The Rail Cars

Eluscia continued to hold her head tightly, unaware of the older female crouching down in front of her slowly, not even taking in the rather obvious fact as the fire tower disappearing from view. "Make it stop!….. please, it hurts so bad!?….." She whispered quietly, tears still rolling down her face and dripping onto the ground below, "I wanna go home! I wanna-…. please stop?….." She continued quietly, sobbing to herself for a few moments before slowly opening her tear-filled eyes and looking at the girl in front of her for only a moment before suddenly grabbing out to her in a hug, holding on tightly as her body quivered, "Mommy…." She sobbed quietly into her, "Please don't leave me again…." She continued quietly, her tail still thrashing around as though she were in some kind of pain.

She was so skinny and frail, the uncertain ate even more rarely than those in the pack, and much more so than those in the order. The way she moved, her tone….. Right down to the strength of the hug, everything about her was like a small child that had somehow ended up lost and looking for their parents.

Meili Jin

Fire Embodiment

Mei was crouched in front of the girl, eyes wide. Nothing she'd said seemed to make it through whatever pain she was feeling, and even the absence of fire hadn't done anything. It was clear that this girl was in some sort of distress, but Mei couldn't tell what was causing it, and had no idea what to do about it. Most of her life, she had avoided people, preferring to be alone and unconnected. Therefore, she had never really learnt how to deal with emotional outbursts, or how to comfort others. The only time she could ever remember being comforted was by her mother, when she was little and had gotten sick. But somehow the idea of holding someone and singing to them struck her as wrong. After all, by her very nature, touching people caused them more pain. It didn't help.

As Mei was still wondering what she was supposed to do, she noticed that the girl was finally looking at her. Mei opened her mouth to speak, ready to ask what she needed, when the girl launched herself forward and, before Mei could react, wrapped her arms around her in a hug. Still weak and unsteady from her flare up, Mei found herself knocked back, instinctively bringing her arms up to the girl. For a moment, she sat this way, half-hugging her back.

"Uh," Mei said, glancing around desperately as if someone would appear out of nowhere to help her. "It's... It's okay? Um. I mean, I'm not your mom but... it's okay. I'm not going anywhere." Not while she was being held so tightly, anyway. Even if it would be incredibly easy to break the girl's hold. She was so frail, so fragile. Part of the reason Mei didn't push her away was the fear that she would break her. And the sheer childishness of the girl made it so that even her nakedness didn't seem to be an issue. 

With someone in such close proximity, Mei could feel herself begin to heat up again. Having just burnt herself out, however, it was no more than a few degrees. If she wanted to conjure fire any time soon, she would need to eat. Clearly, that was not an option at the moment, and at least it meant it was safe for the girl to hug her. Mei doubted that getting burnt by a hug would help the girl's mental state at all.

"Are you... okay?"

count the time until you're mine

they'll never know

oh, we'll compromise

the world outside just leaves us cold

[SIZE= 10px]@TheHappyPikachu[/SIZE]

Satiel Rex

Satiel continued moving about the train yard with his head in the clouds and held little focus on Tatiana as she continued taking pictures of this depressing looking place. Until suddenly he heard something strange. At first he thought it was just his ears tricking him but it turns out that Tatiana was off guard by this strange noise as well "What the hell?" she said in a confused yet terrified tone. She turned around, obviously with the intention of not wanting to engage with this weird animal and its snout? That's the best that Satiel could make out of it. He crouched down and approached it closely from a distance as he aimed his Glock at "it"...whatever it is. He then heard a small sounds something like "Ru?" the animal said in a strange voice. Satiel's senses triggered him to jump onto this strange creature and tried to wrestle it out of the tall grass. He tries to throw it aside in order to get a better look at it. Upon further inspection, Satiel did not know what to make of this creature. It was like the abomination between a lizard and a human? His paranoia began to increase as he aimed the glock straight at its head. "....Who are you..." he softly asked while expecting to not get any sort of answer from it. 

@Clairvoyance @Cheryl @TheHappyPikachu

Eluscia was still embraced in the half-hug of the girl as they began to speak, "I thought I lost you mom….." She whispered quietly, nuzzling her face closer into her as her fingers bent and grasped tightly to the girl as if scared she were going to slip away if her weak hold broke. "Do….. Do you promise….. that you're not gonna go anywhere?….." She asked in a stuttering and cautious tone, still under the impression that this girl was somehow her mum. Ru could feel the slight warmth being produced from the girl, but if anything it was comforting to her child-like mind, the fact that the female was naked didn't seem to bother her at all ether. Ru's clothes were slightly torn up and simply put covered in dirt, she didn't smell though, hybrids -even crazy ones like herself- could manage to find at least a little water to bath in if it were too dirty to drink.

'Stop fighting me!' 'No!?' 'Voice leave! voice hurts Ru!? who are you!? Why are you in my head!' 'I-…..' The voices wouldn't stop yelling in the girls head it felt like a bad headache. "Make it stop hurting….. Please mummy….." She said, lifting her head up a little to look into the woman's eyes with her own pained ones, "It hurts so bad….." Her voice was small small and weak, unlike the usual rambunctious Ru that the shark-girl had come to meet only a few minuets ago, after all…. It would be painful for your own sanity to battle against the madness consuming your mind, especially when the only sanity left was that of a small child's. When the woman asked if she was okay the girls face simply grew into an expression of more pain as she stayed silent and shook her head slowly. 

@import url('https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Cormorant|Cormorant+SC');
.stonemain8{
margin: auto;
height: 750px;
width: 65%;
border: 6px solid #461220;
background-color: #AA4751;
overflow: auto;
}
hr.stonehr8 {
border: 0;
height: 1px;
background-image: linear-gradient(to right, rgba(0, 0, 0, 0), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.75), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0));
}
.stoneimage8{
float: left;
margin-left: 30px;
margin-right: 20px;

margin-top: 20px;
}
.stonebox8{
overflow: auto;
background-color: #e8c9cc;
width: 60%;
height: 470px;
float: right;
margin-top: 20px;
margin-bottom: 20px;
margin-left: 20px;
margin-right: 30px;
text-align: left;
font-family: 'Cormorant', serif;
font-size: 20px;
color: black;
padding: 15px;
}

"If someone were to offer you the gift of a lifetime, tell them no. Trust me when I say that for what can initially be a blessing is very much a curse in disguise."

/monthly_2016_11/image.thumb.jpeg.01116e18af33b5efd1f3d78903878424.jpeg

Location:[SIZE= 28px] The Enclave || Archmage's Office[/SIZE]

The archmage was somewhat relieved that the girl didn’t have a huge outburst about her new additions. Most likely got that trait from her father she assumed. Yet when they both turned their eyes to her and asked what was next, she paused for a moment before beginning slowly. “Well, Salim we need to get you paired with a mentor so you can begin your training while I’ll get take Alyx and give her a room to make her own.” Her voice was sincere, not betraying her in the slightest. It was a perk of being in charge of so many people, altering the truth was dangerously simple. Kiraan would give the girl a room, yes. But to get Copper off of her back, she would allow him to look. For a moment and quickly, but enough for him to gather want he needed.

Tags: @shadowz1995

Salim nodded his head a few times before turning to his daughter and kneeling in front of her, so that they were eye level with each other. "Alright, mi amor. Just listen to her and we should be alright. I'll see you as soon as I meet this mentor of mine okay?" The daughter nods her head at her father and quickly wraps her arms around his neck. Salim returns the embrace warmly and whispers ever so softly in her ear, "Keep an eye out. I don't trust them yet." Alyx nodded her head a few times and cleverly replied, "I love you too papi. Be careful please." 

Salim wasn't sure how well the mind reading went so as soon as the words left his lips, he began singing some popular Spanish songs in his head just to keep himself occupied. Alyx merely thought of her uncertainty of the whole situation and didn't bother to hide her suspicion. She eyed the Archmage carefully and she looked less like a girl and more like a panther with the way she watched her. Between the Father-Daughter duo, Alyx was the more calculating of the two. She knew that being obvious with her suspicions was exactly the emotion one would normally have in such a strange scenario. 

The boxer kissed the top of Alyx's head and set off to the direction that the Archmage had sent him. A southern bell by the name of Katie, who apparently had the ability to manipulate kinetic energy. Not exactly the same, but apparently the concept on how to use the powers was more or less the same. It was the effects that were slightly different and their uses. 

"So where will I be staying Ms. Karaan?"

@StoneWolf18

Calvin O'Callaghan

Time: Morning

For a few seconds, Calvin merely sat on his idling ATV, stunned. What the fuck had just happened? Then he remembered Alex lying on the ground nearby and hastily cut the engine. Ripping his helmet off, he peered over his handlebars, grinning nervously, and praying to God-Almighty that he hadn’t just run over one of his old pals.

When he saw Alex finally begin to stir, he sat back in the saddle and laughed out loud in relief.

”Alex! You crazy son-of-a-bitch! What part of ‘Run’ didn’t you understand?” he sputtered at last. “Holy Jesus …“

But even as he scolded the latter, he found that he couldn’t stop laughing. It really was just like old times. A fragmented piece of the old him that he’d been questing to get back for so long that all he could do was sit in awe that he was even smiling again. When he'd first come back to Greyholm after his stent in the penitentiary, it was like walking back in the shoes of a stranger. The things that had once identified him were gone. His position, his lover, and the little girl that might have once been the jewel of his eye. They were all lost because of one moment of red-eyed stupidity.

And it had consumed him. Those months he had sat in his cell and in that counseling chamber were spent thinking about one single thing:

How could he make it up to them? How could he get on top once more? 

Shaking the latter thought away, he climbed over the side of the ATV and made a bee-line right for his old friend. He extended his hand.

”And I got it all on film, too! Better wave, brother, cause you’re going to be a star one day when I take an axe to this place.“

He looked around at the rusty train-cars all around them, moss-ridden and ancient – they sure as hell were creepy, but he wouldn’t be here if they weren’t.

“So,” he said after a moment. “I assume you’re not too busted up to enjoy a beer or two? I got something to show you.” 

@Prizzy Kriyze

Tatiana Morning

- - -

"What the hell?!" Tatiana exclaimed, jumping a step back from the extremely disturbing creature. It looked almost like a girl, but at the same time it looked like someone had spliced her together with some kind of animal. Something about her was...wrong, unnerving. Messing with mother nature was always a bad move, but something like what seemed to have been done to this girl was downright horrifying. Then again, gene splicing didn't exist outside of games and movies. They weren't in the middle of Bioshock or something. Perhaps she was part of a movie set, and the strange snout and fins was part of an extremely well-made costume.

Before Tatiana could think of a reply, Satiel jumped into action. He wrestled it to the ground, grunting as he struggled to pin the short thing down. Then, after grabbing onto her/it, he threw the thing to the ground. The handgun - which had never left his grip, disturbingly enough - was immediately pointed at the woman-creature's forehead, and Satiel spoke to it quietly. "Who are you?" He said, his voice low and menacing. Tatiana stepped forward, feeling uneasy. "Satiel, please put the gun down. W-We don't know wha- er, who she is, and...to be honest, you seem a little trigger-happy. We don't need a gun to figure this out." She turned to the creature, kneeling awkwardly and staying a few meters away. "I-...are you some kind of actress, or performer? Are there others around in costumes as well?" Tatiana couldn't accept that there seemed to be something otherworldly going on. Logically, this woman had to be a part of some new sci-fi movie or short film, and the fins and snout were part of a very well-made costume.

- - -

Interactions: Satiel Rex (@Zareh), Charlotte Lawrence (@Cheryl)

Edited Friday at 10:31 PM by Clairvoyance

The moment Charlotte saw the two blurry figures go still she knew she had made a mistake of sticking her head out, there being no way she could run away from them. All she did for a couple seconds was stare at them, mind blank on what to do. Before she decided to slowly crawl out of the bush the figure who was shaped more like a man had pounced onto her, frightening the hybrid half to death. Charlotte squeaked when she was pushed onto the ground. She didn't try to fight back at all as she knew that if she appeared to be a threat to the person, someone who could be one of those mages, she would quickly be knocked out or even killed. However her shark instincts told her to snap back at the man and forced her to smack her tail against him, not that it did much.

"Please don't hu-" she was thrown away to the side before she could finish her sentence. Although Charlotte hadn't been thrown back far she still made quite the impact when she hit the ground, Gasping in surprise and pain, her vision jittered when she made contact with the ground, her back aching. Charlotte was stunned from what was happening, making her simply gape at the two people staring at her. Although she couldn't quite make out what it was, Charlotte had a gut feeling that whatever the man was holding that it was some kind of gun. It was small, but it was still aimed right at her and with one small movement he could kill her. Luckily before the man could make any more aggressive moves towards her the woman seemed to be more on Charlotte's side, asking him to put the gun down. At least that what she thought she heard, but she could've heard wrong.

Besides from her somewhat friendlier approach the woman stayed a couple metres away from her despite the fact that Charlotte looked the opposite from intimidating right then. The shark had curled up into a small ball and was trembling, her arms wrapped around her dull brown tail. Realising that she had been asked a question Charlotte raised her head up and stuttered "C-costumes?" . Slowly she shook her head, not knowing how she could talk to the two without either of them attacking her again. She tried talking but the only sounds she could make was some odd croaking sound, forgetting how to speak with the gun pointed at her. Waiting a couple seconds to regain her composure, Charlotte mumbled "I'm not an actor." . She didn't know what to say to them now, was she supposed to be friendly? Aggressive? Neutral?

"M-my name is Charlotte Lawrence. I'm not an actor. I a-... used to be a human." she began listing who she was while staring down at her fingers, noticing how they were still like human hands. Looking straight at the two people, she asked them "Are you people too? O-or are you one of those... mages around here?".

Watching the insectoid Hybrid flee made Jess let out a mocking growl, her grey eyes watching him disappear in the maze of rail cars before she turned her attention back to Syvannis, raising an eyebrow at her.

"You're implying they'll live to tell the tale, not everyone here is just trying to survive, the guys who turned us into monsters definitely won't let their little science experiment go to waste simply by letting people find out what they're doing here. If anything THEY'd need our help. But for them we're all just monsters, not like they'd greet us with open arms or anything." Jess scoffed, her long ears twitching annoyed as she exchanged glances with Quinn.

"What do you think? Should we trust her? I've...." Only for Jess' stomach to interrupt her, growling like an angry beast, reminding her just what they had been trying to do in the first place as Jess just bared her teeth with an annoyed grunt.

"Ugh, I should've just slept through the goddamn day..." The bat hybrid cursed as she rested her clawed hand on her face.

@Isune @Petroshka

(Sorry for the short post. I'm still somewhat sick and trying to get out own lil' plot involved in the greater scheme)

Tatiana Morning

- - -

Tatiana furrowed her brows and shook her head as Charlotte spoke, not understanding. "I...I don't get it, how can you possibly be anything but an actress?" She scoffed, standing and throwing her hands in the air. "It is scientifically im-fucking-possible for something like you're suggesting you are to exist. And what the hell do you mean 'mages'? Like wizards, from Harry Potter? Don't even fucking start with me." Tatiana began to feverishly pace back and forth. She was in the middle of a trainyard with a crazy man waving a gun around and a supposed mutant creature, and it didn't seem like some kind of joke or reality show was going on. Her logic-based brain was beginning to go into freak-out mode.

Suddenly though, Tatiana stopped pacing. "The air..." She mumbled. "It has to be the air. Maybe I got a faulty air-reader-thing, and I've been breathing in all kinds of chemicals and fumes and whatever the fuck. Everything I'm seeing must be some kind of figment of my imagination, or it's all so horribly warped from reality that I can't see what's real." Not stopping to consider that she felt perfectly fine, Tatiana promptly turned back to Satiel and spoke, "I-I think I'm going to take a long walk back home. Please, don't pick me up or try to give me a ride. I need to...clear my head, I guess." She was clearly shaking as she spoke, but didn't falter, and quickly turned to leave. She couldn't handle this place anymore.

As she got further and further away from the two figures, one tall and one short, Tatiana took and a deep breath and sighed. She'd known all along that coming to the railroad had been a bad idea, but she hadn't listened to herself. Hopefully she wouldn't get cancer or some other horrible disease from whatever it was that she'd been breathing in. She passed by Satiel's truck as she left the grounds, giving it a stray glance as she walked away. She hoped she'd never see it again, because it would just remind her of everything that had happened.

- - -

Interactions: Satiel Rex (@Zareh), Charlotte Lawrence (@Cheryl)

(I'm super sorry, this was such an awkward and dumb way to write her out tbh. I hope I didn't like ruin it for y'all... :( )

Users who are viewing this thread