width: 65%;
border: 6px solid #461220;
background-color: #AA4751;
overflow: auto;
}
hr.stonehr8 {
border: 0;
height: 1px;
background-image: linear-gradient(to right, rgba(0, 0, 0, 0), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.75), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0));
}
.stoneimage8{
float: left;
margin-left: 30px;
margin-right: 20px;

margin-top: 20px;
}
.stonebox8{
background-color: #e8c9cc;
width: 60%;
height: 470px;
float: right;
margin-bottom: 20px;
margin-left: 20px;
margin-right: 30px;
text-align: left;
font-family: 'Cormorant', serif;
font-size: 20px;
color: black;
padding: 15px;
}

"If someone were to offer you the gift of a lifetime, tell them no. Trust me when I say that for what can initially be a blessing is very much a curse in disguise."

/monthly_2016_11/image.thumb.jpeg.01116e18af33b5efd1f3d78903878424.jpeg

Location:[SIZE= 28px] The Enclave || Archmage's Office[/SIZE]

They remained silent until Copper returned, eyeing the hybrid as he then began asking what had caused the damage. ‘He can manipulate sound, quite clearly, to a deafening point.’ Grimacing as the fluid was inserted within her ears, it hurts as if he were stabbing through them with a screwdriver. Yet ignoring the feeling, she continued to speak, conversing with the alchemist only. ‘You are not to touch or experiment on her after this point. Not unless I allow you to IF I ever do give such permission. Do I make myself clear?’ Her gaze had been directed towards the man’s mask, and knowing where his eyes were, she gave him a sharp glare. He wasn’t fully aware of her undecided stance on hybrids, no one was for it could mean the end of her position as archmage. Yet even if he grew suspicious, she couldn’t risk another outburst from Salim if his daughter was taken away as he might just deafen the entire Order considering how strongly he felt the need to protect her. Unbelievably strong was the love a parent had for their child.

Last edited by a moderator:
Salim was still completely enraged but once the Archmage reached into his mind and used the "off" switch, Salim shook his head a few times. The unwanted entrance catching him off guard. It was then that the boxer took a moment to actually look around the room and realized that everything had been blown over or shifted out of place. 

It took a moment to process but he eventually realized it was his doing. The telepath's bleedinf ears and mental message to him confirming what he was suspecting. Chances are she couldn't hear him at this point but just as Salim was about to speak, someone else entered the room. A man in robes and a mask entered the room. The man began to eye his daughter and by some force of nature, Salim already knew this man wanted to do something to her.

It no longer mattered about the Archmage's ears or this entire damn order. Salim quickly crossed in between the masked mage's sight of his hybrid daughter and he extended his arms, in a protective manner. The fury still burning his facial expression, causing his large, muscular arms to tremble with anger. The message was quite clear, even without reading thoughts. Still, the protective father spoke.

"Lay a single FINGER on my daughter and I will fucking kill you. Me entiendes?! Te mato como si fueras un pero! Te mato!"

The entire situation was bad enough but, at least in Salim's mind, it was only getting worse. To him, he needed revenge on the bastard who did this to their family but he needed some kind of back up. Now he didn't know if the "back up" was going to experiment on his daughter as well. 

No, he would never allow such a thing. She was here with him now. 

"I'll leave. I won't pose a threat to any of you and I'll try to find the fucker who did this. But please, leave my daughter out of this..." It was said with the same fury but Salim's voice broke at the end. Despite his anger, he was practically begging.

@Archdemon

@StoneWolf18

Copper looked at Kiraan "I understand but I never was going to experiment on her, and I do need to check and see if she is fine. If this man knows how to manipulate sound then he might of accidentally hurt her. I need to examine her for damage, though it would be best in my lab. You can come and watch me if you don't trust me."

He turned to the man "Kill me and everything that can go wrong will. I won't do anything to her, I'm just trying to see if your daughter is hurt and if I need to heal her. We're all victims here, you're not the only ones affected by the person who did this. I would warn against leaving, the other hybrids might kill you, whether you like it or not we're all in the same situation. Now if you can let me do my job, I'll see to it that your daughter is taken care of and hopefully she can wake up today."

@StoneWolf18 @shadowz1995

@import url('https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Cormorant|Cormorant+SC');
.stonemain8{
margin: auto;
height: 750px;
}
hr.stonehr8 {
background-image: linear-gradient(to right, rgba(0, 0, 0, 0), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.75), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0));
}
.stoneimage8{

}
.stonebox8{
}

"If someone were to offer you the gift of a lifetime, tell them no. Trust me when I say that for what can initially be a blessing is very much a curse in disguise."

'Enough!' She examined within both of their minds, her voice strained. Moving stand partially in between them, she was glad she had such a convenient ability. Turning to focus on the proper mage, she commanded 'Copper, you are you leave this room immediately and are not to return until I say, I will look her over for any possible wounds. Don't make me reprimand you.' Her attention switching to Salim, her tone softened but still held very clear agitated notes. 'If you would allow me, I would like to check to see if you damaged her hearing as well. If you managed to render me deaf, her ears are now much more sensitive and could result in the effects being permeant unless something is done.' Falling silent, she did have another reason for looking Alyx over, specifically that she had been unconscious for quite some time, but she feared that would only make the situation much worse should she have told the girl's father.

"Ow." The boxer winced at the sudden yell in his mind. That actually hurt. 

Salim clearly didn't hear what was said to the masked mage but when Kiraan turned to him, he kept silent. Her words rang unbearably true and Salim quickly turned around to began examining his daughter. Having gotten hurt all the time as a kid (and as an adult), he had to learn how to lick his own wounds and while it wasn't professional training, it was somewhat experienced. 

Alyx didn't seem to have much on the surface besides a few scratches and bruises, one just above her eyebrow that was fresh. Unbeknownst to him, it was when she dropped like a sack of potatoes outside the door. It was probably fortunate he didn't know that was the cause. Would have just made things worse. 

Salim then looked into her new feline ears and did see a light trickle of blood coming out of the entrance. It appears he had damaged them somewhat but it didn't look as bad. After all, it was much more difficult to damage the hearing of a child than it was to damage the hearing of an adult. The ear degraded over time as you got older and became easier to damage. 

Still, the boxer looked his daughter over and over again. He motioned for the Archmage to come closer, giving her permission to examine her but verbally saying, "If you ASK, you can get a lot out of me." He said harshly. Salim was a kind man but he never took kindly to orders or people saying they were going to do what they wanted. Especially when it came to his daughter. With all the things going on at once, it was a matter of handling the situation with a gentle touch. An angered, panicked, and recently powered up, protective father was not someone you wanted talk to without some tact.

"You can do your job when you give me your WORD, as a man, that no harm will come to her. You will not do anything to her that may cause some kind of negative impact."

Salim hadn't heard the order to have him leave, so this naturally came from his mouth. Having been calmed some by the Archmage's polite tone did enable him to see some measure of sense. 

@Archdemon

@StoneWolf18

"DON'T!..Don't try to play dumb, I know your scent, you've stolen from us before...." Jess growled, her voice throaty and raspy as if she had been smoking her entire life. Adjusting her weight on Azir the hybrid's hands pressed him into the ground, roughly pinning him to the ground with strength you wouldn't expect from a lanky bat hybrid.

Lowering her torso Jess' face came dangerously close to Azir's own, her lips shifting into a snarl as her cold eyes rested on Azir..

"You think you're so witty, stealing from your own kind. Instead of carrying the weight together you seem to simply reap the benefits like some carrion feeder. I do not tolerate this kind of behavior...But you're not one of us." With these words the bat-creature's hunched form obstructed Azir's view of the sky, her unhinged jaws coming closer and closer to his exposed neck as the open wounds on Azir's back beckoned her to take a taste of flesh for herself, instinct clouding human judgement and rendering any reason Jess had left mute...

(A bit shorter, the guy needs some help so get unto it!)

@Eternitycode @Petroshka

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Azir Narset[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]    [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]As the Hybrid mocked him for his own flaws, Azir couldn't help but feel a very defensive tug. Through the tinges of fear and panic, he felt something surprising like rage and blame.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]    [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Then her last sentence hit a nerve, and Azir instinctively lashed out. To no avail of course, but he didn't care at this point; no logical thoughts occurred in his brain, other than pure instinct.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]    [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“Not one of us?” Azir spat, his blue eyes flashed with both shock and the fact that he found this sentence more than hilarious and he gave a violent jerk.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]    [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Look[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] at you. Are you proud of what you are?” Azir snarled, the blood pounding through his brain, “are you proud to be an [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]animal[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]. No,[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] less[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] than animal?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]    [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]The male gave another tug on the steely grip as tried his best to shift away from the unhinging jaws.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]    [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“Don't you find yourself [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]disgusting[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]? Do you even know what [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]you are[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]? And you're[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] proud [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]of this?” Azir snapped, each sentence finding a mark. “are you proud of encouraging people, us..... to be.... this [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]thing,[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] we can avoid?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]    [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Azir stared at his offender coldly, none less than disgust found its way up his features.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]    [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“I'm glad I'm not one of you!” Azir spat once more, before continuing in a whisper, “because you are less than an animal. You're a freak, and you don't admit it.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]    [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]A freak.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]    [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Azir inhaled sharply as he felt the jaws edging uncomfortably close to his windpipe, and he jerked his head away from the threatening rows of ivory teeth to the best of his abilities.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]    [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“Do you think I'm proud of [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]what [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]I am? I'd gladly be elsewhere, if it weren't for this damned experiment.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]    [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]There was a moment of silence, before Azir spat out another sentence, with so much venom, he couldn't believe he was the one to declare those words.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]    [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“You're everything that went wrong with humanity.”[/SIZE]

@Vampunk @Petroshka

Tatiana Morning

- - -

It was obvious that Satiel wasn't in the mood to talk, as he brushed off all of Tati's attempts at conversation. Something was bothering him, she could see that, but it wasn't her place to ask. Besides, she had her own baggage. She didn't need to go and carry someone else's too.

By now, they had come a good ways into the trainyard. There didn't seem to be much else to see,but she could be wrong. She led the pair further along, camera safely stowed away at this point, simply  searching for any other unique areas.

After another ten or so minutes of walking, the tracks broke up and disappeared into a dense grassy area. It seemed strangely quieter in the area, as if someone had told all the animals to stay quiet. The only thing she could hear was the grass whooshing in the wind. Sighing, and ready to head back, Tatiana turned to go, but caught sight of something sticking out of the grass. "What the hell?" She muttered, squinting and moving closer. It almost looked like an animal's snout, and a weird animal at that. Suddenly realizing that she was approaching an unknown, possibly dangerous animal while Satiel was sulking in the background, Tatiana turned and began to walk away. Whatever it was, she didn't want to mess with it.

- - -

Interactions: Satiel Rex (@Zareh), Charlotte Lawrence (@Cheryl)

926057d0f6d40204b7e20794773b9d36.jpg

9QIyqTU.jpg

[SIZE= 28px]Alex Katsaras[/SIZE][SIZE= 28px] [/SIZE][SIZE= 28px]&[/SIZE][SIZE= 28px] [/SIZE][COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)][SIZE= 28px]Calvin O'Callaghan III[/COLOR][/SIZE]

In the warm glow of an orange sun hovering at an angle over the city, a figure walked through uncut grass growing through cracks in the pavement. Sand and dust blew across the ground, and the mellow summer scene made the place look both hauntingly abandoned and strangely tranquil. Nobody really lived in these parts anymore, and it seemed even fewer passed through. The rail yard had a way of scaring people off like that.

The figure was unremarkably much taller than the average male, had a thin, sleeveless white hoodie pulled up over golden locks of nearly ash blonde hair. White shorts with beige frames fluttered just above his knees. His gait was that of someone used to walking, yet bored. Perhaps the walk was more tiring to his mind than his body. A red and black backpack hung low on behind him, and bounced against him for every step he took. A wooden, featureless skateboard was strapped to it diagonally.

Alex had taken his most spontaneous choice in weeks, and decided to take a different route home from the skate park where he'd spend most of his weekdays while the normal kids were still in school. He preferred being there on his own these days, and spent more than half his time on the pavement just staring at the clouds.

This other route happened to pass over the old railways, an area that had been wrapped in mystery since Alex was but a child. His gaze rolled over the desolate wagons and rusted metal, and his mind wandered far from his body as he dragged his hand against the chain-link that separated him from urban legend.

When his hand suddenly caught a metal pole he was snatched out of his daydreaming, and stopped to admire one of the few gates that actually lead into the rail yard. Unlike the rest of the fence, this part lacked the three rows of barbed wire lining the top, and an idea started growing the back of Alex's mind. An urge started bubbling in his heart. A smile started forming on his face.

He tore the phone out of his pocket and ran through his contact list before stopping on a name that had once seemed more familiar to him. He pressed call, then turned his back to the rail yard.

Ring...

“Mmmmhhh mhmm, yeah yeah
Holy diver
You've been down too long in the midnight sea
Oh what's becoming of me”

The familiar lyrics blasted out of the radio of the golden Chevy 4x4 that pulled up at the construction site adjacent to Greyholm’s biggest eyesore: the abandoned railyard. In it’s heyday, it was said to be one of the most effective methods of importing and exporting in the nation. Hundreds of trains a day would come barreling in and out of those tunnels with shrieks and bellows that could be heard anywhere across the entire city.

And now it was a ruin, a desiccated corpse with nothing but wasted potential behind.

Calvin gazed at it wistfully through the windshield, his fingers drumming in time with the music on the steering wheel. Then he looked down at the laptop parked in shotgun where a file on the station was already up for briefing thanks to Matthew, an old hacker friend from the glory days. He clicked it and scrolled through, taking in the layout and observing the corresponding pictures.

Occasionally, he would highlight something and jot it down in his personal notepad to view later when he returned from his expedition. Indeed, he was not the kind of person who was merely content to allow others to move the pieces around the chessboard. He was a doer, like his father and grandfather before him. And it had occurred to him early in the research process that if he were to find his own future, he would have to be there in person.

Closing the laptop with a click, he reached for the gold-trimmed AGV helmet where his Go-Pro V was mounted to the top. He tucked it under one arm and exited the truck, killing the engine with a click from his keys.

A bird caw-cawed in the distance.

Calvin glanced around, a bit startled by the noise, but eventually smirked and brushed it off.

He was a little too old to believe in ghost stories.

Heading around to the back, he unlatched the trailer and hopped up into the bed where his black beauty Yamaha Raptor 700 ATV lay idling, ready to go at a moment’s notice. He turned it on, the engine roaring as he gunned it twice, and then slowly backed down the ramp until it touched the dirt and was facing directly towards his intended target.

Calvin paused for a moment, his eyes taking in the scene with a mischievous glint behind them. Illuminated in the sunset was his path, his golden road to glory. A narrow path that lead right across the construction complex to the rustiest, weakest part of the gate he could find short of kicking in the front door (not that he hadn’t contemplated doing just that).

He checked his watch.

5:58 PM.

Two minutes to show time.

The only chance he had to use the cover of rush hour to blast through the fencing without being heard. He took a deep breath, collecting his thoughts beneath the adrenaline.

Then his phone buzzed.

“Ah, shit.”

Ripping off the helmet, he fished into his pocket and checked the ID.

Alex …

He hesitated for a few seconds. Then he lifted the phone to his ear.

“Hey, buddy. Been a long time since I heard your voice. What’s the occasion, man?”

[COLOR= rgb(139, 69, 19)]"Hey man, yeah it's been forever. So uh, have you ever been into this urban exploration thing?"[/COLOR] Sparked from the other end of the phone.

Calvin smiled despite himself. The timing was just too damned good.

“Sure, man … It’s actually pretty funny that you called. You see, I’m getting ready to do some of that urban exploring myself.”

Alex was pacing back and forth before the rail yard gate with a puzzled expression on his face. Had Calvin left town or something? There was like no places in Greyholm that was worth exploring.

[COLOR= rgb(139, 69, 19)]"Yeah? Well, I'm outside that old "haunted" rail yard on the outskirts. Where you at?"[/COLOR]

Wait. Alex stopped in his tracks. Unless...

There was a brief pause on the other end of the phone. Finally, Cal chuckled and through the burst of static, there came the sound of a motor turning on.

“That’s perfect,” he said at last. “I was going to email you the shoot later when the heat died down. This worked out even better.”

Before Alex could say anything else, Calvin pulled the phone away from his ear and jammed the helmet on until it was secure. He left the visor up to give his old friend one last warning:

“If you’re near the fence by the train yard … Run.”

Then he ended the call to the sound of an engine revving.

[COLOR= rgb(139, 69, 19)]"Huh, hold on-!" [/COLOR]The call ended. Alex held the phone in front of him and just stared as the call screen reverted to his contact list. That is, until he heard the roar of an engine in close proximity. He looked over to a nearby hill as he slipped his phone back into it's pocket, and squinted. The engine got louder, and suddenly an ATV jumped over the hill. [COLOR= rgb(139, 69, 19)]"No way..."[/COLOR] Alex thought, while trying to make out who sat on it. It was a difficult thing to do, seeing as the driver wore a helmet. But wait, he recognized that ATV, and that helmet.

And the raptor had a top speed of- Ooooh shit. Alex turned around on the spot and started rushing towards the fence. He heard the engine roaring louder and louder behind him, and as soon as he was within range he pushed off from the ground as hard as he could. Time seemed to slow down for a minute, as Alex used his hands to get another little bit of air from the top of the gate, and Calvin came running straight through it with his ATV.

In slow-motion Alex saw the gate swing open beneath him, and the gravel spraying everywhere as Calvin finally started using the brakes. With an enormous smile on his face he waved to his old acquaintance whilst the magical moment finally came to it's end.

As he hit the ground rolling and Calvin came to a stop before him, there was only one thought on his mind.

[COLOR= rgb(139, 69, 19)]"Feels like the good old days."[/COLOR]

Waking from her sleep, Penelope yawned and looked around. A small smile graced her lips as she recognized Her hiding place. It was an old passenger car that had been turned on its side. After years of laying there it was mostly covered by moss and undergrowth, making it ideal for the privacy she desired. She had moved a couple of the old seats to a corner, creating a make shift bed. This is where she found herself now as she stretched and shifted to a sitting position. Nel grabbed her brush and pulled her long hair over her shoulder. She started the process of brushing the lengthy locks as she hummed a song her mum used to sing when she was little. A tear slid down her cheek as she thought of her late parents. She wondered what they would think if they could see her now, platypus features and all. Would her father still look at her with pride? Would her mother still grace her with a loving smile? Nel shook her head at the fanciful thoughts. She would have given anything to have her parents back but it was impossible.

Wiping the stray tear away, she rose and padded across the soft moss to a small gap in the train cars exterior. Looking out she scanned the area for any people. Confident in her assessment of the still landscape, Nel moved to a stack of crates and climbed up to pull herself through a window and on top of the car. Firmly gripping the side of the car, she swung herself over the edge and dropped to the ground. Glancing around again, Nel headed deeper into the railways, Looking to see what everyone else was up to today.

Azir's words seemed to fall upon deaf ears as Jess showed no signs of backing off, a thin thread of saliva running off her bared fangs and dripping unto Azir's exposed neck as her hot breath washed over his bare skin.

But the words he spat were slowly but surely breaching through the thick veil of instinct and primal craving that clouded Jess' mind, each and every one of his words stinging and drilling their way into Jess' consciousness as just before the bat hybrid readied herself to tear out his throat her slit-like eyes widened into rounder almond shapes, making her pull away from Azir's neck, her ears coming to lower themselves and press tightly against her skull as she looked at him with wide eyes, her bottom lip twitching slightly as her fanged mouth stood agape.

Memories came flooding back, filling the numbing space that was Jess' mind. Human emotion, reasoning, empathy, it all came back to her and made her flinch as her clawed hands left Azir's shoulders and came to rest on her face, holding her head as Jess let go of a pained growl, her eyes wide as the dark circles under her eyes became even more pronounced, her wings wrapped around her body like some drapes before they fluttered open and let a clawed hand reach forth and pull Azir up, making him come face to face with Jess, her eyebrows twitching and her eyes narrowing as they locked in with his own.

"You know nothing! You think I want to be here? To almost freeze to death in the winter, not being able to enjoy the basic decencies of human civilization, or even be able to use my hands?" The bat hybrid spat, her claws gripping Azir's jacket tightly as she pulled him closer.

"But here we are, no chance to return to the lives we had, so you really think you're better off on your own, huh?"

It was easy to see how Jess struggled to remain somewhat calm, her eyes constantly shifting between predatory slits and gentle almond shapes as she literally stared holes into Azir's soul.

@Eternitycode

Syvannis was busy 'stealthily' setting up a few traps making sure to remember her pathways, electrical cord into this puddle, make this run into that, and throw this at it. After being pretty sure thats enough to make sure she got away she quickly went to find the hybrids making sure to grab a conductor's whistle and a random bell she found. She wasn't really sure how good a bell was going to be but she kept it on her person anyways just in case. "Or maybe?" She hooked a bell up next to a dangerous trip-hazard: a downed wall and if someone would've tripped over it they would land face first on to the tracks. not that there is really anything particularly dangerous about the tracks except that its made from steel but it was something. Grabbing a fair sized rock she made her way to where she would think the hybrids were at making sure to trace her steps. 

Upon getting there She had heard them arguing about something being hybrids and blah blah blah. Perhaps it will see reason? Of course she would need a backup plan, and a backup plan for that backup plan, and another one for that. If the hybrid lunged at her she would have to quickly whistle the whistle, bats use sounds to see but they're in the day so at the very least this would stun or/and disorientate it. If it wanted to talk she could convince it that maybe they could go back maybe there is a cure somewhere? If both hybrids attacked, which was a low possibility but it was still a possibility. She would dart back to her traps and whistling although right now all she had were tailored to the bat thing. if all else failed she could perhaps retreat to a nearby building and quickly get out through a broken window or something. Preferably she would like the second possibility to happen but beggars can't be choosers.

Walking out of her hiding spot she stared at the hybrids quite a ways away her guess was 20 meters, with her usual smile, was she terrified? Was she mad? Syvannis couldnt really feel anything right now. "you know there could be a cure somewhere out there." She wasn't really saving the hybrid that ambushed her. "But of course that's going to require everyone to find it." Her stance was relaxed but her limbs were ready to move at a moments notice. 

@Vampunk @Eternitycode @Isune (ignore if theres something wrong :c )

Meili Jin

Fire Embodiment

It felt like it took forever to get to the nearest exit, the air burning around her, the oxygen being used up as fast as it could, and the flames had grown. They were spreading, all over her. From the one hand, up her hand, and to her shoulder. Crawling across her back, feeding on the cloth and burning the robes she was wearing to ashes. Everything was hot and oppressive and too much and she needed air, or else the fire would start to feed on her instead. Finally, Mei saw a ladder and she began to scramble up. The fire was engulfing both arms at this point, and her entire head had been covered by flames. The robes had long since burned off, scattered to ash and stray pieces of cloth on the ground. Mei scrambled up the ladder, each handhold heating the metal and warping it. It would be fairly easy to tell where Mei had gone.

The door above her was flung open in a moment, and Mei hauled herself out into the open air. The air fed the fire and she was a towering inferno, her own shape barely visible beneath the burninng. If one looked close enough, they could see her naked form, her hair being tossed and tangled in the roaring heat. Mei began to walk, blindly, no idea where she was going. All that mattered was getting away and into the open, letting herself burn out, and not thinking ever again.

Mei wandered, letting herself burn, not paying attention to where she went or what was around her.

count the time until you're mine

they'll never know

oh, we'll compromise

the world outside just leaves us cold

[SIZE= 10px]@TheHappyPikachu[/SIZE]

Quinn-Angry horseh

Quinn sat there and watched everything unfold. Seeing the Alpha pounce on her prey like a rabid animal, Quinn knew better than to get involved. He did once and the results weren't exactly the best. Watching her try to tear apart the bug hybrid while exchanging insults and the like.

As time went on however, Quin noticed that she had finally calmed down...at least somewhat. She went on about how none of them wanted to be this way, how human life for them was essentially impossible. Folding his arms and lowering his head slightly, Quinn just out a audible sigh. He was more horse than man at this point. If he returned to the populous, he'd probably be stuck giving horsey rides at children's birthday  parties for the rest of his life.

"Enough out of enough, say another fucking word and I'll crush what little bit of a brain you have left." He snarled as he began to approach the bug hybrid. "No one asked for this, we're just trying to do what we can to survive. We have no choice!" Quinn retorted back at what the other hybrid had said earlier. 

Then, some random girl came out, seemingly out of nowhere, and spoke of some stupid cure. "A cure?" Quinn said before he started laughing. "Yeah right, I've heard that one at least a hundred times by now. 'Oh there's a cure', 'I'm sure one day we'll find a cure', and my favorite 'There's a cure, we just need to work together to figure it out!'. Get it through your skull, a cure doesn't exist. You can't just 'reverse' this. You can't just 'take away' your mutations." He said while starting to approach the girl. Cracking his massive knuckles, Quinn raised an eyebrow as he said,"So, what do you really want? In case you can't tell, we're in the middle of dealing with this damn thief. Unless, there's something you need? Ya lost? Need to go back with the order?"

@Eternitycode @Vampunk @Petroshka

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]    [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]As the bat-hybrid went into a rampage of screaming, yelling, and showering spit all over the man, Azir instinctively flinched.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]    [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]He felt a waning tug on his collar as she grabbed him by him by his already torn leather jacket.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]    [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]None of her words made an inch into his mind. Azir just reminded himself that he didn't need to listen to mentally incapable animal. When he got the chance, he was going take off faster than he's ever dreamed of and never poke his head an inch over ground again.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]    [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]That's when a horse, no- a Horse hybrid seemed to have appeared out of nowhere and threatened to squash his “what little brain he had left.” Honestly, if Azir wanted his brain squashed, he would have asked long ago.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]    [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]What kind of question was that?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]    [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]No other choice? Well, maybe not for the horse at least. Perhaps he could give kiddos rides at some clown fiesta. Azir didn't say any of this, of course. He didn't want his brains squashed, just yet. The scrawny man needed a plan while the trio were busy slapping each other verbally.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]    [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Perhaps, slip always without them noticing? No, that wouldn't work. They were Hybrids, but they weren't that gullible and stupid.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]    [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Azir just sat there in the almost same exact position he had been dive-bombed on. He was silent, and the gears in his head turned furiously.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]    [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“Uh, pony boy? I hate to say this, but I'm not a thief. If you guys can steal coffee from others without as much as blinking an eye, why am I so to be the thief?” Azir retorted, his tone challenging.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]    [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Testing his luck was never a good idea, so he did it anyways.[/SIZE]

@Isune @Vampunk @Petroshka

Syvannis smile grew as, what she can decipher was a horse hybrid appeared, questioned her, mocked her, and approached her. She seemingly relaxed by leaning on one of the derelict trains to her left. "Maybe there isn't a cure, after all how should i know?" She paused and gave him a sharp glare. One that both analyzed the horseman and assessed her situtation. A horse, so this one can chase me and run me down, electrical puddle should stun him. "What i am certain is, if we work together we can survive, maybe even flourish. Unlike the xenophobic hot heads over at the order."

She wasn't sure how they would react to the name. All she knew was that they would no doubt hate them, perhaps they can find peace through mutual hatred? For now she would have to stay on her guard while making it seem like she wasn't. Although her eyes were kept on the bat hybrid since it seemed the most aggressive while the horse seemed the most talkative. In reality she was pretty much banking on their humanity and their ability to reason.

@Vampunk@Isune @Eternitycode (sorry guys! On moblie atm )

Eluscia was still playing with her, 'reflective toy' for quite some time before her ears twitched curiously at a thump-like noise in the distance, she swirled around on her heels to face behind her, facing left the mirror object on the ground as she cautiously hopped forward, sniffing the air once again, "Smoke?~….. Burn….. fire?….. fun!" She giggled, suddenly smirking as the towering inferno was now in the girls blurry vision range, she tilted her head curiously, "Ah! Marshmellow girl~" She continued as she slowly approached, still on all fours and looking up curiously from her leap-frog position, she'd seen the girl before, she was the one who'd set the packs hybrid member ablaze a month or so ago.

She was now what anyone in their right mind would consider dangerously close to not only a member of the order in general, but also someone who was literally a walking sparkler….. -Good thing Eluscia wasn't in her right mind- She stared at the brightness of the flickering heat with an inquisitive expression, almost looking as though she were planning to go over and try and touch it. "Bright and warm….. warm…. food….. camp….. campfire….. smores!" She linked together rather haphazardly, still smiling cheerfully at the idea of somehow making a food suctance from the girl, not that she actually had any gram crackers, nor chocolate or marshmallows. But the thought was still most defiantly there! Or at least it was until the girls facial expression once again switched and eyes dimmed down "No, No not again! Not twice, too many times, too many pain!?" She hissed holding the sides of her head again as her tail thrashed around in the dirt, causing a small cloud of dust to appear.

'There you go sweetie…. And that's how you make the perfect camp fire treat!' 'Wow!? Can I eat it yet, huh? Can I pleeeeese~' 'Come'on, you have to wait for it to cool down first otherwise-' 'Owchie!?' '-That'll happen~….' 'I'll go get some cold water then?' 'Uh-huh! It tastes really good though!~' 'Well I'm glad you like it, but try not to burn your tongue again, okay?~' 'Okay mum!~' The unfamiliar seen to the crazed girls mind cause her thoughts to swirl and blur as she winced, that woman…. who was she? why did she….. Not get angry at her?….. who was- talking?….. her laugh seemed so familiar….. The thoughts plagued her mind.

"Go away! I don't want you!? Whenever you come it hurts! It hurts so bad!?" She screamed out, tears once again beginning to roll down her face, "I just want you to leave….. please, I'm so happy without you here! so- so happy….." "Am I?….." She sudden sudden second-thought word only causing the girl to scream out once more, "I want my mummy!?" She finished in what sounded like a defeated tone, her body was really so small still, she could pass for a child without a second thought going through someones head, that was for sure. 

She had moved as softly as she could, but it wasn't quiet enough for the bouncy girl. The rustles Charlotte had made made her lose her only guide in the rail yard. A short goodbye and Ru was gone. The jerboa had left so quietly that Charlotte thought she was still there, so when she mumbled back "Sorry... I'll try to be still now." she turned to where she expected Ru to be, finding nothing but a small imprint on the ground. The movement made even more rustles, the grass blades hitting together constantly. Charlotte's eyes widened when she saw that Ru was gone. A bit louder this time, the tiny shark whispered "Ru? Ru where did you go?" . It was impossible for the shark to make no sounds. Her large head, bulky head and her fins kept her from doing so.

Charlotte started to panic when there was no response from Ru. Forgetting about the bat that could pounce onto her at any moment, she started to frantically look around in the grass around her, constantly whispering "Ru? Where are you?" . Charlotte didn't want to be all alone in the rail yard again, she had barely scraped by with the random packs of food around the place. She couldn't lose the crazy girl now, that girl probably knew where she could get food and tell her more on what to do and what not to do. However the more Charlotte searched around the more she felt hopeless inside, knowing she wouldn't be able to survive alone.

Deciding to look beyond the small patch of grass she was in, Charlotte poked her head out of the grass, looking from side to side. Her eyes squinted against the bright sunlight, her eyes hurting from it. She spotted two figures that were somewhat close, but she couldn't tell what they were, whether they were hybrids or the people that set fire to hybrids. Her mind wondered whether Ru had ran off because of the two people, but she knew that she would have no chance of escaping them. In the end she meekly called out "Ru?" .

A low growl escaped Jess' throat, her ears lowered as they twitched, signaling just how annoyed she was, threatening to just slip back into the state of mind that'd almost spelled Azir's demise.

Quinn suddenly joining them made her calm herself enough to not just give the Insect hybrid some scars to remember, instead just letting go off his jacket and letting him fall to the ground as Jess herself raised her body from the ground, her tall frame looming over Azir as a murderous glimmer shimmered in her eyes, exchanging gazes with her second in command and the other two Hybrids.

"A cure, don't kid yourself. We've been here for years without even a trace of absolution. You really think we have any chance of getting back? We're stuck here, trying to survive, and some of you still refuse to join us. Not like being on your own would only result in that wretched Order making us their personal playthings."

It had been a while since a full out confrontation with the Mages had happened but Jess herself didn't exactly crave the conflict with them, their wretched powers posing a greater threat to her than other hybrids.

Glancing over to Quinn Jess ran a clawed hand through her hair, stepping closer to the horse-man and shooting Azir a disgusted look, trying to hide that his words did hit a nerve, making the bat hybrid question her own standing in this world of rust and decay they had been thrown into.

"It won't be long until people on the outside will actually notice that something is awry, meaning that we might need to actually stop with the infighting. But for now number one priority needs to survive, and your kind only makes it worse for the rest of us." Jess growled, her steel grey eyes coming to trail over to Syvannis, taking in a deep breath of her scent as her eyes narrowed into feral slits.

"And WHO are you? Some lost soul or maybe even one of the Mages?"

Quinn-Furious Horseh!

Quinn stared disgustedly at the bug hybrid. He watched slowly as Jess got off of him and started heading towards the girl. Almost trading places with her, Quinn started to walk over to the bug hybrid. He was clearly infuriated at being called "pony boy".

Suddenly, Quinn started to crush the hybrid's windpipe using only one of his powerful hands. He brought his eyes up to the other hybrid's before letting out a puff through his nostrils. "The hell did you call me? Say it again, and I won't be so kind." He growled before throwing him back down to the ground...hard. 

Calming down a bit now, Quinn stared at the other hybrid for a moment. Turning his back to him, Quinn looked back over to Jess as she brought up the mages. The "enlightened" few. By "enlightened", Quinn usually thought of psychics with an ego problem. They always thought that they were better than the hybrids. Some even talked about capturing the hybrids and making them into servants. As if Quinn would ever serve anyone like that. He'd rather jump out of the window of a four-story building. 

Not really caring about what the hybrid behind him did next, Quinn kept his eyes trained on the girl. She could be a mage, or just some random person. With mages, it was hard to tell. Very few, possibly even no, mages really showed any physical changes. It was all up in their brains. That's why Quinn focused more on her. For all he knew, she could make things explode with her mind, and Quinn was about two seconds away from being splattered across the wall. He'd have to keep close watch of her until he figured out exactly what she was capable of.

@Petroshka @Vampunk @Eternitycode

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Syvannis pinched the bridge of her nose as the hybrid from before inadvertently insulted the horse hybrid who was obviously already in a bad mood. “I maybe one or i maybe not, hell i might be both, But that shouldn’t matter. What should matter is that i am not screaming at you and yelling adverse names." She looked them over staring at their eyes with her expressionless ones. "Look, i oppose the order and i can't do anything to them by myself i don't intend on using anyone however i do intend on finding and making allies." It wasn't completely true but it wasn't completely a lie either. She got up from her leaning position slowly Hopefully she can get them to see reason or at the very least get her out of this situation without having to escape them. "If we work together we have a better chance of taking them down and surviving the harsh winters and dangers."[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Syvannis sighed as she wondered about how the outside world would [/SIZE][SIZE= 14.6667px]perceive[/SIZE][SIZE= 14.6667px] them. Mages as help for mankind? or psychotics that are too dangerous to leave out of their control. Hybrids, victims? or monsters and abominations to be destroyed. "We need eachother if the outside world ever comes to find us, the most likely response from them would be hostile. To both mages and hybrids along with anyone in between." If she clouded their minds with thought they may be much less hostile, and less hostile would mean safe passage for her. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]@Vampunk @Eternitycode @Isune[/SIZE]

Meili Jin

Fire Embodiment

For a little while, Mei felt completely cut off from the world. The fire roared too loudly in her ears for her to hear anything else. The flames burned too hot and too high for her to feel or see anything. But then, slowly, they began to calm, slightly. She could think straight again, instead of being consumed. And that was when she noticed someone approaching her. Approaching her. The towering inferno. Who in their right mind would walk towards a girl made out of fire? Mei tilted her head down, staring at the girl crouched on the ground. She was a hybrid, and she looked vaguely familiar... Mei thought she might've seen her running around sometimes, usually oblivious. And the way she talked sounded almost like a little girl.  

At first, the hybrid seemed utterly taken with Mei's fiery form. The closer she came, however, the more worried Mei got.

"Be careful-" she started, when suddenly the girl's face twisted into pain and anguish. Her tail thrashed and she was clutching her head as if in pain. Had she gotten burned and Mei hadn't even noticed? What the hell was going on? Mei couldn't see anything physically wrong with the girl... And she was yelling, screaming, for her to leave. But was she talking to Mei? They'd never even met before, not really, so how could she make her sad 'every time'?

Confusion took hold and the flames began to recede, the anger that fed them tapering off. As the last tongues of fire vanished, Mei stumbled, suddenly exhausted. Burning always took so much out of her... Cautiously, Mei lowered herself to the ground, sitting with her knees pulled up to her chest. Sure, she was naked, but the only other person around was a crazy girl. A crazy girl who was, at the moment, incredibly upset.

"The fire is gone now," Mei said, as reassuringly as she could manage. Being nice and comforting wasn't exactly her strong suit, but she didn't want to leave this girl having a panic attack all by herself. Mei knew how much that could suck. "It can't hurt you, I promise. Did you get burned? Do you need water or something?"

count the time until you're mine

they'll never know

oh, we'll compromise

the world outside just leaves us cold

[SIZE= 10px]@TheHappyPikachu[/SIZE]

@import url('https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Cormorant|Cormorant+SC');
.stonemain8{
margin: auto;
height: 750px;
}
hr.stonehr8 {
}
.stoneimage8{

}
.stonebox8{
}

Nodding as Copper obediently left her office, she moved towards the couch and examined her ears as well. Aside from the blood, she couldn't really see anything that was damaged. Then again, she was a telepath, not a damned veterinarian. Sighing, she made herself appear as if she were still searching for any wounds when in reality she was reaching out with her mind again. Entering the unconscious girl's mind was rather simple, as was searching through its contents. Ignoring the various memories and muddled subconscious thoughts that floated about, she finally located where her mind was focused.

Ah, she was dreaming.

Unsure if she wanted to pull her out abruptly, Kiraan remained torn for a moment, weighing her options until deciding that it was the best course of action. Taking a gentle grasp upon her mind, she ever so carefully coaxed her back to the land of the living, it not being long before she opened her eyes ever so slightly, confusion spreading across her features. Taking a step back, she remained silent, waiting for Salim to take over.

Tags: @shadowz1995

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]    [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Picked up, choked half to death, and then thrown back down against the goddamn earth. Azir swore silently to himself, while his head rang with stars and horses. He was seeing copies of things that he was pretty sure didn't have a mirror image before. After a few seconds, he recovered mentally and wrapped his knuckles on his head.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]    [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]His fingers then touched at his windpipe lightly, as if examining if it were still there.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]    [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Good, it was still there.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]    [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Azir glanced around at the two Hybrids, at the mage, then back at the two Hybrids. Apparently, none of them were paying any attention towards him. This was the perfect opportunity, if he ever saw one.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]    [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Azir's hands dug into the earth roughly, before he moved himself into a better position. He cursed himself as he felt a stab of pain on his shoulder blades.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]    [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Then, without warning, he had bolted upwards and hit the floor once more, running. He staggered a bit, before he picked up a burst of speed, his jacket flying behind him.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]    [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]No way. He was never coming back to this area, ever again.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]    [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“I hate that Pony-boy,” Azir muttered under his breath.[/SIZE]

@Vampunk @Petroshka @Isune

"Alyx! Alyx, sweetheart...."

"Are you okay? Can you hear me baby?"

Salim rushed to his daughter's side and watched her carefully as the same look of confusion that Salim had when he awakened, dawned on his daughter's face. The young girl locked onto her dad's face and her face quickly became one of pain and discomfort. 

"Ow.....Dad my head hurts.....and my ears. They hurt so much. But it kinda feels..."  

As the girl reached up to feel what was wrong, Salim caughter her hand and looked at her gravely. Alyx knew that look anywhere. It spelled one thing.

Not good.

The mage quickly explained to his hybrid daughter what had happened to them and she, of course, didn't believe him at first. It was only after she reached up to touch her new ears and tail that she noticed things were....different. Her eyes were luminscent, catching the light much like a cat's would in the night. Her sapphire colored eyes almost seemed...brighter. Her body had been slightly altered, being several times more flexible and nimble than it was originally. Even more curvacious to boot. 

Like father, like daughter, Alyx took to the information and even asked a similar question, "So, what do we gotta do papa?" 

At that question, Salim stood together with his daughter and turned to the archmage. Both of them gazing expectantly at the leader of the mage order for some kind of answer or instruction. It truly was a good question. What now?

@StoneWolf18

Users who are viewing this thread