• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Rain- taxi RP

Starwalker123

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Parrot Parfait Parrot Parfait
The wind and rain drove down on the pavement. The teen stood on the sidewalk, hands shaking in the cold. This wasn't the way they had thought they would spend the night but now they would hail a taxi and hope they could get a ride to the little house outside of town where maybe just maybe there would be a place for them. Green eyes flicked over the road crowded with the cars. The teen shouldered the bag as the taxi pulled up and they pulled open the door shutting it as they slid into the seat tossing the bag across the seat. “Would you be willing to take me to the Valley Inn just outside of town, i know its past where taxi’s normally run but i can pay.”

For the first day on the job, a heavy downpour was the perfect way to start out. However, until I could find a proper job, driving taxi service was my best bet to paying off interest on my loan. As I drive down the busy street, I notice a teenager at the edge of the sidewalk, prompting me to pull over and allow them to open the door.

“Would you be willing to take me to the Valley Inn just outside of town, i know its past where taxi’s normally run but i can pay.”

"Eh, no problem," I answer, "I got nothing else better to do other than drive around town, anyways." With that, I bring up the small GPS and punch in the coordinates. After what seems like forever, the path finally lights up, allowing me to turn on the meter and ease into traffic. A few minutes pass before I finally get onto the freeway towards the edge of the city.
"So," I say, breaking the silence, "What're doing outside of town? You don't have to give anything specific or anything, just curious."

Last edited:
The teen relaxed as the car started to roll forward slowly picking up speed. The kid leaned back as the driver spoke, "Thank you, i know its a ways so you didn't have to do it and I'll tip you for it." The teen pulled down the hood and dug in the back pack before the driver spoke again. "An old family friend owns the inn." The kid bite at there lip hard running a hand through the blond hair still damp form the rain. Was it really running if no one carried where you where going.

Last edited:
"Huh, that's kinda nice," I respond, as I look at the back mirror and then at the left window as I begin to change lanes. In that moment, I notice the pained expression on his face. I turn back to watch the road.

"Rough day, huh?" I ask, "not any better with the rain all over the place." As if the mock me, the rain started pouring down even harder. I puff out my cheeks a little out of annoyance before muttering a few curses.

"kinda, havent seen them in a while." The boy grabbed a bottle of water form the bag and took a drink, "You could say that more like a rough week. " the kid sighed as he replaced the bottlle. His stomach grumbled it had been longer than 12 hours since he had eaten . "Its not my fault through i think that has more to day with my parents and them not getting me . hopefully this is the restart and that our friends will have me."

"Oof," I wince a bit, "family issues, huh? Can't really relate too much to that, but you do have my sympathies." I pause for a moment, tapping the steering with my index and doing a bit of a duck face at the awkward situation I turned to. "So... what're considering doing in the future? Any jobs or the such catch your fancy? I know I'm asking one of the cheesy high school questions, but given your state, I couldn't help but ask."

"Thats one way of putting it " the boy said, the boy cracked a weak simle, "funny you should say that but i wanted to be a vet but im not sure now all things consdiered. I love animals but without my parents thats just a pipe dream"

"Eh, I don't think that dream is too far off," I encourage. "You could probably work at the animal pound or a pet shop for a while. Mhmm... also do some studying in the meanwhile, take classes at one of the community colleges around here. If you set your mind to it, you could even learn everything on the internet." When another thing appears on my mind, I give a wide smile. "If you can, try applying for UC Davis. I come from California, you see. While I haven't personally attended Davis, I have heard that they have a great vet program." A warm glow surrounds my face as I talk about the UC colleges, despite me remembering the, erm, flaws with their system. "I also heard they're no longer taking SAT scores, so you also have that."

The boy let out a weak smile, "True and I am sure where ever i end up i'll find a way to have animals in my life." the boy smiled, "The internet can be a wonderful place. I took online classes last year while in high school. I mean I'm almost done with an aa and with high school so in theory i could finish it online. they do have a good program." the boy nodded, "That's true, there is that." The boy leaned back feeling calmer as they talked. "I want to do large animals mostly but honestly I wouldn't be against any animals." there was a pang in his gut. The thing that hurt most about leaving was living there animals behind

I nod slightly as I take the exit onto the next freeway. I ponder for a moment about what he said before shooting him another question. "Large animals? Do you mean the exotic kind like lions and rhinos, or do you mean farm animals?"

"Farm animals horses mostly. " The image of a gray stallion flickered across his mind and the boys hand reached on impulse for the dead phone in his pocket. it had had dead almost as long ago as he had gotten a meal, "There's this horse back home and i think in a way he is the reason I helped nurse him back to heal when he was just a small baby. all spindly legs and attitude he was this ball of will power that wouldn't be denied." The boy leaned forward, "Horses are a way of life in my family"

"Wow," I blurted, "I can see why you're a little bit more than bummed out right now." I pause for a moment to carefully select my next words. I could tell that he very much attached to that horse as well as the farm he stayed at. I felt a little bit bad for the young boy with his current situation. "Wow," I give an awkward chuckle, "I'm not quite sure if I can give you adequate advice. I'm definitely more of a techy person than an animal person, but I do know that horses are expensive." Without thinking, I let out the potentially sensitive question. "What's up with you and your parents?"

"for sure." The boy closed his eyes and leaned back , "Haha of course you are not everyone is an animal person. They really are ." The boy sighed biting his lip., "My boyfriend. That's what at least that's what the last straw. He is trans and i think that threw them more than anything. " the boy bite his lip, "He is coming out here to met me in few days i guess we will figire it out from there."

"Eh," I say, somewhat regretting that I dug a little bit too deeply, "good luck to you on getting things sorted out. Things get difficult when you don't get the support of your parents, not that they should always support everything, but..." I wave a hand as if to wipe away my previous words. "Anyways, I really do hope you and your mate are able to start a new life. Though, if you can, try to keep in contact with your parents. Even though they might not accept your relationship, you're still their son, and checking in with them will show that you still care about them," I pause for a moment, "Also, pra-," I pause midword, "eeuhhh, nevermind." I awkwardly trail off for a bit before going silent.

"i dont plan to not keep in touch, i have younger siblings and plus i have horses to check in on." The boy said. As if on cue a bolt of lightneg rang across the sky.

"'Oly crap!" I let out as the lightning rings across the sky. Somehow, I manage to keep the car steady despite my shock. "Sorry about that. I'm not really used to thunderstorms." As I say that, I notice up ahead that traffic began to pile up. "Aw man, seriously?" A few moments later, traffic is almost to a standstill, prompting me to take a closer look at the gps. For a few seconds, it's as blue as the sky, and then without warning, the path became a dark red with the accursed traffic sticker half-a-mile ahead.
"Grrr!" I hiss before letting out a sigh. "Looks like there's an accident not too far ahead of us. Looks like it'll be a 10-15 minute delay from here on out. Anything else you'd like to talk about? Love, education, crypto?" I pause for a moment before an idea pops into my mind, "How about horses? I personally haven't any experience with them other than the Secretariat and Sea Biscuit movies." I pause for a moment, "That and also daily bus rides near smelly horse stables."

The lightneg danced with the rumbles of thunder. "its all good storms remind me of home. " The traffic backing up fit the mood of the night, "yep." he rolled his eyes. The road had all but gone to a stand still., "I had a feeling that was going to happen, its always like this at night." The boy leaned back on the seat. "Maybe not love" When he mentioned horses and the movies his eyes light up, "The greats. I mean when you hung out with Racehorses like me those ones are favorites. When i wasnt helping train them or grooming, i was reading and watching anything related to that. "

As the kid continued talking, the traffic crawled forward like a catapillar. "Wow, I know that you said earlier that you worked with horses, but still, I still think it's pretty cool that you do. Like, those things are taaaall. You need a stool or something to get on top of them. Speaking of which, how's it like working with them?"

"In a racing saddle its always a leg up cause you can pull the saddle off if you jump up. So i hung out with racehorses, so basically like giant dogs. They can be hyper and sometimes its like having a kite on the end of the rope. Its the most freeing feeling to get to ride. When your up on a fast horse no one can touch you. You and the horse are one being even when there is other horses out there you dont really see them"

I look at the back mirror as the kid talks. Though he still looks kinda miserable, I could tell he was certainly enjoying himself talking about horses. "That sounds like a pretty magical experience right there. Maybe one of these days, when I have a decent paying job, I'll go horseback riding. Though, I'll probably never get to the speeds you've experienced. Probably wouldn't be able to handle it," I say giving a nervous chuckle. "Not that I'd personally do it, but have you ever considered being a horse jockey? I'm just a bit curious."

"It is pretty magical and you should its fun. Haha i kind of was raised in the saddle, my first horse was this old former racer she was kind of a handle even then through . Like my dad was throwing me up on what ever even as a toddler or pulling me up with him to ride. " the boy simled, "Will im too tall i would have been a good one tell that happened though." he chuckled, " You have to be light and short to go vary far in that field."

"I did hear about that. Something about not weighing down the horse too much if I remember correctly. You'd probably work better as a horse trainer or a horse doctor or something close to that. Oh, by the way, do you need to charge your phone? I got a multi-plug charger if you need it."

"exactly . That's the field i would ideally want to be in . " The boy looked the driver over "Yes please i really do"

"Okay. Though, the cords are a bit short, so you'll have to hand me your phone if you're fine with that."

"Sure thing." he said as he held the phone out, "Its been dead for awhile. It would be good to check in with my boyfriend"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back