• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Rebardi Effect (An Apocalypse Themed RP)

dandy

attention slut
The Rebardi Effect

Dr. James Rebardi. He was, at once, a normal man. A doctor. A husband and a father, a supportive one too. He had everything a normal man could desire: wealth, a family, a grand home, and a luxurious car. He was a happy man until the fateful day of August 27th, 2017, the day his wife and two beautiful daughters were killed in an unfortunate accident. Dr. Rebardi grew depressed and angry, for his family was everything to him. Everything seemed hopeless for the Doctor until a man, who simply wanted money from the Doctor, proposed a way to bring his beloved family back to him. The Doctor accepted, paid the man in great amounts and longed for the day his family was revived.

It took many months and a series of failed experiments before the man had a creation that actually brought the Doctor's family back to life. Dr. Rebardi celebrated, tears of joy streaming down his face as he saw his dear family rise on the metal tables they lied on. He leaned in to hug his beautiful wife, her face terrible pale, her stink of death still remaining and her body terribly cold from the freezer she stayed in for the months that passed.

A moment later, his screams pierced the air, muffled by the sobs that escaped his body. Blood dripped down his shoulder from where his life had bitten him. He died quickly, be it because of the wounds or because of his heartache, nobody could know for sure. The man who had created such a device looked horrified, completely terrified at the idea that his own creation had caused such a horrible thing to happen. He fled the scene instantly and was nowhere to be seen since. He wouldn't witness what happened to the unfortunate doctor next. He wouldn't witness, as the hours went by, the doctor somehow turning into the same sort of creature his wife and two daughters had become. The man, you see, wouldn't realize for a while exactly what he had done.

- - -​

Months had passed since the incident happened and the country is in chaos. It's funny how quickly four strange undead-creatures can cause so much terror nationwide. Thousands upon thousands of people just like the unfortunate doctor had been bitten by these strange creatures - Zombies people were calling them. Thus, the Apocalypse had begun.

- - -​
This roleplay takes place a few months after Dr. Rebardi was bit, much of America's population has been converted into "Zombies." The roleplay will focus on a small group of people as they attempt to survive. I will discuss rules and whatnot when people have shown interest, but until then, this is what you get. This is my first attempt at creating a roleplay and, yes, Zombies are a bit cliche but I love the survival-esque plot. Please, let me know if you're interested!

Interesting plot. I'd love o know more of how they were brought back. Serum? Radiation? And how do they stay alive after revitalization? And the bite-transfer?

Interesting plot. I'd love o know more of how they were brought back. Serum? Radiation? And how do they stay alive after revitalization? And the bite-transfer?

I haven't found an idea for that I want to use 100% but I'm thinking about basing the revival process based on an actual scientific study taking place in India or something. The idea I have so far goes something like this: the man who helped Dr. Rebardi, who was able to get access to medical supplies because of the doctor, injects the deceased brains with stem cells and a collection of peptides. Of course, it isn't possible in real life, but in the story, it brings back the Doctor's wife and children, just not in the way they wanted. I still need to think about that more.

They stay alive, maybe, because the stem cells and peptides cause their bodies to function somewhat like a healthy human. I was thinking about straying from the general Zombie description and making the Zombies more human-like than monsters. Their heart will operate, their limbs will function find. The only difference will be their brain. They will be somewhat like a brain-dead person who can still walk and function relatively normally. Though these zombies to not engage in intercourse, the zombies may even be able to procreate, that's how much they can function.

As for it spreading and causing the bitten to turn into a Zombie-like creature as well, I was thinking something to do with either infection because of the bite or something that only these Zombies carry being transferred into the bodies of the bitten and spreading throughout the bloodstream.

I still need to think about this a lot and was considering having the roleplay going and perhaps having the man, if the group were to ever find him, explain everything in detail. Any thoughts or suggestions?

I haven't found an idea for that I want to use 100% but I'm thinking about basing the revival process based on an actual scientific study taking place in India or something. The idea I have so far goes something like this: the man who helped Dr. Rebardi, who was able to get access to medical supplies because of the doctor, injects the deceased brains with stem cells and a collection of peptides. Of course, it isn't possible in real life, but in the story, it brings back the Doctor's wife and children, just not in the way they wanted. I still need to think about that more.

They stay alive, maybe, because the stem cells and peptides cause their bodies to function somewhat like a healthy human. I was thinking about straying from the general Zombie description and making the Zombies more human-like than monsters. Their heart will operate, their limbs will function find. The only difference will be their brain. They will be somewhat like a brain-dead person who can still walk and function relatively normally. Though these zombies to not engage in intercourse, the zombies may even be able to procreate, that's how much they can function.

As for it spreading and causing the bitten to turn into a Zombie-like creature as well, I was thinking something to do with either infection because of the bite or something that only these Zombies carry being transferred into the bodies of the bitten and spreading throughout the bloodstream.

I still need to think about this a lot and was considering having the roleplay going and perhaps having the man, if the group were to ever find him, explain everything in detail. Any thoughts or suggestions?
Hi, I find this to be a bit confusing and I may need some clarification.

If the zombies are able to function in a manner similar to living breathing homo sapiens, exactly how different are their brains? Is it just similar to someone simply going insane and attacking another person? Do the zombies lose cognitive reasoning, which explains why they're attacking others? It's just difficult for me to wrap my head around, but that's probably because you included procreation. I just don't see procreation as something that fits in logically because I feel like being able to procreate involves some type of cognitive intelligence or at least a basic understanding/wiring for the process. Then that would bring in the case of why the zombies are attacking if they are able to put two-and-two together.

Don't know if that makes sense. I rambled a bit and I'm probably just overthinking (or missed the entire point). Sorry. LOL

Hi, I find this to be a bit confusing and I may need some clarification.

If the zombies are able to function in a manner similar to living breathing homo sapiens, exactly how different are their brains? Is it just similar to someone simply going insane and attacking another person? Do the zombies lose cognitive reasoning, which explains why they're attacking others? It's just difficult for me to wrap my head around, but that's probably because you included procreation. I just don't see procreation as something that fits in logically because I feel like being able to procreate involves some type of cognitive intelligence or at least a basic understanding/wiring for the process. Then that would bring in the case of why the zombies are attacking if they are able to put two-and-two together.

Don't know if that makes sense. I rambled a bit. Sorry. LOL

Nah, you make perfect sense. I hadn't exactly thought much of the process of revival, conversion and whatnot. I don't find it very necessary to the plot so I figured I'd leave it be for now and explore some reasons for it later. Yes, the zombies lose /most/ cognitive reasoning. I really just included the fact that they could procreate to kind of show just how functional their bodies really are. Of course, they have no sexual urges and can't think to have intercourse.

I dunno, I'm really not an intelligent person and trying to make a reasonable explanation to why zombies are roaming around eating people is rather difficult, if you ask me. The reason they crave flesh - be it animal or human - might be because, while much of the brain is useless, there are some areas in the brain that become active once they're revived. The hypothalamus (yes, I looked that up) remains an active part of the brain, which compels the zombie to eat. The zombie doesn't actually think "Oh, I'm hungry, I should eat," it simply feels hunger and therefor eats whatever it sees moving.

Makes sense? I dunno. Logic is hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back