw. I still need to decide on a fc XD

I can use either happily, though I do tend to lean towards discord!

Love his name, btw. I still need to decide on a fc XD
Ok cool. That’s 1 vote discord so far.

Thanks! I haven’t even looked or thought about FC yet xd. Kinda thought of going a red haired guy just cause I haven’t done a red head of yet or much really. And red is less common usually for characters. But idk just talking aloud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back